Start by marking “Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)

Mai Tai'd Up

(Cocktail #4)

Looking for the perfect mix of smart, sexy, and sassy? Mai Tai’d Up continues New York Times bestselling author Alice Clayton’s Cocktail series, which began with Wallbanger and continued with Rusty Nailed and Screwdrivered.

The gossip mill in the seaside community of Monterey is churning about Chloe Patterson, the newcomer who is starting a sanctuary for rescued pit bulls.
Published December 2nd 2014 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Mai Tai'd Up, please sign up.
Lisa Fay Yes! The cousin that Viv thought was his date at the bar.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tan Ay I hope you already know the answer even before I answer it because the story is pretty sweet for me :)
And no, seems like the author try to make a big…more
And no, seems like the author try to make a big deal about Charles' penis size but the if you read more to the end of the book it's definitely not about the penis size that make Chloe run from her wedding. There's a lot about Charles that makes her dislike him and there's Lucas also in the picture(less)

Christy
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 ‘It’s witchcraft’ stars!

photo 6b36465d-9fcc-4fe0-86d6-4af111cee0c5_zpsdecee5cf.jpg

Alice Clayton can always make me laugh and leave a smile on my face. Fun, sexy, and hilarious. It’s a formula she has perfected. The romance, the banter, laugh out loud moments, the spunky heroines and the swoony heroes. Mai Tai’d Up had all of that! It was such an entertaining read for me!

Chloe Patterson is a beauty queen who is set to marry a successful attorney, but she can’t go through with it. So she leaves town the day of her wedding. Chloe ends up in her father
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 Ring a Ding Ding Stars*****
{BR with Mel, Dee, Sharon, and Wendy}

photo 35fb1199aeb63725014ddf1bf347fa11_zpsea624266.jpg

Alice Clayton, have I told you I loved you lately??!!
Seriously, you and I need to be BFFs!! I just want to hang out with you and you can tell me stories all day long!

I just ADORED this one! It had the right mix of the funny, the sexy, and the angst. It is pretty much a guarantee that when I pick up a book written by this lady, that I am going to have a big old smile on my face and will be falling in love with the main char
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“Everybody’s dealing with some stuff, darlin’. Sometimes it’s just nice to deal with it while looking at a gorgeous hunk of man.”

photo maitaidupcollage.png

Chloe has just done the unthinkable. She left her fiance at the alter. Well, not the alter exactly, but she called off her engagement the day of the wedding. All her life Chloe has been the perfect daughter and she saw herself well on her way to becoming the perfect wife. The only problem with it all? She wasn't happy, she wasn't being herself, and most
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Alice Clayton Fans, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
4.5 Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Alice Clayton has a way... a way with humor, honesty and just swoony men. She comes up with an idea...then jumps off the cliff taking us with her...

This addition to her Cocktail series grabbed me from the get go...she hit all the things we could identify with; being taught to watch what we ate, how we stood and what was expected of us... These are things which may have been drilled into us.... the limits on calories
Beverly
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

"I don’t want to marry Charles Preston Sappington! Not today. Not any day.”

That is how this story begins. It is Chloe’s wedding day and just hours before she is supposed to marry Charles, she realizes she is not in love with him and doesn’t want to marry someone she doesn't love.

I can completely see and understand Chloe’s desire to find true love and not enter into a marriage of convenience. All of Chloe’s life she has been the daughter her mother wanted her to be. She has competed in
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
3.5-4 Ginger Kryptonite Stars!
(BR with Sharon, Patty, Dee & Wendy)

photo b9278b93-e3e4-410e-a209-3906ed1c6250.jpg

photo 358c6c42-a85f-45fb-b7e6-6e239e3d9d7b.jpg

Chloe Patterson aka chickie baby is a 24 yr. old woman living in San Diego, California. She was raised by a mother that believed appearances were everything, & you had to be as close to perfect as possible. She was in pageants from a young age, and is currently Miss Golden State. She's your typical beautiful, blonde California girl. She lives with a mother who is fake, vain, insincere, and believes you can never be too s
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Mai Tai'd Up features Chloe, Clark's from Screwdrivered cousin. Remember the scene at the pizza place? Yep, that's her. And she's decided on her wedding day that she doesn't want to get married...so she doesn't. She's decided to do things her way.

