Start by marking “Another New Life” as Want to Read:
Another New Life

Another New Life

Miranda Preston is a walking contradiction. Talented, smart and beautiful on the outside and insecure, haunted and damaged on the inside. Despite these contradictions, she’s ready to start Another New Life.

When her talent wins her a piano performance scholarship to the University of Texas, Miranda arrives on campus determined to experience everything college has to offer
Paperback

To ask other readers questions about Another New Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another New Life

Farida
Jun 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
~ ARC Provided for Honest Review ~

Miranda has moved from Seattle to a University down south to escape her past. She ends up meeting her childhood BFF, Troy. Troy is the uber bland, uber popular football player. They instantly fall in love together! Obviously.

It was hard for me to get into the story. I kept pushing the past the bland conversations and Miranda's wishy washy attitude because I really liked the fact that (view spoiler)
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Another New Life is a prime example of the type of New Adult books I just can’t get into, so please keep that in mind while reading this review. It isn’t my type of read and I found myself at odds with it overall.

Another New Life follows the story of Miranda, a college freshman who is looking forward to starting anew and moving away from her painful past. Here is where I had my first issue, what about her past is painful? It takes the story a while to get to this, and when you finally find out w
Tianna
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
For this book I'm liking...
Like Real People Do by Hozier

description

Alrighty, so I had the absolute pleasure of beta-reading Another New Life and I have to say I was so incredibly surprised by it! Those who know me, know I absolutely LOVE angst in my books. I NEED it. I thrive off it. So the subject matter touched on in this book completely drew me in right off the bat.

I was reading this story and racing to find out the secret and waiting to find out when everything was going to go south. It had me on the
Coco.V
Dec 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/08/2017)! 💝
Sydney Michelle
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I loved it, but I think I'm bias. I didn't realize I could rate my own book.

ANL Teaser Image

For more information: Sydney's Newsletter
Erica
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ah-freakin-mazing!
This book takes you on an emotional ride, which is just how I like my books!
The history that makes us who we are, how we handle the challenges were faced with and those who stand by us and help us through the tough times.

Another New Life is a very well written, emotional read. Miranda's pas is more tragic that you think, but once it all comes out you begin to understand her lifestyle choices up to this point.

5 stars without a doubt!
Katie Cross
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is my first true experience with the New Adult genre. I've flirted a bit with it but never actually read a book from it until now.

I'd actually say that the author has sparked a bit of an interest for me in looking at other titles in New Adult, which is a good sign that she did it right. So I'll try and gear my review towards a genre I'm not as familiar/versed with.

The characters came through strong and clear. What appealed to me the most was that they were both flawed and imperfect, and, pr
Trina
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

The title and synopsis drew me into this story and made me want to read it. I enjoy stories about characters trying to start over in life and when mystery is added that I am not able to figure out right away that makes it even better. Another New Life is the story of Miranda who is attending college at The University of Texas. She is smart and talented. Miranda feels most at ease when she is playing the piano. Since she is away from her family s
Brittany Holland
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Fantastic Stars!

This was a debut? Say what, say what?????? Full review to come :)

****UPDATE****

I went down 1/2 a star. Here's why...

Okay, so where do I begin with this one? I enjoyed this book, although looking back on it now, I don't quite remember why. I guess I could start by explaining my reading journey. I read this book when ALL NA books just seemed really good to me, although most of them explored the same topics and felt like a bunch of the same. But I found them to be enjoyable. Now
Eva
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I enjoyed this book from the beginning; the tension was obvious to me when Miranda took that first phone call from her parents that she needed to be away. Her starting school at UT was supposed to be a new beginning for her. She was leaving behind a past that was haunting her and had damaged her throughout her teenage years. She befriends her Southern belle roommate Darcy and a couple of other girls, and they have their own little circle.

It’s during her first day of Calculus that Miranda notices
Em The
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tissues at the ready!

This has been one heck of an emotional roller-coaster of a read and I'm still reeling after finishing it yesterday! This is a beautiful love story that takes place eight years after the main characters, Miranda and Troy, were ripped apart by a heartbreaking situation. Childhood best friends who reunite and fall in love by chance when they attend college together are ripped apart again by a history that one is unaware of.

The emotions I have gone through when reading their bea
Jona Dauz
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
First, thank you to Ms. Sydney Aaliyah Michelle for generously sharing her book in exchange for a review.

Another New Life is sweet, heart warming and with a bit of angst. It is a story of two best friends who’ve been separated when they were kids and reunited when they were in college. I always love stories about best friends ending up together. I love Troy & Miranda together. They made each other heal of the painful past they both had. I love Miranda’s strong personality and how she dealt
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another New Life handles some very serious issues well. Miranda isn't proud of her past and she hasn't fully dealt with everything that happened to her. But she's trying to move on. New college, new friends, new life...until she is reunited with her childhood friend, Troy. It's obvious these two have strong feelings for each other. The way Miranda and Troy fall in love is beautiful - everyone should fall in love with their best friend.

Miranda's past eventually catches up to her, and wrecks thin
Kelly Mccurdy
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this from the author in exchange for an honest review~~

This book had me laughing, crying, annoyed, amused and baffled. It definitely kept me interested. I couldn't put this book down. This is the first book that I have ready by Sydney, and it isn't going to be the last one. She touches on a subject that all to common in today's society. She shows the main character go through a tough time, and then she shows how she over comes what happened. Sydney also shows the downward spiral of
Vanessa
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review:

Captivating! Blissfully romantic with a tasteful touch of lust and heartache.
Once I started, I didn't want to stop. At times, I found myself having to pry the book out of my hands in order to join the rest of the world. I instantly fell in love with Miranda and Troy and yearned for a relationship like theirs; full of laughter, infatuation, and witty banter. When they were faced with adversity, I rooted for them and their relati
Lexi Wings
~Review~

At first glance, it's your typical New Adult story line, where the girl wants to forget her past, but as the story goes on. It becomes more intricate and mysterious, like "What is this girl running from? Whats is so bad that all she wants it's to cope and not live to the fullest?

