Start by marking “Room 212” as Want to Read:

Room 212

In every life there is always that...one.

Twenty-one year old Laura Sedgwick is a rebel without a cause. Her only plans for life are to make no plans. She revels in her fascination of the unexpected as she navigates her way through mid -1990’s Dallas nightlife. One very bad night brings her face to face with the one man likely to change her mind about…well...everything.

Twen
Published March 27th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Room 212, please sign up.

Rachel Reads Ravenously
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

At twenty one Laura met the love of her life. After having broken up with her boyfriend and temporarily resting in a park, she's hit in the face with a frisbee. Seth is at first turned off by Laura's bitchiness, but when the two randomly meet again later that night, they see another side of each other and form a connection.

After months of dating despite their differences (
Christy
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!
 photo 91a00cb8-f7a7-47b3-b5bc-c55419a6d703_zpse161bdca.jpg
Love is a lot of things, but it’s not kind.

Not all romances and love stories are hearts and flowers. Some couples have real fights, real issues and their happily ever afters don’t come easy. Room 212 depicted that. This was a raw story of a girl trying to find herself. She found her first love along the way. This love didn’t come easy. It was full of heartache and drama. But it was real.

photo efc0c954-f65b-40a4-8d20-5bd297207e2d_zps5c682773.jpg

Laura has been let down by love. She’s a questionable character when we first meet her. Laura is a
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 Mental Whiplash Stars!

photo B9A1B51F-849B-4FFF-B9DB-55CC6C838C97_zpsfclzljgu.jpg

Room 212
was recommended to be quite some time ago and time had just gotten away from me until I could sit down and devour this story. I'd loved Loving the White Liar by Kate Stewart and knew that I wanted to check out her other CR works. So no time but the present..

One word to describe this book---ANGST. If you're not a fan of angst, don't bother. It's actually a book where if I describe much, I think readers may run for the hills! The heroine is Laura Sedwick, ex trus
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

Holy Angstfest!! I hit the freakin' angst mother lode with this book and what a sweet, heartbreaking ride it was. I didn't want it to end.

I had actually read The Fall and The Mind before I read this book and I was a little disappointed that I hadn't read this first. LET ME TAKE THAT BACK!! This book was sooo good that I think I wouldn't have liked those books as much. They are nowhere as angsty!

So let me explain the connection...In this book, we have Laura and Seth who just happens to
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2 STARS

I think this is one of those books where it starts off wonderfully and as you gradually read, the original appeal of the story fades away and you start deducting stars because of the ridiculous character dialogue and underdeveloped plot. Combined with a hard-to-get-into writing style and certain word choices that rubbed me the wrong way, this book was a huge miss for me.

Some things I liked:

The cover
The title and the meaning behind it – that was very unique and a nice twist
The premise – b
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
It is true that love is not always rainbows and sunshine. Not every happy ending is paved from perfectly laid plans of roses and devotion. The love story in Room 212 was raw...angry...true.

photo PhotoGrid_1440724098135_zpsznkfa7hy.jpg

Laura is a 21 year old woman roaming into adulthood. With the 90s culture as her backdrop she is quite the free spirited soul. Unashamed of herself she embraces the rhythm of life. Drugs, booze, possible love, and definite sex abound. Her life choices are questionable at best.

She is hit in the face with fate
Fabi
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cr, published-2014
This was a 5* book that I absolutely hated.

Let me explain...

I don't do well with sad books and this book had some sad parts. It also had a lot of those "noooo don't do that" moments along with those "awww so sweet" ones. This: “Mom, it hurts. It hurts so much, I can’t breathe, Mom. I can’t breathe!” made me cry. Honest to goodness, real tears. These MCs gutted me. Fantastic story. A few editting issues. If you like ultra angsty reads, don't miss out on this one.
Feminista
Mar 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Rating: 1 out of 5.

I took some time to write this review. I spent about an hour after finishing the book, reviewing what I read and how I felt about it. An hour later, I am not feeling better. Which is quite a pity because I loved this author's other novel Loving the White Liar.

(view spoiler)
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
***** 5 Young Hearts Are Meant Forever Stars ****

This book just makes me HAPPY!!!! Sing with me.... I'm so haaaapppppyyyyy!!

photo dance_zpsh6e0yvud.gif

This will be short and sweet!
If you like...
a little drug use
accidental overdose
sex with the wrong man
hate filled words
ultimately leading to the now youngens as adults....
falling back in love
hot sex
stubbornness
tears
and one HELL OF A GOOD EPILOGUE

THEN THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU!!

