Start by marking “Engaging the Boss (Heirs of Damon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Engaging the Boss (Heirs of Damon, #3)

Engaging the Boss

(Heirs of Damon #3)

For years, Jonathan Damon has buried himself in his scientific research, but now his uncle threatens to pull the funding for his lab unless Jonathan makes strides toward marriage and family. So he decides to bring a fake fiancee to his cousin's wedding to mollify his uncle. And the only convenient candidate for this particular experiment is Sarah.

Sarah has been Jonathan's
Published March 15th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Engaging the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Engaging the Boss

Start your review of Engaging the Boss (Heirs of Damon, #3)
Coco.V
May 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (5/12/2019)! 🎁
Nareh
This was a nice, cute read. It features Sarah and Jonathan. Jonathan's uncle has funded their research lab for years but now thinks that Jonathan focuses too much on research rather than finding that one person who completes him. Sarah is Jonathan's assistant and has been for years. She has always appreciated the things that Jonathan does to show he cares. She understands Jonathan more than any other person because she has spent late hours working next to him in the lab. When Jonathan confides i ...more
Maheswari
May 21, 2020 rated it liked it
2,5 stars Awkward

Many scene in this book just awkward
I can’t name them one by one but if you passed 30 - 40 % chapter you will survived

This kind of big family with money and after years no contact they get together and seems fine and finally get a long very well

The story on main character itself pretty basic between boss and assistant, while the h has been living with her secret love towards him for years - H has no clue at all
H is just pretty clueless of everything

The big Awkward moment f
Aman
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Reviewed @ Enticed by Books

I’m not going to mention the word “slump” at all in this review because in this case, it was the book, not me! Engaging the Boss promised a story that couldn’t have been more perfect for me. A nerdy scientist born in a filthy rich family who needs to pretend to be engaged to his assistant for a week to please his darling (stubborn old nosy man!) uncle. (A) The guy was a doctor! Smart, hot and very polite, although too polite and quite at times. (B) They couple had to p
Liz
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Apparently there are other books in this series about the Damon family, which I'm not sure I'll read. The most intriguing of the cousins may be Ben, but that book's not out yet.

This is a story of how a PhD lab assistant falls in love with her boss... and everyone knows it but the boss. He's from the wealthy Damon family and he's getting pressure from the uncle who was his guardian after his parents died to get married, etc. They come up with a scheme with her as the fake fiancé for a family wedd
Sincere
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

Jonathan Demon is scientist.He's also gorgeous geek guy and one in the heirs of Damon.His uncle (whose I forgot his name) threatens to pull funding for his lab if Jonathan doesn't settle down...
Jonathan can't let that happened
So Sarah ,Jonathan's assistant, steps in and suggest that she could be fake fiancé for him.Sarah love her boss and she knows this's wrong.
anyway she wants to help him.

But after spend a week together, will this fake thing end or turn to be real?

4.25 stars.

what I don't like
namericanwordcat
This was an enjoyable read. A heroine who has had a crush on her clueless genius boss and then a pretend engagement is fun stuff. The hero is a bit emotionially stunted. There are places in which this work in the story and other places in which it makes him unattractive as he makes strange assumptions about his family.

There are nice details of a childhood game and a secret garden.

I will keep reading the writer although she has yet to find her full stride with me, I am always intrigued.
Beanimous
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet fast read. Noelle Adams is the author I will always go to for comfort reads. And she have never failed to deliver.

I like the flawed but lovable hero, I like the strong heroine, I like the cute dialogue and also like the unconventional refreshing relationship the couple had.

Well done.
Misty
Found this lurking in my overdrive account, and though I'm pretty sure I've read it before, it came in handy recently, when I was too lazy to get out of bed and find a book, and nothing else on my phone would load.
It's pretty standard fare for Noelle Adams, and more likable and developed than some of her quicker series -- and as absolutely unrealistic as one could possibly hope in a romance about a geeky, inexplicably hot billionaire...
Lorka
Dec 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so yes, the hero was a quiet, not really into communication type of guy. It was frustrating, especially since the heroine was also lacking in communication skills at times.

