Start by marking “The Lusty Vegan: A Cookbook and Relationship Manifesto for Vegans and Those Who Love Them” as Want to Read:

 A cookbook and advice guide for vegans dating non-vegans. Delicious recipes by a respected chef, and advice on relationships, dating, and sex when one wants tofu while the other wants a cheese burger. Irreverent humor, solid advice, and good eats!

 This combination cookbook and lifestyle book takes a unique look at inter-palate partnering, with personal stories and tips
Published October 7th 2014 by Vegan Heritage Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Lusty Vegan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lusty Vegan

Start your review of The Lusty Vegan: A Cookbook and Relationship Manifesto for Vegans and Those Who Love Them
Sara
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
Yes, I read this yet have not made any recipes out of it but I have a ton marked. Each introduction was unique and they made smile and laugh. I loved the take on relationships and different diets and the whole "Would you break up with me if I ate chicken" part was comical. It's all about the compromise. Each author was honest and to the point all the way down to telling you not to be a dick and try to change someone and that moment you know it's time to break up, so you do, only to have the guy ...more
Barry
Jan 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Awful book - appalling.

The premise of the book is that this is a cookbook for vegans cohabiting with non-vegans and is also some kind of relationship 'self-help' for vegans.

All I can say, is this book is absolute garbage - the authors are arrogant, up themselves, come across as pretty dislikable on every page. They clearly have a positive body image (OR THEY THINK THEY ARE SMOKING HOT) as they are in their underwear on pretty much every page.

There are some appaling attitudes in this book - the
Sharon
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
I found this book a little disappointing, it's part cookbook part advice column. Most of the recipes are quite heavy and although the vegan not something that I see myself making.
Tamara
Aug 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
When I took this book out of the library, I wasn't expecting it to be a dating guide with a few recipe thrown in. I guess I didn't read past 'Cookbook'. Oh well.
Although I understand some people might like the long rants on how to cope with non-vegans, I didn't really understand why the authors always got so frustrated about their partner eating meat or dairy. As a vegan myself, I have sometimes tried to convert one or two family members, but after a while, everyone just wants to be left alone.
Alli
Oct 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: food
More self-righteous manifesto, less delicious vegan recipes (and an over-reliance on seitan and soy). Based on how many pictures there were of the authors in their underwear, I don't know what I was expecting.
Sophia
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Delicious Recipes

Recipes were not too complicated did not require a lot of ingredients and were delicious. Love the dialog that came with each chapter
Quince Winstyn
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Picked this up expecting a whole tone of recipes, not some cheesy love anecdotes and advice!
Rachel Becerra
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Kezia
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm picky about the way cookbooks are organized, and the logic/illogic of sequencing. This one does a nice job of grouping recipes according to the connecting thread of dating/love/lust and the stages of a relationship. (The breakup chapter is dessert, so you can stuff sweets into the mouth part of your face while you grieve.) It loses a little of this potency (heh) at the end, in the chapter on reusing leftovers - who in the world ever has leftover nacho cheese sauce - but otherwise it's ...more
Shanae
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really wanted this cookbook! And I'm so happy to have received it as a gift. Not all of the recipes interested me, but they looked very good. I'm anxious to start cooking. The advice for the relationship portion of the book is pretty common sense to me...but you never know. The authors seem like very fun people and I look forward to cookbooks from them in the future. I recommend this book specifically to vegetarians and vegans, however. Though aimed at both, the book would most likely interest ...more
Alex Linschoten
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vegan
Pretty niche interest / audience, but very useful and interesting for them nonetheless. The conversational tone of the writing makes it hard to skim, unfortunately. Not that satisfying to read on a Kindle or digital device, as the colour and pictures are missing, and also the navigation / ebook formatting weren't done very well.
Jennie
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Bright, colourful and fresh, I got excited about the recipes:

Watermelon Mimosa and Cloud 9 Pancakes just to start.

Light hearted spin on sensuality in the kitchen to pair with your dishes.

Modern, fun and creative it's on my Christmas list for my personal library.

Unique. Check it out!
Elvira
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! It offers good relationship advice for vegans while also teaching you some really delicious-looking vegan recipes. I'm definitely not much of a cook and mainly rely on microwaving so I'm excited that after reading this book I feel an urge to try out these recipes. Thanks, guys!
Sandi
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Loved the stories and tidbits :) A riot to read - and my husband is vegan, I'm not so it was also informative!
A
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recipes? Good. Terrible sex puns on nearly every page? No.
Amuse
Jul 11, 2018
Ivy
Dec 26, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Vegan Cooking & C...: The Lusty Vegan by Ayinde Howell and Zoe Eisenberg 6 20 Feb 18, 2016 03:17AM

• What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Blacker: A Memoir in Essays
  • Coming of Age in the Other America
  • What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures
  • Sojourner Truth: Ain't I a Woman?
  • The Women of Brewster Place
  • Training School for Negro Girls
  • Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention
  • The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
  • The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row
  • The Last Black Unicorn
  • Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
  • Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man's Fundamentals for Delicious Living
  • Common Sense Pregnancy: Navigating a Healthy Pregnancy and Birth for Mother and Baby

News & Interviews