Start by marking “The Power of the Heart: Finding Your True Purpose in Life” as Want to Read:

The Power of the Heart: Finding Your True Purpose in Life

With its unprecedented convocation of eighteen of the world’s greatest spiritual thinkers, writers, and scientists, including Maya Angelou, Deepak Chopra, Paulo Coelho, and Eckhart Tolle, this spiritual guide—which ties into a film of the same name—reveals how you can overcome limitations and fulfill your highest potential.

Baptist de Pape, a young lawyer, was mired in anxi
Published October 7th 2014 by Atria Books

Elyse Walters
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgalley. (Thank You).

I make it a point to read some type of 'present-awareness' books a few times a year. At one point in my life I read much more. I still have a decent size home library of wonderful books by Spiritual teachers I return to when my inner soul is either hurting or I just feel a little out of balance.

For me this book is like a delicious appetizer. (really yummy) ---yet still ready for the main dish!

Everyone can get value from this book (I LOVED the P
Vorbis
May 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
What a glorious load of tripe. I have never seen so many words dedicated to saying exactly nothing.

To sum up what is repeated over and over in varying ways over too many chapters: "Follow your heart".

Right.

What?

My heart is inside of me, it follows my legs around wherever they walk. It doesn't really have the independent leadership option.

Oh wait, you meant metaphorically? What exactly, metaphorically. Follow the part of me that somehow knows what it wants to do in the way my mind doesn't? Actua
Michelle
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched- they must be felt with the heart... ~ Helen Keller
Many thanks and much appreciation to Atria Books for the ARC of this wonderful book for the purpose of this review. This book is co- authored, compiled, and edited by Baptist De Pape, a lawyer, author, filmmaker, and spiritual advisor.

This treasured volume was written to educate, motivate, inspire, and enlighten readers of the most powerful dimension of consciousness, energy,
Nerisa  Eugenia Waterman
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
“The Power of The Heart” subtitled Finding Your True Purpose In Life was gifted to me by Atria Books.

The Power of The Heart by Baptist De Pape is the companion to the movie “The Power of Heart” that made its debut on October 7, 2014.
This book is a compilation of spiritual stories and lessons by 18 of the world greatest spiritual leaders.

As an avid lover of spiritual books I didn’t know what to expect when I received this book, however it was not quite what I expected. Now I should tell you I did
Kara Lane
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Power of the Heart is the companion book to the film by the same name. Each chapter of the book focuses on a different power of the heart, such as gratitude, forgiveness, resilience, and love. Baptist de Pape then provides quotes from the 18 spiritual leaders he interviewed, along with his thoughts on each power. Quotes from other famous people are also peppered throughout. At the end of each chapter, he provides a “Contemplation” exercise relevant to the topic of the chapter. The format of ...more
موضي
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I gave it three stars because there are many chapters that talk about redundant concepts such as gratitude, forgiveness , and living in the moment.
The parts that I found the most interesting are
( resilience , fear , and setbacks ) and
( synchronicity: the hidden order behind everything ).
Heidi The Reader
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads. FTC guidelines: check!

I think whenever you gather together multiple experts on any topic, the first thing that you have to ask yourself is: are their opinions and philosophies similar enough to make a cohesive statement? The answer for this compilation is definitely a yes. Baptist de Pape absolutely nails it in this book, The Power of the Heart.

Not only did he personally interview some of the greatest minds in the spiritual/self
Therese Tappouni
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“The Power Of The Heart,” subtitled “Finding Your Purpose in Life” is beautiful in every way. Beginning with the attention to detail on the cover, the dust jacket, the paper and the layout, this is a book you will keep forever. The book is a companion to the movie, featuring the vision of the author/creator Baptist De Pape and what he calls his “co-creators,” eighteen icons of the spiritual and scientific world. He interviewed them over a period of time, including Deepak Chopra, Paulo Coelho, Ec ...more
Ellen Christian
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly for everyone. Although it is technically categorized as a “spiritual” book, there are quotes from many people in the non-secular world including Steve Jobs and Yoko Ono and John Lennon. Of course, there are also quotes from Jesus and Martin Luther as well. I am working through the exercises in the book right now and really enjoying the new outlook it’s helping me to see.
Lisa
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Insightful stories and wisdom from some of the greatest spiritual writers and thinkers inspire you to live the life you were meant to live. The heart is the true source of our power and by listening to our inner voice we can transform our lives. This is a powerful little book, and I found myself jotting down quote after quote that resonated in my soul.
Madli Allikas
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Spiritual books are for people who look for them and for them who are open for sayings and beliefs that hey maybe have never heard of. If you didn't like it, you read it at the wrong time in your life. It doesn't make the book bad, it makes you not suitable for it.

I got the book when I met my sweet friend, she told me she doesn't remember how this book got into her hands, she just felt like that's it and this is what I need. After reading it, she brought it to me as a "I thought of you and you
Andrea Bell
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the hardback and even enjoy audiobooks version also
Deepa Dubey
Jul 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
It was like a huge disappointment , what exactly is author trying to say. Waste of money & time.
Ashish Kumar
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really nice book ! If you are a beginner in spiritual reading !
Nouhad
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is expensive compared to content. It is good for self learning.
Theresa
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
by Baptist de Pape
The author found that his heart’s desire was to write. First he had to break the long made plans of his career upset his family and find a new path. He took up the pin, wrote music, and made a film. Yet he found that his desire would not be settled in a roundabout way. This book is a testament to it’s content; the author lives the life he is asking to show you with in its pages. He followed the guidance of his heart, his
Loubna Aimrane
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
YOUR HEART IS THE KEY TO UNLOCK THE WORLD
listen to your heart, it will show you the path to find out your treasure
SeaShore
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: success, writing
I think of any writing that describes how to follow your heart, to visualize and focus on your subconscious mind. How to be still and listen. Listen to the soft inner voice Especially in a world of running fast and sometimes getting nowhere, it is crucial to step back a little and smell the roses along the journey. Having the right attitude to living takes hard work and constantly refocusing.

