Start by marking “The Apocalypse Survivors (The Undead World #2)” as Want to Read:
The Apocalypse Survivors (The Undead World #2)

The Apocalypse Survivors

(The Undead World #2)

This is not an uplifting tale of heroes and heroines. Get that out of your head now. It's a tale of survival. It’s a tale of dried blood beneath your nails, of new pain, of gnawing hunger and unrelenting loneliness, of fear and hatred, and yes, of courage.
In The Apocalypse, the great majority of the men and women who fought with honor, with a sense of duty and loyalty, g
Published March 14th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Apocalypse Survivors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Apocalypse Survivors

Start your review of The Apocalypse Survivors (The Undead World #2)
Peter Meredith
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Someone who rates their own books is clearly demonstrating some sort of abnormality, or sick aberration, or mental deviance akin to mirror gazing or singing in the shower, or by God, eating Hot Pockets! Please someone stop me before I rate again!
For those who care: the strings of fate of my main characters are wound together nicely into a sweet bow...a sweet bloody red bow. How nice.
Igor Boyko
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The suspense throughout the book is excellent. All of the characters have their strengths and weaknesses. Human overall selfish nature is presented well here. There are some unexpected selfless characters which should redeem the author in the eyes of politically-correct police. Cassie is in this book again and she makes a very chilling yet realistic antagonist.

Just like everyone else, my favorite thing about this book is Jillybean and her "imaginary friend(s)". I found it especially intriguing
Ginger Whitney
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am totally absorbed in this series. I have read many books about the zombies, but these are absolutely the best. I love there is more books to go, thank heavens! I hate it when I am really into a series and it ends too quick. I love the idea of After the Apocalypse, there is more! Thank you Peter Meredith!!!!!!!!! After I am done with this series, sad day for me, I will be looking at your other books.h

See abovementioned, I wrote my review I the heading instead of here. I love these books.
Karen Mccollin
I am in love with this series a great read
Chris Torretta
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow... just... This book! Put your seat-belt on prior to reading, you're going to need it!

Full audio review coming soon!

Received by author, through audiobookreviewer.com, in exchange for an honest review.
Staci Fernandes
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment

Love the characters in this series. Some storylines got wrapped up which was nice. Lost some. All in all a very enjoyable read.

Leather
Aug 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I liked the psychological construction of the characters in the first part.
But I did not hang at all in this sequel: construction with multiple points of view, permanent emotional blackmail, huge coincidences: I was bored from the beginning to the end.
Briantoine Westmoreland
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another good read

Another great read. The author pulls at your heartstrings and your brain with this one. The whole time I was on the edge of my seat. You see alot of character growth in this one.
BookLoversLife
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked book one and dived into this straight away, well I'm glad to say that it was even better than the first!

There are a lot of different characters, and while all are well written and developed, my favourite by far is Jillybean. She absolutely rocks for a little girl!!! So brave and smart and along with her Zebra, Ipes, she was fantastic.

So much happens in this that it's a story that needs to be savoured. Each of the original characters have their own tough time, but add in some new
Michael Kelly
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
After the mind-numbing emptiness of the first novel I foolishly decided to pick up the second. Here the author's (or monkeys' banging on keyboards) use of foreshadowing cleaves the reader's skull with razor sharp obviousness. The characters continue their development-free trudge through increasingly ridiculous apocalyptic scenarios, oblivious to the anguish their antics elicit in the reader.

Worst of all is the completely nonsensical motivation of Cassie the "angry, racist black woman" and key v
samantha williams
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful characters

With the exception of the Walking dead graphic novels,I have not cried this much reading zombie fiction. It is an extremely great story with wonderful characters...Which is why I caution you. Don't get too attached. And I 'll
tell you something else ,I typically don't read zombie fiction if it has a focus on kids in any way. IMO,that's a world I prefer not have children in. So as soon as I discovered Jillybean,I almost stopped reading. I'm glad I didn't,because she is remarka
Jennifer Disario
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first installment in the series and couldn't wait to start on this... it hasn't disappointed! As with the first book it follows along with the characters but this book has an added reason to capture you, Jillybean. Jill is a 6 and three quarters year old that somehow has managed to survive these months through the apocalypse with only her stuffed zebra Ipes there to guide her. Although Ipes is quite the amazing zebra! He is very smart and won't hesitate to tell you! This book was suc ...more
Kylee Dyer
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Where book one left off Survivors rushes right in with the same fast tempo and great characters. Added to this is Jillybean and her zebra Ipes—two of the most enjoyable characters that you will find in any zombie book. They are a breath of fresh air and steal every scene. Though Survivors isn’t all happiness and light. It’s dramatic and breathtaking and edge of your seat fun. I can easily imagine this being made into a movie—especially the end—let’s just say the Kraken has nothing on Ipes.
Penny Porter
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CONTAINS SPOILERS. I loved this book. Big fan of the genre but really really loved Jillybean and Ipes the zebra, who were so original and joyful to spend time with. Great characters and a real credit to the author for both creating them and giving them life and purpose in post-apocalyptic America where humans become the unpredictable threat. (Spoiler alert) - I know it comes with the territory and I should have learnt my lesson with T Dog and Merle, but I didn't want that to happen to Ram. ...more
Pauline
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Melody Steenbergh
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story and with that starting the next one, I just have to find out what will happen.
Karl  Rundel
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again surprised that I enjoying the zombie genre. This time the crew is looking to simply catch a break. It doesn't happen. Peter Meredith keeps you on edge with adventure for each of his old characters and a delightful new one: Jillybean. She's actually two characters in one and both are fantastic. ...more
Brian K. Battles
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jillybean - A hero for the ages

