Start by marking “Unchosen (Chosen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unchosen (Chosen, #2)

Unchosen

(Chosen #2)

Lizzie O’Malley is back with a purpose in life. Still flighty and unpredictable, she knows that loving and losing Teagan Gallagher has changed her life forever. As she navigates her new life in Boston as a full time working mother, she promises herself she will never fall in love again.

But can she keep that promise after meeting Nick Sawyer, the gorgeous Texan who has fal
Published May 12th 2014 by Surrendered Press

To ask other readers questions about Unchosen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unchosen

Marina Alaniz
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**I received a complementary copy in return for an honest review**

I have to start off by saying, Unsettled the 1st book in this series made me cry like no other, that was until I read this book. Thanks Alisa for that :)

I love Lizzie and her spunk she is stronger in this book. You can't help but feel for her. She's trying to move on, but the wrong way by not wanting to fall in love again. I get her point of view after what Teagan did to her (ass move btw). That is until she meets Nick.

Oh Nick he'
Rachael
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am in love with this series. Alisa Mullen books should be a MUST READ for everyone. The character development was amazing, I was super glad to see Lizzie mature and start to move on, and this book will keep you on your toes for sure. One moment you will be in love, then pissed off, laughing, and crying. Definitely a 5++++++++ book. Keep on writing them books Alisa you have some serious SKILL ♥♥♥
Carrie White
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This picks up from the end of Unsettled......
After her world is turned upside down from losing her heart, Lizzie's slowly starting to build her life back up.
After making a life altering decision to keep the one thing from reminding her of that one perfect summer,Niall!!
Follow Lizzie thru her eyes of this continuing journey of rediscovering who she is, as a new mother, a sister & a daughter! Relationships grow tighter that ever.......Until eventually,it's all too good too be true.
A horrific
Alexandra
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm a beta reader. This was such an excellent read; I read it in a day. The character development of Lizzie has really been explored--she's still spunky and unpredictable, but you really feel her inner growth and are rooting for her the whole book. Nick is a great character, I have fun imagining his Southern drawl and tight ass. Can't wait to see how all the drama unfolds with the next book; I already have anxiety about one character who better not ruin it all!
Krysta Anderson
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Author Alisa Mullen does not disappoint in her second installment in The Chosen Series, Unchosen!! I loved getting to know Nick as he and Lizzie struggle to define their relationship. The plot twists kept me on pins and needles - I couldn't put the book down - and the ending made me wanting for more!!
Jessica Gomez
This is one of those times in a review, where I am not sure if I want to blubber and cry my eyes out over my computer, Oooooooooor... Throw the damn thing across the room and stomp around while I pout! My mind is all over the place with this one.

Okay, so Lizzie's life continues after Teagan, Post-T. (And bytheway, if Teagan and Nick had some kind of hot-character-book-off, Nick would wipe the floor with your face!) Anyway, Lizzie has turned her life around, becoming everything she would have hop
Alpha Possessive Heroes
Omigah after so many books I've read for the past few weeks, I finally found a 5 stars!!

I picked this book without knowing anything. I just recently found out it's effing book two in the series. With all the crap I've been reading lately, I was like- to hell with it, I'ma go ahead and just read book 2 and maybe it will help me feel sleepy.. but let me tell you, there was no sleeping happened!!

I laughed in the middle of the night, cried my eyes out around 4 fuckin AM and finished it with a swol
Eye Candy Bookstore
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I was excited for the book from the moment I finished the first book in the series 'Unsettled.' My excitement was short lived in some respects. The excerpt given to the reader for 'Unchosen' in the first book is a far different beginning than what is given to the reader in this book. The teaser actually made it hard for me to understand the characters timeline in this novel. Looking beyond the very confusing/misleading timeline, I loved the character relationships in this book! The story line it ...more
Vixster
May 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Another good read but it just didn't hit the high the first book gave me. I loved Unsettled and couldn't wait to see where the story of Lizzie and Teagan was going to lead. Sadly there was no sign of Teagan and it left a gaping hole for me.

