Start by marking “Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6)” as Want to Read:
Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6)

Immortal

(Fallen Angels #6)

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author who has kept readers on the edge of their seats with her phenomenal Fallen Angels novels, comes one of the most heart-stirring and eagerly anticipated events in that acclaimed series.

The Creator invented the game, and the stakes are nothing less than the fate of the quick and the dead: seven souls, seven crossroads. Reluctant savi
Published October 7th 2014 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about Immortal, please sign up.
Sharon Davies When will we see Eddie and Adrian interact with Lassiter and the Brothers?

Start your review of Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 Anticlimactic Stars

*******Spoilers**********

So of all the on going plot of this series I have been liking and following the Jim/Sissy love story, and of course the battle for 7 souls to rule the world!

Oh wait wrong book lol, anyways So this book was a total anticlimactic let down. The whole Sissy/Jim saga was built up for the whole series and when they got together it was just meh. The battle with Devina was meh. The plot didn'Stars
♥ℳelody
Jim Heron
 photo JimHerron.jpg
 photo d787f0e1d0d1ce6e16b330754e8cc6e4.jpg

The finale to the Fallen Angels series, it’s been a fun ride. My honest reaction to this is that I didn't want to say goodbye, especially to Jim. The last chapter? Omg. THE LAST CHAPTER.

photo tumblr_m3qrf8lvmz1qk5o5fo1_500.gif

photo 28_503651.gif

Don't judge me. The ending did me in, I wasn't expecting that. It takes a lot to get me to blubber when reading but here I was ready to curl into a bastars
Jim
Alex is The Romance Fox
The final book in the Fallen Angels Series…and it so failed to impress me!!!! Everything comes together in this book…all tied up at last….and it so felt a bit flat for me!!! I really struggled to get through it…

This has not my favorite series by JR WARD…that title belongs to the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series….however there were some books that I did like… but mostly it’s been a bit of a hit and miss!!.

Here are some of my thoughts on this “fallen angels finale”:
 photo Legion-1_zps242260ac.jpg

1. I really liked Jim Heron, the sav
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3.5 stars. Soooooo...I got through the series. I feel like I should be asking someone for a cookie. I don't know why. It's not even that I had a bad time reading the books. Hell, it's very rare that I read any book series all-in-a-row. Blame it on the back-to-back nose break then flu which kept me in bed, and the "why the hell not, I don't feel like trying to figure out a new world every time I pick up the next book" feeling.

BUT...most of the books in this series were 3 star books at best. While one
Gavin
Dec 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little shocked when I learned that Immortal was to be the final book in the Fallen Angels series because I had always assumed there was going to be seven books to match the seven deadly sins and the seven souls. I grew a bit more worried when I learned this book was the shortest book in the series so far. It left me wondering if perhaps J.R.Ward had grown bored of the series and just wanted it concluded quickly.

The first third of the book did nothing to alleviate my worries. It was a bit slow
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Please note: I didn't accept to read this book. I declined it because it was the last book in a series. But it was sent home to my anyway and I read it because I am both stubborn and dutiful. So if you like this book series you will probably don't like this book review. But before you write to me and complain, bear in mind that I have the freedom to express my thoughts to writing down what I thought about the book!

The creator has created a game, in which Jim, a champion from heaven, fights against Devina a demon f
Jen Davis
This series has been hit and miss for me lately. JR Ward can really wow me with her romances and she shines with the heat factor. Generally, she’s at her best with f’ed up heroes who are transformed by a love they would never thought they would get. It’s been the individual romances that have sustained this series for me, while the overall arc has been downright painful at times. The hero, Jim, has become increasingly annoying, crossing into the TSTL arena. And sadly, this book is all about him ...more
Emily Rose
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Wow! I am just stunned at how good this book was! There could not possibly have been a better ending to the Fallen Angels series. Immortal was absolutely perfect in every way and, try as I may, I cannot think of a single thing that could have made it better. I also can't think of a single thing that I didn't like. I LOVED every single page of it. From the very first page this final showdown between good and evil takes off running and there is never a dull moment from beginning to end. Here's just a few thi ...more
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3.5 “Fallen Stars"

I have honestly really enjoyed this series, and this being the final “Fallen Angels” book, J.R. Ward has tied everything up nicely. Sadly it fell flat to me, it was good but not as great as I was hoping it would be ( and thought it could be in my opinion ). It just felt sort of anti-climatic to me.