I just have to start with the blurb. If you haven't read it, please go and do so...it is hilarious. In fact, it's almost better than the book! Kudos to whoever writes them for this series...they are fantastic!

Chloe's been brought up to be a pageant qu
Dee Montoya
*****4.5 Chickie Baby Stars****

{BR with Mel, Patty, Sharon, and Wendy}

photo 2c146228-1cf3-4d45-8824-a8ca5143d1c9_zps9ca53dd9.jpg

What a wonderful book!!!! Seriously people, DO NOT PASS THIS UP. Yet another wholehearted and hilarious book by the talented Alice Clayton; her books never fail to make me laugh, swoon and even blush, Loved it!!

Set in California, we meet Chloe, she's one day away for getting married but is feeling a bit of cold feet during the rehearsal dinner when she realizes she's more interested in the delicious artichoke soufflé than ce
Denisa
2.5 Meh

summing up this story in 1 GIF

**Unpopular opinion here**
I got bored.
It wasn't a bad read or anything, it was just pretty boring. Started off pretty good but at about half I wanted to go to sleep.

Didn't really love the characters, either, they felt pretty fake for some reason. The two had no chemistry, I felt absolutely nothing while reading this book (except annoyed, but that doesn't count). Plus, all the poor-pretty-little-rich-girl thing starts getting tiresome at one point...

Not a
★★★
Mai Tai'd Up is the fourth installment in Alice Clayton's adult contemporary romance series titled: Cocktail. Ms. Clayton has a knack for combining some very laughable moments with her romance. I have never been disappointed!

Mai Tai'd Up has romance, humor, drama, classy music, cocktails, and some tear jerking doggie moments. I did have a few eye rolls though. The heroine is keeping some pretty pertinent information from the hero and I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the sh*t to hit th
AJ
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 sassy, funny and flirty stars

I “fudging” love Alice Clatyon! Her stories always make me laugh, with strong heroines, charmingly sexy heroes, and heart-pounding but slightly quirky romance that is both hot and hilarious. While technically, this is book four of the Cocktail series, it could very easily be read as a standalone – although each of the books in this series are fantastic, so I highly recommend you indulge!

We met Chloe briefly in Screwdrivered, where she was introduced as the cousin o
La-Lionne
***2.5 who let the dogs out stars***

description

The book is well written, and for super dog loves it is a treat. I however didn't care for so much dog talk.

The beginning really hocked me in. It was original and interesting. But I personally thought author used way to much digital space on introducing us to the characters, that she completely forgot that it was suppose to be a romance story. Then, when our two main characters finally met, which didn't happen until half way into the story, the goddamn dogs t
Nikki
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 "Gingers are my kryptonite" Stars

Cause who doesn't like a ginger??
description

I thought this was marginally funny compared to the rest of Alice Clayton's books. The 1st 25% was really slow for me. Chloe left her man the day of her wedding. Lucas got left at the altar. They meet and sparks fly, and fly, and fly. I loved how they were good buds. And I absolutely loved the whole dog rescue shop Chloe set up.

But this is also one of those slow build type of books, no nookie until like 75% so at some point I
Christine Alibutud
"Local gossip reports that she ditched her fiancé the night before their wedding (true), and that she moved up north to start a new life (also true). She didn’t want to be tied down (true), but she wouldn’t mind being tied up—especially by that hot vet she’s seen around town a few times (true, true, and have-you-seen-his-butt?-true)"

Okay, I can tell this is going to be hilarious!!!
description

Yay, another installment!!!! Can't wait!!
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
3.5 Stars.

