Start by marking “Cornered Coyote (Coyote #3)” as Want to Read:
Cornered Coyote (Coyote #3)

Cornered Coyote

(Coyote #3)

A Gripping tale that is as Sweet as a Ballerina and as Pugnacious as a Pitbull!

The silver bird gleamed in the blue sky, as the early morning sun bathed it in soft golden hues. Flight 714 was on the last leg of its journey, having burned close to fifty thousand gallons of jet fuel on its trans-Atlantic flight from Paris to Los Angeles.

Dianne Harman’s third and final book i
Published April 24th 2014 by Dianne Harman

Simon Okill
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama, adult-romance
Cornered Coyote (Coyote, #3) by Dianne Harman is quite simply the best in the series so far. Not that I'm knocking books #1 and #2 that are so brilliantly written, but book #3 has it all in spades and then some. How this wonderful author could improve on two previous gems is beyond me, but she has with some serious aplomb.
Our heroine, Maria Brooks risks it all and returns to the States as advised by the new love in her life, Detective Jordan Kramer. Big mistake! She ends up in prison charged wit
Jennifer Theriot
I read Coyote in Provence and Cornered Coyote in just 2 days. I flat out could not put these books down and they consumed my life for the full 2 days. Just when I thought I'd we'd see Jordan and Elena (aka Maria) happily married off we get a plot twist and WHAMMY! What a plot twist....Never saw that one coming. Enter another few characters to fall in love with. I've gotta say...these sexy detectives are gonna be the death of me! Suave, sweet talkin' Slade Kelly converges on us and boy does he ha ...more
Glen
May 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: neo-pulp
This book is something like a cross between a Lifetime movie, and a 19 century romance. All the protagonists are oppressed and beautiful, and all of the antagonists are ugly, evil, and have bad things happen to them at the end.

A beautiful millionaire chef flies into the US to spend time with her glamourous cop lover, and gets arrested for the murder of her husband. Various contacts try to help her. Of course, they all have tragic backstories.

On the whole, entertaining, but way over the top.
Bob Rector
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in Dianne Harman's Coyote series, Blue Coyote Motel and Coyote in Provence. In the third book, Cornered Coyote, Ms. Harman has done something quite impressive. She has stepped up her game. Her high velocity pacing, Rubik's cube plotting, and crackling dialogue makes you feel like you're catching a fast ball at the World Series. Better have your mitt ready.

This time, indefatigable gumshoe Slade Kelly takes center stage. He's got a damsel in distress to sav
Jo-Ann Murphy
May 21, 2014 rated it liked it
After seeing the rave reviews of this book on Amazon I was anxious to read it. When it was offered to me to review, I was thrilled to do so. But I am very disappointed to not be able to give it a five star review. I really could not connect with most of the characters.

Slade Kelly, the detective who sounds like he is from the 30's, is a very interesting character and I enjoyed reading about him and his exploits. His scenes were the only ones that came alive for me. The two women leads, Maria and
Michael Gallagher
Grisham and Connelly watch out, ‘cause there’s a new kid on the block. Dianne Harman makes her mark in a highly competitive suspense-thriller niche. Read the book in two short sittings and couldn’t put it down. The final chapter ends happily with some last minute manoeuvring to keep you turning pages right to the close.
Cornered Coyote has it all. A beautiful protagonist trapped in a political power play, lost orphans rescued from uncertain death and woman’s issues addressed with aplomb. Let's n
John Dolan
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the things I like about Ms. Harman's books is that they don't fit easily into one genre, and her latest, 'Cornered Coyote', continues this tradition. This is the third book in the 'Coyote' series which began with 'Blue Coyote Motel'.

Part romance, part courtroom drama, with a top sprinkling of film noir for good measure, this is a fun read. For those who have not read any of the 'Coyote' books, don't worry. The backstory is covered in sufficient detail not to cause confusion.