Jim is suppose to be the “Savoir” in this war of Good vs Evil/God vs Devil and yet he was ready give up the fight with Davina because "If Sissy can't go to heaven there's no sense in winning the war." Re(
Kayla
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was a mess. Everyone's voice has gotten lost due to all the slang. It's too much. Not everyone has to talk like that. Overkill.

Devina is still my favorite. I loved the therapy sessions and it finally hit me half way through what that was. I really liked it.

I still can't stand Jim. A few redeeming actions but mostly just an arrogant obsessive asshole. "If Sissy can't go to heaven there's no sense in winning the war." ummm really? Yes I guess the entire world shou
Raine Miller
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Brilliant' is the first word that comes to mind. JR Ward never ceases to astound me in her ability to create the worlds in which her characters live. Immortal was my favorite book in the Fallen Angels series and a perfect fitting end to the plots and twists of the epic war between good and evil. I loved how the "souls" played out one by one until the last, and the growth of Jim and Devina throughout the books, as well as the supporting cast. My heart was totally content by the end of this book. ...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
It wasn't perfect. It wasn't as intense. But it was a great story, with unexpected twists and a sweet ending!
Rosanna
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe its over :(

I'm going to miss these characters so much, although I think a couple of them may end up in BDB, or so I hope.

I loved the ending of this series. Ward did a fantastic job tying everything up perfectly, but not too perfect which made it, well, perfect.
Arielle Rae Aguilar
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, pnr-uf
EDIT: It was sooo good!

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME!

When I first saw this:

FINALLY! There is a cover which looks oh so frikin' cool!

And a short

short

short

blurb

"... the most heart-stirring and eagerly anticipated events in that acclaimed series."

HOLFY FUDGE IS THIS ABOUT WHO I THINK IT IS? I HOPE SO I HOPE SO

And I read on, but it didn't really tell us anything... I mean c'mon! It doesn't even confirm whose book it is. It would be nice to find out if our hopes have come true... IF ITS JIM THEN HE BETTER END UP WITH SISSY. I will scream bloody murder of they don't end upshort
"...good!
OH
(Source: I received a finished copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks so much to Piatkus and Little, Brown Book Group!)

This was a good end to the series, and I liked how everything came together.

I liked Sissy in this book, she seemed to have grown so much since the last book, and she finally started to come across as a woman rather than a girl, which made a big difference! I liked the way we got even more insight into Devina’s character, and I liked
Melinda
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

UUUUUUUUGH! I was so frustrated all the way through this book. I couldn’t stand any of the characters except for Adrian and Eddie…and maybe Dog.
I am glad the series is over because the last two books were more aggravating than enjoyable. If you follow the series, you know that Heaven and Hell made a deal because someone got bored and put seven human souls into play to see if Team Good or Team Evil can win them. The team that gets four wins first wins everything. Team Good consists of four snoot
Katie
It really breaks my heart to have to give this final book in the Fallen Angels series a poor review. I have been a fan of J.R. Ward and this series from the very beginning but I just couldn't buy into this last installment. I'm hoping the rumors of this and the BDB series eventually merging together are true. If that's the case and we get a more true to form demonstration of the remaining characters, I may go back and edit this review. If that doesn't happen however I have to ask who these chara ...more
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
The final instalment in J R Ward's Fallen Angels series. Despite a slow start and all the J R Wardspeak I loved the premise of this series, seven souls in play in the ultimate game to decide whether good or evil rules the world. The fact that the trio of angels Jim, Adrian and Eddie were the stars of the series, not the featured couple in each book also made an interesting change in a PNR series.

Whilst this book lacked some of the punch and unpredictability of the middle instalments and the fi
Stephanie  G
It's down to the final two souls in the winner take all game between Heaven and Hell. The last round between the angel Jim and the demon Devina ended in disaster for the good guys. Jim must regain his focus and save the remaining souls in play or all will fall into the claws of evil.

*Sigh* This series has been really uneven. At times it's very good, my favorite being Envy, and the rest of the time it's just okay.

Jim wasn't given the choice of becoming savior to mankind. For m
Dantezgirl
So Davina is now speaking gutter slang? Da Fuck Bro! JR has seriously overshadowed her characters in a B.A.D way.

It was cute for a minute; but this tops em all. They now have no voice of their own; but JRs; they're no longer unique nor distinguishable. Sad; Sad day.

I do however love being back again with a ward book.