Readers should not expect a repeat performance of Wallbanger with each subsequent story in Alice Clayton's COCKTAIL series. Sure, each story is wrought with humor and sexual angst, eccentric, refreshing characters and a quirky romance. But they all deviate from the previous books in their own unique way and Mai Tai'd Up is no exception.

Mai Tai'd Up introduces us to former pageant queen, Chloe Patterson, who's just jilted her groom-to-be, rebelled against everything her snob of a mothe
Lindsay
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid but unexciting addition to this series.

Chloe is a beauty queen Californian princess who has let her mother run her life and finally rebels on the day that she would have got married to a man she didn't love. (And who tells her 'no' when she says she wants to continue working with a charity she loves). So now she's in Monterey looking for a life change and finding it in a pit bull rescue operation and a friendship (or something more?) with local vet Lucas.

This has a lot of the wit that wa
Michelle
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book still haven't took over wallbanger an 2 honest I don't think anyone can add up 2 Simon an Caroline I was a bit confused 2 why we had this book cause they were only really connected 2 Clark Chloes cousin an Lucas was sophias cousin we have seen both characters in other books but I was just a bit confused but it doesn't take much ;)

The start of the book starts out with Chloe gettin married 2 charlie who I thought we a knob he just wanted someone who was pretty on his arm an h
Nadia
Oh my god, this book was just too perfect! Exactly what I needed. Light, easy to read, funny, with characters you're gonna love and a story that might break your heart a little, Mai Tai'd Up will provide the perfect escape for a cold winter day.
Highly recommended if you're feeling down or bored, if you find yourself in a book slump, or just need to relax after a long day. Read it!
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Crying!! From laughter. This book would make a great movie!

Alice Clayton writes funny. sexy, adult romantic comedies. There's plenty of steam and always just the right amount of emotional tension to deliver a good, light, satisfying read.

Mai Tai’d Up is the story of Chloe and Lucas. This is a standalone and although Chloe was mentioned in Screwdrivered, you do not need to read the previous books! You can dive right in, and you will enjoy the story.

Chloe is a "runaway bride" and realizes that
Toni FGMAMTC
So after seeing that Sam Heughan was the author's muse for Lucas Campbell, I was all—oh, yummy—and even more eager to read.

Chloe has always been the perfect pageant/high society daughter. Her mother manages Chloe's life down to the last detail, setting her up for the finest. Chloe has been living in a fog without real emotions. On the day she is suppose to wed a man she doesn't even love, Chloe mentally snaps out of it and decides to make a change. This change leads to moving away, becoming i
warhawke
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Mai Tai’d Up
Author: Alice Clayton
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Book 4 of Coctail series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

This book is a light, easy, fun reading of a newly single girl looking re-examining her life. Chloe recently ditched her intended the morning they were supposed to get married because she couldn’t be someone’s trophy. Having a hovering mother didn’t help her case either.

So to get away from it all, she visited her father’s vacation home in hope of figuring out what
CeCe
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, read-in-2014, arc
It took a while for the story to get started. We definitely learn about what caused Chloe to break the engagement to her fiancé and move away. You cannot help but like Chloe Patterson.
Lucas just got over an engagement as well. His fiancé too left him at the alter and was a beauty pageant like Chloe. Chloe had similar backgrounds with their history in pageants and then in appearance as well. Lucas had some feelings about his ex-fiancé. Even though I could not exactly call it pining, it was somet
Arlene
Another fun installment to the Cocktail series by Alice Clayton! Sweet, sexy and fun. Perfect romantic fix!

Chloe Patterson, a former beauty queen, is about to embark on an exciting new chapter of life as she prepares to marry her perfect match. But when doubts set in and she walks out on her wedding, she heads for a seaside town in Monterrey to figure out what she really wants out of life.