Good character
Catherine
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-read, reviewed, 2star
I was contacted by the author and received a free ecopy of Cornered Coyote (Coyote #3) by Dianne Harman in exchange for an honest review. Started reading it ages ago, but I just never got around to finishing it. So I gave it another go today and have finished it. These are just my honest thoughts and I hope that I don't offend anyone. Though I haven't read others in the series, and know little about them, the author gave us information as was necessary and I felt that the plot was easy to follow ...more
Jada Ryker
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

Maria Brooks is back, her adventures continuing from Blue Coyote Motel and Coyote in Provence. Maria is ready to start her new life with handsome detective Jordan Kramer. Her long air journey from France to the United States and its accompanying jet lag are the least of her worries.

At the airport in California, Maria is placed under arrest for the murder of her husband.

Private investigator Slade Kelly is hired to help Maria. Slade takes ad
T.
Sep 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I seem to be in the minority in my review of Cornered Coyote. I had a difficult time over coming strange word choices, repeated phrases (spaced out, but unique enough to be glaringly obvious -- i.e. gang rape, virgin blood), inappropriate responses (Spoiler --paraphrased -- I was gang-raped when I was 12. I'm too tired to talk about it now.) Seriously, you bring this up in conversation and don't explain yourself? This author's writing style is tell, not show, so the novel was a sequence of event ...more
Heather
Jun 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: done, finished
I received Cornered Coyote by Dianne Harman for free in exchange readfor a truthful review. The book started out interesting , but went a little down hill after the first 30 pages. I did'nt feel any of the characters or their stories come to life. I actually had to push myself through the book. With that being said it was'nt the worst book that i've ever read. It is readable and the plot is easy to follow.
Angel Sefer
A wonderful novel, full of action and intriguing characters!

Action, mystery, deception, suspense, murder, intrigue, and hot romance are skillfully blended into the plot of this wonderful novel. When I get my hands on a book like that, it’s hard to put it down until the very end… Highly recommended!
Nancy Silk
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Compelling Closure For This Series"

Returning from France to the United States, the last thing Maria Brooks expects is to be met by the police and arrested for murder before leaving the airport. Slade Kelly, an eccentric P.I. tries to keep her from going to prison. This is a fast paced story from the Chicago ghettos to Florida beaches, and onto the streets of Los Angeles. The characters are stellar and there are many twists and turns to keep you guessing. Loved it! Highly recommend.
Lynn K Mooney
I just did not figure out this book and it's philosophical meanings or leanings.

If there was a story line, I didn't figure it out and felt disappoinred, as if I had wasted my time. I like the books with recipes in the.
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
well, i liked the book
Badriya  Bintuwaih
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novel, worth-reading
Book : Cornered Coyote
by Dianne Harman

I got this book as an e-book from the writer to give her my honest review of it.

I will start by summing up the novel.

239 pages
It happened in USA and France
Its a thrill novel, mystery and romance

.....

Main characters are
Slade Kelly (( Private Investigator ))
Darya Rahimi
Maria Brooks
Jordan Mitchell (( Art Theft Division, LA police Department ))

Then comes
Brian
Brad (( Slade
Marsha

The others who've been slightly on the novel
Maureen
Papa
Lou (( Darya's bodyguard
Dharia Scarab
Not a series for me, seemed like one bad books spun off into something else. Just skipped to the end.

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of
Dolores Ayotte
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cornered Coyote by Author Dianne Harman

This is my first exposure to mystery Author Dianne Harman and I would have to say that it was a pleasurable experience. "Cornered Coyote" is the third novel in this fictional series and even though I haven't read the first two, it is a stand-alone book as the reader is adeptly introduced to each character as they appear in the storyline.

Maria Brooks is one of the main characters who escapes to Provence, France to avoid prosecution for the murder of her husb
B.R. Snow
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cornered Coyote, the 3rd book in Dianne Harman’s Coyote series, is a strong addition to Ms. Harman’s portfolio. The book opens with Maria Brooks, who readers of the series will remember from the first two books, getting arrested at the airport upon returning to California from Provence. And instead of being able to rekindle her romance with Detective Jordan Kramer, Maria finds herself in jail and jeopardy.

