Start by marking “Make Damn Sure (13 Shades of Red, #3)” as Want to Read:
Make Damn Sure (13 Shades of Red, #3)

Make Damn Sure

(13 Shades of Red #3)

It’s been 10 years since Nyx Deveraux had the night of her life with a guy that was elusive as smoke. 10 years since she was rocked, utterly. Every man since then has been lacking, and Nyx has been chasing the devastation she felt since. No one compares to the one night only man that haunts her dreams.

And then she meets Rusty… Formally anyway. She already knows him in the
Paperback
Published May 6th 2014 (first published May 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Make Damn Sure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Damn Sure

Start your review of Make Damn Sure (13 Shades of Red, #3)
Amber Rose
This is probably my favorite book in the series. There was something about Rusty that made me love him instantly. Nyx is very likable and I adored her.

S.A. Price pulled me into the book and I didn't want to stop reading it. It was the perfect amount of everything that I needed at the time of reading it. I want more of these characters.

Copy provided by author exchange for an honest review.

photo Follow the Readng Rom Blog_zpsznrkrqks.png
 photo Like the Reading ROom Blog on Fb_zpsnigjcua7.png
Chelly Peeler
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
10 years ago, on the night of Nyx’s birthday, a stranger showed up in her bedroom and rocked her world. The next morning he was gone, leaving only a cryptic note saying “soon”, she never even got his name. He was her first and she has never forgotten him, and for the last 10 years she has been trying (without success) to find someone who could come close to giving her what she felt that night.

Now, 13 Shades are getting ready to record a new album and they have lucked out and gotten the best pro
Melanie Marsh
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Make Damn Sure is my favorite of the 13 Shades of Red Series. This is a great book. I’m not big on romance and falling in love in general. Often times there is just too much slack given to the guys in books and they just say sorry and all is forgiven. I love that Nyx really makes Rusty work for her love. And boy does he. He’s a smooth talker, but he’s only got eyes for Nyx. He is totally book boyfriend material. The kind of guy that only exists in books.

Each book in this series has a different
Crystal Marie
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read this series in awhile, but once I started this book I just couldn’t put it down! One thing that I love about S.A. Price does with their paranormal stories is that it’s not something that you read every day. Each story has an amazing set of characters who all have their own abilities that just blow me away while reading.

I really loved Rusty’s character in this book just because there was something about him that was so amazing, even though he had the crazy stalker thing going on.
Kayse Fabans
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. When I received this book from the author I had recently gone through a rough time in my life and I was pretty down. As I started reading I was sucked into a world where true love does exist, men are honorable, and women kick ass. I absolutely fell in love with Rust and Nyx. Nyx is everything I want to be when I grow up yet she is still trying to find herself like we all are and that really connected with me. I enjoyed watching as their relationship finally got the ...more
Christina Henderson smith
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book had me from the start. I read it in one day, I couldn't put it down! This is the 3rd book in the 13 Shades of Red series from SA Price and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed.
Nyx, a band member of 13 Shades of Red, has been longing for the man that rocked her world at her birthday party 10 years ago. He vanished afterward, and no man has ever measured up since.
Fate finally steps in when the band heads to the studio to record. The guy that is running the studio is none other that
Kosborne
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!!

This is the most recent book in SA Price 13 Shades of Red series and she has continued to produce amazing stories with rock bands, sexy men, strong women, and a twist of paranormal activity. In this book, SA Price tells the story of 13 Shades band member, Nyx Deveraux and her blast from the past, Declan Rust. After Declan is shoved back into her life, Nyx's world is turned upside down. I thoroughly enjoyed this story especially getting to learn Nyx's back story an
Heather
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this beautiful love story of Nyx Deveraux and Declan Rust. S.A. Price pulled me in at the start and I was totally enthralled through every scenario. The story line is smartly written and the characters are described so well you can visualize them. It was heartwarming to see Nyx interact with her family. I also like the paranormal aspect and the hot, steamy sex adds to the excitement of the book.