After piecing her life together as best she could, Lizzie meets Nick and become friends, they both want more but don't cross the line till Lizzie does something stupid and realises she wanted Nick all along. It's a decent story and the next book looks a good
Vanessa
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am a beta reader and could not wait to get my hands on this book. It is such a great follow up to Unsettled. I loved seeing how Lizzie has grown and the new path her life is on, only to be turned upside down when she meets beautiful, dreamy Nick. I fell in love with Nick instantly and you will too, especially after he helps Lizzie through the darkest time in her life. I am so excited and anxious for the next book to come out--I cannot wait to see how this all turns out for Lizzie.
Tracey Parker
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Alisa does an amazing job by bringing you even deeper emotionally with Lizzie. We also get to meet Nick in this book. So much happens... don't want t spoil anyone, but by then end you have been put through all emotions again. Lizzie does a lot of growing up in this book. This is another must read but you have to read Unsettled first. Just an amazing job by Alisa Mullen!
Michael Burhans
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
the second book in the series. Not as hard hitting in many ways as the first, but still a good read filled with characters you care about. As any good second book does, it made me want to read the third right away.
S.K. Fordham
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous read. Enjoyed this story fro start go finish. Well written good plot. Look forward to book3
Alisa Mullen
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote, unsettled
One click Unchosen
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Do you hear that? That's the sound of my heart breaking and my chest heaving from all the ugly crying... Argh! I was seriously afraid, when I was about 80% of the way through this book, that I was going to run out of tissues and I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY EXCEPT TO SAY OH MY GOD!! Phew, sorry for yelling y'all. I won't do that again. I can, and will, compose myself... Unchosen by Alisa Mullen is the second book in the Chosen series - and it's a series which, if I had my way, would never, ever come to ...more
Heather Clark
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Summery - We join currently prego Lizzie O'Mally and her struggle with dealing with a broken heart, Managing a job, and a new baby. Lizzie hasn't had it easy and she's made sacrifices. Without her family I am sure it would be much harder on her.

Rating - 4/5 stars. The first book was amaze-balls. The second one, does not disappoint. Im really hard on the books I read. I either love them or hate them. I certainly don't hate this one.

Genre - New Adult.

Language - Yes, this author likes to swear. Its
Leeann Wright
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow, in writing Lizzy’s story, Alisa has perfectly capture the what it is like to be a single mother. She has perfectly describes the insecurity, the fears, the devotion to your child, a mothers love & the uncertainty of getting into another relationship & wondering about all the what if’s that come with that.

That aside, this is a beautiful story of a woman who has had her heart broken & a man who was lost until he met Lizzy. As a family the O’Malley’s as close as you could possibly
Ella
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is book two in the chosen series, even though it is part of a series it could be read on its own. At first this book threw me off, because it starts out a the end of book 1 but before the epilogue. This review will have spoilers if you haven't read the previous book.
Compared to book one Lizzie is more mature but still has some issues to work through and in this book she was again deal a crappy hand. Throughout all the problems she is dealing with she has Niall and moves out, she start
Ciarra  Walker
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
his is book 2 in the Chosen Series and well after the first one I was going mad needing to know what was going to happen. I was not disappointed.

Lizzie is doing her best being a single mother, with her families help she is able to work at a very great job and she moved into her own place. She is making all the right steps to make a good life for her and her son, but she is lonely even with her family and her best friend which just happens to be her brother she still feels some what alone in the
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Wow okay. So Unchosen, the second in this series, picks up close to where the first book ended. Lizzie has her son and has an amazing job as a financial broker (yeah that I don't buy that so much, but eh whatever). She is eating lunch one day and meets Nick. Beautiful, sweet Nick. Lizzie has told herself she will never fall in love again. After horrible Teagan she just can't do it again. She has her son and her job and her family and that is enough.

When Nick joins her for lunch they are kind of
Megan
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Alisa Mullen has done it again!!!

Unchosen is book #2 of the series and was even better than the first! I can’t even begin to describe how heartbroken I was for Lizzie after finding out what a shite Teagan was in Unsettled. It took everything within me not to yell at my tablet at 3 am…yes I have lost a lot of sleep reading this series because I can’t seem to put it down!

Struggling with Teagan’s betrayal and abandonment Lizzie pushes herself to succeed for her son. With her family supporting her i
Shannon Deatherage
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
This one lost a little something for me. I would still rate it a 3.5 Star read but something was missing from book 1 to book 2. I think Lizzy became a little less likeable in this one. I can't quite put my finger on it. May be it was the lack of Teagan that dropped this down a half star for me. Regardless it was still good and I would still recommend it.

This read starts off where Unsettled left off. Lizzy is trying to move forward after Teagan and begins her life as a single mother. Lizzy's fam
A Little of This and A Lot of That

Hooked On Books
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Alisa Mullen does a wonderful job with Unchosen. Unchosen is book 2 in

the chosen series. It is my opinion that this book cannot be read alone. Without reading

the first book, the reader cannot understand where, why, or how the main female

character got to where she is. Read them both, it is worth it!!