The book takes off from there and Ms. Harman, never shy about using multiple locales, inc
Christoph Fischer
"Cornered Coyote" by Dianne Harman is a superb and gripping sequel to the previous, and equally exquisite books in her Coyote Series. I was lucky enough to receive an Advance Review Copy of the book and devoured it within days of its arrival, despite a heavy workload of my own.

This time round Maria returns to California, trusting her cop boyfriend will get her through immigration without problems, but she is arrested for the murder of her husband.
It is her business partner, Darya, who comes to M
Ashok
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Maria Brooks returns with a bang in Dianne Harman’s “Cornered Coyote” which is a sequel to “Blue Coyote Motel” and “Coyote in Provence”.
Returning from France to the US to join the handsome detective Jordan Kramer, Maria Brooks is arrested at California airport for the murder of her husband.
Private investigator Slade Kelly, hired to help Maria, has Master’s degrees in Criminology and Law. He conceals his qualifications, knowledge and wealth (by dressing almost like a hobo and using an old junk
Michele
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I actually bought this book as part of a 3 book collection a long while back. I read and reviewed the first book in this series Blue Coyote Motel (see my review here) and did a Giveaway for the Second in the series-Coyote in Provence. It seems like forever that I have been trying to get back to the third! I think I have mentioned that I should never get kindle books at least as a package deal--I do much better with them singly! But that is a personal preference!!

This book kept me reading, as did
Laura Ruetz
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book. I had read the first book, but not the second so I was worried about not being able to follow the story. If you have not read the second book, or even the first, it does not matter. The plot bits and the people that you need to know are all explained in this book, so you do not get the sense that you are missing a vital piece of the puzzle to fully enjoy the book.

You can see how the author has evolved from book one to this one; it is evident in her writing style. The first
Annie
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This novel tells the story of Maria Brooks, also known as Coyote. Her fiancé Jordan Kramer gave her that nickname when he met her in Provence in an earlier book. Maria was hiding in France accused of killing her husband. Jordan assures her it’s safe to return to Los Angeles but while attempting to go through customs Maria is arrested for the murder of her husband.

The author creates an interesting tale, weaving in the details of Maria’s time in jail and her trial. What makes the story even bette
P.J. LaRue
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cornered Coyote by Dianne Harman is the third book in her Blue Coyote Series. The series is categorized as contemporary fiction and cozy mysteries. I read the first two books and looked forward to reading this book, as well, and I'm glad it finally made it to the top of my to be read list!

Cornered Coyote begins with the protagonist, Maria, being arrested for the murder of her husband, Jeffrey. Maria's friend, Darya, provides a large sum of money to protect Maria while she is in jail and hires a
Debbie Ballard
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading the extraordinary, suspenseful, romantic, phenomenally well-written, love story, Cornered Coyote, #3 and final book in the series, by Dianne Harman.
Cornered Coyote begins with Maria on her way to California to join her boyfriend, Jordan. She is immediately arrested for the murder of her husband. Brian, a well known lawyer, is hired for Maria's defense. Maria does not get bail and has to stay in prison until the trial, so Darya has Slade finding ways of protecting Maria while in p
Kenneth Kerr
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Read!
The third in the Coyote series, 'Cornered Coyote' may be the best (so far?). It focuses on Maria Brooks, who killed her deranged, genius, scientist husband in the first book of the series. She flees to France and falls in love with an American while he is visiting. She agrees to return to the U.S. believing she will not be prosecuted, but upon landing at LAX she is arrested and charged with first-degree murder. Ms. Harman has written another highly entertaining crime thriller with many
Allison Hawn
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dianne Harman's "Cornered Coyote" is a fun adventure.

