Start by marking “The Fae Ring (Highland Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fae Ring (Highland Secrets, #2)

The Fae Ring

(Highland Secrets #2)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Book Two in the time travel, fantasy romance trilogy, Highland Secrets!

She’s always been a dutiful daughter…

Janet MacLeod has spent the last ten years dedicated to her clan, acting as the Lady of the castle—at the cost of her own happiness.

She aches every time she looks at her brothers, both happy with their wives, and wants nothing more than a love of her own.

He’s a broke
Published June 1st 2014 by Smashwords (first published May 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Fae Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fae Ring

Ashley Daviau
This book was even better than the first in the series! I loved that we got to know more about the magic and how it worked, it made for a much more interesting and captivating story. I was slightly disappointed that there wasn't really any time travel but the other magical aspects did make up for it somewhat. I also really loved that it was the same cast of characters and that we got to know more about them. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to starting the third ...more
Now I Read Book Blog
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This is the second book in the " Highland Secrets " series from author C.A. Szarek . I think this one in the best in the series . This book is full of some love, drama, action, heart break, time travel and some very hot sexual chemistry that will leave you gasping for air.

As soon as I sat down and started reading this book I was drawled into what felt like was a different time and place. This book was full of emotional roller coaster of emotions that will have you on the edge of your seat wait
Marta Cox
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Second book in this series that features Scottish heart throbs with the addition of the Fae. This book follows on from Tartan MP3 Player and features a very tempting Fae warrior who sacrificed his magic and wings to follow his beloved cousin and her mate into the human world. Xander had been so used to using his magic that without it he feels lost but his honour is such that he has no regrets. His world is about to get even more complicated however as a magical ring in his family's possession wi ...more
Lori Garside
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is the first book of Ms. Szarek's that I've read - and that was not a problem. While the second book in a series, the author was able to give enough information about previous events, so I understood the story easily. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed The Fae Ring. It's got action, adventure, a beautiful maiden in distress and a faerie soldier! What more can a girl want?!

Xander was sworn to protect his cousin, Alana, forever. His magic is almost nonexistent in the human world. One afte
Mel Shank
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
THE FAE RING by C.A. Czarek

I have to admit that I think I have a major crush on C.A. Czarek. I bought THE FAE RING the moment it went live and did not even wait until the tour started to read it. THE FAE RING is the second book in the Highland Secrets Series but is a standalone. Czarek explains all you need to know from the first book in the series, THE TARTAN MP3 PLAYER, as needed. I really enjoyed THE FAE RING.

So I am really not a paranormal, fairy, fantasy kind of gal. I really try to avoid t
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"3.5 out of 5 stars! A compelling story about a woman who has taken the role of "lady of the house" since her mother died years ago and pretty much raised her nephew now wants a family of her own. Fate has come to her rescue in the form of her fae warrior mate, but is she willing to trust fate or does she want to hold out for love?

Xander and Janet are an intriguing pair, the more you learn about them the more you root for their relationship."

Read more of this review and a teaser here: http://fro
AnnMarie
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the series was equally as great as the first. There were twists and turns, happy times, and upsetting times, a very emotive book that I fully recommend.
Lynda
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

Pretty good for book 2. Had all the elements that I hoped it would. Can't wait to Read the next book
The Book Tart
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted http://thebooktart.com/book-review/th...

I’ve been eagerly waiting for C.A. Szarek’s sequel to The Tartan MP3 Player and a chance to revisit the world of the Highland Secrets series. The Fae Ring is book 2 and it’s a delicious mixture of paranormal and historical romance. Janet has been the lady of the castle since her mother died years before. She’s had responsibility and sense of place… but now her brothers are married and she is feeling lost… Where does she fit in now.
Jenni Schell
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
As I have not read the first book in this series, I was a little worried that I would have some trouble following the story. I was very wrong. This is a great story of romance and the paranormal and I enjoyed it very much.
Donna
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved how she could see the mating bond as well as him. I would love to see Xander be able to return home someday. Seeing as I started with book 2, I don't know what happened to cause him to be branded a traitor. I plan on reading book 1 in the near future.
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hard-copy, ecopy
The Fae Ring by C. A. Szarek

Fae, fated love and sacrifice are the core of this romance, the second in the trilogy.
Janet wants to be loved. Her brothers have found true love. Now it's her turn. Is fate a choice?
An emotional romance of the highlands. Nice surprise from family.
Carra
Dana
Dec 19, 2015
Maggie
Jul 06, 2014
USA Today Bestselling, award winning author of romantic suspense and epic fantasy romance, C.A. loves to dabble in different genres. If it's a good story, she'll write it, no matter where it seems to fit!

She's a hopeless romantic and always will be. Risking it all for Happily Ever After is what she lives by!

C.A. is originally from Ohio, but got to Texas as soon as she could. She's happily married

Highland Secrets (3 books)
  • The Tartan MP3 Player (Highland Secrets, #1)
  • The Parchment Scroll (Highland Secrets, #3)