Meet Laura....
 photo laura_zpsoq0sjhvb.jpg

and

Seth
 photo PaulWalkerHairstyles-6_zpsbsvbwso1.jpg

These two fall in love hard and br
Michelle
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy angst. Room 212 is one of those books that I stumbled upon a while ago but never started it. So when I was told that The Fall was a sort of spin-off, I had to read it before I started Dallas & Dean’s story. Boy was I glad that I did. Although I am sure you can tell from my updates, that this book might have pushed some buttons.

Laura and Seth’s relationship is anything but easy. They are complete opposites but irrevocably drawn to one another. Room 212 is not an easy love story, but not
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
6/5 stars

Room 212 so deserves all the stars I've given it. I was recommended this book and bought it without reading the synopsis. I went into it blind.

Wow.

The prologue sucked me in and squeezed the life out of me. I gave my heart willingly such as the main character, Laura.

Laura is a bitch. She doesn't take shit from anyone and she likes it that way. That is until she meets Seth.

The book tells us the story of how Laura met the charming Seth, and how her life was forever changed the moment h
S.M. West
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 KARMA STARS

“Numb again. Love again. Fuck it.”

I did not know what to expect of this book. I was looking for a quick read and went in blind. I was pleasantly surprised.

“Very few people get a chance to spend their lives with their first love. It’s a gift.”

The story of Laura, the 'fly by the seat of your pants' wild child and Seth, 'I've got my life planned out' guy, was a wonderful story of second chances, karma and how the mistakes of our youth can be mended with time.

Laura meets Seth when h
Lisa
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Favorite of 2014

HOLY FREAKING COW!
Seriously, WOW! I am beyond stunned with how truly marvelous Room 212 is. It blew me out of the water with its surprising turn of events. Never have I read a book where I felt like I was hanging by a thread, the way Room 212 made me feel. And not only that, the characters are superb and I love them oh so much, and the writing was beyond spectacular.

Laura and Seth were complete opposites. But you know what they say, "Opposites Attract." And they most certainly
Liz
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Unexpected Took Hold of You Heart Stars - River of Tears included
Room 212 was really unexpected. I loved the blurb and cover (really caught my attention), but there was so much more amongst the pages. The moment I finished, I had to read another novel by Kate Stewart. I was floored to find out there was just ONE Novel under the author’s name. WHAT!!!! A . DEBUT . NOVEL . PEOPLE!!!! Yes this book was that fantastic!
Hooked from the very beginning and knew there was no turning back, this was
Saunders
The story begins with Laura Segwick standing in room 212. Recapturing what happened in that room the day before.

She knew she was a glutton for punishment.

She should clean room 212 and leave the memory of him behind.

She should come to her senses but that was something she hadn’t done since he had shown his face.

The pillow she held still smelled of him

She knew there was no erasing Seth Whitaker and when tomorrow comes she knew she would still be clinging to that pillow.

Laura Sedgwick hated lov
Michelle
May 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Beth
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Clean Towels and Karma Stars

The nice thing about staying at hotel is the clean towel. Clean sheets. And you don't have to do the laundry. Someone else comes in and picks up the wet towels and gives you back fluffy ones. I always try to make a nice neat pile of the towels so they don't have to go all around the room picking up towels. I figure its the least I can do. Like laundry karma. This book has plenty of both. Hotel rooms and karma. Good combo.

Laura believes in karma. She has been raise
Sharon Dunn
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I could, I would give these book more than five stars!!! Absolutely one of the best reads of the year! I was asked by Kate to read this book and let her know what I think. Well, I feel honored! When I started, I wasn't sure what to expect from the title, it kind of through me off. What I did find was one of the best and most awesome books that I have read! It is a true love story over the span of a decade. I felt every up and down moment with Laura and Seth and at times, just wanted to choke ...more
Paula
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

4.5 STARS

F@ck me. This book hurt. I love a contemporary romance with a couple that will make your head spin they are so incredibly intense and passionate together. This book gave me butterflies on one page, then punched me in the gut on the next one. Oh the FEELS! This book is so damn good!
Malene
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fav-author
Damn! I just can't get enough of Kate Stewart's work. After I had read The Fall I knew, I needed to know the origin story of Laura and Seth. Even though I knew they got their happy ending, I was still intrigued by how they got it and what they had to go through to get there.
This was her first book and yet I couldn't tell. It felt rich and full of her interesting and complex characters, who's going through real and relevant problems.

