Start by marking “Travel and Street Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots” as Want to Read:
Travel and Street Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots

Travel and Street Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots

Whether you're heading to Paris or San Francisco, Patagonia or Yosemite, you need a book that goes beyond the camera manual to teach you how to take great shots. This guide by pro photographer John Batdorff will help you conquer the fundamentals of travel and street photography and capture stunning pictures.

Batdorff starts with the basics-composition, light, and exposure-a
Published October 7th 2014 by Peachpit Press (first published September 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Travel and Street Photography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Travel and Street Photography

Start your review of Travel and Street Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Christopher
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Here John Batdorff walks a person who has bought a fairly decent camera (ideally DSLR or mirrorless) through all the typical situations one finds oneself in traveling or on a city street.

The book is divided into the chapters “Equipment”, “Planning the Journey”, “Finding the Light”, “Composition”, “Observation vs. Engagement”, “Cities and Streets”, “Landscapes, Rural Life”, “The Legalities”, “Workflow”, and “Sharing Your Work”. Generally the book assumes that the prospective traveler with a came
Celal
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Çok geniş bir konu skalasını ele aldığı için konulara derinlemesine değinememiş. Daha dar bir konu seçimi ve daha fazla detay görmeyi isterdim. Konu hakkında giriş yapacaklar için oldukça iyi fikir verecek bir kitap.
Eduardo Xavier
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fotografia
Love it so much. I had it to support a photography course. Nice tips and good to learn a bit about the photographer mental model! I really enjoy it.
Cheryl Crotty
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, probably because I love to travel and I love street photography. My street photography is somewhat different than the authors but still, it was so enjoyable to read. I also found a few new tricks to try.
Atacama9006
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Useful tips and nice photos. Author went through all the basics of photography and gave good tips in more complex aspects of photography. I found night shooting tips interesting whereas rest was something I know. Good refreshing of the basics and how find your style of photography :)
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I should have read this before I went to Toronto on vacation a couple of weeks ago, but I have Chicago coming up in September, so it will still be useful.
Kay
Dec 13, 2014
Jojojojo14
May 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera
  • The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
  • There Is No Good Card for This: What To Say and Do When Life Is Scary, Awful, and Unfair to People You Love
  • Beyond Mindfulness: The Direct Approach to Lasting Peace, Happiness, and Love
  • The Time Cure: Overcoming PTSD with the New Psychology of Time Perspective Therapy
  • How to Lead When You're Not in Charge: Leveraging Influence When You Lack Authority
  • Making Sense of Change Management: A Complete Guide to the Models, Tools and Techniques of Organizational Change
  • The Time Paradox: The New Psychology of Time That Will Change Your Life
  • Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine
  • A History of Religious Ideas, Volume 3: From Muhammad to the Age of Reforms
  • A History of Religious Ideas 1: From the Stone Age to the Eleusinian Mysteries
  • A History of Religious Ideas, Volume 2: From Gautama Buddha to the Triumph of Christianity
  • Shame and Pride: Affect, Sex, and the Birth of the Self
  • Making Great Decisions in Business and Life
  • We the Living
  • Neurodharma: New Science, Ancient Wisdom, and Seven Practices of the Highest Happiness
  • Cuba
  • Meditation for Dummies

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

News & Interviews

“The aforementioned rules are the basic building blocks for an aesthetically pleasing image, but over the years I’ve come to grips with the fact that a good image is less about meeting the standards of what is “right” and more about what is intentional: What is the photographer trying to tell me? What mood or feeling is she trying to convey?” 0 likes