Start by marking “Coming in Hot (SEAL EXtreme Team, #1)” as Want to Read:
Coming in Hot (SEAL EXtreme Team, #1)

Coming in Hot

(SEAL EXtreme Team #1)

COMING IN HOT (SEAL EXtreme Team, Book 1)
by Kimberley Troutte

Take control…

When militant Colombian guerrillas kidnap her clients, EXtreme Adventures travel agent Jenna Collins will do anything to rescue them…including hiring the Navy SEAL she’s struggled to forget. Mack may take orders from her father, but Jenna’s determined to convince the sexy SEAL to work with her. And t
Published April 22nd 2014 by Kimberley Troutte

To ask other readers questions about Coming in Hot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming in Hot

Gail Newbold
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I would like to say that I actually liked this story, what I didn't like was Jenna. The main female character.
Every single time she did or said something contrary to what Mack asked or wanted, I felt the need to strangle her or, at the very least, slap the shit out of her. My exact response whenever she contradicted orders was, "Bitch, he's a SEAL. YOU HIRED HIM FOR THIS VERY REASON." Every time she was argumentative, like she knew better, I said, "Bitch, he's a SEAL". My whole point was...he wa
Rhiannon Overby
Jun 02, 2014 rated it liked it
This one was a hard book for me to rate. I loved the story line and thought that it had a lot of promise. However Jenna (the main female character) drove me a little nuts; she was all over the place and did only what she wanted to do (which was often opposite of what Mack told her to). I also hated how the author constantly reminded us that she was an admirals daughter.

With that being said, the story itself was good enough that I wasn't willing to not finish the story.
Jo-Anne
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Jenna works for a travel agency called eXtreme Adventures that puts together unusual vacations for wealthy people. While on one of these vacations, one of her clients and his family gets kidnapped in South America so Jenna calls Navy SEAL Mack Riley to rescue them. She didn't want to call him because he was her ex and he didn't want to agree to the mission because he was her ex. But they both tried to put the past behind them and find the clients.

I had mixed feelings about the characters. The SE
Books and Spoons
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
The action is fierce, bloody and brutal. It made my heart beat faster, and bite my nails. It's non-stop once it starts, the situations are not getting better, or more peaceful, quite the opposite. There's no safe place to be found, no one is beyond the danger zone. Absolutely hair-raising situation after another.
The team of SEALs, hired by Jenna, are true brothers. They banter, joke and play when they can. But they are also prepared to protect each other no matter what, have each others back, an
Audrey
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I didn't like the main female character Jenna.
Too argumentative, I can understand the need to be in control, but when a situation get completely deathly and you have professinal hired guys, whose jobs are to do what she has hired them for, putting you in front and interject each time, it's ridiculous and even idiotic.
She was like waving a big flag in the middle of the jungle to be seen.

Otherwise the team was nice and funny, some moment in my opinion where a bit discurisve. When they were wainti
MsArdychan
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read an advanced copy of Coming in Hot so I could write a review. Jenna runs a travel agency called eXtreme Adventures. When a billionaire client and his family are kidnapped in South America, Jenna calls the one man she knows who can handle the rescue: Navy SEAL Mack Riley. There's just one problem. He's her Ex. There's plenty of unfinished business between those two, which makes for some lively, and racy, scenes. The story is suspenseful and has some unexpected twists which keeps the reader ...more
Holly Bargo
TSTL heroine inspires hope that the guerilla terrorists kill her before she gets the rescue team killed

I like the writing, but loathe the so-called heroine. I quit reading at about halfway through because I just couldn't take any more of the idiotic heroine. She is willfully ignorant, stupidly obstinate, foolishly impetuous, and unbearably controlling. In other words, she's too stupid to live. Other than sexual chemistry and blonde good looks, there's nothing attractive about her. Makes me pity
Sherry Haynes
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great SEALS action packed adventure. Suspense??? Most definitely but there has to be when you put five SEALS, one female, guns, Guerrillas, ransom, and a foreign country together. I have to admit though I even laughed at some of the parts. Definitely looking forward to where the next EXtreme adventure will be taking me.

Oh just a heads up that the female lead is a very independent, bossy, and strong person. I loved that about her. It is nice to read a story where a woman is strong and t
Kimberly
Aug 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
I don't write many reviews, but when I give such a low rating (which is also rare) I feel that I should provide reasons for my opinion.
I hated the character of Jenna. She was the most self-centered, pig-headed pain in the butt I have ever seen in a leading lady. She didn't deserve her hero at all. The story was also way too long. After the mission was completed, there was no need for the extra chapters. I thought I'd never reach the end!
Cassey
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Generally enjoyed it...didn't quite care for Jenna.
Cynthia
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Invigorating

She was never going to fall for a Navy guy, because her dad is an Admiral. But falls hard for this SEAL.. But they break up. 18 months later she family in Columbia in trouble. She calls him, he doesn't want to help. The Admiral calls, he goes, but will it work.
kim caldwell
Good combat extraction

I liked the creative writing in a jungle setting trying to save hostages. Just a little unbelievable that they would take a civilian in under this kind of gun power. Guy and girl have an old flame that is rekindled in the middle of guerilla warfare?
Connie Felkins
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

After reading many so-so books I was pleasantly surprised to find this book! This was my first read by Ms Troutte but it will not be my last! Heroines that are truly strong are a huge draw for me and this one did not disappoint!
Lesa Dunbar
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read.

This book is packed with action, passion and suspense a total thrill ride.I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a romance or a suspense.
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
(I received this book for free as part of Goodreads First Reads giveaways).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I did like the idea behind this book, but although it was a quick, easy read, I couldn't give it four stars.