It doesn't matter what actions her characters make, if their hor
Sonny's Reads
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Kate Stewart is now one of my favorite authors ever. This is such a different book than it appears to be. You think you are getting one thing and then you realize she is taking you somewhere else completely. Everything about this one was beautiful. Emotional, funny, sexy (oh so damn hot) and a heart breaker all into one. This is definitely one of my favorite books of 2014. NO this IS MY FAVE of 2014. This book hangover will be mostly due to the fact that Seth is now my #1 favorite book boyfriend ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Not all love stories and happy ever afters come easy and nothing is more from the truth than for Laura and Seth. Each have their issues but together the seemed to centre each other, until they didn't. Maybe love came for them too early, maybe they just were not ready but sometimes fate has other ideas. Fate gives them a second chance but are either or both too stubborn to take it?

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, as much as Seth was hard to love in the beginning he certainly made his mark by the
~Savannah~
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing !!! review to come .
Heather

This book spans fourteen years and we get a look at what happens when two worlds collide. Laura is a free spirit with a huge personality. She doesn't really follow the rules and she doesn't apologize for it. She sees something in Seth that he doesn't see in himself.

Seth is the college boy who is on the path to success. He has a plan and he is bound and determined to follow it. He plans to make something of his life.

When Seth and Laura come together, they ignite. The love and the tenderness that
Iris M. de Leon-Wade
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I will start with how honored I felt to read this unedited version. Kate does it again. She pills you in and forces you to care for her characters. I love this about her work. I couldn't put it down I stayed up all night to finish it. I laughed and literally cried tears for Laura. I had to wipe my eyes quickly just to keep reading. I'm a total masochist so this was absolutely the perfect book for me. I highly recommend this book to all who enjoy really intense emotions from characters. I very ea ...more
Juanita
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Oh wow this book hurt. Seth and Laura's story was one heck of a bumpy ride. The love is raw and gritty. Loved the epilogue! Can't wait to read her others - this is my first by Kate Stewart
Edee Fallon
I loved this story. I can't wait for the rest of the world to read it.
Bindi Boo
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book made me MAD!!! The first 50-ish% was amazing, then it became my nightmare as everything spiraled out of control based on a stupid, stupid decision. Not my regular romance book, had many dark elements to it that made me cringe most times.
But, the writing was spectacular. This author nails it every time with the feels.

Shyralf
3 1/2 Stars!
Judy.Ca
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, s
I have loved all KS's books but this one wasn't my favorite...Seth and Laura were young and so stupid and not much changed when they got older...Seth was a complete asshat...
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable #2)
  • My Dear Stranger
  • Landslide
  • Personal Experiences (Personal, #1)
  • Double Betrayal (Surviving #3)
  • Noah and Me
  • Always
  • Before the Storm (Storms of Life, #2)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • After All Is Said and Done - A Novel of Infidelity, Healing, & Forgiveness
  • Interrupted (Progress, #2)
  • Maldeamores: Lovesick (Maldeamores, #1)
  • A Woman Gone Mad (A Woman Gone Mad, #1)
  • Three Hearts, One Soul (Soul, #1)
  • Blurred Lines
  • Secrets Unveiled (Secrets, #2)
  • Disclosure of the Heart (The Heart, #2)
  • Break Through
USA Today bestselling author and Texas native, Kate Stewart, lives in North Carolina with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. She pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance, as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense, because it's what she loves as a reader. Her books have been translated into five languages.

Kate is a lover of all things '80s and '90s, especially John Hu
“I was a little morally screwed up. I found my footing though, and I took the hard road to do it. I figured out a few things.

Oh yeah, what did you figure out?

That I am nothing without God. I was right about money, it isn’t everything, and I am more capable than I or anyone else thought.

So there’s no hero for you?

I am my own hero.”
14 likes
“You know Laura Lynn, our God is a jealous God, you love something more than him he is bound to take it away.” 12 likes