Start by marking “Damaged Like Us (Like Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
Damaged Like Us (Like Us, #1)

Damaged Like Us

(Like Us #1)

Don’t date your bodyguard.
It was the one rule he had to break.

Maximoff Hale is a force of nature. A ship unwilling to be steered. Headstrong, resilient, and wholly responsible — the twenty-two-year-old alpha billionaire can handle his unconventional life. By noon, lunch can turn into a mob of screaming fans. By two, his face is all over the internet.

Born into one of the
Published June 27th 2017 by K.B. Ritchie

To ask other readers questions about Damaged Like Us, please sign up.
must be tough for you, what with the dearth of heterosexual romance out there
Kelly Dávila I'm weird with you. On one hand, of there are no problems or stuff their characters, it won't feel read. On the other one, I'm so proud of the six as…moreI'm weird with you. On one hand, of there are no problems or stuff their characters, it won't feel read. On the other one, I'm so proud of the six as people and parents that I just want them to have raised almost perfect children. (less)

Becca Ritchie
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
IT'S LIVE! Happy Reading, everyone!!

Krista & I hope you enjoy all the OMFG moments, happy feelings, laugh-out-loud parts, and the heartfelt bonds! You don't need to read any of our previous novels in order to read Damaged Like Us -- it stands on its own as the start to a brand new series about American royalty & the bodyguards sworn to protect them.

*** 2017 UPDATE ***

The blurb and the release date are here! For all the extra info, check out the details on our blog post. P.S. the Like
Christy
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-five-stars
5 stars!!!

photo 19601116_10103944646458748_6266696057322551869_n_zpsgfuiz9qo.jpg

Reading another book with my favorite fictional family in it feels like coming home. Loren and Lily Hale are probably my #1 favorite book couple ever. Damaged Like Us is their son, Maximoff Hale’s, book. This can be read as a stand-alone, but I think for those of us that are huge Addicted fans, it will be even more special!
You all know me as Maximoff Hale. CEO of a nonprofit charity, one-time philosophy major, competitive swimmer, son of a sex addict mother and recovering alcoholi
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
4.25 Stars

I will literally - literally - read anything the Ritchie sisters write, especially anything about the Calloway/Cobalt/Meadows clan.

For serious though, I LOVE these families and I LOVE these characters.

This one was no different - and an MM on top of that! Woot woot.

I really enjoyed Maximoff and Farrow and I can't wait for the next.
Hell, it even made me feel like going back and re-reading the whole series.

*My Maximoff

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
DNF @ 50%

If I'm bored and frustrated halfway through, it's time to call it quits.

I loathed the narrative style. I don't want to be talked at. It's like the date who won't stop talking about themselves, and you're like, Check, please.

Don't TELL me; SHOW ME. Breaking the fourth wall is almost always a no-no in romantic fiction.

If I need a freaking Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the secondary characters, there are too many. I tried to read this book as a standalone, and it was an epic fail.

I
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

"I want you.
Only you."

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m on the pink clouds right now. Uhh I’m hot, I’m wet and I definitely need a shower when I get back home. :D

This book was super funny and sexy and I need more Moffy & Farrow!!!! I just can’t get enough of these two. Ahh they were so hot together and don’t even get me started with the sex scenes. Ahhh their chemistry were of the charts and this book literally wet my panties!!! LOL :P

And while I wait next book,

I need more Jane Cob
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
CURRENTLY FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! https://amzn.to/2SeEQh4

*brain error recognition*
*too happy to even properly form words*
*too emotional I feel like flying above the sky*

HOW AM I EVEN GOING TO REVIEW THIS?!?!? *INHALES, EXHALES* okay, okay. Let me try to express my love for this. (WARNING: FAN-GIRLING AND GUSHING IS COMING YOUR WAY)

Not to be dramatic, but like, this is the best book ever. Really. This may be my FAVORITE by Krista and Becca Ritchie. I don't think I've ever felt so alive after finishi
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
4 STARS
I broke the unbreakable rule. Don’t fuck your client.

