Start by marking “Assassination Classroom, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Assassination Classroom, Vol. 01

Assassination Classroom, Vol. 01

(暗殺教室 / Assassination Classroom #1)

The students in Class 3-E of Kunugigaoka Junior High have a new teacher: an alien octopus with bizarre powers and unlimited strength, who's just destroyed the moon and is threatening to destroy the earth - unless they can kill him first!

Meet the would-be assassins of class 3-E: Sugino, who let his grades slip and got kicked off the baseball team. Karma, who's doing well in
Published December 2nd 2014 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 2nd 2012)

Start your review of Assassination Classroom, Vol. 01
Jon Nakapalau
Cross The Breakfast Club with The Most Dangerous Game and The Magnificent Seven - now you have Assassination Club! The students in Class 3-E (remedial class) of Kunugigaoka Junior High have a new teacher this semester: an alien octopus (whose head is the classic 70's 'smiley' face) with bizarre powers and almost unlimited speed and strength! He just destroyed the moon and is threatening to destroy the earth - unless they can kill him first - and claim a HUGE monetary reward, going from loser to ...more
Shannon
It's probably weird to find a being that's destroyed most of the moon and plans on destroying Earth if he isn't assassinated in a year ... kind of lovable, cute, and squishy.

But ... I love Korosensei.

~ A rather bookish
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This was quite refreshing, if not a tad odd to read. The story is just utter nonsense really, and that might be one of the reasons why it has appealed to me. I'm not joking, the plot is absurd.
The story centres on some octopus-like squishy kind of guy, who is wanted by the Japanese ministry of defense, for destroying the majority of the moon. For some reason, he is given a teaching position in a school, so that he will cause no panic, but everyday, a classroom full of kids, that just happen to
Ilias
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
After reading all the volumes available ...I am still wondering if Nagisa is a girl or a boy
Donovan
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

I have never read manga. Ever. Reading right to left is confusing, it's black and white (or at least this one is), and it's weird, even by comic standards. So it's never appealed to me. But I'm open minded and this gets incredible reviews. So here we are. I read manga.

So how do I as a non-manga reader describe Assassination Classroom? Absurdism. It makes no sense and you just have to go with it for pure nonsensical entertainment value. Koro Sensei, a pun meaning "the teacher that can't be kille
Sam Quixote
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Assassination Classroom has an absolutely batshit premise: a talking tentacle monster with a smiley face who can move at Mach 20 destroys most of the moon and will do the same to Earth in a year unless humanity somehow stops him. Oh and the monster - called Koro Sensei after a pun on the Japanese word “koro-senai” meaning “can’t be killed” - wants nothing more than to be a high school teacher!

All of which is fine by me - silliness, unique setups, and imagination aren’t my problem with this comic
Victoria ♡
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
Just re read this bc it’s been so long since i read vol 1, but i just watched the anime and i really wanna get i to this again!!

Jun 2018 >>> I really didn't know what to expect going into this series but it's so fun! I'm reading at the same time as my sister so I have to wait for her to read so I can, so it's gonna take a while to get through it all...but I'm super excited for volume 2!

David Schaafsma
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Crazy premise: A goofy-looking smiley-faced monster has already destroyed much of the moon, and now threatens to destroy Earth, in one year, but he also wants to become a teacher. For some reason. And he's a good teacher, too. Koro Sensei, they call him. The unkillable teacher.

So, his low-performing students, in order to prevent the unthinkable, must assassinate him, of course, and he is aware of this but is so far unkillable, though they seem to be making progress in their goal, getting more in
Annie
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 out of 5 Stars
Nope, that's not for me.
Kitkat
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I love that Koro sensei taught the class about some life lessons. I know they're trying to kill him but it's very interesting. I can't wait to see what will happen. Also how he killed a woman and became a teacher for her death. I'm curious of the background.
Roxanne
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-2017
Possibly one of the strangest books i have ever read, and that's saying something. I did really like this one, it's funny and it's kinda sweet for you know a bunch of kids trying to kill their alien teacher.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Assassination Classroom, Volume 01 (Assassination Classroom #1), Yūsei Matsui
Raina
I have tried to get into manga over and over again, and after listening to a teen describe this series, decided to give it a go.

