Start by marking “The Mistletoe Promise” as Want to Read:
The Mistletoe Promise

The Mistletoe Promise (Mistletoe Collection)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  8,852 Ratings  ·  1,329 Reviews
A love story for Christmas from the #1 bestselling author of The Christmas Box and The Walk.

Elise Dutton dreads the arrival of another holiday season. Three years earlier, her husband cheated on her with her best friend, resulting in a bitter divorce that left her alone, broken, and distrustful.

Then, one November day, a stranger approaches Elise in the mall food court. Tho
Published November 18th 2014 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about The Mistletoe Promise, please sign up.

Anna I am sorry for those who were unable to finish this book--the best of the story came after that "terrible thing". I have heard of that "terrible…moreI am sorry for those who were unable to finish this book--the best of the story came after that "terrible thing". I have heard of that "terrible thing" which happens in this book happening in real life. It is a sad fact--as are many things in the world.

Christians celebrate Christ's birth at Christmas, and he came into this world to die for us sinners and that his death will redeem us from our sins. The love and hope brought to two sinners in Mistletoe Promise is a worthy Christmas story and is missed by those who do not read beyond that horrible event.(less)
Jennifer This is a standalone novel although it is part of a "mistletoe" collection

★★★★
If you like stories that feature a domino effect, you might like the story of how I came across The Mistletoe Promise. If you don't just scroll down to the review. No hard feelings. I probably wouldn't read it either.

So...
My son and I are loyal followers of youtuber Rosanna Pansino's Nerdy Nummies and I got an alert that she was going to be filming a segment on Hallmark Channel's Home & Family. I never watch the show but I set my DVR to record anyway. That particular episode was themed w
Emer
I like Christmas. Yup. BIG Christmas fan. Favourite time of the year. The schmaltz, the twinkly lights, the tinsel, the endless food, the goodwill and peace on earth...yup for all that jazz you can sign me up!!!!

But this book????
Eh no. I did not sign up for this level of hokum.
My reaction to this book can best be described as looking like this:-

one star
Trina (Between Chapters)
Content warnings: Mentions of mental and physical abuse by a parent, and death of a child. Very brief microaggressions toward weight and mental illness (fat character has "sausage fingers," neat character makes an "I'm so OCD" joke.)

Pure fluff. This was pretty shallow and full of cliches BUT I READ THE WHOLE THING IN 4 HOURS. I haven't read a book in one sitting in probably 4 years. The writing is not the best in my opinion and I wish there had been stronger chemistry in the romance, but if you
Peggy
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know that there are people who probably think there is no way something like this could ever happen. For someone who loves Cinderella stories, I say, "why not." Thank you Richard Paul Evans for giving me a story I couldn't put down from the moment I started reading it!
Hyacinth
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookclub, christmas
I am crying as I write this review. As a Christian, you should always strive to live in forgiveness and redemption...with that being said, it is NOT always easy. This book was a bittersweet read. I loved it. I hated parts of it, not because of the writing style, it was excellent but because of the painful content. This book was filled with "unexpecteds" for me. It was never predictable. So much I didn't see coming and yet I couldn't put it down! I have never heard of this author but now want to ...more
Janet
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I found this to be a very nice Christmas read. I have seen comments about something bad that happens and it's true but the core of the story exists because of it. It's a story of forgiveness, love and finding the right person. It felt real instead of a perfect romantic story. Maybe not for everyone but it worked for me.
Helen aka Pyewacket
I experienced several eye-rolling moments while reading this book, but I knew what I was getting into before I started. I wanted to read something light and fluffy to counterbalance the heavy mysteries/thrillers I've been reading. The story was predictable but it was good to give my mind a bit of a break. It was a good read for what it was meant to be.
Anna
Quote: "I have punished myself for my mistake more times than I can remember. Each day I wake up in the court of conscience to be judged guilty and unworthy. In this sorry realm I am the judge, prosecutor, and jury, and, without defense I accept the verdict and the sentence, a lifetime of regret and guilt to be administered by myself."
Elise Dutton and Nicholas Dorr are going through the motions of daily life, but each, for their own reasons have sheltered their hearts from all that life has to o
Terri Wino
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2015
I'm torn about this book. First let me say that it takes a lot for a book to affect me emotionally, and this one had me tearing up several times.
On one hand, this is almost an over the top Cinderella story. Guy meets girl, they enter into a "contract," he lavishes her with gifts, and you know they're -- predictably -- going to fall for each other...and I would have been perfectly happy with a holiday tale like that.
But then this author goes and makes things complicated. You find out a terrible
JoAnne
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful heartwarming Christmas tale with underlying sadness that comes straight from the headlines of today. Two lost souls connect although their meeting was planned by one of them. Some twists to the story but the requisite happily ever after with nice closure thanks to the epilogue.
Can't wait until next year's story.
  • The 13th Day of Christmas
  • The Christmas Light (Christmas Hope #7)
  • The Christmas Joy Ride
  • An Island Christmas
  • A Christmas Home (A Dog Named Christmas #2)
  • The Snow Angel
  • Paper Angels
  • Dashing Through the Snow
  • The Nine Lives of Christmas
  • An Angel for Christmas
  • Painting Kisses
  • On Christmas Eve (Cape Light #11)
When Richard Paul Evans wrote the #1 best-seller, The Christmas Box, he never intended on becoming an internationally known author. His quiet story of parental love and the true meaning of Christmas made history when it became simultaneously the #1 hardcover and paperback book in the nation. Since then, more than eight million copies of The Christmas Box have been printed. He has since written ele ...more
More about Richard Paul Evans...

Mistletoe Collection (3 books)
  • The Mistletoe Inn
  • The Mistletoe Secret
“People talk of life’s storms as if they are universal experiences. But they’re not. Some people hear thunder while others touch lightning.” 10 likes
“Often what we see clearest in others is what we most avoid seeing in ourselves.” 8 likes