Start by marking “Tarah Woodblade (Bowl of Souls, #6 / Jharro Grove Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tarah Woodblade (Bowl of Souls, #6 / Jharro Grove Saga, #1)

Tarah Woodblade

(The Bowl of Souls #6)

A Bowl of Souls Novel

The war is over, but there is a void of power that must be filled and no shortage of souls eager to fill it.

Tarah Woodblade was the best guide and tracker in the land, but she ran away from the war. She returns to Dremaldria expecting to be labeled a coward, but finds herself lauded as a hero. It seems a hero is needed too, because someone is hunti
Published March 10th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Tarah Woodblade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tarah Woodblade

Timothy Mcnamara
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As I have read all of the books in the first bowl of souls series I was looking forward to reading Tarah Woodblade I have to be honest I was not disappointed in reading this book.
I like it that while we are introduced to a new leading lady we are meeting characters who have been mentioned in the previous books it is helping to broaden this world that has been created.
It's good to still see that justin the leading man from the first series makes an appearance in this book. You don't want to for
Melissa Hayden
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, fantasy
Tarah struggles with who she is. She doesn't understand who's inside because she's left other people's thoughts of her affect her. She comes to learn from Djeri, who becomes dear to her, that she's who she is through actions not what people think of her. This is a strong lesson for Tarah, and what readers can take from the story too.

****FULL REVIEW****
*This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBlast dot co
Scott
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Tarah, a Dwarf, and a Red Staff Adventure

Terah Woodblade is the sixth book in the “The Bowl of Souls” series and the first book in the “The Jharro Grove” saga, however it is the first book I have read in the series. Because this was my entry into the series, there were a few plot items I believe I missed had I read the previous five books. The author does a good job of providing enough backstory to assist readers with some high-level details to better understanding events from the earlier books.
Martha
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good action, strong characters, an interesting plot and good narration work together to make this an engaging listen. My rating 4.5.

Tarah Woodblade drags herself back to her home town expecting to be scorned because she ran when war broke out. She is surprised when she is hailed as a hero. After all she did lead many people to safety that fateful night before she disappeared. Now she just has to reconcile with her own guilt.

Before she can even make it to her off the path home, she is pulled in f
Douglas Cook
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, fantasy
Hurray! I found a new author. Great characters. Now I will start with book 1...

first sentences of chapter 1
“You got money on ya?” asked one of the scruffy men, an evil gleam in his eye. Tarah fought down her nerves and breathed in the situation using all the training her papa and grampa had given her. She sensed three men altogether, but the two standing in front of her were the immediate threat. They were unshaven and filthy and wore cast-off armor that had been badly damaged and messily repair
Joanne Tompkins
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great entertainment

The writer wraps his story around his characters they come to life very quickly in such realistic ways. They show strengths and weaknesses and reasons why they do the things they do. They are such a lovely group of people which shows what must truly be in the heart of the writer. Mr Cooley is someone I could easily become friends with. The stories and plots keep you on the edge of your seat and you can hardly wait to see what is going to happen next.
Bill Tillman
Tarah Woodblade is a gal with a self image problem. That includes a talking father and grandfather inside her head after they have passed to the other side some time ago. Tarah is hired by the Mage School to find a rogue horse, a magical creature nearly as intelligent as humans. Tarah can touch tracks and traces and get feedback as to who and when what she is tracking left the imprint. Great start to a continuing saga of "The Bowl of souls".
Amanda Kern
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can not wait

he said the second book of this series will be out by summer 2014. I can not wait. I really want to know what happens next especially considering the ending. this book is as good as the other bowl of souls series. I can not wait.
Rodrigo Da silva
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a really fun first book for this new saga. Tarah is a very interesting character.
Christy Beal
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
New characters, but same great writing. Excellent read.
Shayla Gibson
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty slow to get into this one, but about half way through the author called himself out on a couple of things that had been bothering me (3rd person self-referencing, "turds"), and things got easier to follow after that.

The story has some interesting things - the idea of rogue horses (magically created chimeras) is interesting and I wish they'd been more active characters in the story. The take on gnomes is a new one, and the interaction of gnome and human societies was fun to see. Overall st
Scott Wozniak
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a fun fantasy adventure. The characters are realistic and likable (and not stuck in stereotypes). The only reason I give four stars is because the story stayed focused on the personal growth of the eponymous lead character and only at the end did we connect to a larger story.

