Start by marking “Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)

Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged #2)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  4,066 Ratings  ·  281 Reviews
Successful restaurateur Lucien Black’s blue-green eyes and unattainable attitude drive women wild. But his abandonment issues and criminal past have left him emotionally closed off. When a familiar face shows up for a job interview at his nightclub, the ache he has tried to forget tears at his heart—it’s the girl who once healed him… and then abandoned him.

Darcy MacBride s

Published July 29th 2014 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Forgotten, please sign up.

L.A. Did you read the version of BD where Dane died (August 2012) or the updated version released in Dec 2012?

If you read the very first draft of BD, yes…more

If you read the very first draft of BD, yes it will be confusing. However, on my Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/l.a.fiore.pu...) there is a cheat sheet that details the changes made to Beautifully Damaged which Beautifully Forgotten follows so it isn't necessary to read the new version of BD.

I've added an Author's Note in BF that tells readers of this cheat sheet and I've pinned the link to the top of my Facebook page.

It gets a little confusing because there are several editions of Beautifully Damaged. The first was published in August 2012. In October 2012, I pulled it and rewrote it, a massive rewriting and re-released it in December 2012. I was picked up by a publisher in May 2013 and we did yet another edit/release in March 2014 which doesn't stray too much from the December edition. I honestly didn't realize how many people read the very first draft of the book since it was only out for 2 months. On the cheat sheet, I don't mention Dane coming back from the dead. I not only brought him back from the dead, but I changed up his character because he was only bad but Beautifully Damaged is about people not being what they seem; it didn't feel right to leave him so one dimensional.(less)

Lisa
Apr 27, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review

See my review at Sinfully Sexy and enter to win a signed copy.

4 "You'll always be my Caterpillar." Stars!

“....reality had shattered their fairy tale: the prince had staggered off into the sunset and the princess stayed in her tower – no happily-ever-after for either of them.”

description

Beautifully Forgotten by L.A. Fiore is the long awaited second book in her Beautifully Damaged series. I have been waiting for this book for quite some time and this author sure did deliver. Ms. Fiore has once agai
Michelle
Jul 22, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Screenshot_1

Fourteen years ago Lucien’s heart was broken by a girl. The girl that was supposed to meet him under a tree, but that girl never showed and his heart never healed. Abandoned by his mother to the orphanage, Lucien meets the girl that will forever hold his heart when she arrives there years later. But the few years he had with Darcy in their youth all ended when he ventured out into the world at eighteen.

Now a successful business owner, Lucien recognizes the name of the woman interviewing for the
Cassia Brightmore
May 08, 2014 Cassia Brightmore rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I have been a fan of L.A Fiore’s ever since I read Beautifully Damaged. When I learned that there was going to be another book in follow-up, I shook my little ass in a happy dance and pumped my fists in the air in excitement. I absolutely adored Beautifully Damaged and couldn’t wait to get my hands on Beautifully Forgotten. This book picks up shortly after BD finishes - you could probably muddle your way through it without reading the first one, however I don’t recommend that. To truly appreciat ...more
Aɤɩ
Jun 08, 2016 Aɤɩ rated it it was ok
2 stars

Um.. nope. This book, I just didn't enjoy it the way I was hoping to. Lucien was such an amazing character in the last book, and all this book felt to me was a big big mess.

Lucien Black has had a rough childhood after being abandoned by his family in an orphanage, where he comes to love a 14 year old girl Darcy, when he turns 16. After making plans to run away together, Lucien waits for Darcy but she never comes, and leaves a fake note for him to find. Enraged and hurt, Lucien leaves make
Juanita
Nov 24, 2016 Juanita rated it really liked it
"We belong together, you and I, we always have"

This is the story of Darcy & Lucien in which they struggle to reacquaint years later after their separation as teens. There's a lot more going on in here than just them rekindling and finding out the questions to why, where ect. but then I was not expecting Trace and Ember's "drama" I mean story to continue here.
 photo meh_zpsnrc8iyyt.gif
(view spoiler)
Candace
Jul 01, 2014 Candace rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone that enjoyed 'Beautifully Damaged' and fans of Romantic Suspense.
It had been so long since I'd read 'Beautifully Damaged', that I probably should have re-read it before starting this book. I had forgotten many of the details from book 1, but eventually I was able to piece it together. However, I would have read it again beforehand if I'd known how closely the characters and events are entwined.

Trace and Ember continue to play prominent roles in 'Beautifully Forgotten', which was great. Still living their HEA, their relationship is going strong. The next chapt
Holly
May 01, 2014 Holly rated it really liked it
3.5
I've been hoping for almost 2 years there would be a second book. So I was so excited when I learned Beautifully Forgotten was going to be released. I liked this but I think what stopped me from loving it was the fact that I got hung up to many times trying to keep up with who was who. I should have reread Beautifully Damaged to get all the characters straight but Im not sure that would of mattered since so many new ones were introduced in this story. There was just an abundance of characters
Raj
May 03, 2014 Raj rated it did not like it
1 star - DNF 69%

I was excited to read this novel because I looooove the 1st book... but I was so wrong to think that....

