Jump to ratings and reviews

The Dragon Of Mith

When everyone else runs away and wants to find a way to get rid of the dragon, a young girl tries to find out why he came to town.

128 pages, Hardcover

49 books12 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
584 reviews90 followers
December 26, 2020
Note: This rating comes from my 12 year old self, in a recently discovered school assignment.
Profile Image for Jess Scott.
Author 108 books333 followers
May 6, 2012
I've the eBook version of this book, and it's a well-written, charming story that's ideal for young readers (I would've LOVED to have read this on my own when I was around seven to ten years old!).

The illustrations which accompany the text are very lovingly done also. There's something about the 2D illustrations which capture the fierceness and beauty of the dragon--a great way to appeal to and introduce a young reader to the world of dragons.

The textual content is subtly witty/clever also (which can be observed via reading the titles of each chapter via the table of contents). It takes the reader on a fascinating journey yet also gives the reader a lot to think about, in terms of universal themes. I very much like and appreciate that old school "substance" of the book (versus many of the newer material where it seems to be very "me"-focused and contain a lot of "wish fulfillment" where the protagonist doesn't really have to do much in order to emerge the hero/heroine of the story).

Lines like: "But then feeling guilty gave you more wrinkles than worrying did" are lines that I'll remember, regardless of whether I was seven or twenty-seven (or older) when I first read the text.

This is good literature that young readers should be encouraged to read [I can see why THE DRAGON OF MITH was Awarded an Honour Book Prize (runner-up) in the Australian Children's Book of the Year Awards - Younger Readers 1990].

After all, as any dragon will be able to tell you, we are what we consume--food-wise, entertainment-wise, books-wise, etc.
Profile Image for caitie.
135 reviews7 followers
January 23, 2017
A friend of mine who is barely eight years old lent this to me because he loved it so much. I read this in one sitting and I know why he enjoyed it. Its got the feel of a children's story and is very easy to read but it has these beautiful deep messages behind it. It teaches on being brave and being happy and being wise and being nice to one another. I was smiling from ear to ear by the time I was finished.
Profile Image for Graeme.
4 reviews
July 1, 2012
Should be compulsory reading for anyone who works with kids.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.