Start by marking “Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars, #2)

Mr. Kiss and Tell

(Veronica Mars #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  18,700 ratings  ·  2,142 reviews
In the second book in the New York Times bestselling mystery series, Veronica Mars is back with a case that will expose the hidden workings of one of Neptune’s most murderous locations.

The Neptune Grand has always been the seaside town’s ritziest hotel, despite the shady dealings and high-profile scandals that seem to follow its elite guests. When a woman claims that she wa
Published January 20th 2015 by Vintage Books

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Kiss and Tell, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Rachel
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·
 ·  18,700 ratings  ·  2,142 reviews

Start your review of Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars, #2)
Glire
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
There's something really important you should know before reading this review:

description

(Joking. But if you don't like Veronica I have a question for you: are you even human?)

So, this book picks up six months after The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line: Weevil is waiting the outcome of his trial; Keith and Cliff are still trying to expose the corruption network of the sheriff's office and Lamb has a new -and mysterious(?)- oppo
Gaby
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually put gifs in reviews OR write anything in this here box pre-reading but I can't help myself...

As we (impatiently) wait for October 28th, let us remember the following:

and

Because it's really all about those delicious gazes, more than anything else.

Sarah Churchill
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
YES! So much Weevil. So much Logan. This is everything I needed.

I enjoyed this second book even more than the first, the story felt more like a VM episode (or maybe even movie) than a book. I don't even know if that makes sense...?

What I mean is the mystery is of grand proportions and takes months to solve, all of my favourite character are there (and Lamb) behaving and acting like they do in the show, right down to mannerisms. Having watched the VM series and movie count
carol.
Nov 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Veronica Mars
Shelves: arc, mystery, female-lead

I picked up this book after a book group friend raved about the Veronica Mars television series. Jumping in without knowing anything about the show or the character, I was strongly reminded of another series–not the television Veronica Mars, but another famous young adult female detective.

description

Yes, that one.

Of course, this is Nancy for the new millennium. With Drew’s long history of updates, Veronica Mars reminds me of the 1958-1979 vintage, my adolescent book obsession (I’m sure there’s a box somewhere with bo
Alyssa
Great Addition

The second installment of the Veronica Mars books was a bit harder to get into, but once I did get into it, I didn't know how to put the book down.

Fortunately, there was more Logan. And a puppy. And Veronica solving crimes. All good stuff, and I'll eagerly be waiting for the next book.
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

This review is COMPLETELY spoiler free

Veronica Mars is a recent addiction and addition to my oh-so-monotonous life. As I write this review, it’s the last day of my summer holidays before I’m back at school for the new school year—and just less than two months earlier when the holidays started, I clicked play on the very first episode of the Veronica Mars TV series. I soon became absolutely smitten with the TV show (maaaaaaybe because of Logan Echolls) and I soon jumped onto the moviefree
VeronicaReads
This
Diane
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fun mystery for Veronica Mars fans. It's the second in a series, and I think it was even better than the first book.

The story references a lot of events from the TV show and the movie, so if you haven't watched those, you are at risk for spoilers. Veronica's character is still strong, and Kristen Bell was so perfect in the role that I could hear her voice as I read.

The case involves a young woman who was raped, beaten and abandoned, and Veronica tries to figure out who att
Maureen
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really loved the story in this one but I missed Kristen bell's narration!
Kristina Horner
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, mystery
I don't know why it took me so long to read the second Veronica Mars book, but I liked it almost as much as the first one. I love that Rob Thomas is not afraid to tackle tough topics, I loved the complexity and the story, I loved getting to see some things from Keith's POV as well, and I enjoyed cameos from all the major players from the show.

My only complaint in this one is that I wish Logan had been more of a character. I did enjoy their very real problems of learning to be okay wi
Matthew
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps not a super fantastic mystery story. Also, not a book I would recommend unless you are familiar with the Veronica Mars storyline. But, 4 stars for nostalgia. Definitely like reading an episode of the show.

What is also great is that not only does it touch on some stories that haven't come up since the first or second season, it also continues some of the story from the last book and leaves some cliffhangers for another book. I haven't seen that any more books are coming out, but if they
Hilary
May 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
Tiffany PSquared
She'd never tried to frame herself as some quixotic warrior. She'd never claimed to be able to save anyone.