So....confession time...
*whispers*
This is the first book I've read by these authors.
*ducks head in shame*
Yes, yes, I'm wearing the cone of shame as I write this, mkay? So quit looking at me with those judgy eyes already. I realize what I've been missing out on and currently kicking my own ass. Cut me some slack here.

I have all of their books on my TBR but for some unknown to me reason just never got around to reading them. I can t
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“Dear World, stop fucking with me. Sincerely, an agitated human.”

Maximoff Hale is the son of reality television star royalty. His entire life, he has known nothing but the spotlight, the constant nagging of the paparazzi, and has always had a body guard. But when his guard retires, Moffy is faced with having to spend his days with a new guard. He’s even more shocked when that new bodyguard ends up being his childhood crush, Farrow Keene.

Farrow is five years older than Moffy, and w
Amy | Foxy Blogs
FAMOUS
_________________
I remember when the twins mentioned creating this series and how excited I was to know I would be able to continue reading about my favorite famous families. The Hales, Meadows, and Cobalts, from the Addicted series, are now parents with their children are growing up in the limelight. Some of the kids are now young adults and the world wants a piece of them.

MOFFY
Moffy is Lily & Lo's 22-year-old son. He lives with hi
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 20, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
OMGGG!!!!! New series from Krista & Becca Ritchie!!

Spin-off of the amazing Addicted series!!!

The Like Us series is about a group of twenty-somethings raised in the public eye, with no control over their labels or how people perceive them. With a strong focus on family, romance, love, and college -- you'll witness three people tied by blood navigate life. Only difference between them and you: they're doing it all underneath the brightest, hottest -- sometimes unbearable -- spotlight.

*** I h
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"We're like lightning and thunder, inherently different but alike enough to share the same sky

description

If there is one thing that Krista and Becca Ritchie were unconditionally made for - It's to write stories that will complete and fill your heart.
This book made me fall in love even more with the Hales, Cobalts and Meadows and after finishing the Addicted Series, I didn't even know that was possible.
______________

The Romance
First things first, Maximoff Hale and Farrow Keene are a ship that I am whole
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

DNF at 45%

Damaged Like Us is my first book from the Ritchies (Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie) and I really struggled with it.

First of all, it's billed as a stand-alone when it's ANYTHING but. You really need to have read the Calloway sister series to follow along, and even then you should have a chart or map or something. I was totally, 100% lost when it came to the characters, and I eventually gave up trying to figure out who was who.

I really enjoyed the narration from J.F. Harding, who is
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
DNF 60% in.

Kind of sad to drop this one but I just don't think that those people (like me) who haven't read any of the Calloway Sisters series will enjoy it as much as those people who have.

There are just too many in-depth descriptions of secondary characters that I have little interest in since I haven't actually read any of their stories. I imagine if you've read Calloway Sisters you'd probably be just fine with this. Personally, I felt a bit lost and most of all, bored.

I cared primarily about
Wendy
I am a huge fan of these authors.... Like screaming fangirling huge !!

tumblr_mku0emDJcB1qf8btso1_250.gif (246×230)

So imagine how I felt when I found out that my favorite authors didn't only write a spin-off of one of my favorite series....but they also made it an MM one !!!

happy dream joy cinderella disney quote GIF

That's right !! This is Moffy's (Maximoff) story and we get us some man on man action <3

Now first things first... The authors say that this story can be read as a stand-alone and I agree...sort off. If you haven't read the "Addicted" and "Calloway" series, you can st
|3.5 stars|

Diving into the book I didn't know what to expect. I knew I missed the core six with all my heart but I was also aware this was not about them so separating that from what I really wanted was difficult at first and I found myself wondering when were Lily, Lo and the rest.

