Start by marking “I Predict A Riot” as Want to Read:
I Predict A Riot

I Predict A Riot

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Explosive, emotional drama, perfect for fans of Meg Rosoff and Annabel Pitcher.

Welcome to Coronation Road - a kaleidoscope of clashing cultures and parallel lives. There's Maggie and her politician mum in their big house. There's Tokes and his mum in a tiny bedsit, running from trouble. And there's the ruthless Starfish gang, breeding fear through the neighbourhood.

Amateur
Published June 5th 2014 by Egmont

To ask other readers questions about I Predict A Riot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Predict A Riot

Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
I Predict A Riot by Catherine Bruton very quickly became one of my favourite reads of the year so far. It's a very emotional read, very thought-provoking and has some wonderful characters and relationships between them. I really loved reading this book and had tears in my eyes by the end of it.

First off, I loved the structure of the book which is told from the perspective of our main character, Maggie, as she is secretly filming the events of her neighbourhood. The chapters are all based around
Emma
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guest-reviews
Review by Beth

I have had the pleasure of enjoying Bruton’s novels in the past so I Predict a Riot was a welcome surprise and one which I delved into, looking forward to seeing where she took her newest set of characters. It reminded immediately of Feral Youth by Polly Courtney although the characters felt younger and the style perhaps for a slightly younger audience.
I Predict a Riot is more serious than Bruton’s previous novels, although they dealt with pretty serious subject matter this novel
Amy Mckee
Aug 16, 2016 rated it liked it
The reason it took me over two weeks to read this book was because I just couldn't get into it. I ended up reading half of it in one sitting but it just took me so long to get to that point because I honestly just couldn't bring myself to care about the characters! There were so bland and although I liked the story once I'd gotten into it that took me an unusual amount of time because I just didn't like any of the characters. And also this is defiantly a book I would read some reviews of before ...more
Lisa Friel
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A powerful story, showing how easy it is to be sucked into circumstances; although you are willing at least one character not to react in the way they do, it is completely believable that they don't follow your advice! Maggie at first hides behind her camera so as not to become involved in life, but learns that the camera is no protection against reality, the media and human nature.
Heidi Coles
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book of 2015

I'm literally sobbing uncontrollably at this book. It's brilliant. I genuinely hope it gets made into a film. The book I wish I had written.
Esme
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
It took a while to get into the book but then I started to really enjoy it. At the end I was in floods of tears but I don't quite know why because I didn't really like many of the characters.
Hellomymedia
Der Klappentext von 'Drei Tage Wut' hat mich sehr angesprochen und ich habe mir hier eine schöne, mitreißende Freundschaftsgeschichte, vom brenzligen Umfeld geprägt. Der Roman konnte seine Versprechen voll einhalten und ist daher lesenswert geworden. Dennoch gab es einige Kritikpunkte, die ich vorzubringen habe, und wie mir das Buch letztendlich gefallen hat, seht ihr in der folgenden Rezension.
Mit der Protagonistin kam ich zurecht, wobei mich an einigen Stellen die Tatsache, dass die Figur sch
Selan
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: teenage
Gangs! Gangs and more gangs! How many YA books have I read which are about gang violence now? Too many.

So it's interesting why I find this book to be nonetheless noteworthy. The characters are quite unique in my opinion and have very realistic backgrounds, there seem to be more ethnic minorities as far as I can tell (is the main character literally the only white person? it seems that way) and it relaly did paint a good picture of the London riots.

I really enjoyed this book and didn't think I wo
Bettina Müller
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5/5 Sternen
Weinlachgummi
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Hier sprach mich vor allem der Klappentext an. Nachdem der Titel meine Aufmerksamkeit bei den Neuerscheinungen auf sich zog. Ich habe mir eine Gesellschaftskreistische Lektüre versprochen, doch dieser Aspekt kam mir etwas zu kurz.

Den Titel finde ich sehr aussagekräftig, so prangt er auch dominierend auf dem Cover. Welches ich nicht unbedingt schön finde, dafür aber sehr passend. Die beiden Personen schauen genauso aus, wie im Buch beschrieben. Außerdem kommt durch den typischen roten Doppeldecke
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally published on my blog on 25th June 2014. You can find it here.

Even though Catherine Bruton has written books before, I have never read one, so when I was given the chance to read I Predict a Riot, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try one of Catherine’s books. I was also really excited about it as the synopsis really caught my attention. It is, then, with great happiness that I can report to you all that I truly loved this book. It blew me away and is a book I
Below
Mostly found it boring though the ending redeems it a bit.
Gabrielle
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Caitlin
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING!!! I thought it was a fabulous story voicing a lifestyle which I feel isn't voiced quite as much. I really like the characters as well! This book is probably my new favourite and almost made my cry 3 times and well as making me laugh. I 100% recommend you read this!
Samara
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing.
Little Annie2000
Still can't decide what I think of it...
Simon
Jun 11, 2014
bibliophoenix
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I live just outside Bath with my husband, Jonny, and my two children (plus two toy monkeys, six goldfish and we’re hoping to get some chickens!). I teach English two days a week at a local secondary school. I also write articles for newspapers and magazines. Oh, and I write novels too!

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • I Hate Everyone But You
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)