Start by marking “This Changes Everything (Curse Keepers Secret #2)(Curse Keepers #2.5)” as Want to Read:
This Changes Everything (Curse Keepers Secret #2)(Curse Keepers #2.5)

This Changes Everything (Curse Keepers Secret #2)

(Curse Keepers #2.5)

Ellie Dare Lancaster is only eight years old, but the secret she carries stretches back four hundred years, to the doomed pioneer colony of Roanoke Island—and the dark pact made by her ancestor, Ananias Dare. Though her father has told Ellie of her heritage, and she knows she will one day become a Curse Keeper, she never dreamed how soon that day would come…or how dear a ...more
Audio CD
Published September 23rd 2014 by Brilliance Audio (first published August 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about This Changes Everything (Curse Keepers Secret #2), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Changes Everything (Curse Keepers Secret #2)

Start your review of This Changes Everything (Curse Keepers Secret #2)(Curse Keepers #2.5)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
This Changes Everything by Denise Grover Swank is #0.6 in the Curse Keepers series. This short novella is a look back at Ellie as a little girl, the night her life was forever changed.

photo tumblr_n8cp4lGieV1tsq9keo1_500_zpsed05b957.jpg

Ellie and her best friend, Claire are eight years old and outside playing on the tree swing. Claire is upset and finally confesses to Ellie what is bothering her. Ellie will do anything to make her best friend feel better so she distracts her by sharing a huge secret with her, one that her Daddy told her never to
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

This Changes Everything is the second short story in the Curse Keeprs world and focuses on Ellie as a child, as well as the night of her mothers murder. I went into this story know that it would be a sad one, but I wasn't expecting to learn so much about the curse and how this night impacted it. Though it was a hard story to read, especially since eight year old Ellie is so cute and endearing, it was easily my favorite in the
Courtney
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ellie

I loved hearing some of Ellie’s back story. I love these books and the short stories that provide more information. It makes the series even better!
Miranda
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella is based on Ellie’s childhood and majorly important events that happened. Holy Crap is this book very important to read!
Twists that I did not see coming.
I love how this novella helps answer some questions to this ongoing puzzle/adventure. Got me even more excited on how this will all play out in this next book.
I don’t know how this author packed all this wow into this novella without being overwhelming. Very well written and enjoyable!
Monique
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: The Curse Keepers Fans
This series just keeps getting better and better for me. This novella has important information that is a must read for all Curse Keeper fans. Although, if you start the series with this book, it won't spoil anything, but it will make you want to know a lot more.

We get a good insight to her mother's murder and why Ellie can't remember the curse since Amanda's death.

Denise has a way of filling in the gaps, answering questions from the previous books and also she has the knack of leaving you
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aty2019
This Changes Everything is a short story in the Curse Keepers series that gives more insight to Ellie's background and about what happened with her mother. For such a short book, it was full of significant information and emotion. Based on the previous books in this series, I knew what was going to eventually take place in this book but it was still shocking and emotional to read. I feel like this book is fundamental to the series because it tells the reader important information that Ellie has ...more
Samantha Malstrom
Another amazing Curse Keeper secret!! Another small novella that isn’t a continuation of the story line, but one that goes back in time to show important events that happened in the past and it was a homerun!! This one is about Ellie’s mother’s death and it was amazing and completely unexpected. Not only did it give me information about what happened, but it left me with new questions and a renewed curiosity for the rest of the series. I am not wasting any time and starting the next book right ...more
Shona Edwards
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is set when Ellie is a young girl I think 8. It is set when she tells Claire her best friend about the curse and being descendents of the Dare line. I love this book, seeing how Ellie was with the curse when she is a young girl. And what she thinks she has done by telling about the curse. It goes through what happened that night with Ellie mum when she was murdered. It was shocking to find out who did it, and who was involved.
Ashley Maude-Lecholat
This short story fills in the blanks and the parts that Ellie was not able to remember regarding her mothers death. This book also explains the girls friendship and why they are so good for each other as her friend is also a part of this curse. She will share her own secrets with Ellie. I thought this book was a great addition to the series and I enjoyed learning more about Ellie's parents and little girl Ellie.
Samantha Whitley
This novella was heartbreaking. I loved that we were able read about how Ellie's mom died and what actually happened. But it was so heartbreaking to get all the details. This book is a must read in order to understand why Ellie can not remember much about the curse. You learn a lot in this small novella, it clarifies a lot, but still does not answer every question, which will keep you on your toes!
Chrissy Busick
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This is a great prequel to The Curse Keepers. In this book we meet Ellie Lancaster as an 8 year old little girl. She has been learning about the curse from her father as long as she could remember.