She might be a pint sized genius even ifshe talks to a stuffed zebra. She kicks a$$ and takes names
Corinne Marshall
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic story. Through all the tears , nail-biting and hold your breath moments you are well and truly hooked ! Onto the next.
Kathy Ann'tie
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am LOVING this series, it is an entertaining, frightening, emotional rollercoaster of a read
Matthew Miller
Nov 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Yeah, the racism is still there (spoilers)

Also don't look for any sense of vindication or satisfaction in the final downfall of the main antagonist; it's a common theme with the books of the author that I have read so far. You get maybe one or two paragraphs on their final demise, then immediately moves on. There is no catharsis or sense of the good guys winning, whereas the bad guys get page after page on their thoughts and feelings and wickedness and torturing of innocents. It is incredibly lo
Sharon
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 1st book was really a good read. The second book was even better. These books are brutal in content , nothing feel good about them so as long as you are ok with that they are definate page turners. The character development is excellent, you grow to either love or despise then. I partcularly love Ram and Jillybean. Sadie and Neil are a mismatched pair but the fatner daughter bond is strong.
If you like the Living Dead you will love these books. Try not to get attached to any one character tho
Cagne

It's surprising how the lack of a shitty and selfish warning at the beginning of a book can let the reader enjoy the work (although, duh).

Jillybean was an interesting choice for a new character, with her coping mechanism evolving to a fragmented personality.

For a brief period I welcomed more backgroud information on Cassie, the empty villain from the first book, but it was a non-starter paragraph.

At a certain point, Ipes and Neil's voices started feeling like the same, that took me out of it a b

Rebekah
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting

I've read reviews, hateful ones, perhaps guilt ridden by their own prejudices, about how racist this series is... It is. Yet, its realistic scenarios you would really see in a post apocalyptic world. I mean, really, it's 2020. If you haven't noticed, this year is on par. So buckle up, you're in for an awesome journey. Be it culture, gore, violence, or psychological, this book series will ensnare you to read as if you were a ravenous Texan attacking a bowl of BlueBell ice cream.
Claire
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put it down!

I am a 63-year-old woman who loves zombie books! This is a great Series.! I can’t wait to read the next one. This author reminds me some what of Stephen King. King makes his characters seem so down to earth and appealing and then kills them off! Meredith has done the same thing. He makes you root for the characters, and you don’t know which ones are going to make it. No! Please not Jillybean!!
J.L. Perrigo
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another riveting apocalypse tale from Meredith

Peter Meredith catches you at page one and doesn't let up. Anyone that has read the first book should continue with this one. The character development is on par. My case in point little Jilly. You can do that and pull it off deserves five stars in my book. If you happen upon this one first. I recommend going to book one. But please give this book a shot. You will not be disappointed.
Mary
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So if the amount of tissues were ratings I would give this a 3 boxes of tissues rating! This book we are introduced to a 6 year old girl named Jillybean thats been surviving the zompoc on her own and she has magic marbles and her best friend Ipes a stuffed zebra. Mr Meredith makes us fall in love with this little girl. His writing of this character is so awesome. I really am loving this series so far!
Jason Reed
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Peter Meredith does a find job developing characters and advancing a narrative. Sadly, those well-developed characters, even if they start-out as unrelatable and unlikable, do eventually grow on you. And when they do, that seems the perfect time for them to leave the story... and it made me sad at the end of this book.

I don't know what is yet to come, but my fingers are crossed that it doesn't include the heartache that came with the end of this book.
Megan Murphy
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg

Not in a long time has a book gotten me so intertwined with the characters that I had to stop reading just to get my own emotions back in check !!! This book will take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions and it just never stops !!! I am so looking forward to reading the next one !!!!!n
Katherine Lambdin
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very Addictive

I found this book very hard to put down. It kept me interested the whole time. The characters are well developed and the author does a great job at describing everything so vividly. My only problem, was that I feel like he could’ve explained what happened at the cdc better, or maybe I accidentally skipped that part. Either way, I will be reading the next book!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Zombies!: Are you a survivor? 1 13 Apr 22, 2014 09:25AM

• Protecting Our Home
  • EMP Ranch
  • Wind Shear (Storm's Fury #2)
  • Dead Eye Hunt (Dead Eye Hunt #1)
  • Storm Cloud (Storm's Fury #5)
  • The Dark Winter
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • EMP Shelter In Place
  • Tales of the Forgotten (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #2)
  • The Snow
  • Unprepared (The Scourge #1)
  • Chaos Rising (Edge of Collapse #0.5)
  • Home Fires (Fire from the Sky #5)
  • These Times of Abandon (Abandon #1)
  • The Numbing (Whiteout Book 3)
  • The City of Light (Whiteout Book 4)
  • The First 30 Days: A Zombie Apocalypse Novel
  • The Alpha Plague #1-8
Peter Meredith is the multi-genre author of an author of 35 novels in a variety of genres: Horror, zombies, post-apocalypse and Fantasy. Some of his creative work includes The Trilogy of Void, The Hidden Lands series, The Sacrificial Daughter, A Perfect America, Sprite and The Apocalypse Undead World.
Having tried his hand in real estate, as an emergency room nurse, and a CEO of a national lighting

The Undead World (10 books)
  • The Apocalypse (The Undead World #1)
  • The Apocalypse Outcasts (The Undead World #3)
  • The Apocalypse Fugitives (The Undead World #4)
  • The Apocalypse Renegades (The Undead World #5)
  • The Apocalypse Exile (The Undead World #6)
  • The Apocalypse War (The Undead World #7)
  • The Apocalypse Executioner (The Undead World #8)
  • The Apocalypse Revenge (The Undead World, #9)
  • The Apocalypse Sacrifice (The Undead World #10)