Pulling in both elements of a courtroom drama and detective mystery, Dianne Harman creates a world where the fate of one woman's life depends on a resolute lawyer, a detective with a shady past, a desperate fiance and a wealthy benefactor.

The plot held its own with diverse cast of characters to back it up. Slade, the gritty but respectable detective, will particularly interest readers. Dianne does an good job setting up interesting scenarios
Murielle Cyr
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Having previously read and enjoyed BLUE COYOTE MOTEL, Dianne Harman's first book in her COYOTE SERIES, I was thrilled to receive a gift of her third book, CORNERED COYOTE, in exchange for an honest review. I was a little hesitant to read her third book before I did her second one, but it turned out that it could easily stand alone. I was able to catch up with Maria who had fled the country to avoid being prosecuted for murdering her husband and also follow her court trial. There are new characte ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kindle Unlimited or freebie day depending, Liz Lucas Cozy Mystery Read these a bit back and remember a great deal of what I read {not titles so yeah problem} but just seems as if there really is nothing new under the sun type thing, maybe too many cozies, something, but these were not as good as I remembered. The other 3 set, Blue Coyote Series was too disjointed with too many people/viewpoints and things going on. Tea Party Teddy was gross.

Liz Lucas Mystery, Blue Coyote set, lost of Cozy Bay my
LittlexRaven
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I read the book as part of the first-reads and to be honest, I did not know what to expect, because I wanted to read something I have not really read before, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it because it is genius... I loved how the characters came over and how the act itself was brought over- with many surprises in it combined.

For me it was well written, the characters were well thought through...

So if you are looking for something new and unusual, you'll find it here :)
Kel
May 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Two minutes of reading and the main character has already taken advantage of a distressed friend.

The main character's speech quirk (a deception) is highly irritating and the attempt to mimic pulp noir is, at best, poor.

I personally did not enjoy this story and would not recommend it to anyone (unless they have read the first two/three/however many books proceed this one in the series and enjoyed them).
Shannon Rochester
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
All in all, this was a good story... the characters were easy to know and the storyline was easy to follow along with... there were a couple of twists and turns that surprised me... if I had to come up with something I wasn't too sure of, it would be the sex scenes. They didn't feel so natural to me and I kind of was uncomfortable reading them. Probably just me :)
Norma Budden
It's not every day someone takes a person he/she loves at their word and ends up being arrested...but there is more to the story than that...so much more.

Cornered Coyote had a little bit of everything in it. There is drama, romance, suspense, passion, compassion, love and hope, among others. You'll want to read this is one sitting; otherwise, you may feel yourself feeling too high strung thinking about the story when you should be setting your focus on other tasks or people.
Hunter Jones
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Cornered Coyote by Dianne Harman is a fantastic addition to her award winning Coyote Series.

Maria Brooks returns to California from Provence. Who doesn't love it when a girl returns to her boyfriend, only to be arrested for her husband's murder?

Are you hooked yet? If not you will be as the story take you from Europe to California, NY and all the hot spots in between. You will love Maria's business partner, Darya, and Detective Jordan Kramer.