Mack was an interesting character, but Jenna did irritate me at times. I'm all for a strong heroine, but not one who disregards common sense just to show how independent she is. I felt she didn't understand the potential danger she'd put the other team members in.

I also wasn't too
Diane
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exhilarating!

I love sexy, irreverent, gun toting military men who kick ass and take names while protecting the country the love enough to die fighting for it. This first book in the Extreme SEAL Team series is an awesome start to what promises to be a roller coaster ride of adventure from the first chapter to the heart pounding finish, and I can't wait to see all the guys fall hard and fast in love. Mack, Willy, Ty Charlie and Tavon are a lean, mean, fighting machine, SEAL team that made my hear
Lacey Black
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Every once in a while, I crave high energy, suspenseful action alongside of my romance. This book fit that bill. There were things I really liked about the book - the secondary characters were great. There were things that made me scratch my head. I really liked Mack and Jenna, yet their relationship was different. They hate each other, yet the first thing they do is sleep together. They push each other away, then in the next breath tell the other how much they want them. There were also a few t ...more
Cheryl Sanders
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This author definitely knows how to write her SEAL's!

I love the strong female lead in the story. Jenna Collins was so strong that she didn't know when enough is enough and to let the professionals handle the rescue like they were trying to do. Mack Riley and the rest of SEAL Team Six are AMAZING! Their characters are well developed and the banter between them was fan-freaking-tastic! They each had different charming, sexy personality traits.

AWESOME series! I can't wait to see what's next.

Receive
Ani's  Reviews
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really great book. Lots of details and action. Just my kind of book. Everyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for action and suspense wrapped up in romance.

The moment I started reading this it sucked me in and refussed to let go. I couldn't stop reading, and when I did I had a hard time not thinking about it and what will happen next.

All I have to say that this book had me turned upside down since the first word. There are a few editing mistakes but they are few and far between. Nothing that ca
Diana Reeves
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I enjoyed all the characters who made up the special Seals team. The banter between them showed their closeness in brotherhood and the way they worked together showed their skills as a well tuned team. Great story shows just how extreme life can get on enemy lines. Loved the never ending connection between Mack and Jenna that both tried to deny until seeing each other in danger at the enemies hands.
AlligatorSmith loves to read
In the Seals of Summer anthology/bundle.

Liked the writing and detail. Loved the guys. Too bad the heroine bad to have so many TSTL moments.

I will definitely check out the next book in this series, though, because I did enjoy her writing, the storyline, and the detail she brings to the SEAL life.
Becki
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coming in Hot

This is a good book to read for anyone who likes action, adventure, suspense, and romance rolled into one book. I accidentally read book 2 first, but the books in this series are stand alone reads too. Therefore, reading book 2 first did not hinder my enjoyment of reading book 1 second. I look forward to reading about the other EXtreme team members.
XxTainaxX
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
First time reading this author but most certainly not the last. I really enjoyed her work. She did great with the imagery, plot, and character development. She can sure also write a sexy love scene. This was action packed and the pacing was on point. Mack and Jenna were great MCs and the rest of the team was set up to have their own stories very well. Can't flipping wait!
Stephen Ashley
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Believable Tale Of Adventure

Even in the military, personality matters. Being a team member always comes first, and getting the job done follows closely there after. This story shows how drive and personality matters within a team, combined with their leader falling head over heels in love. A good read!
Sandra
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Locked & Loaded with Typos & Syntax Errors

The plot premise has a lot of promise but the writing is sophomoric and sappy. When the too numerous to mention syntax errors and typos are added to the mix it is a huge disappointment. I'm guessing that no one edited this at all.
Dee
Part of SEALS of Summer: Military Romance Superbundle

Two-haiku review:

Her clients kidnapped
She calls SEAL ex for rescue
Insists she must go

She's kind of pushy
Loved the action-adventure
Nicely done flashbacks
Cheryl
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Found this series by accident when I started reading the Seals of Summer Superbundle. Definitely worth starting the series. Lots of suspense and action with romance thrown in. Seal Extreme Team is a must read series.
Maria
May 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Nice reading and mix of real political and economical debacle in some areas of South America.
Regina Kiddy
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read was Hot

Wow hot hot hot. I couldn't put it down. Loved the suspense. The interaction between the team members was fun and exciting.
Liza
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was in the "Seals of Summer" boxed set.

• A SEAL's Song (SEAL Team Alpha #1; Wet 'n Wild Navy SEALs)
  • SEAL's Embrace (Take No Prisoners, #3)
  • Code of Silence (Seal Team 12, #7.5)
  • Killing Honor (Lucky Thirteen, #1)
  • Fall Out (SEALs Undone, #1)
  • Smoking Hot  (When SEALs Come Home, #2)
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • Close Quarters (Her SEAL Protector, #1)
  • Holding On (Hold Trilogy, #3.5)
  • First Exposure (Aegis, #0.5)
  • Ice (Alaska Heat, #1)
  • A SEAL's Salvation (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #3)
  • Taken by the Alpha Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #0.5)
  • Uniform Desires (Make Mine Military)
  • Protected by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #5)
  • Wild Ride (Changing Gears, #1)
  • Finding Home (Brookfield Series #1)
  • Handle with Care
NY Times and USA Today Bestselling author in romantic suspense. Amazon Top 100 author. Harlequin Desire author.

I'm a Southern California girl, born and raised. I live with my husband, two sons, a wild cat, and a very old snake. I have been an accountant, substitute teacher, caterer, financial analyst for a major defense contractor, real-estate broker, aerobics instructor, freelance writer and care

SEAL EXtreme Team (4 books)
  • Lock and Load (SEAL EXtreme Team, #2)
  • Under the Radar (SEAL EXtreme Team #3)
  • Bring the Heat (SEAL EXtreme Team #4)