Start by marking “Blood Magick (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Magick (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #3)

Blood Magick (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  24,741 Ratings  ·  1,773 Reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts comes a trilogy about the land we’re drawn to, the family we learn to cherish, and the people we long to love…

Blood Magick

Published October 28th 2014 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Magick, please sign up.
Beth Cotter thanks, will check it out.

Here is the exerpt from Amazon books.

Blood Magick

County Mayo is rich in the…more
thanks, will check it out.

Here is the exerpt from Amazon books.

Blood Magick

County Mayo is rich in the traditions of Ireland, legends that Branna O’Dwyer fully embraces in her life and in her work as the proprietor of The Dark Witch shop, which carries soaps, lotions, and candles for tourists, made with Branna’s special touch.

Branna’s strength and selflessness hold together a close circle of friends and family—along with their horses and hawks and her beloved hound. But there’s a single missing link in the chain of her life: love…

She had it once—for a moment—with Finbar Burke, but a shared future is forbidden by history and blood. Which is why Fin has spent his life traveling the world to fill the abyss left in him by Branna, focusing on work rather than passion.

Branna and Fin’s relationship offers them both comfort and torment. And though they succumb to the heat between them, there can be no promises for tomorrow. A storm of shadows threatens everything that their circle holds dear. It will be Fin’s power, loyalty, and heart that will make all the difference in an age-old battle between the bonds that hold their friends together and the evil that has haunted their families for centuries.(less)

Mandy
Jan 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book needs a new title. "Let's Talk This to Death While I Cook and Clean"

Here's how the story goes. Branna cooks and cleans. She talks about Fin and Cabhan. Then, she cooks and cleans some more. Then, everyone discusses Fin and Cabhan. Then, Branna cooks and cleans. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Oh, there is one little scenario that happens time and again, too. Someone will have a run in with Cabhan. Perhaps, even a life threatening encounter. However, they refuse to
Alex is The Romance Fox
Let me begin by saying that I have always loved any book written by Nora Roberts but what is going on lately with her last couple of books!!!!!

Seriously, I am starting to think that it can't be the same person who wrote such great and memorable books in the past. In fact, I have this crazy idea that this series must have been written by a ghost writer....No way could it have been NR!!!!!!!

I struggled to even finish this one....it just dragged on and on with such weird and forgettable characters.
Jonetta
This final book in the trilogy focused on the two strongest witches in the group, Branna O"Dwyer and Finbar (Fin) Burke. It's also the final showdown between the group and Cabhan, the Dark Sorcerer.

I loved Fin & Branna, both individually and as a couple. They were both powerful witches, skilled in the art of their magic, and very passionate people. I also enjoyed the mythology in which the story was entrenched, especially the involvement of their counterparts from the past.

What was underwh
Susan
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
It's not you, it's me
Dear Nora Roberts, I think this is the book that finally ends our relationship after 30+ years. You haven't done anything wrong and you haven't changed - but I have. It's just not working for me anymore to read books about magical Irish witches who speak like fairy tale characters instead of genuine human beings. And epic battles against one-dimensional Eeeeeevil that we know will be resolved at the end of a trilogy that involves some combination of ingenues, tough broads, f
Tanesha
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I almost didn't finish it. Was about 60-100 pages too long, very repetitive, and lackluster romance between the 2 main characters (Fin and Branna) considering they already knew they were in love with each other. I don't know, as big a fan as I am on Nora Roberts overall, this particular trilogy was just a "meh" for me.
Angela Tiu
Well then. I like Nora Roberts, i have most of her books and I really like how its more than just romance with her, its family and friendship. Every trilogy features a tight little circle who all manage to become a unit in the span it takes to conquer the big evil. They plot, save the world, fall in love all whilst having fabulous dinners it seems. I like how her heroes are modern men who rib each other in a way only guy friends can understand. Still, this trilogy, while having all those element ...more
Ashley Christensen
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-the-nora
I really can't wait for this! One whole year! Ahhhhh!
*Update after finishing Shadow Spell* Holy crap there was some good stuff between Branna and Finn in the second book- intense! Now I really can't wait!

(See my review of the first book on my blog - http://www.beautyandthereads.com)
Nora
Sep 30, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
uugghhhhh..where do I start? let me preface this by saying I have read all of NR books and if you compare her books from the late 90s/early 2000 to the ones which she has been churning out the last few years, the latter ones are abysmal. I did not finish shadow spell and this one I skipped pages just to finish it.