Look for exciting locales, characters, and just the ri
Tracy
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw the cover of the book,I was afraid it was going to be a romance. While I love to read almost anything, I have a very difficult time getting through them, especially when they are one sex scene after another. But, in all my reading I have learned not to judge a book by its cover. I am very glad I don't because I would have missed an amazing novel. The was sex and romance, but it was appropriate to the plot.i think this novel was a great suspense novel, along lines similar to john ...more
Dab10 Dab10
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cornered Coyote- by Dianne Harman third in the Coyote series has the same great flow and imagery as all of Mrs. Harman's writing. It also covers a wide gambit of political intrigue, private eyes, medical marvels, L.A. Lawyers, and the legal process.
Now add to that one of my favorite characters, Slade Kelly the gum-shoe private eye, with whole new hidden layers and a love interest. (when is he getting his own book?)
All combined with a perfect mix of humor and seriousness.
Once again Dianne Ha
Elias Zapple
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cornered Coyote is the third in the Coyote series and just as good and as gripping as the others. Maria's returned to the U.S. to face the authorities after murdering her husband in self-defence. Can Slade Kelly save her? If you enjoyed the first two books then you'll love this and if you haven't read them, then like all good novelists do, this can be read as a standalone novel. Dianne Harman truly knows how to write an intriguing story with roller-coaster action and narrative that John Grisham ...more
Carole Anderson
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was the 3rd book in a series and I have to say I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did the other two. I think part of the reason is that a good portion of the book, due to the trial, reiterated what had already happened in the other two books, so there really wasn't much new - except the end. Sometimes, I think that happens when an author had a book idea and the publisher wants 3. I have no idea if that's what happened here, but what it felt like. Still a good story, but not sure it was a ...more
Zita K.
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cornered Coyote is 3rd book in serie by D. Harman, it is definitely well written novel with really good main characters. This book combine court drama, crime novel, thriller nad romance novel in one. When you start reading it, you dont want to stop. You can also read it as a standalone novel, but I think that read all books will be much better, strotyline is then more compact.
I easily can recommend this book to almost every reader.

---I received a free copy of this book from author.---
Demelza Carlton
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
A legal drama with some surprising twists. I'll give you no spoilers - though I will say this is more a story about Slade Kelly than Maria. That said, I'd love to see more of Slade in the future!

Dianne Harman manages to keep the tension going right up until the end - but with a winding ribbon of romance throughout the story, as in all of her books.

I've been waiting for this book since I read the first two in the series and it definitely didn't disappoint. Five well-earned stars.
Lyn Richards
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I enjoyed this book. At first the storyline was a bit slow and somewhat disjointed, but toward about 65% into the book it became quite a page turner.

Some of the characters seemed a little unrealistic in the flow of their stories, but in the end all the storylines came together.

I am just used to a faster pace storyline. A good read and distraction from everyday life nonetheless.

I thank the author Dianne Harman for providing me with a copy to review as a first read book.
Ivana
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. It took me a while to start reading it because of my huge "to be read" pile.
This was the kind of book that just pulls you in and doesn't let you go until the very end. I couldn't stop reading, once I started. I loved it all: the multilayered storyline, the characters, the fast pace of the book. It was exciting and interesting and kept me on the edge the whole time.
Sheryl Seal
CORNERED COYOTE (Coyote Series Book 3) By Dianne Harman is a thrill a minute read!
A wonderful writing style, Dianne Harman kept me reading this book well into the night. I had no problem even though I started with book three.
I will be going back to read books one and two because I love these characters and Slade Kelly is now one of my favorite investigators!
If you love a good mystery with suspense, this author will not let you down!
SonyaA.
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gifts
I received e-book from author in exchange for an honest review.

I've never read the other two books in series, but enjoyed reading it Cornered Coyote by Dianne Harman. I just love how Maria deals with her problems when she's going back in United States and being arrested for the murder of her husband. Also love the tension to the very last page. Highly recommend this book.

• Storm of Attraction (Willowdale, #1)
  • The Reluctant Jesus
  • Always with You
  • Terminus
  • Deadly Secrets (The Greek Isles Series, #2)
  • Henry
  • Simple Riches (That Second Chance, #3)
  • Murder at Black Lake
  • Fortune Calling (The Fortune Series, #1)
  • Incognito
  • Zero Balance (Eviscerating the Snake, #2)
  • Cutting Right to the Chase
  • Dwellers of Ahwahnee (The Beyond Collection)
  • Double Cross (Taylor Pasbury, #2)
  • Soul Sisters (Soul Sisters, #1)
  • Yours Mine Ours
  • Hot to Trot (Pony Tales, #3)
  • Questing Sucks! (QS #1)

Coyote (3 books)
  • Blue Coyote Motel (Coyote #1)
  • Coyote in Provence (Coyote #2)