Start by marking “Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners, #3)

Tequila Mockingbird

(Sinners #3)

Sequel to Whiskey and Wry
Sinners Series: Book Three

Lieutenant Connor Morgan of SFPD’s SWAT division wasn’t looking for love. Especially not in a man. His life plan didn’t include one Forest Ackerman, a brown-eyed, blond drummer who’s as sexy as he is trouble. His family depends on him to be like his father, a solid pillar of strength who’ll one day lead the Morgan clan.

Published June 27th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published June 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Tequila Mockingbird, please sign up.
Sadie Jay There are references to the prior books that, although not related directly to the plot, are all tied together. Namely, the side characters and the…moreThere are references to the prior books that, although not related directly to the plot, are all tied together. Namely, the side characters and the history of Sinner's Gin.(less)

Start your review of Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners, #3)
Susan
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it

Rhys Ford’s Sinners Gin series is my crack. I LOVE these stories. They are the best ‘for pleasure’ reads on my shelf and in my opinion, they get better and better with each new book. Blending perfectly a little bit of mystery/suspense, sweet yet complicated and unexpected relationships, HOT sex scenes, and some of the most impossible-not-to-love characters (the broken ones (musicians) and the solid ones (Morgans))…each book has had me twirling with joy. They are just a lot of fun to read.

I
Gigi
Second read August 2016 ~ Just as good!

Well, unfortunately this book read almost exactly the same as the first two books in the series, Sinner's Gin and Whiskey and Wry, but fortunately the first two were really good. Tequila Mockingbird focuses on Morgan brother Conner, a Lieutenant with the SFPD’s SWAT division. After a lifetime of considering himself straight, he meets lost soul Forest Ackerman and the blonde beauty has him completely re-thinking his sexuality and his future. He gets the
Barbara➰
Reread March 20198

I love Connor. Forest really broke my heart this time around. Must be my mood. I was glad he got some momma love from Brigid.

Reread June 2018

Still love these two.

Originally read December 2017

Love these two guys! I have enjoyed this series a lot. But there’s definitely a pattern here of the perfect Morgan paired with a broken musician. I’m not complaining but it is similar and I suspect Quinn’s book to follow the same route. But these Morgan guys are perfect heroes and I
DarienMoya

ONE SHOT, TWO SHOT

This series man…it’s a rollercoaster ride of epic proportions and this book had me in hoops with a series of huge drops. Tequila Mockingbird is the 3rd book in the Sinners series and just like its predecessors it brought the murder and mayhem, and of course the family drama.

Connor Morgan gets called to go bust down a meth lab, being swat meaning him and his men get to go in first and hope they don’t get filled with bullet holes. The scene doesn’t turn out to be a meth lab,
Ingie
Written January 12, 2014

3 1/2 Stars - As lovely as promised - Highly entertaining suspense and smexy sweet family drama

Book #3

I finished this 9 hrs audiobook —narrated, as always with strong expression and big emotions, by Tristan James— yesterday and as always am I still, a day later, grinning my silly happy-M/M-romances-smile.

Tequila Mockingbird - yet a new addictive RF
This Rhys Ford world with a bunch of Irish born, hunky sexy, strong Morgan's Men, and their cute and sensitive ("men
Jenni Lea
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Man, these are even better the second time around! This one might be my favorite. Love Connor!
Wendy

Since the "Cole McGinnis" series was such a big hit for me, I figured I would just stay with Rhys Ford a bit longer and finish some of the "Sinners" books.

I have already read book 1, which I really enjoyed. I skipped book 2, because the plot sounded a bit complicated and just jumped into book 3. Unlike the "McGinnis" series, these books all star a different couple, so they can be read as a stand alone. Characters from previous books, do re-appear though, so I think reading them in order would
Meep
After listening to the audio love this book all the more. The instant family acceptance and Donal being pure Irish gold, Con living to expectations he's put on himself but knowing love is stronger and not hiding from it. Listening to the father and son talk made it more special. Still think it's a bit much at times but hell I'm raising it a star for that feeling of family and love.

----

Completely unrealistic from beginning to end, yet still really enjoyable reading. There's something so appealing
Susan
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
BR with Tara and Elsbeth, who have been awesome, because they’ve been subjected to my whines about this book and still want to talk to me.

description

This series just isn’t for me. I still think it’s weird how I could really like Rhys Ford’s Cole McGinnis series, but had trouble with the writing in this series.

Unrealistic dialogue, confusing scene jumps, I love yous flying around at akward times, strange descriptions during sex.

Like this one.

His cock sang and spilled.

That’s a neat trick, a
Ula'ndi Hart
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Overall book rating: 4.25
Audio Book: Tristan James 4.5 Great Stars!
Book Cover: 4

Another one bites the dust – and you know what? I still liked it. Yes that includes Mr Tristan James – although I LOVE Sionn’s rendition of the Irish lilt the best.

I like the feel of the books and it will keep me reading till I finished all of them I think. The idea of the band getting their stuff together again is a nice twist and Forest is the sweetest!

Finnally B gets her cuddle toy in him!