I won't go through the plot summary but just write about my impression. I will also say that I usually don't write reviews. but this one I had to write. As a long time NR fan, I have b
Miki
Feb 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. So whose shame is it the third time? Okay, okay...it's mine. I just couldn't help myself.

I am SO glad it's over, though. This book completes one of the most inane trilogies ever written. I'm actually embarrassed for Roberts - she is capable of much better than this. I'm also embarrassed for me, for continuing to believe that things COULD get better.

Blood Magick had the same problems as the the last two books:
* Tired, maudlin, re-cycled p
Sandra Mariscal
Estaría entre el 3.5 y el 4.

Siempre que tengo algún tipo de bloqueo en la lectura, que es lo que me ha pasado en los últimos meses y llego a algún libro de Nora Roberts, no sé qué pasa, pero se me quita. Sí, es mi tabla de salvación y sé que por muy flojo que pueda ser el libro en cuestión, lo voy a disfrutar desde el minuto uno y eso es lo que me ha pasado con Legado Mágico. Es el más flojo de la trilogía en cuanto a la historia de amor, pues al final se me ha quedado un poco corta. Si me pongo
Olga
Mar 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Me esperaba más de este libro y de la saga ... Es floja , flojisima.... Con el juego que da la magia y se ha quedado en nada por lo previsible que es ... Y la historia de amor ni la sientes , no he sentido la química de la pareja protagonista ( con el pasado que tienen) ... Lo dicho flojisima y no llega a la altura de lo que nos tiene acostumbrado esta autora .
Helen White
Nora that's it. We're through. This pile of sentimental twee Irish witchery has finally done it. You're not even getting one star from me, it doesn't deserve it.
☕ Kimberly
Espresso Review of Blood Magick
“As we will, so mote it be"

I love the Ireland setting and the good verse evil theme throughout the Cousins O’Dwyer trilogy. There is witchy magic and spells to cast. We time travel a wee-bit as the cousins visit their bloodline from the past as they prepare for their final battle with Cabhan. The plot offers nothing new regarding witches but Roberts’ knows how to tell a story, and I quickly became caught up. The group as a whole has a great dynamic. Their friendshi
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Where do I start?

I absolutely adored this long awaited book. I've said it before and I will say it again...

Nora Roberts is a feckin' genius. She tells a story like nooooo other. She is lyrical, the fluidity in which she weaves her tale is AMAZEBALLS. Reading one of her books is like music for the eyes. It ebbs and flows like a lazy river, taking us on a journey that twists, turns and leaves us sighing for more.

Branna and Fin....well we ALL knew they belonged together...but the fun was in the jou
Mrs.
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who can find this book for free
Shelves: romance
I think this trilogy sums up my feelings about why I dumped Nora Roberts. My older sister loved to read Nora Roberts when we were growing up. Both of us being avid readers, she recommended some gems to me and as a middle school/high school student I can attribute Miss Nora as a reason I continued to devour and absorb all forms of books. I have already spoken to how Nora Roberts holds a special place in my heart because she helped me love books early on and I will never forget that. I think she a ...more
Patricia Masterton
So disappointed. I looked forward to the third and final book of this trilogy, as the first two books were quite good Nora Roberts novels. She has a definite flare for the romantic, magical depiction of stories, and I really enjoy her books. This finale however, felt very rushed, and not at all satisfying. There was not any of the mix of lighthearted and dramatic, and the ending was abrupt. Just another chapter after the conclusion, an epilogue, would have helped tremendously, but it felt like s ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
This one seemed too long.
Staci
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
I think I'm done with Nora. I'm tired of the same story time and time again. I'm tired of the drawn-out trilogies...tired of the same happy ending. I think I'll just stick with her In Death series.
Susan
Fantastic conclusion to the trilogy. Branna is the leader of her family and friends, the one who watches out for them and who wants to protect them. She and Fin have known each other and loved each other most of their lives, but are kept apart by their family histories. They discovered as teens that Fin is a descendant of Cabhan, the evil one who has been stalking her family for generations, and was cursed by her ancestor. Branna and Fin have moved from adversaries to friends to partners in the ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I have loved getting to know the characters in this series and as much as I have loved the original three that came from Sorcha, and the four, I couldn't wait to delve into Fin and Branna's story and get the last of the six.

