Start by marking “Happy Herbivore Holidays & Gatherings: Easy Plant-Based Recipes for Your Healthiest Celebrations and Special Occasions” as Want to Read:

Bestselling vegan author Lindsay S. Nixon brings “healthy” and “holidays” together in her new book, Happy Herbivore Holidays & Gatherings, filled with easy recipes that celebrate and define our favorite occasions throughout the year. Whether you’re planning an elaborate Thanksgiving, a no-fuss dazzling New Year’s Eve party, an omnivore-approved potluck for Super Bowl S ...more
Published November 4th 2014 by BenBella Books

To ask other readers questions about Happy Herbivore Holidays & Gatherings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Herbivore Holidays & Gatherings

Lu (Sugar & Snark)
What a book! Gorgeous photographs and recipes for every holiday and gathering there is. From Halloween to Mardi Gras! The recipes are interesting, and delicious. And the best part, the recipes are nice and short and easy.

There are tons of recipes I still want to try and I’ll keep this book close! Here is a taste of the recipes in this book:

* Creamy Polenta

Favorite Recipes:

Chocolate
Danielle Byron
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great new book from the Happy Herbivore. Luscious pictures of delicious and nutritious food. I may not be ready for a turkey free thanksgiving but she has oodles of great recipes.
Tisha (IG: Bluestocking629)
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Another great cookbook from the happy herbivore. This one is broken out by occasion or event such as Thanksgiving, tailgating, Easter, picnics, etc.

Some recipes are repeats but I don't mind it so much because of the way the book is broken out by event. It is actually nice having these recipes alongside others. So The cookbook also helps with menu planning.

I know it's not even Halloween but I will be making the eggnog smoothie next!!!
Adrienna
I'll try some of these recipes, even brown gravy and make in small amounts. Not trying to feed 4 or more people, just one. Plus if I don't like it, then not losing much money and time spent.
Gena
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the mini meatloaf recipe
Bethany
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my go-to for entertaining! If I'm hosting while traveling, I will take pictures of the recipes. This book is a must!
Amanda
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-wins
I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway, and it arrived at just the right time. Between my family and friends, I know so many people with different dietary restrictions - vegetarian, Kosher, Halal, gluten-free, soy-free, lactose intolerant - and of course this is the time of year when all of those people in my life come together. With this cookbook, I could easily build solid meals that cater to everyone, without substitutions or alternative dishes for one or two people. I especially a ...more
Megan
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I prefer the other Happy Herbivore cookbooks instead. Despite the fact that the author has a meal planning business, the menus in here are really just suggestions of what items might be nice to eat together, not helpful if you want to precisely cook for a specific number of people and have very little waste.
Originally I had ordered the e-book and paperback. AFter getting the paperback I cancelled my e-book order. It won't be a ready reference in my kitchen.

Sorry to say I was disappointed becaus
Karen!
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Not my favorite of her cookbooks, but still quite a good guide. There is quite a bit of overlap with other Happy Herbivore books, so this is not required for the bookshelf to get by. The portobello steaks are delish, and the rootbeer float cupcakes are a new favorite!

It is pretty and very user-friendly.
Dana
Nov 14, 2015 rated it liked it
This cookbook has lovely photographs and simple to follow vegan recipes. The recipes are arranged by holiday and have helpful icons showing if a recipe is quick to fix or requires preparation ahead of time, and if they are soy free, gluten free, portable or can be made ahead of time. I received this book free to review from Netgalley.
Larae
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series..
Dianna
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: plant-based
Another beautiful cookbook from the Happy Herbivore. I can actually picture myself celebrating holidays the vegan way and not feeling deprived after reading this book. Note that this book contains many duplicate recipes from her other books, as well as references to them. It does have some original recipes as well. I like this book for the menus and compilations and ideas.
Karen Kobylka
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of her cookbooks! I followed her recipes for all my Thanksgiving dishes, my family loved the taste! It's great to have yummy food that is Whole-Food Plant-Based No Oil! I'm looking forward to hosting more dinner parties!
Lisa Urso
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads, cookbooks
I love all of Lindsey's recipes, and this book is no exception. Everything is easy to prepare, with no hard-to-find ingredients. This is something any vegan, or anyone looking to incorporate more plant-based recipes, needs to have on their shelves.
Sundry
Jan 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook, vegan
Feels a bit thin, but it does offer some good ideas about making a vegan meal plan for holidays. Tried the Portobello Pot Roast and it was a bit hit. Easy to make comfort food that was still kind of impressive.

Looking forward to trying more from the talented Lindsay Nixon.
Ayelet
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
There are some very inventive recipes in this book, whether you're vegan or omnivore. I'm vegetarian, but I do have a lot of vegan friends who I cook for. I will definitely turn back to this book for recipes.
Kathy
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another good cookbook from Lindsay Nixon. The stuffed acorrn squash and pumpkin pie were a hit. Will be making more recipes from this one.
Lorilee
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great little cookbook for the holidays of any season!
Dana
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: food-health
I love the other Happy Herbivore books but these recipes exciting me. I keep looking through it but end up picking something from a different book instead.
Stephanie Behl
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole were my favourites!
john boston
Mar 21, 2018
Candi
Sep 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • One-Dish Vegan: More than 150 Soul-Satisfying Recipes for Easy and Delicious One-Bowl and One-Plate Dinners
  • Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet
  • Spork-Fed: Super Fun and Flavorful Vegan Recipes from the Sisters of Spork Foods
  • The PlantPure Nation Cookbook: The Official Companion Cookbook to the Breakthrough Film...with over 150 Plant-Based Recipes
  • Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day: Revolutionary New Takes On Everyone's Favorite On-the-Go Meal
  • Vegan Food Gifts: Spread the Vegan Love DIY-Style with 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love
  • Pure Vegan: 70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living
  • Cookin' Crunk: Eatin' Vegan in the Dirty South
  • The Vegan Stoner Cookbook: 100 Easy Vegan Recipes to Munch
  • Vegan Casseroles: Pasta Bakes, Gratins, Pot Pies, and More
  • The Great Vegan Bean Book
  • Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen: 150 Pizzas, Pastas, Pestos, Risottos, & Lots of Creamy Italian Classics
  • Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites
  • Sticky Fingers' Sweets: 100 Super-Secret Vegan Recipes
  • This Cheese Is Nuts!: Delicious Vegan Cheese at Home
  • Wild About Greens: 125 Delicious Recipes from Hearty Soups & Stews to Succulent Sautes & Smoothies
  • The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook: Entertaining for Absolutely Every Occasion
  • The Indian Vegan Kitchen: More Than 150 Quick and Healthy Homestyle Recipes