Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 9” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 9

Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 9

(Fullmetal Alchemist: Omnibus #9)

In an alchemical ritual gone wrong, Edward Elric lost his arm and his leg, and his brother Alphonse became nothing but a soul in a suit of armor. Equipped with mechanical ""auto-mail"" limbs, Edward becomes a state alchemist, seeking the one thing that can restore his and his brother's bodies...the legendary Philosopher's Stone.

As the Day of Reckoning dawns, the Elric bro
Published November 11th 2014 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 9

Caz (littlebookowl)
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Such a satisfying conclusion to this series!
Karen
Well, it’s over. What am I supposed to do with my life now?
What a satisfying ending to such a wonderful series. I was grinning like an idiot when it all finally wrapped up, that's how happy I was. So many sacrifices were made by the characters throughout these 27 volumes and it all paid off by the end. Looking back, so many damn characters died too (view spoiler) but their deaths served actual purposes, no matter how hear
Sara
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
The ending was simply spectacular. I liked the feeling of knowing there is more to the story than what we know at the moment, we are allowed to peak into the future. And what a future it is.

Higly recommend for you to read this series if you haven't. If you want my full review of the series you can find it here: Review for FMA
casey
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i absolutely love this series, it is one of my favorite stories of all time, right there with avatar: the last airbender. if I could go back in time to read/watch this for the first time again I would in a heartbeat
Joss
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG. TEARS. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW?

This was seriously the BEST series I've ever read. The most perfect ending to a perfect series.

I am a puddle of emotions.
Jolien
This series was perfect
Ines
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And it's over.

It's strange how very personal Ed's and Al's motivations are throughout this manga ... and yet it still becomes epic. This isn't power fantasy as so many mangas tend to be in my (very limited) experience. if anything, power is actually lost here. And while there are battles (and plenty of them), Fullmetal Alchemist is a tight, character driven story.

There are no invincible Mary Sues here - all the protagonists go through some heavy character arcs and come out for the better. The p
Connie
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly can't believe I finished this series, my heart is broken. This is such a satisfying conclusion to what is now my favourite all time manga series, I'm so glad I gave this a chance. These characters, this world, this story, mean a lot to me and the development of my reading, and I'm glad I got to experience this for the first time relatively spoiler-free. The final little scene broke my heart especially, and it has all of those moments you wait the entire manga to see happen. So so incr ...more
Taylor Ramirez
Adam Spanos
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, viz
Fullmetal Alchemist ends exactly the way you expect it to--with a huge climactic battle that pretty much amounts to the entire fighting force against the Dwarf in the Flask, and then a "where are they now?" epilogue detailing the events of the days/weeks after the end of the last battle. It is not a distinctive conclusion in any way, but it is a satisfying one. Over the course of twenty-seven volumes, Arakawa's series never flagged, and that's impressive indeed.
MJ
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“That’s the correct answer, alchemist. Take it all.”

It’s really impossible to measure the full impact this story has had on me over the years as a reader, a creator, and a person. Buying the volumes in print may be one of the wisest purchases I’ve ever made, and I look forward to rereading and re-crying about the Elric brothers for many more years to come.
Iman. I
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why did this have to end?! T-T

It was an incredible ending and very emotional. I may have actually cried. I must say that the characters are all completely lovable. I am quite sad that this journey had to end although I am honoured to have shared it with these awesome characters.
Kirin
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favourite
always so nice to finish rereading one of your favourite mangas~
Theresa
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I've finally finished this series and what an amazing ride it's been.
Celestine
I think this is one of my top 5 manga series right now. That ending ❤
Brittany
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: managa
I can’t believe it’s over. I truly loved every second of this series. It has really become a favorite for me.
Brittany Allyn
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really great conclusion to a great series. I don't know what took me so long to read it, or even just watch either of the adaptations. My only complaint about the last few volumes is that there wasn't enough Winry. I would've been happier if she had had a larger role.
Maja Helena
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*The story of Fullmetal Alchemist, following the Elric brothers, is the perfect story. It has everything: The balance between dramatic moments and moments of comic relief is amazing, the characters are well rounded and has great growth and, finally, it deals with difficult subjects in a nuanced and respectful manner.

Also, the art style is amazing – especially in those comic relief moments! It’s just priceless! That in memoriam part at the end of each volume is just hilarious! *

This was perfect.
ΛᄂΣXIƧ IVΛЯ
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
NatashiasBooks
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
It pains me having finished again this amazing tail. Still can’t help but cry over the same character’s who meet their faiths but all the memories and life they brought to the page to all the characters, good or evil. This series always remains dear to me and it will never grow old. 13+ years later and I will re-read and watch this again over and over.
Alice Adams
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one sitting because I was too impatient to wait until tomorrow. I think my experience with Game of Thrones gave me a pessimistic expectation on how this would end, so I'm surprised things turned out the way they did.

Alphonse and May Chang tho, that was a ship I didn't see coming.
Michele
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten billion Stars. This is one of my new all time favorite series and has changed me as a person. The ending was everything I wanted and more. I have no words to explain how much I loved this story.
Melanie
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did it. I finally reached the end. Almost wish I hadn't, but it sure hit me right in the feels.
Julie theriault
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very good book
Gerandpa
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm sobbing
Jules
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I knew how it would end and I still cried 😭 So good.
Miguel Tenreiro
Just Perfection!
This brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes... and made me secound guess if I'll ever find something as hauntingly beautiful to read.
Damn it was that good!!
Adriana
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down
« previous 1 3 next »

• Nijiiro Days 2 (Nijiiro Days #2)
  • Overlord, Vol. 1 (manga) (Overlord, #1)
  • Dragon Ball (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2  3
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 6
  • Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 10
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • One Piece: East Blue 1-2-3, Vol. 1 (One Piece: Omnibus, #1)
  • WARRIOR: a collection of short stories
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版 11 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban 11]
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 4
  • Naruto (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1, 2 & 3 (Naruto: Omnibus, #1)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 6 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #6)
  • Arisa, Vol. 03 (Arisa, #3)
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3

Associated names :
荒川弘美 (real name)
ARAKAWA Hiromi

Name (in native language) : 荒川弘

Zodiac : Taurus

Blood type : A

Her self-portrait is usually that of a bespectacled cow, as she was born and raised on a dairy farm in Hokkaido with three older sisters and a younger brother. She worked as a farmer for 8 years before moving to Tokyo.

Arakawa thought about being a manga artist "since [she] was little" and d

Fullmetal Alchemist: Omnibus (9 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1