Alien from some other planet invades earth, gives a timeline for when he's going to destroy it, and insists on being placed in the position of a teacher for a bottom-of-the-barrel school. The students are tasked with killing the alien before it's too late.

It's a ridiculous gimmick, and goofy, and not terrible to get through, so I finished this first volume, but feel no
Eli
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, manga, sci-fi
This was one of the weirdest things I have ever read... and it was awesome!

The art didn't feel convoluted and confusing like a lot of manga does for me. The characters were slightly average, but still likable. It had some good humor, mostly in the form of one-liners. The dialogue flowed well, too. The plot is one of the most original plots that I have ever experienced. It was really weird in a really good way.

Definitely going to continue this series.
Stewart Tame
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly likeable, much like Koro Sensei himself. The premise is totally on crack: Most of the Moon is destroyed by a being of unimaginable power, and he promises to do the same to the Earth one year later. In the meantime, he wants to teach. So a group of Japanese high school students have him as their teacher. He helps them learn, they try to kill him before the year is up. And he encourages them. And it's really cheerful and goofy. It's one of those premises that, if someone tells you abo ...more
Wendi Lee
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
It's been a long time since I delved into the world of manga, and I wasn't sure what to read first. The librarian at my local branch recommended "Assassination Classroom," which she called "a lot of fun." Well, she wasn't wrong! I giggled at the premise: an octopus-esque alien has destroyed most of the moon, and is threatening to decimate the world in a year's time. The only people allowed to kill him (or even attempt it) are the students of classroom 3-E. It turns out that the alien, later dubb ...more
Derek Royal
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is very unlikely premise, and I seriously wondered what my reaction would be to this series. The verdict: wonderful! This is one of the most curious works I've read all year. Nicely crafted, and so much fun. Shea and I discussed the first six volumes of this series on a recent manga episode: http://comicsalternative.com/manga-re.... ...more
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Highly amusing and full of black humor. I was clearly surprised by how good it was.
Vernieda
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-manga, shounen
Assassination Classroom has one of those premises you can only expect to find in manga. It doesn't quite reach the level of a girl being raised by pigeons and her love interest, a guy whose tragic backstory involves his beloved mentor being run over by a backhoe*... but this is along those same lines.

The basic story is this: an alien tentacle monster blows up most of the moon and then comes down to Earth to become a homeroom teacher. As you do. And one of the things he ends up teaching his stude
Despair Speaking
This is one awesome, unique manga, I give you that. I recommend it. It's a mixture of comedy, action, and alien fun! In fact, you can even learn some pretty useful things from it.

An alien is threatening to destroy the world exactly one year later. He is a tentacled monster that can change its shape, reach Mach 20 speed, and think of 100 ways to stop a missile while you're still about to press the button to launch the missile. In other words, he's invincible. But he offers a chance for humans to
GrilledCheeseSamurai (Scott)
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A squid type tentacle creature with a happy face destroys half of the moon and says that he is going to do the same thing to the earth in one years time. The dude can travel at the speed of Mach 20 and can't really be killed by any conventional means...except for rubber knives and bb gun pellets.

Luckily for the earth, he gives us a chance. He requests to be a junior high teacher and will instruct the classroom on how to assassinate him (as well as being a regular teacher in the subjects of Math/
Tracey
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, now I have a new addiction. What the fuck is up with these weird mangas I've been reading lately? This alien teacher is just insane. But I love it. I was literally laughing out loud, not just in my head, at the shit he was saying. The dialogue translates really well to English. And the art is awesome. I just need to read more of this as quickly as possible.
Julia Sapphire
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, manga
3.75 out of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this! Such a unique and fun premise. This is full of humor and snarky characters and I am excited to pick up volume two eventually. The only thing that I didn't like was the first half was so repetitive.
Amber
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the premise was promising. the story delivered. their evil alien teacher was somewhat likeable which brought more to the story. I think I'll continue on in this series because all the students were individual and great
Madara
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5
Yeah... Not for me. Seems really repetitive and hard to follow.
But you do you boo!
Alexxy (Temporary Hiatus because I'm Writing a Thesis)
The first volume of the famous story of Koro-Sensei. I watched the three first episodes of the anime, then decided to just read the manga first before it was too late. lol

