Start by marking “Rasputin's Kiss (Investigating Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Rasputin's Kiss (Investigating Love #1)

Rasputin's Kiss

(Investigating Love #1)

What if the last thing you felt was the kiss of a knife?

Rasputin’s kiss is lethal. He’s a ghost – killing and disappearing into the night. With few leads and four bodies on his conscience, Detective Inspector Alex Courtney and his team are running on empty and it’s only a matter of time before Rasputin strikes again.

When Alex recruits a young detective to play the part of
Published March 7th 2014 by Totally Bound Publishing (first published February 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rasputin's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rasputin's Kiss

Start your review of Rasputin's Kiss (Investigating Love #1)
Janeylou
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Caroline Brand
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Four dead bodies and the only thing that seems to connect them is the fact that they were all gay. DI Alex Courtney and his team are at their wits end. The deaths are brutal, the bodies abused and dumped and no one has any idea who the perpetrator is. The killer has been named Rasputin.

The only option left is to set up someone as bait. Alex will take on a pretend boyfriend with similar looks to the victims and see if they can draw the killer out into the open.

K
I've a feeling I may have read this before when it was an online free story
2.5 rounded up

Okay - yes, I was right, I had read this before - and not much has changed. It's still a fairly light fun story and I enjoy the author's writing style. I like both Alex and Conor (and Sgt Higgs) but the set up grates I'm afraid - whilst we are told Alex is Dom it's just "discovered" that Conor has submissive tendencies ... what starts off as an undercover operation where Conor poses as his boyfriend results
Christy
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, on-my-kindle, arc
"Alex steeled himself. “I never thought I’d hear myself saying this to you lot”—he cast an eye over the four men that made up his team—“but I want you to find me a boyfriend.”

I honestly couldn't imagine anything better than a murder mystery, BDSM, two hot cops, and a sexy love story. Add in the fact that the author is LM Somerton, whom I adore, and I couldn't wait to get my greedy little hands on this first book in her new series. 'Rasputin's Kiss' introduced me to Detective Inspector Alex
Susana
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andrea
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
If you like cheesy and completely off the reality trail, you'll love this. I don't.

What irritates me the most is that this writer has talent and it shines through the mess at times. I'd like to see more of it and less of the melodrama.
Aerin
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, part-of-a-series
3.5 stars.

I liked it but I didn't love it. I don't understand how Alex started issuing orders like he did when it comes to their private relationship. They just met and their relationship seemed forced and hurried along.
Rick
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book - can't wait until the next book in this new series comes out.
jules0623
2.5 stars. Nice mystery. A bit too much sex and not enough getting to know you time, though.
Emilie
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sinclair
Feb 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Characters were stereotypes, thin writing. Power dynamics relied on social roles rather than internally constructed.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US :) 3/11/14
Harshini
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Dnf too unreal just couldn't read any more
Lori
Jan 10, 2015 added it
Shelves: bmbr-reads, 2015
Nicole
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read. Alex and Conor started off pretending to be boyfriends to catch a killer , however from the start that line was blurred and what was pretend one day was full blown Boyfriends with a side ofD/s relationship next day.
Recommend.
Kathi
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story
Phaney
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is mostly sex. Sure, there’s a little bit of plot as well, but it does not take up that much space.

Alex, sadly, presents himself as nearly unlikable (for a while). I am sure other people will appreciate him and his sadistic ways, but I sure don’t. And since this is primarily a romance (albeit sex-centered) not liking him did spoil the whole thing for me to an extent.

There are good things too – little details that feel real and are maybe not part of the standard romance fare. On the other
Susan65
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a great start to a new series involving Detectives Alex Courtney and Conor Trethuan. Alex is the lead detective of his team and super macho. An out, proud, but not in your face man who barks orders at work, and in the bedroom. Conor is a young, beautiful detective who was saved from slum work in the police stations basement to being used a decoy to pull a serial killer out of hiding. Poor Conor is used and abused, but he loves it.

