Start by marking “Forbidden Love in the Land of Sheba” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Love in the Land of Sheba

Forbidden Love in the Land of Sheba

Fifteen-year-old Hana has a crush on twenty-year-old cousin, Farook. But he leaves Yemen to study medicine in Scotland. Her parents force her to marry another cousin, twice her age, a selfish, abusive criminal involved in arms' sales and gang rapes. Ten years later, Hana's life changes dramatically when Farook opens a clinic next door. "Against a backdrop of things unimagi ...more
Published March 7th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Love in the Land of Sheba, please sign up.
Adel Aulaqi Adel A A Aulaqi Dear Qais, I read the book when it came out. Sorry I did not review it then. I hope these reflections add one more voice to its…moreAdel A A Aulaqi Dear Qais, I read the book when it came out. Sorry I did not review it then. I hope these reflections add one more voice to its success. I Believe it touches upon an important topic of human relations that is very important to explore. The author (Dr. Qais Ghanem) reflected on the problems sensitively with a desire to implant the idea of change to a better approach to relationships between girl-boy and man-woman. This journey towards a new way for them to relate, I believe has started in Yemen. Your book is yet one more catalyst on that road. I hope it receives wide readership in Yemen in particular. Adel Aulaqi.(less)

Anita Vandenbeld
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was hard to put down. It made me aware of issues that I had previously only understood peripherally. I felt for the characters and the story. I recommend it!
Qais Ghanem
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Forbidden Love in the Land of Sheba-Review by Dr Abdulla Nasher
As always, Qais Ghanem wrote his third novel, in smooth easy-flowing language. Once you start reading, you’ll find it very hard to stop, for wanting to know what happens next.
Forbidden Love in the Land of Sheba exposed the hypocrisy of the majority of the descendents of Sheba, especially the rich and privileged, such as those occupying high positions in government or the armed forces.
They use Islam as a cover-up. Every Friday, you wi
Emily-Jane Orford
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, mystery
Dr. Farook has a problem. Actually, he has several problems, and they are all conflicting his very stable (and sometimes naïve) sense of being. He is a good son, a good cousin, a good friend, a good doctor, a good Yemeni, and a good Arab, perhaps not all in that order. He tends to look at the world, his world in the very Arab, very Muslim country, the Republic of Yemen, situated on the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula through tinted lenses, hoping to see the good that he grew up believing e ...more
Anne
Aug 25, 2014
Lauren Halapi
rated it did not like it
Dec 03, 2017
Zinab Nabil
Sep 08, 2016
Wiraisha Doerga
Oct 13, 2016
President, 2014 Canadian Authors Association - NCR.
QG was born in Aden, at the time a British colony, now part of Yemen. He has lived in Britain, USA, Qatar, The United Arab Emirates, and moved to Canada 47 years ago.
Edinburgh University graduate in medicine. Trained in public health, later specialized in neurology. Elected president, Canadian Society of Clinical Neurophysiologists x3 y.
Retired 7