But what bothered me the most, that this was the least romantic fake engagement story I've ever read. They wasted so many opportunities to pretend to be engaged and try to fool the hero's family members. They could have attempted hugging, kissing, staying close to each other at parties, or paying any attention to each oth
Alison
I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Noelle Adams' books, they feel a bit old school romance to me (the heroines typically are virgins, or as good as, and the heroes are wealthy beyond your wildest dreams alphas) and they can be a little too sickly sweet for my liking. But free is free so I downloaded this onto my Kindle and started reading it last night.

Jonathan Damon is a scientist in Iceland and his lab is funded by his uncle Cyrus. His uncle wants all his nephews to find love and st
Palabasalibro
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
"If she were ever in the position to give advice to other women, the first thing she would tell them was never fall in love with your boss. It was a hopeless, never-ending form of torture - to have the object of your affection always right there in front of you but never actually be able to claim him."

From the synopsis, I was already excited to read it.
For one, he is a billionaire.
Then the pretend to be engaged part.
And a bonus = He is her boss!

To be honest, this was the first book in the ser
Kelly
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
I read one Noelle Adams novels some time ago and enjoyed it immensely, so every time I have stumbled across one of her books I have downloaded it to my kindle and started it almost straight away. "Engaging the Boss" was a standard, slightly underdeveloped romance, which kind of grated on me throughout reading.

Sarah was just too perfect, dropping everything and being fabulous and looking amazing and being a friend to all. Like a Disney princess. Jonathan on the other hand was so absent that he d
Super*BETA*Reader
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Once again, Noelle Adams has written a sweet, feel-good romance. It's an ideal book to read when you want a low-drama, happily-ever-after. I really liked the hero Jonathan. He wasn't this typical Alpha male, in fact he was actually a rather awkward intellectual. Jonathan never knows what to say, and feels very uncomfortable in social situations, but his awkward interactions were totally endearing.

Sarah was sweet, and seemed to genuinely care for the people around her. She wanted everybody to be
Roub
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this one was very special ! and deep! i was grabbed right from the start, when these two geeks are working in the lab and sarah is really like lab equipment to jonathan, you know. he does not notice her attractiveness. the man took his time. he was a geek after all and was not your usual womanizer. he lacked finesse wid women. i liked sarah's outward and direct manner. she was a geek too, and did not realise she was beautiful. she had a big inferiority complex and had a chip the size of mammoth ...more
Kelsy
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one! I wish I could give it a 4.5. For a contemporary romance, this was top of its game. I think there were a few parts that were slightly rushed, probably due to the length of the book, but overall it was fantastic. I loved the oblivious, hyper-focused male lead and the family dynamics with his uncle and cousins. I tend not to read contemporary romances, because I find that either I'm too critical of the genre or I just don't enjoy them for some reason, but this one comple ...more
D Call
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely story

Jonathan's and Sarah's story was a fun one to read. I appreciate that the story was told with a lot of dialogue, rather than with internal thinking. I loved the secret garden!

Stand alone HEA, with hints of other books. I hope there's a story about Uncle Cyrus, or at least some resolution with him and his nephews.

Contains sex scenes, few swear words, and no violence.
Michele Ahmed
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes family drama & contemporary romances
Recommended to Michele by: Noelle Adams is one of my favorite authors......reading all of her stories.
Another great addition to the Damon family story. Jonathan is a sad, complex guy who needed one person to understand him. She understood him better than anyone. Its an interesting journey watching them get together and bonding with his family. There's another hard fought HEA but worth the trip. Noelle Adams dud it again. Looking forward to Ben's story. ...more
Rebecca
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
4,5/5
I really need to start sleeping at night instead of reading whole books!
I absolutely loved this story! This is one of my favourites by Noelle Adams :D The characters are great and very relatable, the storyline is amazing and the character development is very realistic!
Tropical Sorbet
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Curious to see if Ben gets his own book and what happens with Uncle Gordon and Jonathan.
Sometime
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Great romantic story but the H was just a bit too unemotional and almost robotic. Hard to get any warm fuzziness from a romance with that.
Terri Jones
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This ebook is free, which is part of why I read the blurb and then the esample. I liked it enough to give it a shot, and now I enjoyed it four stars; above average, below fantastic.

Above average:
Very often I don't like enough about a heroine, but Sarah's very good, if more forgiving than I am. Her deep understanding of her boss over years working with him made sense to me, as does her admiration for his work ethic and her delight that he wordlessly makes things nicer for her as they work. Jona
Maree Repa
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Amazing Stars

Overheard

I was absolutely thrilled to read three, Heirs of Damon. Another fantastic romance written by on of my complete favourite writers, Noelle Adams. I completely enjoyed the wonderful romantic tale so dearly.