The serial killer is killing young, beautiful gay men in
Angela Goodrich
In Rasputin’s Kiss we meet Detective Inspector Alex Courtney and Detective Conor Trethuan as they work together to catch a serial killer. Despite the gravity of the subject, I found Alex’s recruitment process that eventually led him to Conor quite amusing. The scene serves to set the mood of the book and strikes a great balance between humor and seriousness and the author does an excellent job of tempering the starkness of the investigation with humor.

While the relationship between Alex and
Nat ReadingAllNite
Not exactly what I hoped for.

I wanted to read something with suspense and with some sexual tension as well. The blurb made me think I'd get that from the story. Not so much. While the technical skill of the writing was good, the story drew almost no emotion from me, nor engaged me much.

I can accept instant attraction, but things moved much too fast between Conor and Alex. I expected to suspend disbelief since its a common trope for the gay detective to need a gay partner to be a couple
Becky Condit
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guest Reviewer reviews Rasputin’s Kiss by LM Somerton.

REVIEW: : LM Somerton does great stories of strong willed Doms and the not always so submissive boys who complete their lives.

In this story, there is a murderer on the loose. He’s already claimed four victims and the police haven’t been able to stop him. Alex Courtney, the lead investigator, is at his wit’s end. He has a plan, but it’s not a great one. He wants someone to pose as his submissive to lure
Suze
Nov 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the premise of this one as I do enjoy a mystery story. My main gripe about the mystery element was that it was much more in the background than I would have liked, the previous killings being a mention only so I didn't feel a big investment in the solution.
The relationship between Alex and Conor went from zero to scorching very quickly, almost too quickly and Alex did ride roughshod over just about every social and work ethic.
And this set the tone for the book for me - a study in
Molly Lolly
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four and a half stars!
I’m already a fan of LM Somerton’s books so I was excited to be given a chance to read the Investigating Love series. For those that aren’t a fan of BDSM books, you may not like this one. However the BDSM is on the lighter side and has minimal bondage. There’s more D/s than anything. I loved the BDSM but that’s something I enjoy immensely. The scenes where Conor lets go with Alex are amazing. He is beautiful in his submission. Alex is
~RMG
Feb 06, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Putting this one on the back-burner. The premise made the book out to be a lot better than it really is. The story started out okay, but soon moved into the blah category. Alex so far is a jerk, unprofessional, and a butthole. I feel badly for Conor, who in my opinion has been pushed into a corner. It annoys me to see Alex's behavior being twisted into something excusable by the author, just by making it seem that Conor is secretly turned on by it all. Meh... That's so not endearing this book to ...more
chelse carroll
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I absolutely loved this book. The detail was superb. Everything felt real and there were multiple times that I felt as if I was working the case alongside the characters. The passion between the main characters was explosive. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a mixture of crime/thriller and romance.
Riayl
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. I can see how some people might be distracted by thoughts of "this isn't really realistic" but it was the kind of stuff that while I had vague thoughts of "I'm not really sure things could/would work like this" they were fleeting and easily given the boot by my enjoyment of the story.

Now I'm ready for the next one! :)
KARLA
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice book!

It starts great, having sex, humor, suspense. The suspense part is well done, and holding the reader till the end. The D/S relationship developed a little to quickly, and made the D-character look a little unprofessional. Anyways, the idea was great, the development more or less, the ending was good. I intend to read the others books from the collection.
Elisa Rolle
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2014 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Jules Lovestoread
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars! Good mystery...Sexy D/s stuff...Great ending. Full review coming soon to http://thenovelapproachreviews.com/ !! :)

• He's Mine
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Cowboy Seeks Husband
Lucinda lives in a small village in the English countryside, surrounded by rolling hills, cows and sheep. She started writing to fill time between jobs and is now firmly and unashamedly addicted.

She loves the English weather, especially the rain, and adores a thunderstorm. She loves good food, warm company and a crackling fire. She's fascinated by the psychology of relationships, especially

Investigating Love (4 books)
  • Evil's Embrace (Investigating Love, #2)
  • Smuggler's Grasp (Investigating Love, #2.5)
  • Tarot's Touch (Investigating Love #3)