Start by marking “Hearten (Bayou Bear Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hearten (Bayou Bear Chronicles, #2)

Hearten

(Bayou Bear Chronicles #2)

Determined to be the best Beta he can, Rev has made sure to keep his distance from Martha, the female he knows to be his mate. He’s not sure he even knows how to be a decent mate to her.

All that changes when the Alpha and the Coeur conspire to make sure that Martha and Rev both face what they’ve known to be true for so long.

One look is all it takes,
Published (first published July 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hearten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearten

Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
There’s no desire greater in me than to have you be content. Your needs before mine. Your heart with mine. Your happiness above mine. Your life tied to mine for all eternity. The creed is as old as our clan.

From the moment that Martha was a wee little cub, it was instilled in her that the mate claim was a beautiful moment. A time of love and devotion. It was a moment that time stood still and everyone and everything fell away except you and your mate. But that isn't what she got.
Genieinachanelbottle
Hearten is One of the most beautifully crafted love stories I've ever read emotional wickedly funny full of epic adventure sassy sweet banter and delicious swoon worthy romance!!! I devoured it in one night nothing could tear me away The Bayou Bear Chronicles are dangerously addictive chocolate in book form I can't get enough of this series! U will totally fall in love with Rev & Martha the chemistry between them absolutely Sizzles!

2 of my fave quotes

"Can I kiss you love? Her eyes widened
Ashley Ulsch
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hearten is the sequel to Burden in the Bayou Bear Chronicles. The Main characters are Rev and Martha who are the besties of the Alpha male and female in their bear shifter clan ( they are the Betas of the clan). I absolutely loved this story. There was a lot of description of the actual shifting they make from human for into black bears. I loved the romance between Rev and Martha. It was very realistic in the sense that each one had their doubts about their love and their relationship, which any ...more
Jaime Rodriguez
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully Written

Hearten is the second book in the Bayou Bear Chronicles. I absolutely love this book. This is the story Rev and Martha. Although they have a rocky start to this relationship it is beautiful. Lila is an amazing story teller. She has this uncertainty ability to make you feel like you are right there is the middle of the Louisiana swamp. If think you don't usually like or read shifter books, give this series a try. It's awesome. So get busy, the bears and swamp await.
Sherry Bayless
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hearten is the second book in Lila Felix's Bayou Bear Chronicles. I fell in love with this series in the first paragraph of the first book. Hearten tells the story of Rev and Martha and OMG do they sizzle! I loved the tension and angst between the two characters. Their passion was sweet and undeniable.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves paranormal/shifter romance or would like to give it a try! It's an amazing series and book two did not disappoint!
Tate
love the book!!

love the characters!!!!

love the story!!!!

only.....

RIVER!!!

image:

can not wait for the next book!!!
My2CentsBookReviews
A shifter romance with some grit-A great romance for newly engaged or the starry eyed Honeymooner.

The independent with some sass and the Alpha mates wife best friend. So was perfect s good ear, good listener and a independent n self sufficient giving member of the clan. Rev the clan historians and hermit has been pulled into the clan a Beta leader for the Alpha. No more being removed. A trick and Martha n Rev meet and can no longer fight their need to be one. The best part realizing you selfness ac
Kate Callen
Not as good as the first in the series, but sweet

This one falls far more into stereotyping, but moves the greater story along. A bit pushing of particular morals, too.
Krystal gaston
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was good but I skipped over some parts mainly because they got too wordy with their inner thoughts and confessions of love.
Lisa Book Shelf
Martha

Book 2 - Rev & Martha. Martha is a writer and wants a mate but is Rev what the Creator sent. Interesting 2nd book and love readymade about these bears.
Dawn Strickland
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Hearten**
Hearten draws us further into the world of a clan of bear shifters. Once again, Lila Felix ensnares her readers with strong, complex and endearing characters. This story revolves around Rev and Martha; and despite their obvious differences they are fated mates.
Rev grew up isolated from much of his clan. He is a hard worker and the clan’s historian. He is a traditionalist in regards to clan rituals and relationships. He was chosen by Hawke, the Alpha, as beta to the clan and he
Kelly
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not lying or being over dramatic when I tell y'all I had a horrible time getting this review out!!! I loved this book so very much, I was honestly afraid I'd never give it the justice it truly deserves!! There was so much to love about this book!! The bond between each character, the drive these people had to protect those they love the most and of course the all consuming romance!! *Sigh* Like the true artist she is, Lila had no problems mixing all of these elements into perfection I have c ...more
Nancy Byers
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hearten

Hearten will steal your heart. I know because it stole mine.

This is the first paranormal romance I have read by Lila Felix and I couldn’t put it down. The humor, romance, tension between characters and the awkwardness of new love made for an amazing read. You will not want to be it down and honestly if there was ever a book worthy of a book hangover this is it. The romance you will see between Martha and Rev is tender and sweet but Lila Felix lets the awkward and the unsure
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This Story Hearten follows the story of Rev and Martha, two very different personalities that learn to combine each others life into one together. The Mate claim was not something they didn't feel already before they looked into each others eyes, paying close attention to each other well before the claim happened. This mate claim didn't go without its problems of conflicting personalities and old traditions but in the end they knew what was important..

This story brings the characters from the f
Lynette
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book two of the Bayou Bear Chronicles. I really enjoyed this book. It was a fast read. The only downside was it seemed to end rather abruptly.
Margie Marg
Driven story

This is a good story and good writing. The author develops the story well and doesn't beat around the bush with pushing the plot forward with events. That I liked a lot.