Well, let me tell you the story itself is rich with details so heart breaking that makes you choke with pain for this girl. And most important you get to understand her. You realize that all connects and you keep
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing
I received this book for a honest review

I loved reading about Troy and Miranda and the fact that they were best friends a long time ago and they never really got over that. The things that happened to Miranda is something that I don't wish on anyone and I love when a story talks about things that really happen in everyday life. The fact that Miranda had to suffer through it alone and really never had no one to talk to was sad but in the end things worked out just fine and the way that they were
Jenn Avery
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another New Life was a great read. The author did a good job of pacing the story so that all the cards weren’t on the table up front, but as a reader it didn’t feel like things were intentionally held back, instead it feels like the natural progression of when the characters would be forced to confront the information they were trying to block.

Epic romance is a good term to describe the connection between Miranda and Troy. The connection never feels forced and is refreshingly shown and not just
Stephanie Gresham
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I received this for an honest review.

At first, I had a little trouble connecting with Miranda, but I did warm up to her. Miranda had a tragic incident happen to her as a child that shaped her teenage years. She moved away to college, far from home, to reinvent herself. After seeing her best friend from childhood she starts to open up more and you can connect with her better. I eventually fell in love with her and Troy. Darcy is a hoot too! I loved how this author was able to write about this ty
Michie Scott
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick read, great story line,beautiful heroine. I like Miranda's character, she is so smart,witty and very talented person, while Troy, though he is so popular he is very honest and loyal to Miranda. I love how the author described the heroine's feeling for each other. This story makes me cry also, the story was very light but it really touches my heart.

There's a moral lesson on the story on how to deal with our past so that we can move on and have a new life.

Kudos to the author, I wil
Jelena
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this from the author in exchange for an honest review

5 music stars

Miranda Preston (18 yrs) just moved from Seattle to the University of Texas on a piano scholarship. In her first week she meet Troy (19 yrs) her best friend from childhood. After some time they become couple. Everything is fine except Miranda's secret... Will she be able to start New life after all...

Realistic emotional, the characters and story are carefully crafted. Great read, well written, I like it.
Anna
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book (let's hope I read it before an editor...too many typos!). I applaud the author for tackling such a serious subject matter so well. These two best friends reunited in college did an amazing job of dealing with one another as they coped with their past. This was a very well documented journey. I wasn't wild about the ending. It was an extremely well written last page, but maybe an epilogue or let's get Darcy's story so we can catch up with Troy and Miranda.
Becky
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. It sadly hit close to home and I felt every emotion while reading this story. Sydney did a great job with the characters and how everything progressed. I loved how Miranda worked through her issues. I was sad for the story to end, it ended great but I was sad to see them go. So I am glad Sydney has a new book coming out for me to read.
Amy
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were great and I liked how things unfolded for them. The reason I didn't give this book a higher rating is that I found many editorial errors throughout, including in the first sentence which probably made them jump out at me more than they might otherwise.
Overall, I enjoyed the story very much and liked how it ended.
Pamela Sims
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written and beautiful!

Well written and beautiful!

What a beautifully written story! Handles the delicate issues of childhood abuse (with compassion) and finding lost love and healing. I truly enjoyed this book, I can't wait for more from this newly published, gifted Author!
P.K. Hrezo
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A realistic and raw New Adult story that keeps you turning pages. I totally bonded with Miranda and loved how she was honest, smart, and down to earth. I think a lot of readers will identify with her and her journey, and cheer for her til the very end.
Abby Ang
Jan 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Too much piano wrongness
Pat Wright
Jan 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book. It has too much adult context for me.
Emmy
Apr 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
I get that books should be an escape, but give me something tangible. Or real. At least a non-moronic, likeable main character...? Is this too much to ask for?
Catherine Geist
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ItIGreat Book

This was a great book.The story itself was wonderful.The twist about the story was surprising.So full of different emotions.Makes you wonder how this is true to life & how you would handle it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New Adult Book Club: #224 Another New Life by Sydney Aaliyah Michelle 50 164 Aug 06, 2015 10:23AM
  • For The Love of Laney
  • Femme Fatale Reloaded (Pericolo #2)
  • The Billionaire Cowboy (Billionaire's Club: Texas, #1)
  • Love on the Edge of Time
  • The Wanted Bride
  • Blood Price (Cora's Choice, #6)
  • The Art of Letting Go (Uni Files #1)
  • Love Interrupted (Interrupted, #1)
  • One Life: A Teddy Owens Story
  • Until Alex
  • Rescue at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Cousins, #2)
  • Only Your Touch (Lose My Senses, #2)
  • Serial, Volume Two (Serial, #2)
  • Indiscretion: Volume Two (Indiscretion, #2)
  • Stifled (Summoned, #2)
  • Best Served Cold (Perfect Dish Duo #1)
  • On Wings of Chaos (The Revenant Wyrd Saga, #5)
  • Bastard
Sydney Aaliyah Michelle is a Contemporary Romance writer, a voracious reader, tattoo lover, and movie fanatic who hails from Texas.

After surviving 5 1/2 years living in China, she had the courage to finally pursue her passion and become a writer.

She identifies the sci-fi action flick "The Matrix" as the best representation of her life in the past. She is now blessed to be awake and doing what sh