And while I enjoyed this book a lot, I didn't do it for the main couple. All the characters -The Hales, Meadows, Cobalts and the bodyguards were so damn interesting, I couldn't help but needing more of them and less o
prerna
1.5/5

(There are spoilers, but only Addicted spoilers are hidden)

Alright let's gooo.

1. The Hale Propaganda
Really, I've always had a feeling that despite K&B saying otherwise, the Hales (Lily & Lo) were clearly their favourite. And that's okay, I understand they were the original characters so they probably are more attached to them. But what's not okay is other characters suffering just for their benefit. Throughout Addicted the others (Connor & Rose, Daisy & Ryke) always, ALWAYS
Too Many Books Too Little Time
5 Stars!

12/6/2018 - Third time re-reading this one and I am going to go up a star. Farrow and Moffy never get old. Love them.

------------------------------------------------

03/22/2018 - Decided to do a re-read of this one after finishing book 3, which I rarely ever do. And I must say, I enjoyed it just as much the second time! My rating stands at 4.5 Stars!

------------------------------------------------

4.5 Stars!

Whelp! I liked this one. A lot.

I did read most of the other series. But not all.
Wil Loves Books!

Absolute Perfection! I’m so in love with this book. I know I normally say that when I absolutely love a book I just read but it’s the honest truth! All the love! I’m not sure how I’ll be able to wait until October for Book 2. Now forgive me in advance if I go on tangents or have a few rants on this review. This one is truly special to me.

It’s not a secret I’m a huge fan of the Addicted Series, huge.
Nazanin
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, mm-romance
3.75 Stars

Surprisingly I enjoyed this book! I said surprisingly because it hadn't a real/strong plot! It’s more about Maximoff’s siblings and his cousins, their relationships, their problems, and insecurities. But nothing special about Maximoff and Farrow’s relationship! I mean everything between them was simple! They just did their daily routines and enjoyed being with each other. and for the lack of the actual plot, it seems slow! But what can I say?! I was in the mood and enjoyed it! both cha
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Upgraded it to 5 stars!!! (June 4th second read)

(4.75 stars ALMOST PERFECT!!!)

Update June 4th - reread it and it's even better than the first time. :D - deserves every star!!!!

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

WOW!!! I had no idea how much this book would speak to me. I was sceptic at first. I honestly didn't think that this series could be as awesome as the Calloway Sisters - and luckily I was soooo WRONG!!!

Damaged Like Us is the beginning of an EPIC series. There is no be
Cam (abookeater)
Okay I have 1 question for all of you. WHY IS NOBODY MENTIONING THE INCEST USED AS A PLOT POINT? WHAT IS WRONG WITH Y'ALL?

I can't even begin to explain how disgusting this type of thinking is. Especially in a romance that's supposed to add "diversity" (because white cis gays written by white allocishet women are ~super~ revolutionary) to K&B's books. They've both given really weak excuses as to why they do the things they do and I'm honestly done with white mediocrity. Incest should never be
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Second re-read: 04.09.2018
I just couldn't help myself. I needed to remind myself my I liked the authors in the first place as the Addicted series didn't work at all for me. Plus, I've missed Maximoff and Farrow. I seriously hope we get more than 3 books for these two... because I need that. Really.
New Rating - 3.5 stars ---> I keep going back and forth.
I read into his words. “You think Moffy’s hot?”
“Everyone thinks Moffy’s hot.” Oscar rotates to me. “It’d be near impossible to find someon
Carol
The realease date for Lovers Like US is so close that I had to reread this once more before diving into the sequel. I'm so happy I did that because I forgot a lot of small details. I think it goes without saying that this book was just delightful and enchanting all over again! I think I loved it this second time around even more than the first. Farrow and Maximoff have burrowed themselves into my heart. I kind of want to reread this book again. Would that be overkill?

