Start by marking “Ashes of Time (After Cilmeri, #7)” as Want to Read:
Ashes of Time (After Cilmeri, #7)

Ashes of Time

(After Cilmeri #7)

November 1291. Meg and Llywelyn gather their family at Rhuddlan Castle to celebrate their seventh anniversary and David's twenty-third birthday. But the joyful reunion goes grievously awry when an old enemy raises the banner of rebellion, followed immediately by an even more catastrophic betrayal by an old friend.

Meanwhile, facing war at every turn and still haunted by his
Published March 25th 2014 by The Morgan-Stanwood Publishing Group (first published March 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ashes of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashes of Time

Start your review of Ashes of Time (After Cilmeri, #7)
Loretta
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
Within the first few pages, I came upon the idea that David wanted to create a 'United States of Britain'. Now, as I'm a Brit, this so appalled me, that I nearly ditched the book. I would by far have preferred it to be referred to as the United Kingdom, however, I suppressed the urge to dump it and continued reading. And I'm glad I did, the United States bit faded to a different phrase, and the book was gripping in both time settings. The audacious bit towards the end made me laugh. No, I won't ...more
Meg
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! The "kidnapping" from the beginning keeps the tension all the way through the book. I will definitely reread this!!
Tessa
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Really? A double-decker bus? Of all things? Couldnt they have just walked next to the buildings when they collapsed? I cant take this serious.
10/10 its just another half attempt to get more modern people mad at them, so they can get kidnapped into the future again, to have another overused storyline for the next book. Oh and ofcourse another rebellion.

Lots of info dumps. & another thing that annoys me, is when characters use modern day phrases, they have to explain what it means. Woodbury is a
Michelle Louise
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still fun but needs less unnecessary historical context

I'm still enjoying these books but there are a few things I wish could be better. The first is the amount of historical info dump. I understand there's a fine line between background information, information the author needs to know but doesn't need to impart with the reader, and info dump. In this, there's a bit too much of the latter.

Now I like history, even have a degree in the subject with a focus on England in the high Middle Ages. So t
Donna
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is just something about this series that keeps drawing me in. I love the fact that they can change history for the better in their parallel version of Wales/England. I also love the little trips to "Avalon". I always find it interesting to read about modern people ending up in medieval times. Every person reacts differently to their changed circumstances so it really makes for an interesting story. I can't wait to read the next book and see how these new people transition.
Diane
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Martin, the pilot who flew with Meg to the Middle Ages, wants to go home. He takes ANNA hostage and forces her and Meg up to the castle walls so they can jump him to the future. Meg and Anna make it, but Martin doesn’t. While Meg and Anna are gone to Avalon, Llewelyn and David have to fight to put down some rebellious Welsh lords.
Jo Anne Greenberg
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series!

I just love the characters in this series! The intrigue, the dialog between medieval and current time is really fun. I enjoy anything medieval: England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Linda Smith
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just love this entire series.
Paula B. Kaufman-Dajani
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not put it down.

I have read one book after the other and I am quite sleep deprived. A great read. I am on to book 10!
Heidi M. Loiodice
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome historical fiction series.
Belinda Begger
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anxious for the next book

Enjoying the series. They are fun to read. Recommend them to others. Keeps your attention while you are reading the story.

Mina
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just recently started reading the After Cilmeri Series and I LOVE everything about it. I read all 12 books in 2 weeks and can't wait for the next one to arrive on my kindle next month.
Judy Lavik
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible epic tale!

I would not be at all surprised to discover that this author is a time-traveler and has ventured between this world and medieval Wales many times. Although I am not a history buff (nor a native of medieval Wales), her books are so full of detail that you feel as if you are actually experiencing it right along with them.

Up until this book, the stories have had a bit of romance in them, but they are primarily time-travel/medieval history/action-adventure books. That being said
Jilly
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: after-cilmeri
I'm really not sure what this series is doing. I was really enjoying it but it seems to be losing some of its passion. I have been wanting Anna to get more of a story but being in the future which is just a big pile of government mess is less interesting than David and his father putting down yet another rebellion.

