Start by marking “My Love Story!!, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
My Love Story!!, Vol. 2

My Love Story!!, Vol. 2

(My Love Story!! #2)

New at love, Takeo and Yamato excitedly begin their romantic relationship... but between friends who badmouth Takeo and a judo tournament that will separate the two for a month, are they going to survive as a couple beyond the honeymoon stage?
Published October 7th 2014 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about My Love Story!!, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Love Story!!, Vol. 2

David Schaafsma
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second volume of maybe the most adorable shoji/romance manga I have read so far (which is not THAT much, but this one stands out for me). We have three central characters, Takeo, a 6'6", 265 pound guy who is all heart but not a likely romantic lead. He intervenes on behalf of (petite) Yamato who is being bothered by some guy on a train; she makes him a dessert to thank him, and she begins to like him. Takeo assumes she would prefer his typically gorgeous best friend, Sunakawa, but nope, Takeo an ...more
Nicole
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, comedy, shoujo, manga
Yamato and Takeo are the sweetest, most heart-melting couple in all of shoujo manga, and the fact that they get together as early as the first volume so we have time to see them go through other relationship things is a wonderful divergence from shoujo manga norms.

Suna is the most relatable character I have every read in anything ever and I love him. It's super rare for my very asexual ass to identify with a character this strongly, especially in a romance story .
Yon Nyan (BiblioNyan)
While things are still fluffy and adorable, serious issues are also brought up. But overall there's just so much warmth and compassion in regards to friendship in this volume, I can't help but swoon.
Bookishrealm
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was AMAZING. I love the dynamic of friendship between friends and romantic interest. It's nice to see such a healthy relationship displayed for all readers. They're just so cute and I love that they are willing to sacrifice to make sure they are happy as well as their significant other. I won't go into much detail because this is the second volume but just know that I truly enjoyed every single page of this volume and I can't wait to get to the next one.
Nicola Mansfield
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've had the pleasure of reading Vol. 1 & 4, and now find myself backing up to fill in the blanks. This is such a sweet, naive and innocent love story between a big burly, not so attractive teenager and a quie, cute petite girl. They are madly in "innocent" love with each other and in this volume are starting to learn what being boy/girl -friend is all about. Caring, respect, honesty and trust. This volume is quite episodic with some hilarious scenes especially involving Takeo but there is h ...more
Holly Letson
Takeo and Yamada's sweet love continues. This time, Takeo promises her to spend all day with her on her birthday, but ends up not being able to, since Suna's father is having surgery that day. I thought it was sweet that Yamada didn't get upset with him, when he told her that he had to go.
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first volume. The friendship between the boys was phenomenal to see here, and in general there was a moment that described friendship so well. And of course the romance continues to be lovely! I adore these characters!
Jill Kenna
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really cute volume! I really love the friendship that Suna and Takeo have; they're so supportive of each other.
Shala
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These characters are so pure!!! I will continue to read about these pure teens!
Meepelous
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
So, digging into this second volume the goodness only seems to continue and perhaps even gather momentum! Because in this volume we not only get to follow on with Takeo and Yamato as their love continues to bloom but we also get to meet a few more side characters, including Takeo's mother.Takeo's mother, Yuriko Gōda, was a real breath of fresh air for me because, despite the fact that she resembles her super manly son in many ways, she is also a very recognizably good mother - plus she's pregnan ...more
Sarah Hayes
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sarah by: Katie
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
So I pretty much cried a little at every chapter. Everything about this manga hits me right in the heart. I love Takeo and Yamato. I love Takeo and Sunakawa. I love Takeo and Yamato and Sunakawa. I love how supportive they are of each other. I especially love that romance doesn't shaft friendship or vice versa, and that Sunakawa actively helps Takeo's relationship with Yamato. I also kinda love the work uniform Takeo wears for his part-time job ♥ I'm so very glad I am still reading this series!
Angie
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, humor, manga
Their first hurdle overcome. Love it! It wasn't even a real hurdle thanks to... never mind.

Volume 2 has kept up with volume one, and I am happy to report that the giggles continue to come in this one. As well as some maniacal laughter that made my husband glance at me curiously.