Oh do shut the fuck up pussy! you sound like a jealous hmm . . School Girl. Yip; school girl. Aged years; my ass. Not once did you bitch and moan about the war before;
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Fitting
Rating: NC-17
Overall: Worth the read
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Sacrifice and selflessness as a means to the end
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Jim, Eddie, Adrian, Colin

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
I can’t say this series is better than the Black Dagger Brotherhood, but I can say it was very enjoyable and worth the price of admission. My favorite book in the series was book 3.

For a full review and yummy pic, see my blog post/>/>Book/>/>/>Page/>/>/>/>/>/>
Katie Reus
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible-listen
I wish there was a higher option than 5 stars. One of the best books I've read all year. Loved it!
Samantha
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boring, lackluster, an all around shitty ending to an otherwise great series.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Sometimes we disagree on books, but J.R. Ward has been the one consistent author who all of us adore. What is it about her writing that makes you love her books?

Francesca:
J.R. Ward transports me to another world. While I'm reading ANY of her stories, whether paranormal or contemporary, I'm completely immersed in the lives of the characters. I care for everything that happens as if it was happening to me! She makes me feel, she makes me care. And quite frankly I just love how her mind works and the stories sh
Jess (Primrose)
Sep 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh this is so bad. So very bad... I ended up snark listening to it because I was mildly curious if the end of the world happens. I'll let you guess whether it does or not.

This was, fortunately, a free library audiobook check out. I had read a couple of her books from a different series and didn't realize this was the last one in this series. I'm rather thankful I saved myself from the other five books. This was so utterly bad that it became a point of amusement. The male narrator has
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
4 Good vs Evil Stars.

The book, and my thoughts...

Jim, drove me batshit crazy through the majority of this book. He made it difficult for me to like him. In the end I succumbed to loving him and even missing him upon closing this book. But, his romance?

So here is how I feel about his added romance(view spoiler) ...more
Mandy
Feb 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ha. I didn’t know this was the last book in the series until the end. If I had know it was the last book, I wouldn’t have waited so long to read it. You know, pulling the band aid off quickly.

I’ve been over this series the second it became Sissy-centric. So, that’s what? Book two? Ugh. Sissy. I hate Sissy. She’s even more whiny and pathetic in this book than the others, if that’s even possible. Jim is just as big of a pansy as Sissy. Honestly, the entire cast of characters became big whiny pans
Debra Johnson
Immortal by J.R. Ward
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
4.5 Stars

Intense.
An Awesome Concept.
Very well written.

🤔 Makes you wonder where your own Cross Roads are......

Wasn't my favorite of the series, but it was still excellent.
I admit it kept my attention from the first page to the absolute last word.

I can't wait to see what J.R. Ward comes up with next.
She has definitely made me an AVID & DEVOTED fan.

🎵 Would love
Sonia189
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a sweet ending to the series. Not as powerful as I imagined and certainly not as detailed in the end as I wanted. I also think the romance wasn't explored as best as it should.
I'm glad the series has an end, though.
Sharon Mccall
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final book in the Fallen Angels series and the war for who has control of the souls of the departed is down to the final rounds. With Devina the OCD demon leading 3-2 going into the last book things were not looking good for the side of the angels. Jim Heron, the saviour, lost his focus and lost the round but is determined that he will win the war.

This book sees our hero take a trip into purgatory, deal with falling in love for the first time and try to figure out how to defeat h
J. R. Ward (BLACK...: Immortal Audio Book 1 29 Oct 27, 2014 06:13PM

• Revenant (Lords of Deliverance, #6; Demonica, #12)
  • Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3, Lords of the Underworld #10.5)
  • Crave The Night (Midnight Breed, #12)
  • Heart of Gold (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #1)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #14)
  • A Witch's Beauty (Daughters of Arianne, #2)
  • Dark Bites (Dark-Hunter #22.5; Hellchaser, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5; Were-Hunter, #3.5)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

Fallen Angels (6 books)
  • Covet (Fallen Angels, #1)
  • Crave (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • Envy (Fallen Angels, #3)
  • Rapture (Fallen Angels, #4)
  • Possession (Fallen Angels, #5)
“Listen, I don't want things to get weird, okay."
"Oh, yeah, no, weird is bad."
"But just so you and I are clear, I really fucking want to kiss you right now.”
7 likes
“Please,” Eddie implored. “Not Lassiter. Anybody but Lassiter—he could be anywhere on the planet, doing anything.” 4 likes