Start by marking “Freddy the Frogcaster and the Big Blizzard” as Want to Read:
Freddy the Frogcaster and the Big Blizzard

Freddy the Frogcaster and the Big Blizzard

There's a blizzard blowing toward Lilypad and someone has to warn the frogs! Frog News Network meteorologist Sally Croaker is busy in the newsroom and Polly Woggins is preparing for live broadcasts in the snow. It's up to Freddy the Frogcaster to spread the news and get everyone prepared for the snow storm!

The second book in the popular Freddy the Frogcaster series from Ja
Published September 15th 2014 by Regnery Kids (first published August 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Freddy the Frogcaster and the Big Blizzard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freddy the Frogcaster and the Big Blizzard

Donna Mork
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Freddy warns his friends of an impending blizzard. He is all about being prepared. Thanks to his help, everyone stays safe and enjoys the snow after the blizzard blows through. Snow Day. Lots of back matter about weather and fronts. interesting info.
Nicki
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Great for weather unit for gr 1-2. Good follow up to Freddy the Frogcaster.
Jalynn Patterson
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Freddy the Frog loves learning about the weather, and he’s known for having the best predictions in town. But what happens when a blizzard rolls in?

About the Author:

Known as “Janice Dean the Weather Machine,” Janice Dean has been predicting the weather on Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network since 2004. She is a trained meteorologist and she loves to share her scientific knowledge, and the inspiration that led to her passion for weather, with kids and adults alike. Before Fox
Maureen Timerman
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Another delightful, well written and attention grabber by Janice Dean, Freddy the Frogcaster and the Big Blizzard, reminiscent of her first book Freddy The Frogcaster, this one will not disappoint. My 7 year old was just about rolling on the floor, and enjoyed the story so much; I had to read it again. He delighted in the eye-catching illustrations, and the whimsical names, Sally Croaker and Polly Woggins, and of course, he had to add his own few that he came up with.
In this book he also had a l
Tima
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
There is a huge blizzard coming to the town of Lilypad. Everyone is busy with their job and Freddy realizes it is up to him to warn the residents. Freddy scrambles to get everyone prepared and ready for when the storm hits. His friends are thankful for the provisions when they are stranded and need supplies.

Bright, colorful illustrations fill every single page. Kids will love the story and will enjoy learning about the weather and forecasting while reading about a fun little frog and his friends
Heidi
I thought it was fun to meet up with Freddy again in this new book by Janice Dean. Freddy and his classmates are enjoying a field trip to the Frog News Network when Freddy helps point out to them that a blizzard is on the way. Freddy being on top of things sets out to prepare for the blizzard and when he realizes that Polly Woggins is going to be out in the blizzard, he sets out to help her too, whether she accepts it or not. The frogs are adorable and the way the weather facts are blended into ...more
Ms. Reader
Sep 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book from off of Goodreads First Reads. It was a fun, amusing children's book with very colorful, entertaining pictures and a unique story compared to most children's books. In the words of my 4-year-old daughter when I asked her how she liked it after reading it to her: "It was so fun!" It's different because it teaches children how to prepare for a blizzard (living in CA, this is something we never get to experience). I, honestly, found the story to be a little bland and disorg ...more
Daleine
Freddy the frogcaster and the Big Blizzard is a really cute book about how we should be prepared for storms and such. It tells about the importance for watching weather forecasting and being prepared for the weather that i coming. The book has a great glossary with weather words and their definitions. , It also has a Winter Storm checklist in the back. I really like this book and it comes at the perfect time as I am a teacher and I am teaching weather right now I love this book.
Sally
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My 9 year old gives it 4. Story about listening to the kid who actually knows what he's talking about, preparedness, and a little storm science as an appendix. Personally I don't like stories where the adults act like kids and the kids save the day, but oh well.
Alan
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best children's book yet. I loved how in the back there was an emergency check list and how it described different weather patterns. Much more than just a cute story. This book holds knowledge for children in an entertaining fashion. There is nothing more valuable.
Randye
Dec 28, 2014
Designing.melissagmail.com
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lydia-s-books
This was a fun book that helps kid remember to be prepared.
DK Simoneau

• Stop, Thief!
  • Delivering Dreams
  • Wild Child
  • Farm
  • Snow Flower: Arara's Tale (Flower's Fang, #0.5)
  • Finding Spring
  • Who is Santa? And how did he get to the North Pole?
  • Butterflies And Moths