I haven't enjoyed something this precious and adorable for a while.
Amber
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've abandoned my plans for the day. See me read this series all the way through before I even put on day-clothes and go for my job. ; ;

Is there anything more to say? I mean, it's still just as adorable as the first, so ONWARD!
Renay
Seriously, this manga is so cute and heartwarming along every axis of romance/friendship that exists. MY FACE HURTS FROM GRINNING THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH.
Jessica-Robyn
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
My Love Story is the exact kind of fluff that I have been looking for. Sometimes you just need a story that pumps some sugar into your cold, dead heart without having to think too much about the story.

The only thing is, I don't know where this story is going. The first and second volumes are very episodic. Any hint of conflict is quickly resolved and there really aren't any hints of a bigger through line. Suna is still giving off some major vibes, but it's hard to say if that is something that w
Mahra
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*this review is for the entire manga*

1. If you want to read a cute shoujo manga with nice twist, this is the one.

2. The characters are cute, but it’s a shoujo manga so there is some drama.

3. I like the art, this author’s art is my fav.

4. I kinda hoped the author showed us an epilogue about how their relationship went and stuff but all in all I loved it.

5. I enjoyed reading this manga so I totally giving it 5 stars. (I’m sure if I read it in another mood i would give it 4 stars)
Shanna Hurd
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, manga, teen
Yamato asks Takeo to meet her friends at a mixer with unexpected consequences. Then Takeo tries to plan the perfect birthday for Yamato. Meanwhile, Suanakawa has been acting strange, and Takeo tries to figure out how to help.

Like the first volume, I loved this story. Takeo is a fun character, Yamato's complete adoration for him is adorable, and I love the friendship between Takeo and Sunakawa. Can't wait to read the third volume.
Sally
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Takeo and Yamamoto meet their first obstacle as a couple as they introduce each other to their friends. Remain a cute couple and are still in stupid love with each other.

More of my thoughts on my blog.
Seamaiden
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-comics
Another beautiful volume but even though the genre is romantic comedy my heart aches for Makoto.
It's clear to me he is in love with Takeo. In this volume he has to deal with the possibility of losing his father and still he has the heart and strength to help Takeo arrange a series of surprises for his girlfriend's birthday. :(
Jenny (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
** 4.5 stars **
MillaMaxwell
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Takeo's story of love and friendship continues, with just as much hilarity and heart as volume 1!
Angela
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Too cute, kinda boring, not enough conflict, I think this is the last volume in this series I will read.
Chris
Shelves: manga, manga-shelf
Sooo goood
Maud
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The cutest in not only romantic love, but also love between friends♡
Isabella
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fluff, beautiful-art
i absolutely LOVE how this isn't just a story about romance, it's heavily focused on friendship too!!
Celinda Reyes
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soooooo cute!!! Definitely a MUST READ for all Shojo and or contemporary romance fans!!!
Tanya
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-manga-not-1st
This story is so cute, kind of obnoxiously cute. But I still like it.
Lara
Okay, yeah, this one is still super cute. I will keep reading it!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Let's Dance a Waltz 1
  • 14歳の恋 2 [14-sai no Koi 2] (Love at Fourteen, #2)
  • Otomen, Tome 8 (Otomen, #8)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 6
  • Sweetness and Lightning 1
  • Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, Volume 2 (Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, #2)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 7
  • My Girlfriend's a Geek, Volume 2
  • Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4: Includes Vol. 7  8
  • Sunkissed (Ladybirds, #3)
  • 食戟のソーマ 12 [Shokugeki no Souma 12] (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma, #12)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, tome 4 (Happy Marriage, #4)
Birth Date: March 11th, 1972
Blood Type: A
Zodiac: Pisces

Kazune Kawahara made her manga debut at age 18 with Kare no Ichiban Sukina Hito (His Most Favorite Person). Also, while thinking of her manga, she often spaces out and brings grocery baskets home. Adores her nieces.

My Love Story!! (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 1
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 3
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 4
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 5
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 6
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 7
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 8
  • 俺物語!! 9 [Ore Monogatari!! 9]
  • 俺物語!! 10 [Ore Monogatari!! 10] (My Love Story!!, #10)
  • 俺物語!! 11 [Ore Monogatari!! 11] (My Love Story!!, #11)