Start by marking “Deadly Sweet Lies (The Dream War Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Sweet Lies (The Dream War Saga, #2)

Deadly Sweet Lies

(The Dream War Saga #2)

Nadette Lawson knows when you’re lying.

320 pages
Published August 18th 2015 by Spencer Hill Press (first published May 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Sweet Lies, please sign up.
Erica Cameron Hello! There are four books planned in the series, so this shouldn't be the last one! Book three is written, but as of yet I don't have a release date…moreHello! There are four books planned in the series, so this shouldn't be the last one! Book three is written, but as of yet I don't have a release date for it. As soon as I know there will be announcements on ByEricaCameron.com as well as on my Twitter account (@ByEricaCameron). (less)

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Spencer Hill Press and NetGalley.)

“I’ve always been able to tell when people are lying. My brain has been weird my whole life.”

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

This was an okay sequel, and I liked catching up with the characters from book 1.

Nadette had a pretty useful ability in this book in knowing when people were telling lies, and Julian had the interesting ability that he was able to make people believe lies!

The storyline in th
Mizuki
DNF-ed@around page 140.

Perhaps it is a case of 'it isn't the book, it's me', but I can't keep myself to be interested with this fey-related YA novel. The teenage MCs, although I'm glad to see lesbian MC and asexual MC in YA, still they don't keep me interested. So, dropped.
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

I received an ecopy of this book in exchange for a honest review

MY THOUGHTS
Every time someone lies, Nadette has a bell ring inside her head. For the past two years, Balasura have been trying to convince Nadette to stay in her dreams, stay in their world. They want her ability, but her ability allows her to see through their lies. Now they're tired of waiting and will force her into submission by threatening her family and torturing her
Aneesa
Apr 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, netgalley
I received this book free in an exchange for an honest review

It is very rare I don't finish books, and I do try to read all of them especially if I have requested them but I just could not go through with this book. I felt like this book was another Lair of Dreams which took me forever to read, it was a similar concept considering of another wordly but in the dream landscape, hero and heroine fighting the battle against evil.

From what I read, Nadette and Julian are similar but have opposite qual
Alicia
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit, I didn't notice this book was the second to a series as I had requested an arc via netgalley. But thankfully that didn't matter, because I didn't realize until halfway in and this book works just fine on its own!

Now, the whole plot is extremely investing as why I really wanted to read this! I find the whole dream world to be super cool. I love my fantasy books! The different point of views for each chapter was a nice layout. I like how this book was easy to follow along and each P
Kushnuma
I received a free advanced e-book copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Deadly Sweet Lies is book 2 in the series.

I liked this book with its many truths and lies, although at times I could sort of predict what might happen and I turned out to be right. Also, I think the ending of the book could have been better.
Samantha
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, ya, supernatural
Deadly Sweet Lies starts off about a week before Mari's birthday. We get two points of view throughout the entire novel, just like in the first one, which I think is great. Julian is visited by Orane, just like Mari, he believes that Orane is the best friend he never had. Nadette on the other hand is different, instead of going into the dreamworld and being seduced by Paradise, she tells every single one of them no. But, instead of giving up and just letting her live her life, the Balasura hunt ...more
Rabidreading
Mar 17, 2014 marked it as to-read
GIMME! *grabby hands*

Can't wait to read this :)
A Reader's Heaven

Nadette Lawson knows when you're lying. Every night for the past two years, the Balasura have visited her dreams, enticing her to enter their world. And every night she's seen through their lies. Now, they're tired of playing in the shadows and they begin to stalk her in the waking world. It's no longer just an invitation; if Nadette doesn't join them, they'll take her family. Forever. She needs help, and the
Kara
Inas
Okay, I have to be honest. I didn't know that this book was the second in a series. I requested this book from NetGalley and read it at once without knowing there's a book I'm supposed to read first called Sing Sweet Nightingale. But, even though that's what happened, I still understood the story and nothing confused me at all. Later, I found out this was because the two books are narrated by different narrators and there's a huge time gap in between the events of the books.

Okay, moving on...

The
Thamy
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange of an honest review. Many thanks to Spencer Hill Press for trusting me with the task!

Terrible creatures named Balasura predate on young people with special powers to gain their trust and cultivate their abilities before taking them, leaving the user in eternal coma. Nadette has always been able to see through lies and thus she was never fooled, and suffered for that, being stalked inside her mind, receiving threatens to her whole family. Finally, she has a c
Ruthsic
Nadette Lawson knows when you’re lying.

Every night for the past two years, the Balasura have visited her dreams, enticing her to enter their world. And every night she’s seen through their lies. Now, they’re tired of playing in the shadows and they begin to stalk her in the waking world. It’s no longer just an invitation; if Nadette doesn’t join them, they’ll take her family. Forever. She needs help, and the haven she’s seeking may be just out of reach.

Julian Teagan is a master of deception.

