Start by marking “Thimblerig's Ark” as Want to Read:

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
You already know about Noah. Just wait until you read the animal's story.

Thimblerig is a little groundhog with big problems.

Published March 10th 2014 by Thimblerig (first published March 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Thimblerig's Ark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thimblerig's Ark

Amanda
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
An engaging, fresh take on an old story

I honestly started the book groaning after the prolouge - unicorns, really? But, like a good reader, I accepted the author created world and gave the story a fair shot. It really wasn't that predictable, much to my surprise (usually books I download for free are found wanting), and telling the story of the animals getting to the ark is a fresh perspective, and made for an enjoyable read.

I look forward to reading the sequel!

My two cents: get this book, it is
Lena
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially Narnia fans
Recommended to Lena by: Nate Fleming
Thimblerig's Ark

You already know about Noah. Just wait until you read the animal's story.

Thimblerig is a little groundhog with big problems.
He’s a loner con-artist who’s losing his mojo; the wild dogs who run the forest harass him at every turn; he’s having vivid nightmares of apocalyptic floods; and worst of all, he believes he sees unicorns when everyone knows unicorns are only the stuff of legend.
But what one animal might call a problem, Thimblerig calls an opportunity.
In a moment of ins
Lance
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How many of you remember The Lion King?
Well, imagine that crossed with the story of the great flood and you have Thimblerig's Ark.
Thimblerig is a lowly groundhog. His entire existence is one con after the next. He is constantly skating through life by the skin of his teeth and narrowly escapes trouble only by his wits and quick thinking on his feet. Until one day he has a bad dream about a great flood and decides to turn it into his greatest scam yet.
Soon, all the animals of the forest are entru
Scott Norris
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable little read. Nate has done a good job for a first novel (self-published at that!) of creating a very interesting and creative world; very "Narnia-esk" in its symbolism and imagery. It is the story of Thimblerig, the con-artist groundhog, and his self-absorbed master con, turned run-for-your-life escape plan from an impending world flood.

To fully enjoy this book, you'll have to suspend your sense of reality for a bit. Don't want to give away any spoilers, but this is a fanta
Stacey Lavoie
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This had been on my currently reading shelf for quite a while, but once I wrangled our one copy away from my son and had some free time, I finished in two days. I appreciated the new take on the old story. The book had just the right balance of "what will happen next" and comfort with the familiar. There was fantasy, humor, good character development, great descriptions of the setting, etc. I am looking forward to the sequel because I really wasn't ready for this book to end.

My 11 year old son
Leslie
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marvelous story! Part Children's Bible, part Brian Jacques epic—Fleming pulls it off masterfully! Thimblerig is a great character, too much in the business of hoodwinking others to very much trust anyone besides himself—and even that can be difficult in the face of the impossible! Fleming has essentially taken anthropomorphism to the fullest, truly giving us characters we can relate to, having the full range of human psyche—yet immersed in the context of the animal kingdom, from the wild dogs to ...more
Jodi Woody
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed "Thimblerig's Ark"! This is a story of the ark told through the eyes of some of the animals involved. A shady groundhog finds faith. The storyline was fun, had quite a bit of humor and I loved the writing style. I give it four stars. I really liked it. Great for kids on up. Will be looking for more from this author!
Jasmine
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the fantasy element to this story, and the new twist it gave on the flood story. I really appreciated that there were some twists and unexpected surprises. There was no way for me to guess what would happen next. I look forward to the sequel!
Don Zabriskie
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How Now Brown Hedgehog

From the start Thimblerig is a hedgehog to admire, first for his honest appraisal of himself as a con, but as his story progresses, as a skeptic learning to trust others. A multitude of characters are introduced along the way, none of which are human. Yet each animal represents various aspects of an approach to life and for some, to faith as well.
The story is filled with action from start to finish. If you have the time to read in one sitting you can expect to be moved alon
Glen
I won this novel in a goodreads drawing.

An anthropomorphic groundhog con man, starts having hallucinations about unicorns telling him to build an ark.

The groundhog thinks it is all just a con, but it turns out to be far more.

An entertaining Christian allegory.
Alexander Jones
I received this book from Goodreads Firstreads. I really enjoyed this book and thought that he wrote the book very well.
Hope Ann
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book! Well written with entertaining characters and a great story for all ages. I am eagerly looking forward to the next book, Thimblerig's Ark: Forty Days and Nights.
Velvetink
Scott Christman
Sep 28, 2015
Jesse Rice
Jul 23, 2015
Promote Your Self...: Thimblerig's Ark - the animal's story of Noah's Ark 1 3 May 19, 2014 09:40PM
  • The Search for South Pole Santa (The South Pole Santa Series #1)
  • Jake & The Gingerbread Wars (The Gryphon Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Song of the Summer King (The Summer King Chronicles, #1)
  • Mason McQueen and the Gargoyle's Curse (book 1)
  • The Door to Canellin (Gatehouse #1)
  • Lightspeed Magazine, August 2012
  • Through the Forest: A Peansie & Beansie Story
  • The Tower in the Whispering Wood
  • Silversion (Wood Cow Chronicles, #3)
  • Invisible Wings
  • Ruby Celeste and the Ghost Armada (Ruby Celeste, #1)
  • The Rogues of Ravensmuir Boxed Set (Rogues of Ravensmuir, #1-3)
  • Bending Over Backwards (Picture Perfect #1)
  • Prince of Alasia
  • The Fifth Magic (Artifacts of Power Trilogy #1)
  • Aster Wood and the Book of Leveling (Aster Wood, #2)
  • Winter's Bite
  • The Wonder
Nate loves the life of the expat, having spent the last fifteen years living in Kazakhstan and China. In Kazakhstan, he founded the Kazakhstan English Language Theater, the first English language theater in Central Asia. Nate is also an educator, and has taught upper Elementary and theater in some pretty far-out international situations. He's the proud papa of three brilliant and beautiful childre ...more

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice, #12)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • CyberStorm
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Departure
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99