I have loved the 13 Shades of Red Series and its rock and roll theme. I highly recommend Make
Cyndi
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Whirlwind!!! I honestly can't say enough about this book!! S.A. Price gets better every time!! This book has it all.. You are taken on an emotional roller coaster. Seriously you will identify with with one or more of these characters. Granted this book has paranormal characters, however what they go through and deal with, you have at some point dealt with in your own life. Declan and Nyx are amazing.. This series S.A. Price has created is one you need to read...no excuses!!!!
Jackie
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness! S.A. Price has done it again. Nyx and Rust's story is hot and sweet. Nyx has been searching for him for ten years and he's been watching over her for the same. When they come together again they're combustible. Unlike the first books this one does not take place on the road, but in the studio. This does not diminish the story in any way. I enjoyed seeing how the band acted during down time. Rust has stolen my heart. You must read this wonderful story.
Donna
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal and rock and roll go hand in hand in this fun addition to the 13 Shades band.
Lauren
Aug 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't as great as the other reviews said

Wasn't as great as the other reviews said

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**First of all, nowhere in the blurb or the other reviews did it mention anything about this being a paranormal story about the Fey. Rust was betrothed to Nyx from birth. He watched her since he realized it and eventually noticed how lonely she was. So, on the night of her 16th birthday he took her virginity even though he wasn't supposed to have contact with her until she turned 18. As punishmen
Zara Quintana
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Erotic PNR as Standalone or in Series. I was provided this audiobook at no charge by the author, publisher and/or narrator in exchange for an unbiased review. I am new to this author, but the series books prior to this volume had captured my interest so I went ahead an purchased them. I was pleased when I got to this 3rd volume that it was strong enough in the writing and story telling that it would have been a great read/listen all by itself. However, I have really enjoyed the entire seri ...more
Kathryn
Make Damn Sure you read this book. The author is not wrong that Declan Rust is the perfect book "boyfriend" material. Although I'm a Winter fan, this story was amazing.

Declan Rust has waited 10 years for his perfect girl, Nyx. But that wait wasn't easy. Watching Nyx strut about in the "human" world doing all types of things that every girl would love to do. Watching from afar made him realize that to catch his girl he was going to have to be every girls dream guy. What he accomplishes in his wai
Karin
Thirteen Shades of Red Book Three.

When she was sixteen, Nyx was seduced and dumped in one night by a mysterious man. She hasn't stopped looking for him, but when she finds him she cannot forget his previous treatment. Rusty was punished for his impulsive actions with banishment from his intended mate for ten years. Producing the new album for Shades, Rusty is in the perfect position to get close to Nyx and make up for his past mistake.

Audio Review:
Joshua Macrae works wonders for the Shades serie
Tracie R
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Make Damn Sure

If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would!!

13 Shades is recording a new album and when they meet the producer Nyx Deveraux will have her world turned upside down. 10 years ago Declan Rust walked into Nyx's life and then out again and she never even knew his name.

Declan has loved Nyx since he first saw her but he can never take back what he did or the punishment he has incurred for it. Finally able to see her again Declan is determined to finish what he started 10 years
Annie
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did really like this book, and it was very sexy in some parts...Declan is a dirty boy! :) Nyx tried to play hard to get, but ya...that didn't last long, lol!!! I really like this series...but I am still standing strong on book 2 being my fave....I hope there will be more books in this series, because of course this book left me wanting more!!!! This is a great rocker romance series with a strong paranormal twist...and it is really a good one!!!!

I RECOMMEND!!!!! :)
Amanda
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This would have gotten a 'meh' rating (3 stars), but the all the editing errors went beyond what I could stand. The author needs at the very, very least, is just one singular person to proofread it. Having multiple mistakes on every page just detracts from any experience.
Jeanette Wonder
Judy Upton
Apr 28, 2020
Angie
Jan 12, 2019

• The Tide Between Us: An Epic Irish-Jamaican Story of Passion, Loss and Inescapable Destinies
  • Saltwater Cove (Westcott Bay, #1)
  • Love Comes To Clover Cove: a heart-warming romance set on the beautiful west coast of Ireland
Pseudonym for Stella & Audra Price

Bi-continental, Stella and Audra break all misconceptions about siblings. Writing as a team they have produced well over eighteen novels as well as several novella's and short stories. And nary an argument has come from it.

On their off time from writing, Audra is a makeup artist and Stella is a graphic artist and web designer, as well as the convention director f

13 Shades of Red (5 books)
  • Giving Up the Ghost (13 Shades of Red, #1)
  • This is Forever (13 Shades of Red, #2)
  • Pin Your Wings (13 Shades of Red #4)
  • Keep Her in Pieces (13 Shades of Red, #5)

News & Interviews