To s
Nayab
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thoughts

I don’t even know where to start so I apologise in advance if my review descends in to fangirl speak at times and nothing else.

Okay confession, I was so caught up in what I was reading I can’t remember anything except thinking “Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God I need to read faster!” that’s how on the edge of my seat I was.

I never really got the phrase breathless with anticipation until now, because I was breathless with anticipation. I literally forgot to breath at times (don’t worry it
Amber at Fall Into Books
Deadly Sweet Lies wasn't half as good as its predecessor, in my opinion. The characters were kind of weak, and the little bit of world-building still wasn't sufficient, in my opinion. The writing was pretty good, but the pacing was super slow. It just didn't hold my interest as well as Sing Sweet Nightingale. I did enjoy seeing what happened to the characters of the first book, but the ending of this one really freaking sucked. I just wasn't blown away.

Nadette was a pretty strong character for
Tonja Drecker
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Netgalley and made the mistake of reading it without diving into book one first. Although it wasn't too hard to get into the plot and understand what was going on, it took a bit for me to connect to the characters--something I'm sure would have been no problem if I would have started this series from the beginning.

The first pages were a little confusing. The first, short scene was grabbing, but then it dives into a dream world, and I was lost for a moment. But this was
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

Two runaways. Two stories. One safe haven.

The war that began (for us anyway) in Dream Wars #1 snakes out to Julian in Nevada and Nadette in Florida chasing them together in an attempt to survive the wrath of the dream world demons. Chasing them until their stories collide briefly with Mariella’s and Hudon’s towards the end syncing them together.

Despite a few nicks and tid-bits here and there, dang, I still found this book entertaining, fast-paced, and a bundle of great paran
Ann
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I liked the world-building in this book, and the use and function of the powers was interesting. But (view spoiler) ...more
Courtney
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
It took me a little bit of extra effort to get into this book. I thought it was going to be another book about two people's experiences in the dream world, just like with Mariella in the first book. I wasn't really up for that. Fortunately, it didn't turn out to be that at all. I enjoyed getting to know Nadette and Julian. I felt incredibly sorry for them, especially Julian. What a life. He just wanted a friend. He just wanted to trust someone. The king of liars didn't have the best judgement. I ...more
Ashley
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it
When I requested this book I had no idea it was second in a series. I didn't even realize it until I came to write this review. Now that I do know, the characters from book one make much more sense now.
The dream world was easy to envision and it really captured me! By the end I was really hoping there would be a little more, but unfortunately I have to wait for the next books release. I'm very curious to learn more about some of the people we didn't get much information about. There were some
Lisa fletcher
Wow what a fantastic read I really enjoyed reading this book.it was an amazing adventure I just lost myself in the book for hours it felt like I was walking along side the characters in the book. I truly recommend this book to anyone and everyone who wants a book to get lost in.thank you for letting me read and review your wonderful story it was an honour and I will definitely be on the look out for more books from this author.
Heather Wood
I LOVED the first book in this series, but I'm finding it hard to connect with the characters in this one. I may go back to it later, but haven't been able to read through it just yet. Would still read more from the author, this one just isn't working for me. No rating.
Hristina
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Copy received through NetGalley.

A great sequel, I must say. I enjoyed the new POVs to the story, they were quite well-written, they were easy to differentiate. The plot was interesting, I love fast paced novels.
With only few moments that I disliked, this was a great read.
Natalie
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
i really liked book 1 in this series and same with the second book. most importantly we get an asexual main character, which is so important! i almost screamed at that ending cuz ahhhhh well you'll have to see for yourself.

and i need book 3 right away!
LMG
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Page turner once you're in it, lots of actions you never get bored and amazing characters development! Can't wait for the next one!
Liza Wiemer
Jenifer
Jan 22, 2019
Olivia
Oct 20, 2016
  • The Perfect Assassin (The Chronicles of Ghadid, #1)
  • Indigo Incite (Indigo, #1)
  • Deviation (Clone Chronicles #2)
  • Brave Enough
  • The Clouded Sky (Earth & Sky, #2)
  • Beyond Reach (True Calling, #2)
  • Under An Adirondack Sky
  • Steam and Sensibility (Sensibility Grey #1)
  • Heart in a Box
  • Olivia Decoded (Olivia Twisted, #2)
  • The Vengeful Half
  • Mend Your Heart (Bounty Bay, #4)
  • Spirit of the Valley
  • Dark Ocean Princess (The Cursed Seas Collection)
  • Death at Glacier Lake
  • Not Anything
  • The Thirteenth World (The Corridor Duology #2)
  • That Night with the CEO
After a lifelong obsession with books, Erica Cameron spent her college years studying psychology and creative writing, basically getting credit for reading and learning how to make stories of her own. Now, she’s the author of several series for young adults. She’s also a reader, asexuality advocate, dance fan, choreographer, singer, lover of musical theater, movie obsessed, sucker for romance, Flo ...more

The Dream War Saga (2 books)
  • Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga, #1)