Start by marking “Life's a Bitch and Then You Change Careers: 9 Steps to Get You Out of Your Funk & on to Your Future” as Want to Read:

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Life's a Bitch and Then You Change Careers: 9 Steps to Get You Out of Your Funk
Published November 28th 2005 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Life's a Bitch and Then You Change Careers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life's a Bitch and Then You Change Careers

Lindsey Lang
Mar 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
it was ok, i didn't actually completely finish it, the exercises were actually rather frustrating. you couldn't really keep going if you didn't think of like 3 words to describe yourself or what you're good at or what you wanted.........just seemed sort of elementary and nothing that you can't figure out for yourself. i was kind of disappointed and thus never finished it. a better book i can recommend is one i'm currently reading by barbara winter called making a living without a job. see my rev ...more
Kristie J.
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It's an excellent book to read if you're not sure how to change careers or what you want to do next. The nine steps were very easy to follow. I liked being led me step-by-step in a straightforward manner to figure out what I like and dislike about my current job, skills I enjoy using, and how I should approach changing careers. I wrote directly in the book on the lines provided. I feel more confident and prepared to change careers after reading this book.
L
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Despite the somewhat tacky title, a re-read of this book was most helpful with some suggestions on how to focus my job search and best present my qualifications, based on the person I want to be in the work world, and where I want to be that person...really opened my eyes to some options I had not considered. Also, has enough humor built in to not be boring.
Abd Alaziz
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I am taking a really long time into reading this book. Soul-searching, pondering, wondering, writing it down..

Making sure I am asking myself the right questions, answering them, and keeping a record of it before making a career change.
Tricia
May 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking to find a meaningful career
A terrific book for anyone looking to understand what the next step is in their career, young or seasoned. Be prepared to work, since this is the only way to truly knowing what lies in your heart and on your path. I haven't come across a better career book in my time.
Susan
Mar 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Good workbook for thinking through the possibilities for a change of career. Anyone looking for work should listen to Andrea Kay.
Ashley
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Probably one of the better career books I've read.
Mnhawkhoya
Apr 09, 2008 is currently reading it
Excellent so far.
Marla
Apr 12, 2014 added it
placeholder - didnt read this but something like it
Jan 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Great questions to get you to reflect on what aspects of your past jobs you like and what skills you enjoy using as a means to finding a career that suits those best.
Barb Lawrence
Aug 23, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
As far as career counseling goes, face-to-face help is preferable. As far as books go though, this one is as good as you could get. I found it helpful.
Linds
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychology
I read this as a library book so I couldn't mark it up but it seems very useful. I will likely buy it.
Carol
Feb 29, 2008 is currently reading it
A gift from my friend Melissa....we'll see if it helps me figure out what I want to do when I grow up.
Debbie Stephens