I think of an author, Victoria Alexander who said in one of her books,

“Adventure, my dear, is as much a
Angie Fehl
Oct 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I was provided an e-galley copy of this book from Net Galley for review. While the overall design of the book is very pretty and should look great as one of those gift hardbacks, some of the photos are a little hackey looking, some poor photoshop work in some of them. Also some of the portrait photography is oddly placed (at least in the e-copy), cutting off some of the quotes. I was under the impression that this might be essays from world philosophers and spiritual leaders but it's mostly a qu ...more
Jane
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
This book has beautiful quotes on improving the meaning of life by getting in touch with your values, purpose, and experiences. de Pape conducted interviews with famous spiritual leaders from many different traditions and philosophies. Unfortunately, these interviews are sliced and diced to fit under the chapter headings, so instead of a flow of wisdom, to me the text read as little sound bytes. On the other hand, I found several meaningful quotes that were new to me and I am glad that I read it ...more
Atle Lerøy
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I highly recommend this book if you want to expand your love and actions. It will transform you.
Cary Kostka
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very good eye opener into how the heart cannot only lead you through life but how living from the heart will open a new world and help you find your true meaning in life. It was very easy to understand and the contemplations at the end of most chapters give you much guidance into heartful living. The guest contributors, such as Dr. Joe Dispenza, Maya Angelou, Eckhart Tolle, and many others add their own heart observations and heart awakening advice to each section of the book.
Deborah Bailey
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is not only a beautiful book visually, but the words, contemplations, interviews and quotes are just as beautiful. It shows how we can use the power we have within us-within our hearts-and expand it out into the world. This is a book I will refer to when I'm looking for uplifting reading, or when I need to unwind from the stresses of the everyday world. Certainly a book that belongs on the shelf of anyone who follows and is enriched by spiritual topics. (Received a review copy.)
Donna D'Angelo Struck
Lots of helpful hints and reminders. I would have given this book 4 stars but I felt it wasn't truly justified as the author merely compiled the wisdom of others. I thank him, however, for bringing together some of my favorite spiritual teachers, such as Marianne Williamson and quoting some of my favorite sources. This is a good book to have handy for quick references and reminders.
Iroquois
Although not very long, took me a while to finish bc not all of it was that interesting. Mostly bc it was bit repetitive. But the layout is pretty and most of the people he interviewed are interesting. They just were so abbreviated that it was difficult to get much out of what they were saying. There's a film that's supposed to go with it, so maybe that'll be better.
Florence
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritualiteit
I met Baptist on the "Boekenbeurs" in Antwerp in november 2014. Great man who followed his heart! I was very impressed! The book is fantastic and reminded us to follow our heart every time, every day!
Annmarie (Annie) Kostyk
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Learning to trust your life's decisions and your purpose by listening to you heart. The heart has been found to be much more than a blood pumper throughout many spiritual traditions and even current scientific study.
Anshita Thakkar
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fantastic book if you're interested in spirituality. It emphasizes the power of intuition and the heart in viewing a situation and decision making, and it's benefits over thinking and behaving in alignment with social norms and expectations. I highly recommend this book!
Bella Behbehani
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A definate must read ❤ ...more
Bonita
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yoga-books
Useful for pulling out some great quotes for my Yoga classes.

• The Gift Giver: A True Story
  • The Invisible Hand: Business, Success & Spirituality
  • The End of Self-Help: Discovering Peace and Happiness Right at the Heart of Your Messy, Scary, Brilliant Life
  • Spiritual Cross-Training: Searching Through Silence, Stretch, and Song
  • The Seven Victories of the Divine Child: Claiming Your Divine Inheritance
  • The Book of Afformations: Discovering the Missing Piece to Abundant Health, Wealth, Love, and Happiness
  • Artemis: The Indomitable Spirit in Everywoman
  • You Can Heal Your Life Companion Book
  • Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life's Magic (Abridged)
  • Polishing the Mirror: How to Live from Your Spiritual Heart
  • Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
  • Threatened Waters
  • Your Beautiful Heart: 31 Reflections on Love, Faith, Friendship, and Becoming a Girl Who Shines
  • The Fall Line: America's Rise to Ski Racing's Summit
  • Oddry
  • Black Scorpion: The Tyrant Reborn
  • FxLifeStyle - Forex Frontiers "The Essentials of Currency Trading"
  • The Personal Accountability Code: The Step-by-Step Guide to a Winning Strategy that Transforms your Goals into Reality with the New Science of Accountability  (The Accountability Code Series, #2)
Baptist de Pape zou advocaat worden, maar werd uiteindelijk filmmaker en auteur. Hij reisde de wereld rond om de grootste leermeesters te interviewen voor boek en film The Power of the Heart.

Ondanks een lucratief aanbod voor een baan in de advocatuur besefte Baptist de Pape dat hij die weg niet wilde inslaan. Een bijzondere ervaring maakte duidelijk wat hij dan wel moest doen: laten zien dat de on
“It turns out that there are many powers of the heart--among them intuition, intention, gratitude, forgiveness, resilience, and, of course, love.” 5 likes
“Gratitude, the ability to count your blessings, is the ultimate way to connect with the heart.” 4 likes