Start by marking “Dream Warriors (Joey Cola, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dream Warriors (Joey Cola, #1)

Dream Warriors

(Joey Cola #1)

Joseph Colafranceschi is a fifteen-year-old, self-described geek, living in the Bronx. The second youngest of twelve sons of the former U.S. ambassador to Italy, Joey discovers that a small Egyptian statuette given to him by his father, endows him with power to control his dreams. After his brothers throw him down a manhole, Joey is drawn into a hidden society of warriors ...more
Published July 21st 2014 by Evolved Publishing LLC (first published July 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Warriors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Warriors

Jamie
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I must say I was very impressed with this book. Very enjoyable. It even had me jumping off my bed in anxious excitement at one point. A mix of fantasy, action, mythology and our very own dreams.

Joey is a 15 year old genius about to graduate high school and move on to MIT. Picked on by his older brothers but looked upon extra foundly by his father. One day his father presents him with a rare, valuable gift. The next day, after suffering an especially brutal treatment from his older brothers, Joe
Linda
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Joey Colafraneshi, a fifteen year old boy as about to head of to MIT and leave behind his ten brothers behind, twins he wouldn't miss as they beat him after school everyday. One day they attacked and threw him down a manhole and it was strange as a beautiful woman named Nefertiti rescued him from drowning. She led him down below the streets of New York to a place called To-She where he met a very old man........

D. Robert Pease spins book one of his series where Joey meets Ammon, discovers his be
SARIT
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A mix of fantasy, action, mythology and our very own dreams.

Joseph Colafranceschi AKA "Joey Cola is a 15 year old genius about to graduate high school and move on to MIT. He is the second youngest of twelve sons of the former U.S. ambassador to Italy. His older stepbrothers tend to pick on him, but, His father he looked him very fondly.

It gets so bad that Joey is actually put in the hospital because of their antics.this day his father presents him with a rare, valuable gift, a small Egyptian
Kim Propp
This review was first published on amazon.com.

So much to love about this book! Joey Cola is a brilliant teen who is bullied by his stepbrothers. It gets so bad that Joey is actually put in the hospital because of their antics. Joey has a special bond with his father that none of the other brothers have. Mr. Cola believes he is getting old and his time is coming to die so he entrusts a special statue necklace to Joey. He tells him never to tell anyone he has the necklace. Joey's stepbrothers hur
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
Dream Warriors by D. Robert Pease is the first book in a new young adult fantasy series, centering on Joey Cola. Joey is a genius who will be graduating high school early to attend MIT. After receiving a mysterious statuette from his father, things begin to not be what they seem.

This is a wonderful start to a fascinating fantasy world. I loved the concept of the dream world versus 'reality'. It was awesome to watch Joey transform and become a stronger, more confident person. The descriptions an
Cyndi  Flores
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great ya fantasy book, I must admit this book had me hooked and I read it so fast because D. Robert Pease writes with a style that keeps you guessing, keeps you on the edge of your seat, you don't no who you can trust, what is gonna happen next, it is so good, there are many surprises waiting for you in this great fantasy ya book. i loved it.
Robin
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quite interesting. It touches on a couple of genres, such as fantasy/magic, superheroes & medieval/gladiators. Definitely a read for young adults & the boys will certainly enjoy it.

Joey was a true teenager mess with all the struggles a teen faces… crazy family dynamics, finding himself & discovering that first sweet puppy love.

Intriguing world and well done world building. I read via Audible & the narrator was perfect. Excellent twist at the end & conclusion.

My star rating
Janet
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extraordinary fantasy world!

Wow, I just finished reading another awesome book by D. Robert Pease. I'm not familiar with ancient Egyptian mythology. It never came up in my college studies over 40 years ago. After reading Joey Cola: Dream Warriors, I'm anxious to learn more. I hope the second book in the series comes out soon.
Naznin Azeez
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book cover is very nice, something that inspires fantasy. It shows the characters Cleopatra, Joseph Colafranceschi (aka Joey Cola) and Alexandra Romanov (aka Alex). Joey stumbles onto a parallel world once he comes into possession of a magical amulet, passed onto him from his father. I felt so intrigued by this amulet that I couldn't put the book down until I found out what magical powers it held!.

I liked Alex's character a lot. I can very much relate to her. She is very kind hearted and ami
Kevin Gerard
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What nerdy, geeky kid wouldn't want to fall asleep and wake up in a dream world where he morphed into a cross between King Leonidas and the Incredible Hulk? This element of the story alone is enough to draw readers to Dream Warriors.

