Start by marking “Black Spring (Black Wings, #7)” as Want to Read:
Black Spring (Black Wings, #7)

Black Spring

(Black Wings #7)

A former Agent of death, Madeline Black now has everything to live for, most importantly, her unborn child. But Chicago has become ground zero in a struggle between ancient creatures, and only Maddy can stop the carnage…

The mayor of Chicago has announced a plan to round up the city’s supernatural beings and put them in camps. With her due date looming, Maddy’s best move wo
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published October 28th 2014 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Black Spring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Spring

Blodeuedd Finland
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Oh no, the end, now I am sad :/ I am happy that it ended well, cos I do know those series that just goes on and on. But it's always hard to say goodbye.

Maddy has grown, I was pretty proud of her in this one. Sure she still wants to save everyone, but she has a good head on her shoulders.

I will miss the gang! JB, Beezel the best gargoyle side-kick in the world!, Lucifer because even though he makes her life hell he is still a such a good baddie, his brothers cos they are evil and good, Nathaniel
Marianne
All good things must come to an end. The Black Wings series has long been one of my favorite UF series - and I for one, am sad to see it end.

Madeline is, as we know by now, a former Agent of Death and many-greats granddaughter of Lucifer. She is heavily pregnant with her son from her recently murdered husband, and knows that trouble is brewing in her hometown, Chicago. As if Lucifer wasn't bad enough, all his god-like siblings, Lucifer, Puck, Alerian, and Daharan, are now in town. Two of them a
Stacy
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
BLACK HEART left Madeline without some of her allies and thankfully BLACK SPRING brings them all back together for the birth of Madeline's baby and the final showdown with Lucifer.

I have for the most part always enjoyed Madeline as a character, I don't really have much more to add about her that I haven't already said in previous reviews. She does a great job of keeping her baby safe in BLACK SPRING though. I was never a Nathaniel fan, but he has come a long way since we first met him and I don'
melissa
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very strong finish to the series. Of course, Maddy still can't catch a break and seems to be the center of attention now for a blogger in addition to being Lucifer, Puck and Alerian's favorite plaything. We get our happily ever after and a glimpse at *maybe* a possible continuation series? It'd be awesome to see a series about her son, Adam.
mrsj
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great conclusion to the series.
Sad that it is the last but at least it is not drag on endlessly.
Celeste
I feel like the author wanted to wrap this whole series up with a neat little bow. Unfortunately, because of the insane number of plots, zero character growth, half finished world building and plethora of potential love interests what we're left with is overwhelming confusion, a bunch of random story arcs(I'm looking at you ghost of Amarantha) that went nowhere and a whole bunch of plot holes with no explanation.

For example, wth is the deal with Daharan and Madeline's connection with him. Lucife
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
momokaachan
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
It was OK and several of the loose ends were wrapped up - I just got the feeling that Ms. Henry got tired of the series.
Kt
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

Something you don't see too often is a pregnant protagonist in Urban Fantasy novels. Things are just too brutal and action-y so pregnancy and young children always seem to be left out of things in the direct storylines, or at least don't happen until the last epilogue of the series as part of the happy ever after. So, I really enjoyed seeing Maddy being pregnant and dealing with the mess of her paranormal life throughout. It just seemed more
Jessica
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I have to say that by the end of this series I just wasn't all that thrilled with it and can't say I have any desire to re-read. Now let me say that I was pretty hooked up through Book 4 when Maddie experiences tragedy and the book had me in tears. Her struggles to continue with her life had me completely engaged and I truly felt connected. My problem is the overall character development of Maddie. Throughout the next three books, it feels like the same annoying complaints over and over and Madd ...more
Suze Lavender
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Black Spring Maddy has to fight for the people she loves more than ever. She's heavily pregnant and there seems to be a lot of interest in her child. She does everything to keep herself and her friends safe, but it isn't easy to go against so many powerful beings... Will Maddy succeed in her mission and who's on her side and who isn't?

Black Springs is an action-packed adrenaline rush. I love Maddy, she's fierce, she says whatever she wants to say and she loves with all her heart. I'm a big fa
Cazy
Jul 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Everything seemed tangled but ended with maturity and a little bit of creativity. I don't like that the series is ending after 7 books. I think the author could have done a lot more with the heroine and the story. There were a couple of instances where you could tell that scenes were squeezed in and/or rushed, just to end the series, and I wondered why. Plus, it seemed like her powers were evolving in the previous books and maybe she would evolve too, but the author just pulled the plug. I hate ...more
Jen
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Paulina
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting ending. I didn't think the couple would end up as the couple. I'd like to see a spin-off book or two to continue the story for the other characters. I really liked all of them!
Caitlen
I had a really hard time with this book. Just didn't find it as enjoyable as the other books in the series.
Marissa Teng
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
There are a lot of things and people I loved in this book that I later hated and vice versa.
I hated Nathaniel for the first few books and really NEVER thought I would end up loving him as much as I did. I didn't trust him, I didnt like him and i really didnt think he should have been hanging around Maddy as much as he was. Then, I really dont know when, I started to love him. A lot. I loved Samiel then hated him.