I personally didn't enjoy the constant God references and illusions of "it's just that way because of the Creator" notions, but to each their own. Personally, I would have enjoyed more of an explanation to events and the way that character is processing the "it's just that way" event. That way there would be more
James
May 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
An okay read. This books was pretty much what I was expecting based on the first one in this series - great concept and cool characters but not enough of a storyline and deep connections to the characters to really make it a great book. I did enjoy seeing characters from the first book again and I'm glad I read Martha and Rev's story. I just wish it was written a bit better and that the storyline was more developed. One thing I did really like was how this was an insta-love story for paranormal ...more
Delphina
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I had been wanting this book from the second I finished book one in this series. I LOVE Rev and was very disappointed to find out he did not end up with me. Seriously, I loved the love story between he and Martha. They were both faulty and at times I wanted to reach in my book and shake some sense into them as I saw them going them make silly choices. They really were made for each other and watching them combine their lives without giving up who they were was such a joy. Lila has really nailed ...more
Casey Bond
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***I was a beta-reader for Hearten*** (LUCKY ME!)

Lila Felix has long been one of my "go to" authors. I basically read anything and everything she writes. When she came out with a bear shifter book, I was a little scared to be honest! I'd never read shifter books at all. But in true Felix fashion, she changed my mind.

Jackie -Sated Faery
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great sequel! Although the Alpha & the Coeur will always be my favorite couple, Martha & Rev have found their way into my heart. They are such a real couple – meaning that sometimes they seriously drive each other crazy!! But no matter how different they are, there’s no way they can be happy without each other. I just love how much they fight against their destiny, even though they know they can’t win. The one thing they both definitely have in common is how stubborn they are! It’ ...more
Lolita Nettles
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another knockout

I love Martha and Rev!
The dynamics of these two very independent bears is wonderfully brought to their knees as they accept what has been all along. That they are mates and a gift from above to each other. If they can just get over themselves long enough to to keep their foot out their mouths! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait for Mrs Lila to finish up Tarrow's story. I find I have quickly become hooked after reading book 1 yesterday and this(book2) today!
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This is the second book in the Bayou Bear series. The main characters are Martha and Rev who had known they were mates for awhile but were set in their ways and didn't want to change. With a little push from the Alpha and his female they finally saw each other.

Rev is such a sweetheart and was willing to do anything to make her happy...even walk away...they were both loners and had to figure out how to make it work together.

These two made my heart swell up with love. They are so grea
Kristen
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jana LaPelle
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it...

The second book in The Bayou Bear Chronicles is fun and enticing. I find that I like Rev more than the alpha Hawk from the the first book. The only problem I had with the storyline was I wanted a little more depth in character development. I'm definitely moving on to book three to see where this goes.
Jenny
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great series! I just love the story, the are such lovable characters. This book is full of heart and soul. While reading, it'll make you laugh, cry and cheer for these characters. This book is Rev and Martha's story. I just love how the series will focus on a different set of characters as the main ones. So refreshing!
Rochelle
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Another fantastic book. I loved it from start to finish, loved the characters and the storyline and the fact it's a little different to some of the other shifter books out there. I also enjoyed that the characters didn't just fall into bed and the author has inspired you to use your imagination, which is quiet refreshing. It is definately worth reading. So now i'm very excited to read book 3!
Kayla
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the back and forth of these characters! Rev and Martha are great together once they finally come to realize that they can work as long as they both compromise. I was so sad by the death in the clan! Oh gracious! And I can't wait for Tarrow & the Cinnamon's story!
Ⓐⓢⓗⓛⓔⓨ
The book was just a whole lot of nothing. Not a lot happened. It was sweet but boring most of the book and the ending was disappointing. I like the idea of this book series and it is interesting it's just not well executed. 3.5 stars.
Debbie
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I've said before that I don't normally like shifter books but I do love this series! I didn't think Hawke and Echo's story could be topped, yet Rev and Martha's story did it! I love the angst between Rev and Martha. Love the series so far!!
Taylor Knight
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been hooked on the Bayou Bears since Burden came out, & I instantly one-clicked Hearten.
Once again Lila Felix hasn't let me down. The love story between Martha and Rev couldn't have been anymore sweetly aggravating. Lol! Definitely 5 star read for me, now if only Spring will hurry up!!!

• Of Darkness and Light (Shadow of the Nephilim, #1)
  • Obtained (Obtained, #1)
  • The Keeper
  • In Embers (Ember, #3)
  • A Higher Calling
  • Vampire Awakening
  • Dark Season: The Complete Second Series
  • Becoming (Lynnie Russell Trilogy #1)
  • Destiny Awaits (Juniper Grove Chronicles #1)
  • The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers, #1)
  • The Many Lives of Avery Snow (The Past Lives, #1)
  • Lies in Blood (Dark Secrets, #4)
  • Fire Storm (S.P.I.R.I.T., #1)
  • The Gates (Resistance, #2)
  • Christmas in Wine Country
  • Cliff of the Ruin
  • The Santa Society
  • Hellhound: Dogs of War (Hellhound, #2)
Lila Felix is full of antics and stories. She refused to go to Kindergarten after the teacher made her take a nap on the first day of school. She staged her first protest in middle school. She almost flunked out of her first semester at Pepperdine University because she was enthralled with their library and frequently was locked in. Now her husband and three children have to put up with her rebel ...more

Bayou Bear Chronicles (3 books)
  • Burden (Bayou Bear Chronicles, #1)
  • Engraven (Bayou Bear Chronicles, #3)