Start by marking “Nashville Dreams” as Want to Read:
Nashville Dreams

Nashville Dreams

(NashVegas #1)

Last week, I was stocking groceries in Freedom, Alabama. This week, I live in Nashville, Tennessee, about to take the stage at the famous Bluebird Cafe.

Sounds fantastic, doesn't it? Only one problem: I've got stage fright.

But after years of being ruled by fear and hiding from my dream, I confronted my limited reality and left home. Forget the hometown hunk who wants to
Published April 22nd 2014 by Thomas Nelson (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Nashville Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nashville Dreams

Start your review of Nashville Dreams
Bernye
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like Nashville then this book is a good beach read.
Joy Lokey
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a closet Diva wannabe, so this book was right up my alley, living the dream secretly through her story. Only thing is, I can only live vicariously through others and their stories now. I'm the has been. Hey day came and went before I could even blink. But it is still fun to dream. Thanks for the chance, Rachel!
Nancy
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Rachel Hauck’s writing. She definitely keeps the pages turning. I like her characters and storylines. This one definitely had a few surprises.
Niya
Apr 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
Erin
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Lost in NashVegas" tells the story of Robin, the girl with music living inside of her. She's a born songwriter but her terrible stage fright has kept her singing at home rather than on the big stage. Now at age 25 with a boyfriend who is ready to settle down, Robin figures that the time to give Nashville a try is either now or never and jets off to the land of musical opportunity.

Just because she's decided to face her fear it doesn't mean it has gone away. Robin has a struggle each and every
Elaine Key
The life and times of a young songwriter trying to make it big in Nashville.
Lori
Jun 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this book for several reasons: I fell in love with the main character, Robin McAfee; I'm a huge fan of country music and enjoyed this glimpse into how things work behind the scenes; it was not a predictable storyline - the twist you thought was going to happen was not the same as the twist that did happen - Rachel kept catching me off guard (in a good way). This story was well-written, the character was well developed. I read it in less than two days - like the rest of ...more
Kimberly
Oct 11, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: country music fans, fans of so-called "chick lit"
Picked this up at the library this summer. The "Lost in Nash Vegas" title and cover art (reminiscent of the Melissa Etheridge album cover) appealed to me. (Yes, I do judge books by their covers. So what?) Anyway, didn't know until I got home that it was Christian "chick lit". It's published by a subsidiary of Thomas Nelson publishers (they publish Bibles) based in, of course, Nashville.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book as a great summer read. It was engaging, well-written, the gospel aspect wasn't
Janet Merrell
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Oh dear... seriously B.A.D. I managed to muddle my way through but the whole book just felt very juvenile to me. The main character was not believable or endearing; she was silly and annoying. This is one of the author's earlier works and it shows. Very poor character development. I may have to take a break before reading the next one in the series. Plan to stick with the author's later writing from now on.
Tatrd
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Robin Rae MacAfee & Lee Rivers
She's a songwriter in Freedom AL who moves to Nashville. Finds out she's a music row label owner's daughter. She has stage fright and keeps running away. Love story isn't the central focus of the book.
Christian book
Review
Wendy
Mar 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book about a songwriter navigating her way in Nashville. The characters were engaging, and I even laughed out loud a couple of times, which I don't do often when reading. Fun read.
Leah
I loved this book!It was really good.
It was dealing with fear and just trusting God with your life and your fears. I definitely needed to read it!
It was cute and funny, with a sarcastic sassy twist!
Hey_jude
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny. It was better than I expected. The whole Southern angle (complete with expressions and accents) might be a little annoying to some, but the author handled it in a way that was enduringly serious not corny.
Barbara
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a quick, easy read. Because this is one of Rachel's earlier works, it doesn't have the depth of her most recent books. It is comical and fun to read. It give you a taste of the Country Music scene.
TJ
Sep 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gosh, I hope my little red-headed daughter turns out like this heroine! She knows what she wants and uses her head instead of just her heart. She's sassy and funny and smart. Good book and you really feel like you are buddies with her by the end!
Becky
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a 3.5. I needed something fluffly to break up the more serious reading I was doing, but that also made it more obvious just how fluffy it was. I was a bit bored even though it's a quick read. It is cute though.
Tanya Dennis
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just a fun read. If you’re looking for something deeply profound or intellectual, pass. If you want something sweet, a little sassy, and just plain fun — this is a great pick. I loved it the first time I read it (years ago) and enjoyed it just as much this time.
Carolyn Tye
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story that kept my interest.
Dorothy Persch
Jenny Wiesenmayer thines
Good Read.
Mandi
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't my favorite of Rachel's books, but it did have some seriously hilarious parts in it along with crazy phrases like "Holy clogging platform, Batman!", making it a pretty fun book to read ...more
Sherri
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud funny, but so much more. I loved this book.
Sharon Means
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very good cute book.
T.M.
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful novel with many entertaining parts to the story. There was a lot of surprises in the story. It was worth the effort to get the book. One of Rachel's best books.
Mary Ellen
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great chick -lit! Great plot, quirky characters , delightful read .
Tanaya Larsen
I wanted to really like this book, but for some reason I just couldn't connect with the main character. It was a fun story about the music biz though!
Deborah
Feb 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story with humor about facing our fears. Loved the way she wove God through the book in a realistic way. Highly recommend!
Dianne Peeler
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Loved this story!! The many twists and turns keeps you wondering!
Karen Phelps
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I loved this book from the beginning. It's upbeat, clean and I liked that we can relate to her characters.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2015 12:27PM

• Secrets at Cedar Cabin (Lavender Tides, #3)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • Castle on the Rise (Lost Castle, #2)
  • The Lost Castle (The Lost Castle, #1)
  • Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)
  • On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • The House at Saltwater Point (Lavender Tides #2)
  • Holding the Fort (Fort Reno, #1)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance, #3)
  • Serving Up a Sweetheart: A February Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #3)
  • Falling for You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2)
  • In the Shadow of Croft Towers
  • The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1)
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • A Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Romance, #1)
  • Never Let Go (Uncommon Justice #1)
  • The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck
  • Dakota Dawn (Dakota Plains, #1)
New York Times, USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Rachel Hauck writes from sunny central Florida.

A RITA finalist and winner of Romantic Times Inspirational Novel of the Year, and Career Achievement Award, she writes vivid characters dealing with real life issues.

Her book, Once Upon A Prince, was made into an original Hallmark movie.

The Wedding Dress has been optioned for film