What I don’t like is
Sofia
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars

I read this with my Sinners companions Ingela and Irina and whilst reading the series we discussed the eye-rolling and the impossibility of certain tropes in the series ad nauseum.

We compared it in fact to watching a soap opera whilst eating nachos.

(I’m the one eating the nachos of course :P)

The thing is that I like this and I need it sometimes. So thank you Ms Ford for this episode, loved Forest, loved Conner and enjoyed the family as usual. And I look forward to the next.

BR
Bitchie
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bitchie by: Alisa
Fuck you GR, you ate my fucking review when I went back to edit a shelf!

The gist of it was this: Loved the Morgans, greatest family ever. Too perfect, but I love them anyway. Loved seeing Miki and Damien and how Forest fit in.

Totally empathized with Forest on his mom, it sucks growing up with an addict for a parent (thankfully mine never pimped me out, just sold everything I owned as a kid that had ANY value). You want them to get better, but after awhile, you just accept that it ain't gonna
Line
Re-read, and it was just as great as the rest of the series I've read so far. Also special hearteyes for Donal and his totally accepting and chill personality! We need more of that shit<3

--------------------------------------------

I am on a FUCKING roll, with this MM-mystery-hole I've stumbled into!
I am wondering why the hell it took me so long to move to this subgenre, when I know that I love a great mystery, and I love MM.
In this one we have a butt-virgin -Connor, also known as
Heather C
There’s no denying that I love Rhys Ford and this is just another reason why I will forever read anything she writes.

After the surprising revelation at the end of Whiskey and Wry, I’ve been impatiently waiting Tequila Mockingbird. Who saw that coming?? I considered myself “in the know” and I was not expecting that curveball!!!

Forest Ackerman has lived a pretty shitty life: from Dumpster scrounging to prostituting with his druggie mother to becoming the adopted son of a pot smoking hippie…Forest
JR
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the universe
For me this was absolutely brilliant, awesome, epic! Okay so now you know I loved it. Although I love everything that Ms. Ford's writes, Sinners Gin is my very favorite. The Morgan family just makes it for me. There is something to be said about an Irish family, in this case it's not just an Irish family but any family. It's the kind of family we all want, and some are lucky to have.

This time the oldest, Connor is center stage. Connor's S.W.A.T team think they are busting a meth lab. However,
Heidi
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great Read/Audio from Rhys Ford. Love the Morgan family with all their quirks and stubbornness. As always Tristan James is great to listen to, and really brings the characters to life.

Just as an aside ...
I'm thinking Rhys may have had a little shout out to Josh Lanyon's Adrien English Series when she mentions “You find any more dead bodies, someone would think you owned a mystery bookstore in Pasadena”.

The last sentence of the book has definitely left me wanting to read the next book
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
BR with Elsbeth and Susan who is the very, very bestest on Friday 21 August. Susan is the bestest because she read it all even though she did not enjoy it. She does so much for me.

I still have issues with some things but I can't seem to bring myself to care anymore. Absolutely adored Forest. I mean I want to wrap him up and cuddle him forever adored. Con was also a sweetie and I enjoyed all the drama and the Morgan's.

I still have little to no idea what does be happening in the sex scenes
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Take one abused hero with a tragic past. Add in a manly, tough, straight alpha cop. Mix in some great family dynamics and sprinkle liberally with lots of hot sex. What you'll get is the classic recipe known as Rhys Ford romance.

I found I liked this a bit more than the first two. For some reason I really enjoyed Forest - his voice, personality, and vulnerability. As always, the Irish alphas in this series fall hard and fast and are not afraid to go all uber protective. I actually wanted
DaisyGirl
5.0 Spec-fucking-tacular stars

By far, my favorite book of the series to date. Rhys has truly outdone herself. Lieutenant Connor Morgan of SFPD’s SWAT was, in a word, HAWT! I abso loved him. He was mm, mm, good. I want my own Connor Morgan.

*frantically fanning myself*

And, Forest was the perfect yin to his yang (or yang to his yin ... whatevs, you know what I mean). Talk about overcoming the shit pile life threw at you. Forest came out on top and wasn't a pissy, pathetic whiner for it.

*runs to
Otila
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-mm
This is another great addition to a wonderful series. It’s funny, sweet and has just the right amount of mystery.

Connor is the eldest son in the Morgan clan. He knows exactly what he wants in his life: to be like his father. That means being a cop, having a wife and eventually kids. He starts to question the vision he has for his life when he meets Forest, and can’t get the beautiful drummer out of his mind. Forest has had a seriously shitty life and finds it hard to trust people or believe he’s
Ann
Rhys Ford words + Tristan James voice = Audio book perfection.

This is such a great series and I love reading about the Morgan family. I had fun listening to more of Mama Morgan's voice, she's totally kick ass and gives all her boys what they need whether they want it or not.

The ending has me anxiously awaiting Book 4. Rhys does the endings so well. Not a cliffhanger by any means, but a total teaser preview of what's to come.
T.M. Smith
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*** Updated December 21, 2014 to include both e-book and audio reviews ***

Tams e-book review from May 2014…

Conner Morgan is the eldest of the eight Morgan children and with that, he holds himself to a higher standard. He feels the burden of having to project a certain persona to everyone because of who his father is. Everything he thought he was is about to be called into question on his latest case. When one blonde haired, brown eyed, barefoot musician barrels into his life.