I knew it was going to be hard and emotional. I even knew it might break my heart a bit, but most of all, I was hoping it would all come with not only the darkness of Cabhan defeated, but a happily ever after for our beloved Fin and Branna.

I absolutely loved this. These two!
Cristina Leitón
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Menos mal que decidí seguir con la trilogía después de lo poco que me gustó el primero, porque mejora poco a poco hasta llegar a Legado mágico, el desenlace de la historia. Fin y Branna fueron mis personajes favoritos desde que aparecieron como secundarios en Bruja oscura, y no podía esperar para verles de protagonistas. Su historia es preciosa, triste y emocionante, y ésta, unida al desenlace de la trama de la maldición y la guerra contra Cabhan, han hecho que devore la novela con el corazón en ...more
Judy
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me preface by saying I love Nora Roberts and her Circle Trilogy is one of my all-time favorite series. That being said, when she wrote how slow and painstaking Branna's progress was at a couple of points, I couldn't help but compare that with my progress with the book. It felt so slow to me and I got to the point of just wanting to be through with it. (I am not one to leave any book I start unfinished). The finale was fine and the last chapter a little more engaging, but by then she had basi ...more
Calista
I think this series could have been a duology, yet it is a trilogy. The ending was good and all the characters ended up in a good place.

The theme of magic and witchcraft and the setting in Ireland made for some great Halloween reading in my opinion. The evil forces must be defeated and luckily the hearts of the O'Dwyers are pure and strong and defeat the evil Kaven.

Fin and Brianna finally work out their own issues. This is a good solid little story. I call it comfort reading. I would start at t
Andreea
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Branna and Fin's story even though the first half of it broke my heart. I just can't imagine the pain to love someone that much and not beeing able to be together. All in all I think it ended just right. ♥♥♥
kari
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This conclusion of the O'Dwyer/Dark Witch trilogy brings a satisfying ending, although it could have been a little longer, perhaps an epilogue. On the other hand, in the final pages there is mention that some ancestors could be seen again so maybe we will get to revisit this group at some time.
The only reason I'd say this is a four instead of five is that the "we are the three" and "it is ours to finish this as we are the three" repeated over became a wee bit tiresome. I got it, they are the thr
Holly
I just realized that I never actually reviewed this. Well, it was my favorite in the series, by far, which yay for that cause it's the ender. I've always loved Branna (strong, resilient, nurturing) and Fin (intense, quiet, protective), and together, they're explosive. Passion, fire, all-consuming love. I'm so, so glad the two of them finally got their happily-ever-after because they deserved it. I also adore the relationships between all six members of the circle. They're a tightknit group of ...more
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Gosh I'm so glad I'm done with this one. It was one long and boring ending of an already severely boring story.

Lots of arguing about why Finn couldn't be, isn't, and won't.

So, off I go onto something better.

Kate
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE Nora Roberts acan not wait for the final book to release
Diamond
*Warning: Minor spoilers regarding storyline of previous books contained in this review*

I was excited to say I have finished my first Nora Roberts series. The Cousins O'Dwyer trilogy was a series that really changed my mind about the romance genre. It also helped eliminate all those preconceived notions I had about Nora Roberts.

Although some of what I was expecting was met in these books, I did find myself surprised by a few things. Most of all, I am surprised by how little I liked this book. I
Chelsea
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
  • The Highlander Next Door (Spellbound Falls, #6)
  • Concealed in Death (In Death, #38)
  • Fire Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #5)
  • Siren's Call (Rainshadow, #4; Ghost Hunters, #12)
  • The Way to a Woman's Heart
  • In Too Deep (Arcane Society, #10; Looking Glass Trilogy, #1)
  • Once Upon a Highland Summer
  • A Dangerous Witch (Witch Central, #3)
  • The Lone Rancher
  • The Christmas Bouquet (Chesapeake Shores, #11)
  • Crystal Gardens (Ladies of Lantern Street, #1)
  • Ghost Moon  (Bone Island Trilogy, #3)
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Untouchable (Emperor's Brides, #1)
More about Nora Roberts

The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy (3 books)
  • Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow Spell (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I'm not after romance. It's the sort of thing that weakens resolve and clouds sense.” 2 likes
“Love can fade and die. I’ve seen it. It can grow and build as well. I think when it’s real and meant, it can only grow bigger and stronger.” 2 likes