Joseph Colafranceschi, a boy genius (15 years old and on his way to MIT) gets bullied a lot by his older and much stupider siblings. The book kicks into high gear on the first page, with the twins, Sergio and Igor, chasing him down the street in New York City. Eventu
Julie Grasso
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Joey Cola is no ordinary kid. Bordering on genius, the skinny gangly 15 year old is about to graduate the youngest in his school and attend the illustrious MIT. Joey’s friend Alex, is just as smart, but her style would be considered a lot more eclectic than Joey’s. Alex has bright red hair and doesn’t ever miss a chance to sport fishnet tights and red boots as loud as her hair.

Everything was swimming along semi normal towards graduation. Well, as normal as it can be for a kid genius who is cons
DelAnne Frazee
Tags: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Paranormal
Overall Rating: Excellent
Reviewed For: Author & Mother Daughter Book Reviews
Reviewer: DelAnne

Joseph Colafraneschi, called Joey Cola by his friends, is a fifteen year old with a genius level intelligence who is just weeks from b
Oh My Bookness
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book Review:
Brittany Perez (Oh My Bookness)
@ohmybookness
Bperezbookreviews@gmail.com
August 7,2014

Dream Warriors is the first book in a new series of books featuring Joseph Colafranceschi AKA "Joey Cola."Joey Cola is a fifteen year old with a genius level intelligence who is just weeks from becoming the youngest graduate of the prestigious St. John Academy and heading off to MIT. When Joey's dad presents him with a special gift, Joey's world is turned upside down.

Joey is the favored son of his fa
Tina at Mommynificent
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I've read by D. Robert Pease, and I am now a big fan! I love the way he takes Biblical stories as inspiration and then makes completely new stories out of them. His writing is tight and action-packed, the characters are well-developed and grow throughout the course of the story, and I've never noticed any holes or inconsistencies in any of his complex plot lines.

I have only one negative thing to say about this book, and it is very minor. In the first few pages, while esta
Dan Rogers
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
John Purvis
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
“Dream Warriors” was published in 2014 and was written by D. Robert Pease (http://www.drobertpease.com). Mr. Pease has published 8 novels, and this is the second novel of his that I have read.

I obtained a galley of this novel for review through https://www.netgalley.com. I would categorize this Young Adult Fantasy novel as ‘PG’, as there is some Violence. The novel is written in the first person from the stand point of 15 year old Joseph “Joey” Colafranceschis.

Joey is brilliant, just about to
Erika Messer
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was truly an amazing read! Something that I have not read before, which is what I love :) Joey Cola as his friend Alex calls him is just an ordinary teen until realizing that he can do something absolutely unbelievable - he can become a "Dream Warrior". And when he finds out that Alex is one too, their journey takes them to new worlds whenever they "push". In their dreams they battle great warriors and if they lose they wake up, not dying in real life. But as they become more embroiled in t ...more
Stacie
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Dream Warriors is an intriguing and suspenseful story about a teenager named Joseph Colafrancheschi who discovers an amazing ability which catapults him into a dream world where he finds himself on a mission to save the world.

Joseph is a bright young man whose intelligence has him graduating high school at only fifteen. He has also received a full ride scholarship to MIT in the fall. Joseph sees his whole life unfolding before his eyes and is eager to reach his highest potential. When his fathe
Kim Heimbuch
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Joey is a genius and headed off to MIT soon leaving behind his twelve brothers, his loving mom, and his father, a man he has looked up to his whole life. At a spindly five-foot-nine, fifteen-year-old Joey is often at the end of his two older brother’s jealousy, as well as their fists. If it weren’t for his best friend Alexandria, his life would be more miserable than it is. Alex is unique and has her own defined look and a strength that appeals to Joey. Joey’s life changes when his father gives ...more
Julia Nashif
A biblical Joseph retelling? Yes please!

Thank you, Evolved Publishing, for this free book to review!

That said, it was a very loose retelling. Aside from the beginning, I could hardly tell it was based on anything biblical. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. Personally? I would have liked a little more of the original.

One trend I hope will strengthen in 2015 is more smart characters. Joey here fit the bill! I know nothing about going to MIT when you're 15, but it sure sounds smart.
LAWonder10
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing

There is a world that lies just beyond consciousness…the world in which dreams are created. This is a world that can be controlled by our will…or can it?

This fast paced story is of an exceptional boy in a dysfunctional family. His jealous older siblings often make his life miserable. He has a close relation to his mother and his best friend Alex. These are two friends he can always count on. Joseph faces his struggles an strives to overcome them until he can leave. His dreams become a new dimen
Christy
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this free for an honest review which I'm giving.