Forest Ackerman has
BWT (Belen)
I've liked the other books in the series. No doubt about it, but I LOVED Tequila Mockingbird so, so much more! What can I say? Rhys Ford’s Sinners Gin series is my jam.
My Jam

I LOVE the Sinners stories. They get consistently better with each new book. Ford seamlessly blends mystery/suspense, complicated yet sexy relationships, super HOT sexy times, and some of the most loveable characters (even the broken ones).

I don't know if it's that Rhys Ford took so much time to set up the other characters and
Karen
More from the happy place...

That's right I'm still listening to Rhys Ford's 'Sinner's Gin' on audio and loving it...totally loving it.

'Tequila Mockingbird' is Connor and Forest story and like the previous books I loved re-visiting this story on audio every bit as much as I enjoyed reading it the first time.

Ok, I'm off to finish listening to Quinn and Rafe's story and oh my god, I think I'd forgotten how much I loved these two. I think Connor's probably my favorite Morgan...well, no actually
Christy
It may come as a surprise to some of you, but I have loved each and every one of the 'Sinners' books and characters equally. Until now. Within a few pages I knew that Forest was going to be my favorite and would hold a special place in my heart that Damien and Miki don't. I love Miki and Damien, no doubt about it. But, Miki is so wounded, so troubled, so untrusting of love…completely understandable considering his upbringing, but it makes it harder for me to connect with him, and Damien doesn't ...more
Trio
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best line of the book:

"Well, shit," Duarte drawled as he walked past Connor. "You find any more dead bodies, someone would think you owned a mystery bookstore in Pasadena."

I really enjoyed this one. My favorite of the series so far. I loved the relationship between Con and Forest - it grew so naturally, and Con's whole working through being attracted to men was very well done.

I did the Audible version (of course, because I cannot pass up an opportunity to listen to Tristan James read me a book).
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I love the Morgans. This has been a wonderful series. I have grown to love each and every member of this family.
Sandra
2.5 stars First, I need to vent. What the hell does this title mean? I get that the band was called "Sinner's Gin" and that each book title keeps the alcohol theme... but WTF does tequila or mockingbirds have to do with anything in this story? I even tried to find some To Kill a Mockingbird reference, but alas, looks like it's just a meaningless, cool sounding name.

Now on to the review. I love reading about damaged boys, and watching them healed. But Forrest was pretty much healed already, so
Karen
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Rhys Ford is amazing. The characters in Sinner's Gin are so entertaining and just loveable. Absolutely loveable and as much as I love the MCs and it this case it was Forest and Con. I read these stories for Brigid and Donal.

Brigid & Donal are the best parents ever. So often in books parents are portrayed as being less than stellar and there are those types of parents in these stories too. But central to this series we have the Morgan family and there are 8 children in
Mary
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Forest has not had an easy life. His mother is a poor excuse for a human being, the one guy who cared for him like a father was killed and just lately, his place of business that was left to him by that nice man, was blown up. He seriously needs some help, he's been pulling himself up by his bootstraps for so long, not whining about his life, and doing all that he can. But really, truly, he's in desperate need of a knight in shining armor. Enter SWAT lieutenant Conner Morgan who is ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Tequila Mockingbird (Sinner's Gin #3) 1 15 Aug 31, 2014 05:42PM
Dreamspinner Press: Tequila Mockingbird by Rhys Ford 2 19 Jul 01, 2014 07:21PM

• Guilt by Association (Hazard and Somerset, #4)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (A Matter of Time #1-2)
  • Love and Payne (THIRDS Universe, #1)
  • A Matter of Time, Vol. 2 (A Matter of Time #3-4)
  • Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)
  • But For You (A Matter of Time #6)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • A Matter of Time Book III (A Matter of Time #3)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • Be Still My Heart (Four Kings Security, #2)
  • Winter Kill
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • Relief Valve (The Plumber's Mate #2)
Rhys Ford is an award-winning author with several long-running LGBT+ mystery, thriller, paranormal, and urban fantasy series and was a 2016 LAMBDA finalist with her novel, Murder and Mayhem. She is published by Dreamspinner Press and DSP Publications.

She’s also quite skeptical about bios without a dash of something personal and really, who doesn’t mention their cats, dog and cars in a bio? She

Sinners (6 books)
  • Sinner's Gin (Sinners, #1)
  • Whiskey and Wry (Sinners, #2)
  • Sloe Ride (Sinners, #4)
  • Absinthe of Malice (Sinners, #5)
  • Sin and Tonic (Sinners, #6)
“You should never play safe with your heart. It doesn’t get to grow if you don’t take it out. You break it. You give it away. And sometimes, you kind of hope someone gives it back to you—maybe wrapped up and taped but better because they held it for a little while.” 10 likes
“You find any more dead bodies, someone would think you owned a mystery bookstore in Pasadena.” 9 likes