Note: while it's not essential that you read the previous Bowl of Souls series, it is highly recommended as there are multiple spoilers for those books.
T.
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded Tarah Woodblade as a free book from Amazon. I really enjoyed the world-building for this fantasy story. The characters were fascinating, and the ploy kept me interested from the first chapter. Although Tarah Woodblade didn't end in a cliffhanger, there were some threads left open--I'll be looking for the next book of this series, as I'd love to see what happens next.
cliff Askey
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Irritating

The characters habit of referring to herself by her full name quickly becomes so irritating that it detracts from the story.
The writing is good and otherwise the story seemed engaging but this foible just irritated me enough to spoil N otherwise great read.
SHERRY
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK. FAST READ! THE NEXT IN THE SERIES IS "PROTECTOR OF THE GROVE" AND I LOVED IT AS WELL. I'M READING THE 3rd ONE, "OGRE'S APPRENTICE" NOW.
Ogmius Kill
Aug 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
Tarah Woodblade, is the first book of "The Jharro Grove Saga" however it is the sixth book in "The Bowl of Souls series". That said I would recommend avoiding this book, that is unless you are already a fan of the series and Trevor H. Cooley's work in general. This story did not have the depth of character development needed, to both pull the reader in and advance the story line. There are at least two moderate side stories going on during this book, with no perceptible correlation to the rest o ...more
NelsenandKatie
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Warning to all those thinking of starting into this Saga!

1. Its awesome, and the finale is nearly perfect.
2. This book begins and ends with a brand new character. Very few of the people from the original Saga appear here. So go into it with a fresh mind.

At the time of writing this review, I have read the entire Saga. As I had stated prior to, the finale is amazing the new villain that sees his beginning here, is probably one of the most interesting I have seen in a novel. His tale alone is enoug
Deborah
This was a good listen. The pace was steady and the narration excellent. The epilogue hints at what I assume is the beginning of the next book in the series.

"This audio book was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobookboom"
Lyndsy
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm intrigued to see how this all fits in with the rest of the series. You don't see too much overlap with the other books.
Hugh Myron
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Romantic story line killed whatever plot and character building this story had.

The Archon and Dark queen story arch is hilarious though. The protagonist's is not, however.
Dantegideon
Feb 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Poor start. Decent overall.
Patricia J West
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Growing up a Woman in a Man's World

A. Good adventure story! It got a little gory and vicious, then it got a little romantic. I would read it again, not age specific.
James Barnes
Feb 21, 2015
Kaniela Denis
Nov 29, 2017
Great Series 1 3 Jun 23, 2014 05:42AM

• Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • If A Dragon Cries (The Legend of Hooper's Dragons Book 1)
  • Nightborn (Thrones & Bones, #2)
  • Golden Mane (The Adventures of Sarah Coppernick, #1)
  • Thorn Ogres Of Hagwood (The Hagwood Trilogy, #1)
  • The Dragons Revenge (Tales from the New Earth, #2)
  • Darkin: A Journey East
  • The Legend of the Flaming Dragon
  • Feel the Burn (BirthRight Trilogy #3)
  • Tolkien's Ring
  • The Violet Fairy Book
  • The Sword and the Dragon (The Wardstone Trilogy, #1)
  • Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Ennara, #1)
  • Trusted (Dragons' Trust, #1)
  • The Sartious Mage (The Rhythm of Rivalry, #1.5)
  • The Sudarshana (80AD, #4)
  • The Dragoneers (The Chronicles of Susah, #1)
I was born in South Carolina and have lived all around the United states. Utah, New Mexico, Michigan and Tennessee.

I started reading novels in second grade and my love of Fantasy started with Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain series. I couldn't get enough, continued with David Eddings, Tolkein, Robert Jordan. All I wanted was to become a published writer.

The characters and concepts that even

The Bowl of Souls (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Eye of the Moonrat (The Bowl of Souls, #1)
  • Messenger of the Dark Prophet (The Bowl of Souls #2)
  • Hunt of the Bandham (The Bowl of Souls, #3)
  • The War of Stardeon (The Bowl of Souls, #4)
  • Mother of the Moonrat (The Bowl of Souls #5)
  • Protector of the Grove (The Bowl of Souls, #7 / Jharro Grove Saga, #2)
  • The Ogre Apprentice (The Bowl of Souls, #8 / Jharro Grove Saga, #3)
  • The Troll King (The Bowl of Souls Book 9)
  • Priestess of War (The Jharro Grove Saga Book 5)
  • Behemoth (The Jharro Grove Saga Book 6)