Sarah Stratford was listening into her Boss’s conversation and heard the chance that their lab would close and shut. This shocked and upset her as both herself, her boss, Johnathan Damon were working on special Scientific projections of the future. Johnathon Damon was
Michele Ponder
The story was just "ok". It kinda read like a middle-schooler read. The usual neither man/woman character is speaking what they're thinking or feeling so they keep acting like ridiculous 12 year olds. I found myself rolling my eyes way too many times while reading this story. This is not for intelligent people as they will get frustrated quickly with the 2 main characters and their immature natures, which in all fairness could be because the author has opted to portray them as totally inadequate ...more
Annette Sullivan
Nice story, but

I was enjoying the story very much, thought the main male character may have been somewhere on the autism spectrum, though it was never hinted at, he was a little different though. It has a nice easy storyline and as I said I was enjoying it until the open bedroom scene. Yeah I won’t be reading anymore of this authours work. Explicit sex scenes just aren’t necessary, I feel they are in books because the authour can’t express deep emotions any other way but porographically.
Katherine
⭐3 Stars-Average (It was good but nothing to brag about),

Dual POV; Standalone; 17+readers; HEA;

To put it honestly, the plot and story line were good but I just couldn't connect with the characters until the very end. The hero came across like a dork at times but really hot at others and it confused me. His personality was not the best but towards the end I could understand why he was the way he was, but I still feel like he could have been written differently and still gotten the point across. T
Cait M
Dec 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty standard storyline about a dedicated assistant who has an unrequited crush on her boss who is completely clueless about her. Cue the need for a fake fiancee to secure funding for their lab, and watch the sparks fly!

The heroine is kind of an 'everywoman' not overtly beautiful but she's got some curves and cleans up nice. The hero is a hot, rumpled professor type who is super focused on his job and is a terrible communicator.

It all works out for a HEA. A quick, sweet holiday read.

This book
Rosemary Hughes
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some people are very good at expressing their emotions, whilst others have a hard time with words, so they try to have their actions speak for them.
Unfortunately, actions don't always say what the other person wants to hear or understand. They can be misunderstood or overlooked.
So, this is a story about a man who was brilliant, academically, but very poor in personal relationships. Put on the spot, his words failed him, although his positive actions did show his caring heart.
It's a story you ne
Sharon
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting story

A little different from the run of the mill romances however at times it became a little tedious. The hero/heroine Jonathan and Sara are well defined and I found them believable but the dialogue or lack thereof became tiresome. The surrounding characters at times were more interesting such as Gordon the Butler and Uncle Claude but their roles were limited. This gets 3.5 Stars from me and I recommend you read it for yourself and make up your own minds.
Stephanie Bolen
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: got-it
It was really stinking cute

I get the whole "happy" family thing. I mean who are you kidding. He was adorable like a less annoying Sheldon. And she was awesome but the down on yourself from both of them was repetitive and off putting. I get that it was supposed to make them relatable and flawed. But just once I'd love a character who knows they are awesome--not in a self deluded way rather they know their own worth.

• Her Sweetheart Brand (Secrets of Cherry Lake #3)
  • His Best Mistake (The Maclean Family Legacy Book 1)
  • Once a Wife (A Mother's Heart #2)
  • Playing with You (Riding Tall, #5)
  • Love and Leprechauns (Ballybeg, #3)
  • Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
  • Some Girls Lie (Outback Heat, #4)
  • The Redemption Duet (Redemption, #0.5-2)
  • Winning His Heart (Marietta St. Claire's, #2)
  • Brody's Redemption (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Maggie's Run (Outback Brides, #1)
  • Her Forever Cowboy (West Coast Happily-Ever-After Book 1)
  • Coming Home (Texas Sisters, #2)
  • He Loves Me Not (Taboo Wedding, #1)
  • Bedding the Bachelors Boxed Set - Books 1-3
  • Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)
  • Taking a Chance on Love (The Youngers, #2)
  • A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek)
See top shelves…
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many yea

Heirs of Damon (4 books)
  • Seducing the Enemy (Heirs of Damon, #1)
  • Playing the Playboy (Heirs of Damon, #2)
  • Stripping the Billionaire (Heirs of Damon, #4)