As she begins to redefine herself and with the help of the local veterinarian, Lucas Campbell, she realizes
Elodie
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars! FINALLY another great book in this series! Hallelujah! After being so disappointed with the last two, I went into Mai Tai'd Up a little... nervous. But, boy, I loved it!

The book was great, the characters were lovable, the story wasn't boring and there wasn't too much drama. In other words, a perfectly good book. And I still love Alice Clayton's humour!

Just a little little little thing that bothered me though... I'm only giving the book 4 stars because I thought the dirty talk was weird
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Not sure how it fits with the story
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Steamy
Overall: Really cute
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Life after a breakup
Page Turner: sure
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Lucas

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
For me, I preferred this over Wallbanger. It was really cute page turner that had me wanting to know how things would play out in the end. I’m glad I read.

For a full review and yummy pic, see my blog post at:

Liloshadow (ReNee)
The Dogs Were the Best Part! 3.5 Stars

I was so back and forth with this story..."Ooooh its finally getting good!...I'm bored already...it's picking up!...oh wait no, it's not. " I mean seriously, you have to wait till page 195 for the first kiss. 195!!! It's funny and quirky in parts...although, I got reaaaaaaaal sick of hearing the word fudge. The rescued dogs were the most moving and emotional part of the story. (I seriously teared up because of the abused dogs...a hardcore soft spot for me) I
Sara Kate
Alice Clayton never fails to crack me up. Chloe I did think was a tad bit ridiculous and I didn't enjoy her all that much but I did Lucas and I like the concept of the plot line. Oh course I laughed a bunch especially right at the end. Whenever I need a good laugh or a good pick me up read Alice Clayton never fails me.
Ivana★
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one :D

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

24-year old San Diego native Chloe (we met her in Screwdrivered - she was our sexy librarian's cousin!) is about to get married to Charles Preston Sappington. (LOL @ the name!!!)

It's not what she really wants. It's what's expected. She grew up in the country-club world of rich people and she never really had a goal in life. It was only ever just assumed she would get married to a rich doctor or lawyer and have babies.

Other than the animal charities she donated her time to, during her pageant ti
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Oh this was such a fun, fun book! Exactly what I was in the mood for. I tried reading this a few months ago, but I was going through a slump and I decided to put it aside and wait for the audiobook. I’ve heard Screwdrivered on audio so I knew that the narrator was great. I also think the MC’s inner monologue works best on audio. I only got to about 20% on the ebook before putting it aside, but once I put on the audiobook, I ended up listening to this in one sitting. I just couldn’t turn it off. ...more
♥♥ Serious About ...: Buddy Read - Mai Tai'd Up Dec 15th to 22nd 47 21 Dec 23, 2014 06:06AM
Fifty Shades of R...: December 2014 ~ BOTM ~ Mai Tai'd Up by Alice Clayton 12 49 Dec 12, 2014 08:09PM
That Cover. 1 59 Jan 16, 2014 08:14PM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Tamed (Tangled, #3)
  • Making Motions (Lawyers in Love, #6.5)
  • Saving Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #3)
  • Closer to the Edge (Playing with Fire, #4)
  • Sinners Rock the Cradle (Sinners on Tour, #7)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Last Light (Night Owl, #2)
  • Ripped (Real, #5)
  • How to Marry an Idiot (Friend-Zoned, #4)
  • Untitled (Hollywood Hearts, #3)
  • Passion & Ponies (Chocoholics, #2)
  • Binge (The Seven Deadly, #6)
  • The Pairing (The Proposition, #3)
  • White Trash Love Song (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
ALICE CLAYTON worked in the cosmetics industry for over a decade before picking up a pen (read laptop).

She enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up, and finally convinced her long-time boyfriend to marry her.

Now, about that Bernese Mountain dog.

Cocktail (4 books)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)
  • Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3)
“If I was going to have a life of air and nothing, I’d at least like a big fat dick to bounce on.” 6 likes
“His eyes were on my behind. And when caught? Didn’t even have the decency to blush. Naughty boy.” 3 likes