Start by marking “Stranded (Unknown Visitors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stranded (Unknown Visitors, #1)

Read Book

Stranded (Unwelcome Visitors #1)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
“Never Leave Anyone Behind” is a familiar refrain for American Servicemen. A crew is incapacitated in a strange land and a hostile government tries to capture them and steal their resources; a typical tale of corruption and betrayal. What if you’re not a member of the military? Do you put you and your family’s lives at risk to help those who can’t help themselves, especial ...more
Published March 15th 2014 by Createspace (first published March 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Stranded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded

G.G.
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I had been looking for a story like this one, where the aliens aren't your usual invader kind. It's always refreshing to discover little jewels like these. Don't take me wrong, I wouldn’t call this book, perfect, but it's original and quite entertaining, and that is what I wanted. There were a few strange uses of participle clauses but while it made me smile at times, it didn't prevent me from enjoying the tale. Now, on a side note, the book I bought and read is an out of print edi ...more
Yannick Serres
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this series with the 2nd book! I loved this one just as the other. I got to say I'm not a fan of sci-fi, but I'm a fan of Vincent.
Josh, the main character, is a strong man with good intentions. He's not looking to be a hero, but maybe will he be only by fighting for what he thinks is the best to do.
I'm always having a nice time reading Vincent's books, because the stories is easy to follow and the intrigue is always good.
I can't wait to read the other books of Mr Berg.
Graham Cairns
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed by this.

I've read a number of Vincent's books (both under this name and one of his pseudonyms) and he always stretches the bounds of credulity.

With others (such as the first four books of the Catalyst series, and the first of his Great Death series) I've been able to willingly suspend disbelief.

But like the later books in his Calayst series, Stranded just didn't carry me along as well.

Character development was paper-thin, and the motivations were simply not
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won
I received a free copy of this book from Goodreads.

Overall, I enjoyed this book, which was something of a departure from my usual genres of reading.

Initially, I found it a bit slow to get going, but,although sceptical by nature as to the likelihood of the events described, it did hold my attention whilst waiting for the plot to develop. Although a certain suspension of disbelief may be required by some, the plot did get going and although the main character initially lacked a little credibility
Ernest Bywater
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story, but love the character development. I actually read this book some months back, but only just joined Goodreads and made this entry.
In all his books, Vincent Berg, intermixes plots and sub-plots like a master carpet weaver. I don't always like some of the places he goes with his stories, but they're always good stories.
Ernest Bywater
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stuart
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book, good plot, good character development. I've read it twice now, enjoyed it both times.
Tonnya
Jess
rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Vincent Berg
Jun 15, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Dean Jensen
Cristina
Sue
Mar 11, 2014
  • The Clone Who Loved to Bake Bread (The Nesrady Clones, #1)
  • Born Broken: The Mistakes That Medicine Made
  • Xenophobia
  • The Second Lives of Honest Men
  • The Dreaming Hour
  • Love You Forever
  • Iron Melting (Legend of the Iron Flower #6)
  • Broken Love (Tainted Love, #2)
  • The Seven
  • I'm in Heaven
  • A Dance Out Of Time
  • Missing Persons: A Life of Unexpected Influences
Vincent Berg (1957) was born in New Jersey but, being a military dependent, grew up on 'more or less the East Coast'. Working in Systems Engineering in the Financial Services in Chicago and New York City, he never considered himself a writer, but after retiring and moving closer to his family, he wanted to explore the kinds of books he enjoyed.

His writings aren't typical, with the writing style ha

Unwelcome Visitors (2 books)
  • The Lad Who Poked the Devil in the Eye (Unwelcome Visitors, #2)