When I pick up a mystery book, this is exactly the experience I want to have. I want to wonder. I want to feel confused. I want to know.so.bad. Thank you, Rob Thomas, for doing all of that with Mr. Kiss and Tell.

What I Liked:
-Is this list going to be too long...?
-Veronica Mars.
-The supporting characters. They each may have their own personal dramas going on, but all of them are still integral to the main plot and their stories make you even more inveTell.
❝She'd
Wendy F
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
We’re back with more Veronica Mars and Co! I’m so glad that I got an opportunity to read Mr. Kiss and Tell before publication date. I just have to say, this book series has really helped with my V Mars fever.

First and most importantly, I’m happy to announce that Logan was definitely involved in this story more, which I’m not sure if you remember but that was one of my selfish little issues with the first book. Well, he’s back baby, and as hot as ever. Hotter almost, because now he’s
Dana

This book is a great example of the magic that can happen when a show's writer also creates the novelization of said show. Simply put, you are left with perfection. I love Veronica Mars, honestly I don't know anyone who doesn't love her. I was a little wary going into this because I hadn't read the first book, but rest assured if you have at least seen the Veronica Mars movie you will be fine.

This book could easily fit into the Veronica Mars universe. The characters and the setting were exactly
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
ETA 2/15/18: My bestie was in town last weekend and we rewatched our favorite episodes -- mostly the ones featuring LoVe -- and that still wasn't enough VMars for me so I decided to download the audiobooks for the books that came after the movie and experience them again in their full glory...even if Mr. Kiss and Tell isn't narrated by Kristen Bell. :( I still want more. I need more, dammit!

****

Yay for finally getting some glorious LoVe moments, full of that delicious banter I love so
Alix West
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller, mystery
Content Warning: discussion of rape/sexual violence.

I wanted to like this more than I did, and there are certainly aspects of the book that I loved–Weevil Subplot, more Cliff McCormack, Pony the Dog–but I couldn't get over the fact that this is the FOURTH time that Rob Thomas has used rape as one of his mystery plots in the Mars Investigations universe. On the one hand, I think that Thomas generally handles violence against women--especially sexual violence--in an appropriately sensitive man
Alice
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

This is a spoiler-free review, but if you haven't seen the tv series or the movie, and you plan on doing it, don't read my review or you may find spoilers in it.

I loved the tv show and I just binge-rewatched it a few months ago.

Almost a month ago, I read The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line and it was a five star read for me. I loved this one too and I hope there are going to be more books because I'm not ready to let this series go! There are a few things that need to be resolved, especially one that really matters
Ashley
Mr. Kiss and Tell is the second of two books contracted after the Kickstarted movie in 2014. Both books have done a great job taking the Veronica Mars world, escalating it, and translating it to the medium of books. I also really like what they're doing with Veronica's character (and the other characters). They're allowing them to grow and change. These characters haven't just been held in stasis in the nine years that have elapsed since the third season of the TV show ended.

This book picks up about th
Lori
Guys, I love Veronica Mars. That's all. I love her. And I love the rest of the characters on the show and in these books. I can't give a no-biased review of this so if that's what you're looking for, you'll have to go somewhere else. I will read and watch anything about these characters and probably love it. (Except for the movie, I didn't love that. But let's not talk about that right now.) I really enjoy these books. I love getting to see the characters more and I love the mysteries and the tw ...more
Clare
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC for review.

Veronica Mars is back for another case and it's a doozy. Mr. Kiss and Tell was a highly enjoyable and quick read. The subject matter is extremely dark and authors Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham handle the case with an appropriate sensitivity.

As in the first book, there's strength in her interactions with her father and friends. Her interactions with both Logan and Weevil are given time to shine and shine they do. Specifically, Veronica's relationship with Logan is one
fleurette
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
Mr. Kiss and Tell

Books related to a movie or TV series are rarely good. Mr Kiss and Tell is fortunately a splendid exception. Like the first book in this series, it's great entertainment.

This is primarily due to the excellent plot. Although some things can be predicted from the beginning and the villain's identity is already known in the middle of the book, the story is suspenseful and extremely interesting. Technically, if you think about it, the plot is not overly extensive or unique, but it still provides wonderful entertainment.
Benoit Lelièvre
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quite better effort than the first book in the series THE THOUSAND DOLLAR TAN LINE: there's a larger scope, intertwining subplots and most important, the character we love are involved in the storyline and not just orbiting around. There's an entire subplot involving Keith's attempt of overthrowing sheriff Lamb and getting him jailed for planting evidence on Weevil, which is awesome.