Lizzie O'Malley finds herself pregnant and without the baby's father. After almost

aborting her baby, Lizzie has decided to give it all she has got for her child. She

becomes a successful
Mary
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Lizzie is back - warts and all. She's trying to make something of her life, to be more than just a single mother. A chance meeting at a lunch counter leads to an impromptu lunch date with Nick, a IT guru. For the first time since Teagan, Lizzie is noticing a man. Nick is nice looking - ok HAWT - and she takes a chance and emails him.

Becoming friends, Lizzie and Nick get to know each other, eventually meeting each other's fr
T.M. Payne
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: Unchosen - The Chosen Series #2
Author: Alisa Mullen
Publication Date: 5/12/2014
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Teagan has gone back to Ireland . When Lizzie last seen Teagan she was at the abortion clinic. Lizzie has done so much good with her life.
She works as a financial advisor and one day while out for lunch she meets a very sexy man with a southern drawl.
Nick has brought out feelings Lizzie did not want to have ever again. But when she finally decid
Melissa Cheslog
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the continuation of the story of Lizzie O'Malley. She is now a financial advisor in Boston working hard to provide for her and her baby, Niall. She meets Nick a self proclaimed 'IT' geek from Texas one day on her lunch break. They become friends as Lizzie is refusing to let her heart be broken ever since Teagan left to go back to Ireland. Connor, her brother is an up and coming rock star with his band and is her best friend. Freddie visits from Ireland and Lizzie is forced to make some b ...more
Tracy Reads
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
much much better i love this part of lizzies story

This book was gifted to me by the author in exchange for an honest review with thanks to Stephanie's book reports
well i love being wrong about a book and i was wrong about this one in my mind i had it mapped out as it was going to be dry lacking something like the first but that was so not the case, it was sassy and sexy and romantic and i freaking loved it and i'm now excited for book 3, i must admit i am a little sad that when she went to Ire
Bloggers From Down Under
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
“To always remember that your consequences will lead you back to that one choice you made in the past. Take caution when you choose your paths because you never know where they will lead”

Love love loved that part of the book and to have it at the start makes you know your in for a good book!!

Lizzy is trying her best to be a mother, sister and friend after her broken heart, she is going through the process of living she is working and taking care of her son Niall.
Then Nick comes along she refuses
J.L.
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book also had its emotional moments. The story was really about a young woman growing up. She is healing from a broken heart that was pulled out and trampled on by a lying no go for nothing Irish dude (asshat Teagan). In this story Lizzie meets a new man Nick. Nick is a sexy guy who seems to roam from one girl to another. But in reality you can see that he really cares about Lizzie and Niall. Lizzie has repaired her relationship with her family. She spends a lot of time with her brother Con ...more
  • Breaking Through the Waves (Hawaiian Crush, #2)
  • Under My Thumb (Serenade #1)
  • Obsessive (Issues, #2)
  • A Fighting Chance (Chances Are #3)
  • In the End (Quarantined, #2)
  • Rebel Walking Box Set: In a Heartbeat, Heaven Sent, Banded Together (Rebel Walking #1-2.5)
  • The Guys Are Props Club (G.A.P., #1)
  • Six Shades of Romance
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • A Fine Profession (The Chambermaid's Tales, #1)
  • Safer Outside (Outside Series #1)
  • Revealed by You (Torn, #2)
  • Ash to Steele
  • Betting on Hope
  • The Filthy Series (Filthy, #1-6)
  • The Plan (The Shamed Billionaire, #1)
  • House of Steel (Unraveled, #1)
  • Caress and Conquer
Alisa Mullen is the author of the Best Selling Saga, The Chosen Series and the Best Selling psychological suspense novel, Plastic Confidence. She is also the author of Following the Sun,77 Steps, One Missing Link,The Business Trip, and many other short stories and novellas. She sometimes goes by kaycee veil.

Growing up in Down East Maine, Mullen received a BA from Texas A&M University and a MS

Chosen (4 books)
  • Unsettled (Chosen, #1)
  • Unrequited (Chosen, #3)
  • Unmarked: Sean's Story (Chosen #4)
“Has your life ever been so messed up that you wondered how you would survive another day?” 10 likes
“So go love someone that wants to love you back. Whoever that lad is will be one lucky person.” 6 likes