Dream Warriors is the first book in a new series of books featuring Joseph Colafranceschi AKA "Joey Cola." When Joey's dad presents him with a special gift, Joey's world is turned upside down. Everything he thought he knew about reality changes. Joey finds that his dreams seem more real than his waking hours. In fact, he is a dream warrior and finds himself in a world where he can be and do anything.

This story is a little bit o
Dawn
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

Dream Warriors is a young adult fantasy with a lot of twists. It’s a little slow getting started but it’s worth it to stick with it. There ends being a lot of action and excitement throughout the rest of the book.

The main characters, Joey and Alex, are brainiacs and, therefore, outcasts in school. They are best friends getting ready to graduate from high school. I liked both of them and they are both mature for their ages, except when it
Vincent Noot
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Action, romance, magic, and mythology

At first it reminded me a little of Harry Potter, since an intelligent MIT kid who gets bullied steps into a fantasy world of dreams, but who has special gifts (all that was missing was the lightning bolt scar on his forehead). It also made me think of The Neverending Story, with a beautiful princess and friends who should of should not be trusted. Names like Cleopatra and Ammon, which are of Egyptian origin, make it more mythological.

It’s one of those storie
Dalene
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, I would like to thank the author D. Robert Pease for giving me this book for an honest review. I absolutely love this story. Joey is one of thirteen siblings most brothers, he has a high IQ and is graduating at the age of fifteen and getting ready to go to MIT for college. Joey is bullied by his twin brothers, who are so awful that Joey ends up in the hospital because of them with broken ribs. Joey ends up being pulled into the dream world and becoming a dream warrior. The story-line of t ...more
Ruth Hill
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
This is the second series from this author that I have had the privilege from which to read. I was pleased to see that this book had a subtle Christian theme. Imagine Joseph from the Bible meets fantasy, and you just might have a general idea for this book. Three is no profanity, no intimate scenes, and young adult fantasy lovers will thoroughly enjoy the book.

My only complaint with the book is that sometimes I find that I do not connect with the book as much as I would like. I prefer books with
Belinda Hughes
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Scifi, time travel, urban fantasy fans from age 10 to adult
Recommended to Belinda by: friend
Shelves: urban-fantasy, ya
As an Egyptology fan since childhood and an eternal Piscean dreamer, Dream Warriors thrilled me to my bones! A field trip to an Egyptian exhibit at the Met, combined with a forced tour of a New York City sewer, open 15-year-old Joey Cola’s eyes to a world beyond his upcoming entry to MIT. His dreams of making a difference increasingly turn into a full-time job of saving the world. Along the way, Joey picks up a few new skills and learns some fascinating, fun and difficult truths. He is forced to ...more
Susan Slacky Faatz
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

The story of Joseph Colafranceschi is an interestig one that is hard to put down because it is well written. The story takes you into a world of fantacy, into the world that is our dreams. Or are they just our dreams? There is lots of action and a bit of a love story too.

The main character is Joey and he is a genius who at 15 is graduating high school and in the fall he will be attending MIT. His best friend is
Ashley Howland
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all. Adventure, mystery and engaging characters. It centres on the family of Joseph an incredibly smart fifteen year old. He is given a gift of an ancient Egyptian charm – a stoat by his father. This gift changes his life. Joseph suddenly enters a dream world. This world is controlled by the mind, here you can be and do anything. It is all a dream, or is it? The dream warriors use their dream state to influence life in the world of the awake. Joseph finds himself in a battle and ...more
Lisa
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley-arc
You can find more reviews Mademoisellesnow Blog

I didn’t find this a page-turner at all; actually to be honest I couldn’t even finish reading it. I really enjoy reading books that incorporate Egyptian mythology, which was why I picked this book to read. But I was really disappointed with the outcome of the story. I also didn’t enjoy the style of writing.
Audiobooks: HOT OFF THE PRESS! This week's AudaVoxx Picks 1 12 Oct 09, 2015 12:15PM
YA Must-Reads: New YA Fantasy by D. Robert Pease: Dream Warriors 1 3 Jul 31, 2014 08:32AM
D. Robert Pease has been interested in creating worlds since childhood. From building in the sandbox behind his house, to drawing fantastical worlds with paper and pencil, there has hardly been a time he hasn't been off on some adventure in his mind, to the dismay of parents and teachers alike. Also, since the moment he could read, books have consumed vast swaths of his life. From The Mouse and th ...more