Start by marking “Baby-sitters' Christmas Chiller (Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Baby-sitters' Christmas Chiller (Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery, #4)

Baby-sitters' Christmas Chiller

(The Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery #4)

The Christmas season takes on a spooky feeling when the members of the Baby-sitters Club become tangled up in a string of mysterious events.
Published August 26th 2014 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published December 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Baby-sitters' Christmas Chiller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby-sitters' Christmas Chiller

Start your review of Baby-sitters' Christmas Chiller (Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery, #4)
Nikki Glassley
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
The Baby-sitters' Christmas Chiller has been my favorite super special for a LONG time. It's over the top and I am here for it. There's good, clean, babysitting fun, a mysterious woman with amnesia, and an assortment of criminal activity! What more could you ask for in a book?!

Nothing at all, my friends. Nothing at all.
Amy Holland
The one sentence I highlighted from this book:

Big dead pancakes.
Ciara
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
five stars for pure insanity. none of the babysitters club mysteries are great, & the super mysteries are generally even worse, but this is the worst of the worst in terms of crazy-ass plots. it's also the last of the super mysteries. i am wondering if maybe the ghostwriter just threw all the unused mystery plots the scholastic editors had brainstormed into one book because they knew the mysteries were being phased out?

there are three big plots here, none of which are really connected at
Leah
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one takes place around Christmas and in Stoneybrook and NYC. Stacey and Claudia go to New York to visit Stacey's dad and boyfriend, Ethan. Weird things are happening to the girls, and they solve the mystery. Dawn, Mary Anne, Mallory, Jessi, Abby, and Kristy are in Stoneybrook. Mallory and Jessi are involved in the church pageant and solve a mystery involving a woman from another town. Kristy and Abby start and are involved in their neighborhood watch program because there have been a bunch ...more
Shira
Dec 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
in this extravagantly preposterous super mystery by ghostwriter Nola Thacker, the babysitters deal with three separate mysteries:
1. leaving her church christmas pageant play rehearsal, mal finds a 9 months pregnant woman with amnesia and tries to help her. she has two distinguishing items: a ring that looks handmade and a sweater from a small maternity boutique based in the san francisco bay area. mal tracks down the maternity boutique, who dont know the woman. then mal asks if there are local
Logan Hughes
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: babysitters-club
If any Baby-sitters Club book could be described as Lynchian, it's this one. Dig beneath the surface of an ordinary suburban Christmas to find a mysterious woman with amnesia, a deranged gardener, a wall of blood, a man whose hair has suddenly turned white (really).

I'm not saying this is well-executed, with the suspense and originality and startling evocativeness of a Twin Peaks or a Mulholland Drive; it is still a Baby-sitters Club Super Mystery, the worst kind of Baby-sitters Club book, with
Brian
Aug 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something outlandish and slightly creepy is happening to the Babysitters Club. The whole gang is finally together, including Dawn and this quickly changes when Stacey and Claudia spend the majority of the book in the city. The book contains three main plots. Mallory and Jessi are dealing with a woman who has amnesia and the horrors of being alone on Christmas without knowing who you are...and the worst part is that the woman is pregnant and is almost due! Kristy, Mary Anne, Dawn, Abby, etc are ...more
M.
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bscverse
Weird as all get out, this book has all the insanity you'd expect of a BSC mystery. The three mysteries themselves were interesting enough, but I found myself particularly intrigued by Stacey and Claudia's chapters. The resolution to their mystery was pretty brilliant, if I do say so myself, and was the highlight of the book for me.

The other two mysteries are nothing to write home about - standard middle-grade mystery fare in the form of amnesiac strangers and repeated burglaries - but they were
Allison Preston
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A little over a year since I started my re-read/new read of selected "Baby-Sitters Club" novels, and I'm discovering subseries I never knew existed.

Like the Super Mystery series.

I was looking for some "Christmas" books to read (and review for my blog), and knew there was one "Baby-Sitters Club" novel that came out after I stopped reading the series in 1995. Turns out there was more than one. I wound up buying three, including this one.

The Super Mystery series was published between June 1995 and
Sarah Ghazali
BSC RE-READ #1:
this was equal measures bonkers and brilliant. did we see any of it coming? maybe. did THEY see it coming? nope. re-reading as an adult means dealing with the nasty realisation, that I would've hated dealing with any of these kids so I feel you Sergeant Tang and your wry smiles. it continues to surprise me how young they all are, and how gloriously old they all seemed back then.

some favourites
- that we're seeing Stacey and Claudia's accelerated transitions into adulthood, but
Samantha
What the hell was this hot mess!? There wasn't even an attempt at one cohesive story, just a lot of wtf all all over the place.

I'm so glad I'm done with the mysteries.
Rachel Kariniemi
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great Book

I liked it. It was fun to read. It was also full of suspense. Once again, it was a wonderful Baby-Sitters Club book!
Neville Longbottom
This is completely fucking ludicrous, but I had a fun time reading it.
Sarah Hyatt
It's certainly no Babysitters Beware, I'll tell you that. Maybe the lack of fond memories made this one subpar for me. I don't think I ever read this one as a child.
Amanda Lasen
Review from The Book Babe.

I love Ann M. Martin. She is definitely one of my favorite authors. I still look forward to her new books that come out as an adult. This is my first Baby-Sitters Club mystery and oh man, it was good!

This book is basically three mysteries in one. First, there's a series of break-ins in Kristy's neighborhood. Second, Mallory finds a woman wandering around Elm Street who can't remember who she is or where she came from. Third, Stacy and Claudia are in New York City for
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
✨Jinglemarco✨  Маркуша - Мишутка (Nursery rhymes enthusiast)*

This book is kind of like the Pretty Little Secrets by Sara Shepard wee sibling.
It's not enough Christmassy for me to love it. And I felt the three mysterious storylines are too simple overall.
But a nice reading, in a nutshell.
Alex
This book is all kinds of insane, and it's fabulous. I hadn't reread it in awhile, so I thought now would be the perfect time to curl up with it and get in the Christmas spirit.

5 stars simply for being ridiculously awesome.
Kayla
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lot of things happening at once...
Gigi Berry
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't give these books anything but 5 stars. Anything less would be like saying I don't love my family. Total childhood throwback.
Kristina
I read this every year in the winter :) love the BSC!
Ann-Marie

• Dear Sweet Pea
  • Fierce Femmes and Notorious Liars
  • Mansfield and Me: A Graphic Memoir
  • Girl
  • The Middle School Gets Married (Sweet Valley Twins and Friends #68)
  • Wham! George & Me
  • Tiny Titans, Volume 1: Welcome to the Treehouse
  • The Year We Fell From Space
  • Reputation
  • Batman: Joker's Asylum, Vol. 2
  • Nightmare in Death Valley (Sweet Valley High, #116)
  • Lygi

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on childhood

The Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery (4 books)
  • Baby-sitters' Haunted House (Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery, #1)
  • Baby-Sitters Beware (Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery, #2)
  • Baby-sitters' Fright Night (Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery, #3)