I skipped here and there.. I didn't like the present-past-present thing going on, it was written in a very boring manner.

I like Trace & Ember's story, but would have been better if their story ended in book 1, mixing the main characters from book 1 & 2 is just... arghh...

I have no interest in them anymore, they're not the focus of the story so why give them their limeli
Jos
Jan 31, 2017 Jos rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I loved this story BUT there were parts of it like the push and pull that hmmmm, just didn't work for me. Usually that can heat up a relationship BUT for me...I just felt like it hindered them getting re-cinnected. I LOVED getting more of race and Ember....OMG Trace is just still shhhhhh, he is so freaking alpha.

Sorry, I digress, ok I truly did enjoy this story. There was a lot going on besides just the "romance" portion and it actually took away, again, the re-connection for me.

I am defi
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Aug 01, 2014 ~`*Ella Lee*`~ rated it liked it
IMO this wasn't near as good as the 1st.
First off - this book should have been broken into 2-3 books and then more told to make their stories stronger.
There was SO MUCH going on and it all happened SO fast that I don't feel like the characters got as much attention as they needed. There were so many characters in this book it was confusing.

I did like the Trace and Ember story. But again, I felt this should have been a totally separate book.
I also liked Lucian and Darcy's story, but again, AGAIN
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 20, 2014 ✿kawehi.reviews marked it as to-read
Holy sh#t, it's Lucien's story!! I've been waiting for it for FOREVER!! Too bad September is so far away! :'(
Rebecca
Jul 22, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Forgotten is the second book in L.A. Fiore’s Beautifully Damaged series. While the heart of the story is about Lucien Black and Darcy MacBride struggling to find their way back to each other after 14 years of separation, there are multiple storylines involved with differing perspectives that ultimately combine to expose a bigger plot at play - one that includes them all in varying capacities.

Lucien Black has spent his life feeling forgotten. When he was a baby, he was left to live in
* A review copy was provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review *

Amazon Pre-Order link--->> Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged series)

~~ 5+++ "Caterpillar" Stars ~~

Review to come on Release Day 7/29…. This book was MIND BLOWING!!!!!

FULL Review Now Posted ::

If you are looking for a book with intrigue, suspense, mystery, romance, sexy scenes and a whole lot of love….then this is the book for you!!!!

This book blew my mind!!! Beautifully Forgotten is t
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Apr 27, 2014 Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
~~3 HEARTS~~

When I started this book, I wasn’t too happy about the author’s note.

I wish I would have known this piece of information when I started reading Book 1 Beautifully Damaged because I think it got a little confusing to me trying to remember who was who and the character’s association.

I felt like this wasn’t a story centered around just Lucien & Darcy. It was jumping stories. You get to see Dane’s POV (which I didn’t think he deserved) but then again the readers of the Montlake Roman
Judy
Aug 04, 2014 Judy rated it it was ok
Christie«SHBBblogger»
After reading Beautifully Damaged what seems like ages ago, when I saw that there was a second book coming out, I was thrilled. Beautifully Damaged was such a wonderful read that I was automatically committed to checking this one out.

The general plot is Lucian Black, successful restaurateur who knew Darcy as a child in an orphanage reunites with her and gets a second chance to right the wrong that separated them long ago. He’s under the misconception that she broke her promise to him when they
April Brookshire
Jul 31, 2014 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, mystery
Good book, but not what I expected.

Lots of twists, but a lot were predictable for me. I was surprised a couple times, though.

I read Beautifully Damaged a long time ago, but I still remembered the main characters. The problem with this book was that I didn't remember the side characters anymore and more recap would've been nice.

The love story was sweet between Lucien and Darcy, but at times had a detached feeling and I wish it had been more exciting.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

It was never really explained
R. Holmes
Aug 03, 2014 R. Holmes rated it it was ok
I'm sorry but I did NOT care for this book. I hated the way she combined Lucian/darcy & trace/embers story. Also all the flashbacks and the switiching to Dane's story. It was just way to much for me. I didn't like all the twists and drama. I expected more :( Sooo disappointed.
Teri
Apr 11, 2014 Teri rated it liked it
Julie
This book was horrible.

description

It claims to be a stand-alone book, but there's a whole chapter dedicated to Ember and Trace - who I don't care for, or even know. The author annoyed me so much regarding this. It seemed that every feel pages I flip, there's something written about Ember and Trace's love or relationship or their past. I didn't buy Beautifully Damaged, interested in Lucian and Darcy- only to read about Ember and Trace. I honestly could care less about them.

description

Also, I really couldn't get over
Eliza
Jun 26, 2014 Eliza marked it as to-read
Up for request on NetGalley.xo
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡
Nov 11, 2016 ♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ rated it it was amazing
Mandie *Foxylutely Books!*
*Review copy provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

Four and a half stars

This is the second book in the Beautifully Damaged series. I read the very first indie version of the first book Beautifully Damaged in 2013 but I would suggest new readers to the series start with the revised edition (2014) as quite a few things had changed in the update and I found myself trying to decipher some of these changes. However, that aside it didn’t deter me from my enjoyment of Lu
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
5 YOU AND ME FOREVER AND BEYOND STARS

photo hug_zps4bzzb3xl.jpg

This book is AMAZING....did I say amazing....because I meant it.....AMAZING!!! The beginning of the book had me a little irritated with all the past memory jumping back and forth. I understand why the author did it, but after the second one...I was done with it. The author definitely made up for it with this story.

photo lucien_zpsmiucd0cm.jpg

LucieN ~ such a beautiful, strong, demanding, broken man. Always the strong friend and taking care of life and everyone else's well being. Bu
Ashley
2.75- not awful, but I very disappointed.

