Start by marking “Central Park” as Want to Read:
Central Park

Central Park

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  15,560 ratings  ·  1,619 reviews
Alice et Gabriel n'ont aucun souvenir de la nuit dernière...
...pourtant, ils ne sont pas près de l'oublier.

New York, huit heures du matin ...
Alice, jeune flic parisien, et Gabriel, pianiste de jazz américain, se réveillent menottés l'un à l'autre sur un banc de Central Park.

Ils ne se connaissent pas et n'ont aucun souvenir de leur rencontre. La veille au soir, Alice faisa
Published March 27th 2014 by Xo Edition

To ask other readers questions about Central Park, please sign up.

·  15,560 ratings  ·  1,619 reviews

Start your review of Central Park
The Burning Rose (Jess)
This book was so beautiful. I wish there was more..
Dolf Patijn
English and (more elaborate) Dutch review.
One of the most popular authors in France today? Well, I certainly hope that the rest of his work is of better quality. The story in this book is not very believable, even after the plot change and the dialogues are often clumsy. Two stars means: it was ok. Just about.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guillaume Musso is volgens zeggen een van de meest populaire auteurs in Frankrijk. Na het lezen van dit boek vraag ik
Imène Chouli
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
fiiinaallyyy i read this popular book i'm kind late but that's okay as long as i read it now 😌 .
I don't where exactly to begin with, cuz honestly i was fascinated by this thriller psychologic novel which I thought it's just an ordinary romance book about two strangers Alice from France and Gabriel from Dublin who met somehow with an awkwardly way at "central park" and booom I was 100% wrong about that thought!
a lot of suspense and mystery started with looking after a serial killer by Alice who i
Ajla
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Finished it in four hours. Loved every second of it.
Roxana Codin
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many feelings...but I really love it!
Roger Brunyate
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Flic in New York

According to the book jacket, Guillaume Musso is the most-read author in France. It is not literature we are dealing with here but a detective suspense story that kept me glued to the page for the better part of two days. And right up to the minute too! One of the greatest joys of reading was to discover what has become of the French language; the writing is full of slang, abbreviations, English words converted to new uses, and sheer exuberance of invention. This is no longer t
Susy
Alice isn’t the most likable character. Also I didn’t get why she, as a detective herself, didn’t want to involve the police especially since at the time she didn’t know who or what was involved. The going back and forth in time made a bit hard to follow the book being in audio. Also one time Alice goes back in time, remembering, the memory is described in the first person, and then it goes on describing her husband’s thoughts and actions. Her getting an appointment with the specialist
Olga_evstifeeva
Okay, the plot becomes interesting by the last few chapters, but the style is awful! I gave the book two stars just because I'm saving one star for really, really bad books (hope I won't get to read any). Lots of cliches, phony dialoges, plastic characters, incoherence in a bunch of events. And a beaten finale, as a cherry on top.
Dragana
A friend of mine adores Guillaume Musso. She's got all of his books lined up on a bookshelf. (Neil Gaiman and Musso and two of her favorite authors.) So, I decided to check him out. When I asked which book to read, she told me they were all good. So I went with whatever was available at the library.

Central Park was not what I expected. Without a clue about Musso's plot or writing style (except that it should be very very good) I expected that the story will have some paranormal element. It did n
Pvw
Apr 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: detective, crime
How do incompetent authors like Kathy Reichs, Dan Brown, Pieter Aspe, whatever, manage to sell so many books? It always baffled me, but now I get it. If Guilluame Musso represents the competition, the aforementioned are geniuses when compared. Just listen to the story, I'll talk about style later.

Alice, a French police inspector, wakes up in Central Park in New York and finds herself attached to an unknown man who claims to be a jazz pianist, and who, like her, doesn't know how they got into the
Dana Moison
After already reading two of this great author’s books, I just had to continue to another Guillaume-Musso thriller, which had been waiting patiently on by bookshelf. Its name, Central Park, immediately triggered a warm memory of fresh grass tickling my nape as I chance a glance at the sun illuminating the famous park with its golden aura, while I’m seizing the opportunity to sit back and read.

However, my beloved Central Park has a rather small part in this book. Alice and Gabriel wake up in the
Andrada Papatoiu
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
How shall I start? ... It was a easy to ready kind of book, the story moves very fast and keeps you wondering what's really going on .. Most of the things happening are not really realistic - but it's just fiction, right?
However the ending ... I mean why?! Except for the fact that it's completely unexpected ... I like the last chapter that gives you a brief impression about the future.
I give it 3 stars just because I enjoy thrilling stories where we don't waste time with long descriptions and t
Riad Mawas
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING ! Woww !!
Musso always keeps the reader in a shock because he makes him enjoy the story while he is making a thrilling scenario in the end ! I NEVER expected it to happen like that ! Amazing book for an amazing author. It deserves more than 5 stars !
Eslem Ouederni
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ⭐️
Good good book. One of my favorite books of G.Musso.
I never imagined that the story will finish like that.. I have many feels. I can't stop thinking about the story, it's good
Purghy
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A different kind of thriller book with a great ending and deep ending.
Ivi Oltovska
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
loved it
Carina
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anoter Musso, another goodie
Senech
Oct 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
I hate hate hate the end !