For Llywelln's time period the constant betrayals seem completely relevant and most of the time are interesting. I do appreciate the time travel aspect but feel it just becomes a mess
Sandra Pulliam
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
I was so annoyed with this book that I may have to be done with the series! There was finally more time travel but the way it went down was so stupid! I could not believe any of it from the moment they got there until the time they took an entire bus of people back with them. It is horrible that Meg can time travel when she pretty much pleases but take people away from their families and she won't return them? She will fight to get back to her loved ones and she will travel to save her husband b ...more
Sandy
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seemed a little pessimistic about this timeline's near future, but I'm glad the gang's all together again, and I hope the busload of newbies doesn't continue to cause problems later on! If/when there are more books in this series, I'll definitely read them, but this is a reasonably satisfactory place to stop, at least. I'm not really left hanging, at least!
Wicca Dreamers
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it
The series took a weird turn in this book. I finished this book, but decided to take a break from the series, as the characters are getting stale, that might be my own fault and not that of the author, and so I am leaving this series for a bit, to return later...
Susan Hutchinson
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just love it out they back to the 21st century and trying to stay unnoticed there & trying to get back home. ...more
Sharon Shiffer
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love the series. This book wound up a bit too neatly and tidy. The ending needed to be fleshed out a bit more.
Ann
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Meri
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres and this series is just so wonderful. Once you start reading the book you can't stop.
Alyssa
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I'm glad Anna got more time in this book. My only wish is that all the books in this series were longer.
Cindy
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Great alternate history of Wales - with time travel too!
Marilyn Tafro
Appears to be the final book in the series. Loved every minute of it.
Bigbear Woolliscroft
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another instalment in the Cilmeri saga and while again a great read, you get the feeling that the series is shifting gear away from an alternative history to something else...
Kristineh
Nell Walton
Jun 29, 2016
John Kuper
Jul 03, 2017

• The Message of Blood (Thomas Berrington #8)
  • Highlander's Unwanted Bride
  • The Corpse at Windsor Bridge (Stephen Attebrook Mysteries #10)
  • Sins of the Fathers: A Gavin Rownt Medieval Mystery (Gavin Rownt Medieval Mysteries Book 3)
  • A Time Of End (The Executioner Knights #4)
  • Forest of Souls (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #4)
  • WolfeHeart (De Wolfe Pack Generations, #1)
  • Breach of Faith (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #2)
  • The Planter's Wife
  • Winter of Solace (Executioner Knights #5)
  • Cathedral of Bones (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #1)
  • A Matter of Justice: A Matthew Cordwainer Medieval Mystery (Matthew Cordwainer Medieval Mysteries Book 11)
  • The Mountain Dark (The Executioner Knights #2)
  • Highlander's Lionheart (Beasts of the Highland #1)
  • Dragon Makes New Friends
  • Never Doubt a Duke (Never, #1)
  • Starless (The Executioner Knights #3)
  • Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident (Parasol Protectorate, #0)
With over a million books sold to date, Sarah Woodbury is the author of more than forty novels, all set in medieval Wales. Although an anthropologist by training, and then a full-time homeschooling mom for twenty years, she began writing fiction when the stories in her head overflowed and demanded that she let them out. While her ancestry is Welsh, she only visited Wales for the first time at univ ...more

After Cilmeri (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Footsteps in Time (After Cilmeri #1)
  • Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)
  • Crossroads in Time (After Cilmeri, #3)
  • Children of Time (After Cilmeri #4)
  • Exiles in Time (After Cilmeri, #5)
  • Castaways in Time (After Cilmeri, #6)
  • Warden of Time (After Cilmeri, #8)
  • Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)
  • Masters of Time (After Cilmeri, #10)
  • Outpost in Time (After Cilmeri #11)