I felt so much for little Ellie who has so much riding on her little shoulders. Great short, quick read.
Angela
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Denise dives deeper into the whole back story. We find out what happened that dreaded night when Ellie's mother died. Some of your questions will get answered, and well of course you will walk away with more questions. You can read the series without the the novella, but I don't recommend it. The novella's add so much more to the series.
Mona  Brown
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good companion piece

This is a story about Ellie when she was a little girl and how she lost her memory of the curse. It goes into detail about how it happened and gives a small glimpse into the lives of her with her parents. It is an enjoyable short story for the Curse Keepers collection.
Nicki
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another great little book of information. We get a look at Ellie's childhood when she told Claire her secret. We get to see Ellie's parents together for a short time. And then find out that Claire has her own secret to tell. We see the horror Ellie went through when her mother was murdered and find out who did it and why she doesn't remember it.
Emily Martin
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is haunting. It goes into detail of how Amanda comes into obtaining the ring and an argument between her and Ellie's father. DGS also goes into detail of what happened the night Ellie's mother was murdered. We see how Ahone intervened and erased Ellie's memories. I love having the back story, as sad as it may be.
AmberLou
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this novella, Ellie is a young girl. It tells the story of how she and Claire became friends. It also gives us the story of how her mother died and who the killer really is. I was not expecting this information, but it makes the storyline of the whole series, that much better. I can't wait to read what happens next!
Sheri
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This short story was so insightful. Where the previous books have given us glimpses into Ellie's childhood trauma, this books takes us into the event of Ellie's mothers death. I found myself holding my breath waiting for what was going to happen next. While this story was short in length, it has a huge impact on the readers understanding of the biggest event that shaped who Ellie has become.
Linda Rout
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More background story

This is the 2nd short story that fills in the history of the Curse Keepers series.
I really feel that this should have been part of book one!!!!! Not making me pay extra for what should be part of the original book.
Andrea Hastings
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This Changes Everything was very enlightening. This short story is extremely helpful to expand on The Curse Keepers series. The story was a heartbreaking but explains so much about Ellie, her parents, the curse, and even Collin. A must read in The Curse Keepers series!
Angela Page
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great short story

This is complimentary to the curse keepers books. This explains the events of when Ellie's mom dies. It was very emotional and explains alot after 2 books. Very enjoyable read.
Christine Bishop
Great short story!

This Changes Everything is a short story about Ellie and the events that caused her mother's death. This is a great read and answers alot of questions about Ellie's past.
Mark and Lisa
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Changes Everything

Ok so I read the The Curse Keepers first. Then found this 3book set of the whole beginning of it. So read the first one and now the second. I am finding g these books very informative. One more then back to the regular series
Deidre Hasenbalg
Had me in tears. It shows us what happened when Ellie was 8. I like the little novellas that show us a blast from the past.
johanna french
Unfortunately I don't understand why these books have not been made into one novel. I enjoyed the continuation of the previous story but don't understand why the author felt the need to split it up
Melissa Salinas
Well this definitely gave a lot of insight, I would have been okay without this book but it did give some good information.
Niv
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gives you the backstory of Ellie from Curse Keepers. I read it after reading the last book in the series but was fine reading either book first.
Suprina Bracey
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Love this love this! This curse is something fierce. I'd hate to be involved with this situation and carry this burden!
Amy
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Changes Everything gives you insight into Ellie as an 8 year old and the day her mother was killed. It tells why Ellie can't remember the facts of her mother's death or the secret of the curse.
Maria Mitchell
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good to see the past unfold.
Brooke Lesan
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE novellas but even more, I love this series. Novellas give us a better chance to learn the character I feel. If you are reading this series - don't skip the Novellas!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Of Fire and Storm: A Curse Keeper Novel (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #2)
  • Of Ash and Spirit (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #1)
  • Of Blood and Monsters (Piper Lancaster Series)
  • Reign of Mist (Book of Sindal Book Two)
  • Crown of Blood (Book of Sindal 3)
  • Descended from Shadows (Book of Sindal Book One)
  • Recombinant (The Blood Borne #1)
  • Replica (The Blood Borne #2)
  • The Hexorcist (A Supernatural Speakeasy Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Were We Belong (Shift Happens #5)
  • Don’t Stop Bewitching (Bewitchingly Ever After #1)
  • Spirit of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #4)
  • The Incubus Impasse (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery, #6)
  • Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #1)
  • Emperor's Throne (Desert Cursed #6)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)

Curse Keepers (3 books)
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)