During all the book, even though I was less captivating than for his last book (which was by far my favorite !), I liked the suspens and the story grabbed my interest. But I have to admit, after the awesomeness of Demain I was a little disappointed with Central Park.. It was like even if it was full of suspens and unsolved questions, the story had big difficulties to start for me. Even if they were always on the rush, always trying to save their asses, I couldn't be as
Kawtar Morchid
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Amélie Boucher
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm honestly a bit disappointed. I know Guillaume Musso has the reputation of being an incredible author (and I've read some of his books, so I know it's true), so I had pretty high expectations about this.

And while it is true that he is great with words, I couldn't help but be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I was hooked from the very beginning until the very end. But I think the story was a bit far-fetched and the way it unfolded didn't make much sense. I think Musso tried to put too many p
Ayana Yakhni
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
SPEECHLESS !!! OMG I JUST CANT!
WHAT AN AMAZING WONDERFULLY WRITTEN BOOK!
GUILLAUME MUSSO HAS A CINEMATIC STYLE WHICH IT DEFINITELY TAKES YOUR BREATH AWAY!!
This book is full of surprises,mysteries, plot twists, excitement that will all lead to AN UNEXPECTED ENDING !!
I'd give this book 5 stars and + for sure!!
Dino Ngo
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: detective
This novel has an interesting, mysterious and daring plot. I was so attracted and focused on the investigation of the two, with twists and climax. However, I feel the ending and explanation was not persuasive to me. But still an entertaining book that's worth your few hours by the heater in a cold winter day.
Dzenana Brkic
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another interesting book by Musso. Typical style which I have gotten used to and which I like. His books always have some unexpected endings which I can't decide whether I like or not, and that's why I give four stars to most of his books. I enjoyed, the book was relaxing, and I couldn't stop reading.
Marija Andreeva
Aug 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: easy-reads
It's like he writes the same stories just with few changed details and he changes the quotes before each chapter. And he always has this big plot twist which does not even surprises you because you just expect something to happen.
Haifa
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I adored this book , in fact I have been a huge fun of suspens since forever and maybe that's what what caught my eye while reading this book , it is so interessting, and I also loved that tiny little cute story at the end.
Sudad Mubarak
my 5th reading for Musso... I always read for him when i feel bored so a light thriller book might cheer me up...as usual Musso keeps the best to the end and won't let u regret it even if you were at the middle of it.
Rima Ben Hammadi
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caby Van Baarle
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great story, the end brought tears to my eyes...time flew by when I read it.
Daphne
Sep 27, 2020 added it
Shelves: thriller
What a great book! Fast paced, great characters and an awesome story. Did not suspected the ending of the book.
Zubaa Abdulkhaliq
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great dose of thrill & suspense after a loooong time😁 ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Could you please combine those books? 3 12 Dec 20, 2019 01:00PM
روايه جيده 1 5 Jul 30, 2017 06:26PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please change language to french - B00IPK6V7S 3 27 Jan 06, 2016 11:44AM

• في قلبي أنثى عبرية
  • البنت التي لا تحب اسمها
  • أرض زيكولا
  • كريسماس في مكة
  • شيفرة بلال
  • Ta deuxième vie commence quand tu comprends que tu n'en as qu'une
  • Ce qui se passe au Mexique... Reste au Mexique
  • غربة الياسمين
  • Ce qui se passe à Cuba reste à Cuba !
  • Ce qui se passe au congrès... reste au congrès !
  • Daddy-Long-Legs (Daddy-Long-Legs, #1)
  • L'homme qui voulait être heureux
  • أماريتا
  • فاتتني صلاة
  • مميز بالأصفر: مقرر مختصر في العيش بحكمة والاختيار بذكاء
  • وهج البنفسج
  • ساق البامبو
  • Où es-tu ?
One of the most popular authors in France today. From his early childhood with reading books and plays, Guillaume Musso became convinced that one day, he too would write novels. After finishing high school in France, Guillaume Musso left for the United States at the age of 19. He spent several months in New York City, living with other young foreigners and earning his money by selling ice-cream. H ...more

News & Interviews

“Il y a des moments rares dans l’existence où une porte s’ouvre et où la vie vous offre une rencontre que vous n’attendiez plus. Celle de l’être complémentaire qui vous accepte tel que vous êtes, qui vous prend dans votre globalité, qui devine et admet vos contradictions, vos peurs, votre ressentiment, votre colère, le torrent de boue sombre qui coule dans votre tête. Et qui l’apaise. Celui qui vous tend un miroir dans lequel vous n’avez plus peur de vous regarder.” 31 likes
“Il y a des moments dans l’existence où une porte s’ouvre et où votre vie dérape dans la lumière. De rares instants où quelque chose se déverrouille en vous. Vous flottez en apesanteur, vous filez sur une autoroute sans radar. Les choix deviennent limpides, les réponses remplacent les questions, la peur cède la place à l’amour. Il faut avoir connu ces moments. Ils durent rarement.” 11 likes