Same thing was J.B. I hated him too but not for as long as i hated Nathaniel.

(view
Ashley
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
From the beginning of the book when Daharan, Lucifer's brother is making bacon in Maddie's kitchen...I was like "oh this is going to be good." Even though Daharan doesn't return until the very end of the book to give Maddie the one thing that she really needs. It's a happy ending that's all I will say!

Maddie is invited to Lucifer's wedding, finally meets Michael the fallen angel, and her baby boy comes into the world! Also the mystery of the shapeshifter that wreaks havoc on Maddie and her frien
Johanna
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well that was disappointing.
I really enjoyed the first books, then the previous book wasn't really great and that last one. Well I guess I should have seen it coming. Usual fights and quick solutions, that don't always make sense, too many plots and particularly the one with Judes, ending up making no sense at all. It felt like an easy way to end that series.
Characters didn't evolve as they could have, the general feeling is it was too long, at some point in the middle, all that could have been
Rachel Joy
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, that is the ending of the "Black Wings" series and it was mostly satisfactory. I think Henry poked a little fun at all the supernatural beings and their agendas with how she wrapped it all up.
(view spoiler)
Teshai
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
That was the big shifter plot?! Really?! Michael killing uneccesary people to get at Jude?! Like wtf did the damm 'dog' do?

I hate when series end, but know that they must, unless she is planning on doing one on a grown Adam. He has a destiny.

To many plots..to many little closures that had to be done. will miss Madeline though..she should have at least hooked up with J.B. 😂😂

it
Leisa Feda
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the entire series but had a bit of a problem with the ending. The character hates one of the men in her life and all of a sudden she's happy to have him in her and her baby's life. It was just out of the blue. In a way, I had a very hard time to believe she would make this choice after everything that had gone on. What do I know?
Alexis
Aug 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Just couldn't get into it. Possibly made harder by starting on book 7, but to be fair I didn't know it was a series until I actually started reading it and they kept referring to a bunch of stuff that had already happened. The writing also wasn't great.
Patty
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending to this series

There was a lot happening with this book. The author kept things moving and interesting and wrap it all up nicely. This series has plenty of action, humor and twists wuthout getting too confusing. I enjoyed every page.
Raven Black
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointing
This book was a disappointing end to this series. None of my questions were answered and it did not feel like an ending but the lead up to an ending.
Meg
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm content with this ending...yep I'm good
CA
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow wow wow......How did I previously miss this series? It has been around a number of years yet I have never read it previously. I binge read the series...the 7 books back to back. It had humour, sassy characters, loyalty and heart break, all wrapped up in a paranormal shell.
Heidi Aspesberger
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! perfect ending to the series. now I am very curious about Adam's destiny!
Suzanne
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this series.

It's going to be hard to find something to follow this up with now.
Christina Pot
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Jessica
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This whole series was *okay*, nothing to really rave about but a quick and easy series to read over a couple of weeks.

• A Trace of Moonlight (Abby Sinclair, #3)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • Sins of the Son (Grigori Legacy, #2)
  • ハイスクールD×D 12 補習授業のヒーローズ
  • Pure Blooded (Jessica McClain, #5)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Blood of Centaurs: Book 12 of The Witch Fairy Series
  • Firestorm (Deadtown, #6)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Bronx (The Asylum Tales, #0.5)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, #4)
  • Three Wishes (Imp World #10)
  • Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2)
  • Silver and Salt
  • A Witch's Concern (Witch for Hire #4)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Angel Bait (Angel Assassins, #1)
CHRISTINA HENRY is the author of the CHRONICLES OF ALICE duology, ALICE and RED QUEEN, a dark and twisted take on Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, as well as LOST BOY: THE TRUE STORY OF CAPTAIN HOOK, an origin story of Captain Hook from Peter Pan.

She is also the author of the national bestselling BLACK WINGS series (BLACK WINGS, BLACK NIGHT, BLACK HOWL, BLACK LAMENT, BLACK CITY, BLACK HEART and B

Black Wings (7 books)
  • Black Wings (Black Wings, #1)
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
  • Black Lament (Black Wings, #4)
  • Black City (Black Wings, #5)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
“What, you can read Lucifer’s mind now?” I asked. “No, he sent me a message on Facebook,” Beezle said. “I don’t even want to know what Lucifer is doing on Facebook,” I said. “Reposting pictures, like everyone else,” he said.” 4 likes