Thoughts on each chapter:
(view spoiler)
Lysiane
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was okay, that's the best I can say. I only finished the first volume until now so I can't talk about the whole series or storyline truthfully (which I'll do once I passed a couple of volumes at least) but it seemed quite slow and repetitive. I feel like if I read once more the sentence "AND WE HAVE TO KILL OUR PROFESSOR" I might actually kill someone myself. It was so irritating at some point to have every two pages the same reminder "we are a class of assassins and we have to kill our teach ...more
Xing
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really too sure what to make of Assassination Classroom. In short, it's about a tentacle-alien monster that destroyed most of the moon, and then requested to be a teacher to the notorious Class 3-E. And by notorious, I mean a classroom full of delinquents and people on the cusp of dropping out - or so most people believe. Furthermore, the government agency in Japan is awarding a 10 billion dollar reward to the student(s) who assassinate the tentacle-alien-teacher monster, who in turn enc ...more
Lissette
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A strange creature has destroyed the moon, and is promising to do the same to earth. But that'll be too easy! So the creature makes a deal: he will teach a class of misfit students for one year. If they can assassinate him during that time, the earth will be saved! If not, everyone is doomed. But how can a group of kids kill a creature that can move at Mach 20––and is also the best teacher they've ever had?

This is a fun, unique, action-paced manga that's oddly sweet for story about trying to kil
Peter Derk
Preposterous and great.

Here's the deal:

This weird octopus creature guy blew the moon apart, then said that he would do the same to Earth in one year, however during the waiting period, he would teach a single class of students who were invited to try and assassinate him all the time, all year.

It makes no sense, which is what makes it great. Also, flavors of Peter Parker in being a powerful, world-destroying monster who doesn't have enough cash for a hot meal.

It gets a little "O Captain my capta
YouTube Anime/Man...: Assassination Classroom Discussion 1 1 Jul 02, 2019 04:16AM
Mangaphilia: Assassination Classroom 2 1 Apr 09, 2018 08:52PM
Shounen Manga Boo...: Assassination Classroom 10 19 Oct 16, 2016 08:44PM

• ハイキュー!! 1 日向と影山 [Haikyū!! 1 Hinata to Kageyama]
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 01 (Hunter x Hunter, #1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 1 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 1]
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十三
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Attack on Titan, #2)
  • 約束のネバーランド 1 [Yakusoku no Neverland 1]
  • Noragami 01 (Noragami: Stray God, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 2 (Black Butler, #2)
  • Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1)
  • My Hero Academia, Vol. 1 (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • ワンパンマン 1 [Wanpanman 1] (Onepunch-Man, #1)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1  (Blue Exorcist, #1)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1: The Monkey King (Dragon Ball, #1)
  • ハイキュー!! 4 ライバル [Haikyū!! 4 Rival]
  • 地縛少年 花子くん 0 [Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun 0] (Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, #0)
  • Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2)
Yūsei Matsui (松井優征 Matsui Yūsei?, born January 31, 1981 in Saitama, Japan) is a manga artist known for manga Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. He was an assistant of Yoshio Sawai, the manga artist of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Shirota Masakage made a cameo appearance in Shinsetsu Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo).

暗殺教室 / Assassination Classroom (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • 暗殺教室 2 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2] (Assassination Classroom, #2)
  • 暗殺教室 3 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 3] (Assassination Classroom, #3)
  • 暗殺教室 4 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 4] (Assassination Classroom, #4)
  • 暗殺教室 5 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 5] (Assassination Classroom, #5)
  • 暗殺教室 6 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 6] (Assassination Classroom, #6)
  • 暗殺教室 7 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 7] (Assassination Classroom, #7)
  • 暗殺教室 8 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 8] (Assassination Classroom, #8)
  • 暗殺教室 9 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 9] (Assassination Classroom, #9)
  • 暗殺教室 10 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 10] (Assassination Classroom, #10)
  • 暗殺教室 11 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 11] (Assassination Classroom, #11)