It still feels kind of bloated an generic, though. Much less than its predecessor, but the mystery i
Saeed Mohamadi
Actual rating 3.5
I really enjoyed the time I spend reading this book, through it the strongest feeling I had was the nostalgia its so sweet to recall good memories and shocking how much you can remember of the things you think you never need to remember them again and so bitter to think about all the time past. With so many years past from the Veronica Mars TV show it still is one my all time favorites and for me not engaging more characters from Veronica's past was a downerActual rating 3.5
Mr. Kiss and Tell is a must-read book for the Veronica Mars fans and a not-so-bad thriller in general.

Saeed.

Winter Sophia Rose
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dark, Funny, Compelling & Cynical! Excellent Read! I Loved It!
Kirsty-Marie Jones
Please sir, can I have some more?
Eliza
Well there you have it folks my 100th read of the year 🎊🍻

Merry Christmas to me now I can relax and enjoy Christmas 🎅⛄🎄🎁
Lizzie
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, mystery, 2018
I needed a relaxing little chewing-gum kind of book to read and that’s probably what I’d been saving this for, even though I bought it the day it came out in 2015. The day it came out! Because I am a fan. I haven’t had much to do with Veronica Mars in a couple years, but I’m still fond, and then I recently watched “The Good Place,” and all that Kristen Bell exposure can’t help but take you there. Plus, I mean, are these moments really so different from my favorite “I know what happened O_O” reve ...more
K.
I didn't enjoy this nearly as much as the first one, but I still can't bring myself to give it any less than four stars because I love the characters and the continuing story so much.

Pros:
- The return of characters from the series.
- PUPPY!!!!!!
- Logan and Veronica basically living together.
- Veronica operating in that morally grey zone that she does so well.
- Keith continuing to be the best fictional parent on the face of the earth.
- Mac being awesome.
- The
Harry Connolly
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Browser crash ruined my first version of this review, but let's try again:

This book was going so well, until it fell apart at the end.

As I mentioned in my review of the first book, I'm a fan of the Veronica Mars tv show. I'll admit that I didn't watch every episode multiple times, but I'm pretty sure there was never an episode where Veronica got the criminal to confess by bringing in a huge bruiser to beat the confession out of him.

Poor book-Veronica doesn't have half the devious wit of T
Ashley
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Really a 3.5, but I rounded up. Three stars for creativity and storyline. FOUR STARS FOR LOGAN ECHOLLS.
Around the Year i...: Mr. Kiss and Tell, by Rob Thomas 1 16 Oct 10, 2016 02:16PM
South African Boo...: Mr. Kiss and Tell (Spoilers) 3 46 Jul 30, 2015 11:02PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Mr. Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas 2 45 Jan 04, 2015 08:33AM

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer #6
  • Disgraceland: Musicians Getting Away with Murder and Behaving Very Badly
  • Ripe for Vengeance
  • Something is Killing the Children #1 (Something is Killing the Children)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #7
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 1 (Tales of the Slayer, #1)
  • Henry and Rachel
  • Angel #3
  • Giant Days #54
  • Evvie Drake Starts Over
  • Mordsmäßig unverblümt: Louisa Manus erster Fall (Louisa Manu, #1)
  • Magic for Liars
  • Mordsmäßig kaltgemacht. Louisa Manus dritter Fall (Louisa Manu, #3)
  • Mordsmäßig verstrickt - Louisa Manus zweiter Fall (Louisa Manu, #2)
  • Knocking Up His Best Friend
  • The Ghosts of Williamsburg...And Nearby Environs
Robert James "Rob" Thomas is an American author, producer, and screenwriter, best known as the author of the 1996 novel Rats Saw God, creator of the critically acclaimed television series Veronica Mars and co-creator of 90210 and Party Down.

Veronica Mars (2 books)
  • The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars, #1)
“I’m beginning to view democracy as the Siri of political systems. So much better in theory.” 21 likes
“Huh. Veronica Mars, speechless. I'll have to write this one in my feelings journal.” 20 likes