I'll start w saying I REALLY liked Beautifully Damaged. I've read it multiple times and Trace & Ember really grabbed my heart and held on.

Book 2- oi. No bueno.
To me it just tried to be WAAAAAAAAY too much. I thought (based on the blurb) that it was Lucien Black + new heroines story. It was- but also intermingled between those chapters was Trace's story, Ember's story, Dane's story (who is written like a new character in this one. It seems that the
Tiff T
Aug 02, 2014 Tiff T rated it it was ok
DNF at 30%

I loved the first book, Beautifully Broken, and was super curious about Lucien's character so when I saw this had been released I was sooooo happy.

Then I saw the notice in the beginning about how Beautifully Damaged had a bunch of MAJOR plot changes after it was picked up by a publisher and no longer an indie book. This already started to kill my buzz, but I pushed forward....

And was sadly very disappointed with this, especially when I loved the first book so much and rarely have a DNF
Lindsay
Mar 23, 2014 Lindsay rated it really liked it
When I read Beautifully Damaged forever ago, I devoured it. And I immediately went on a search for more books by L.A. Fiore. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw months later that she was adding to the Beautifully Damaged series with this book. I couldn't wait to read it. So when the opportunity presented itself for me to review this for the blog, I jumped at it.

And I don't regret a single moment. Once I started, I wasn't able to put it down. I was drawn into Lucien and Darcy's story. I
Deborah
Aug 07, 2014 Deborah rated it really liked it
Amazing second book 4.5 stars.

'Beautifully Damaged' absolutely amazed me and it's a hard book to follow and I did wonder, briefly if I'd be disappointed since I couldn't imagine that 'Forgotten' could live up to my expectations.
Lucien Black was my favourite character from the previous book, he was a bit of an enigma and I wanted more so I was thrilled when I found this book.
Lucien was about two years old when he was left at the St. Agnes orphanage, luckily for him Sister Anne was a beautiful sou
Reanell Tisdale
Jul 22, 2014 Reanell Tisdale rated it it was amazing
5++STARS!!

I absolutely adored this book. 5 stars does not do it justice! I didn't expect anythig less from L.A. Fiore. I fell in love with her writing style with Beautifully Damaged.

So with Beautifully Forgotten we get Lucien's story. I was very curious about him with BD and I'm so glad she is giving him his own story. We also get Trace and Ember. I was so excited to get more of those two.

This story completely blew me away. After I was finished, I sat there thinking...I did not expect that rolle
Bj
Apr 20, 2014 Bj rated it really liked it
*I gave this audiobook a C+ for the narration and B- for the story at AudioGals

Narrated by Amy Rubinate

Having been absolutely floored by Beautifully Damaged, the first book in the Beautifully Damaged series, I knew I had to read or listen to Beautifully Forgotten. Lately, however, I’ve been finding that sequels rarely live up to their fantastic predecessors, and unfortunately Beautifully Forgotten is no different. It is still an interesting contemporary romance with plenty of suspense to render
Turning Pages At ...: Monthly Read: Beautifully Forgotten by LA Fiore 2 14 Aug 06, 2014 08:47AM
  • The Protector (Sizzling Miami #3)
  • One Wild Ride (Lords of Mayhem #2)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • Ripping Pages
  • Lies Beneath the Surface (Buried Secrets, #2)
  • Beautifully Done (Beautifully Awake, #2)
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 3 (MC Chronicles, #3)
  • Captured in Croatia
  • Kick
  • Tyler & Stella (Tattoo Thief, #2)
  • Wanderlust
  • The Beats in Rift (The Bad Blood Series, #1)
  • Second Chance (Running Into Love, #3)
  • Taming Ryder (Souls of the Knight, #2)
  • Blue Ice (Ice #1)
  • Love on a Spring Morning (Pine Harbour, #3)
  • Until We Break

Beautifully Damaged (3 books)
  • Beautifully Damaged (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Beautifully Decadent (Beautifully Damaged, #3)

“You, Ember. It’s you I don’t want put in danger. I can’t live without you. You burrowed yourself so deeply into my soul that I can’t exist without you. Don’t you get that? It’s fucking you I need.” 2 likes
“It’s crap when people say you shouldn’t try to change someone. The whole nature of a relationship is compromise, and compromise is change. It can be scary as hell changing what you know to fit with someone else, so I think you’re entitled to drag your feet a bit.” 2 likes