---

GURLLLLLLLL!
This is def
Jan
Jun 27, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish-dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF @39%
It's been 3 years since I read the Calloway Sisters series and I absolutely loved it! So, it's with a heavy feeling in my heart that I am throwing the towel in here.
Damaged Like Us tell us the story of Maximoff Hale, Lili's son.
Sadly, the OTT celebrity lifestyle was boring me to death. Besides, romance wise, almost nothing has happened so far. Not to mention the almost Doc/bodyguard, a hard pill to swallow.
I can't help asking myself: have I changed so much in the last three years or was
Jeannine Allison
*** Only 99c ***

Disclaimer: This is incredibly long... my bad, and I didn't proofread so if something doesn't make sense, again... my bad lol ;)

I fangirled like CRAZY when I found out this spin-off series (which can be read separately from the Addicted/Calloway books) was happening!! This shouldn't be too surprising since I'm OBSESSED with these authors and everything they write!!!! But I was beyond excited for Moffy and Farrow's story!

description

Truthfully, I wasn't sure what to expect from this. I assume
Sabrina
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: man-oh-man
Get it here:
Amazon * Barnes & Noble

Damaged Like Us was my first read from these authors, but certainly won't be my last. This book had the perfect amount of steaminess and angst to keep me intrigued through every chapter. There wasn't a bunch of drama between Moffy and Farrow, but there was a lot going on in both of their lives that brought all of the angst to the story. I liked both of these characters and their chemistry together was brilliant. I kept waiting for them to just rip each oth
Rose
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS EVERYTHING.

buddy read with my favorite, sharon 💓
Lyn
Audio – Fucking amazing!!!

Alexander Cendese as Farrow, personified the cocky, alpha bodyguard. He gave the perfect performance and voice to his character. Unfortunately, Farrow’s character was the only one he aced imo. 4 stars!!!

JF Harding, however, is an audio performing GOD!!! He embodied every character he gave voice too. 5 stars!!!

The story well… 2.5 stars

Too many characters from two previous series and characters who will eventually be getting their own stories taking up too much page tim
River
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 5-stars
Krista and Becca make a perfect introduction to a new series with a great story.

First I wanna clear some things for MM readers before I get deeper into the plot.
-This book and book 2 are going to be focused on Maximoff and Farrow, but there's no cliffhanger in their story, stuff happens around them that they have to deal with but their romance is solid.
-sex was done perfectly, it was the perfect amount of scenes, the scenes were definitely hot. These guys were super hot for each other but Krist
~Mindy Lynn~
5 GUARD MY BODY STARS!!!

I need to read the books about these young'uns parents. I'm pretty sure they are in the black hole that is my kindle drowning with all the other books that have been waiting patiently to be picked as my next read. (I really need to organize that thing) This happens to be my first book by these authors. I KNOW! But I will definitely move the parent books up on my TBR.

Now, about this book...

I really liked it. It was funny, sexy, and had a lot of fun characters that I loved
  • Unsuitable (Unsuitable, #1)
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • Commitment
  • To Be like Her...
  • The Invisible Lie
  • Gravity
  • Fighting Winter (Winter's Brothers, #1)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Merrick
  • Over Us, Over You
  • Tyrant
  • One Thousand Wishes
  • Thoroughly Whipped
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Twenty to Life
  • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
  • Veiled
  • Against the Grain (Against, #2)

NYT & USA Today Bestselling Authors Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. Now in their twenties, they write about other twenty-somethings navigating through life, college, and romance. They love superheroes, fl

Like Us (5 books)
  • Lovers Like Us (Like Us, #2)
  • Alphas Like Us (Like Us, #3)
  • Tangled Like Us (Like Us, #4)
  • Untitled (Like Us, #5)
“We're like lightning and thunder, inherently different but alike enough to share the same sky.” 26 likes
“I watched Maximoff Hale on-screen profess his undying love for Power Rangers and excitedly say, 'I hope that if I have a brother or a sister, they'll like Power Rangers too.'

Public Fact: Xander Hale is a Power Ranger every year for Halloween.”
15 likes