Start by marking “Fragmente (Partials, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fragmente (Partials, #2)

Fragmente (Partials Sequence #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  22,111 Ratings  ·  1,788 Reviews
Nach "Aufbruch" der neue futuristische Thriller um das Schicksal der letzten Menschen im Kampf gegen die Partials. Die junge Kira hat ein Mittel gegen die Seuche RM gefunden - doch der Kampf ums Überleben hat für die Menschen und die Partials erst begonnen ... In ferner Zukunft wurde die Menschheit durch den Isolationskrieg fast vollständig vernichtet - besiegt von den Par ...more
Published March 10th 2014 by Ivi Verlag (first published February 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fragmente, please sign up.
Alyssa I've only read the first book. I thought it was great. I don't want to give spoilers but It's about super cool fake people that were used for war. I…moreI've only read the first book. I thought it was great. I don't want to give spoilers but It's about super cool fake people that were used for war. I really like the main character too(less)
George Partials. Click on the "(Partials Sequence #2)" link beside this book's title to get the entire list.

Wendy Darling
Win a Fragments ARC on the blog!

This review is spoiler-free, and safe even if you haven't read the first book in this series.

In my review of last year's Partials, I posted a handy check list to help readers decide whether the book was for them. If you're a fan of well-written science fiction thrillers or post-apocalyptic novels with strong heroines, this series is one you should definitely check out!

What do you need to know going into the sequel?

-- There are fantastic action sequences, full of t
Renu
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sequels make me feel both excited and nervous. Nervous, because sometimes they don't quite live up to their predecessors and I'm left sourly disappointed. Fragments, however, didn't just meet my expectations, it exceeded them!

The story alternates between Kira and Marcus's point of view. We follow Kira (who is later joined by Samm and Heron) on her journey to find the Trust, and Marcus as he takes a stand and does what he can to save the people of Long Island. Marcus wasn't my favourite character
dluvsbooks
Just finished re-reading Partials (it was just as amazing as the first time)!!! So excited to see what happens now.

THIS DESERVES A TRILLION STARS. it's just that good!
Eric Allen
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fragments
Book 2 of the Partials Sequence
By Dan Wells

A Review by Eric Allen

A few years ago, Suzanne Collins wrote The Hunger Games, and while not terrible, it was not exactly the best, nor most original book ever to come along. It sold ridiculously well, and this, in turn, set off what I like to call the Dystopian Revolution. Think hard, you'll see the joke in it eventually, if not outright. Publishers saw that there was huge interest in Dystopian fiction, and many an aspiring writer saw their ch
Bradley
So I decided to give the series another shot and I'm glad I did. The first was too ham-fisted or at least a bit to obvious in the social commentary for me, but this one ran with a more adventure theme that left behind most of the us/them dynamic and instead focused on ethics where we weren't doing a lot of traveling and hunting for clues across the country.

The twist, and yes, there's more twists, were very decent and I can't complain when it comes to my high-satisfaction quotient. :)

I've respect
Glass
Mar 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
Review from Ja čitam, a ti?

Just because of Samm. I remember when I read Partials - I was speechless and completely amazed. Dan Wells gave me exactly what I love in my post-apocalyptic novels - well thought fictional world, strong characters and captivating plot twists. I loved every second of it. Now, I finally made myself to read the sequel - and it was all because of Samm. Fragments has 576 pages!

It was kind of a... boring. One of my status updates while I had been reading was this: "And that'
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Consistently mediocre is not a bad thing for a series to be, not when there are so many bad ones constantly being sold (and praised). Fragments is a story neither better nor worse than Partials, but it is just a bit more ambitious, as it splits into two plotlines that will most assuredly come together in the end.

In Fragments, the narrative is split between Marcus and Kira, and I was very surprised to find myself enjoying Marcus’ point of view more. Far more interesting things were happening on
Majo
Siento que este libro mejoró muchísimo con respecto al anterior. El autor arregló la mayoría de las falencias que me molestaron la primera vez.

Hubo un par de momentos en que la trama se estancaba, pero había tantas cosas sucediendo y tantos puntos de vista, que eso casi no se nota. Los protagonistas también me cayeron mejor que en el primer libro, han madurado a la fuerza y se ven obligados a tomar decisiones imposibles, que vuelven el relato más interesante.

Estoy ansiosa por leer la culminación
Meli
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
POR.DIOS
Los últimos capítulos son tremendos, si bien por partes se me hizo aburrido los giros que tiene este libro te dan piel de gallina. Increíble.
Menos mal que tengo Ruinas al lado o me volvería completamente loca de la ansiedad.
Jessica
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I freak out a little that I know Dan. I've bought Girl Scout cookies from his daughter. Been to a concert with him and his lovely wife. And then you realize: Holy frak, he's probably one of the smartest writers working today. AND I KNOW HIM. Dan is a genius for using plenty of good, hard science in his books, without either confusing or condescending to the reader. You feel smarter after reading one of his books. You also feel entertained.

Oh, and stressed.

Yes, you definitely feel stres
Donna
This novel is the second book in the 'Partials' series. It is Young Adult dystopian. When it comes to Dystopian novels, I can't help myself. They are a guilty pleasure.

This second book was much better than the first one, which I only gave 3 stars to but this one gets 4. The biggest problem I had with the first one was the lack of world building. That problem was only slightly evident here, but this one was so much more gripping. I was pulled right into the story by the characters and the plot.
Ferdy
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars - Spoilers

Meh, it was okay. The writing wasn't bad, it was just really slow and really BORING… And slow and boring aren't the best of combinations.
I enjoyed Partials far more than Fragments… I disliked the slow pace, the lack of thrilling action, and the change to multiple POV's. I would have rather read Kira's POV alone - I wasn't interested in Marcus or Samm, they were positively dull. Not that Kira was exciting but she was at least somewhat mildly engaging. Okay, that's not true, sh
Melyssa
Jul 03, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I like that people are saying that this needs more romance in it that Partials had... Haha. I am voting for a hike in the Kira/Samm story as well... But guys. The author is a dude. And even though guys do love and all that jazz, all the books I have read by male authors are a little lacking in the romance dept. Maybe Dan will pull a Hail Mary and surprise me with a realREAL love story in this one! Who knows!
Jamie
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This review can also be found at The Title Page

Rating: 2 Stars

So, we have a really popular book. Great reception, awesome cover, everyone seemed to love it. What do we do to boost the fame? Write a mediocre sequel, but here's the kicker..... USE THE SAME EXACT COVER! Woah! Amazing! I mean, of course, we can't use the EXACT SAME THING, so lets add another person in there, and change up the skyline a bit. WINNING!

This book was so badly thought out and researched, I want to cry out in anger... "Why
C.G. Drews
After spending AGES figuring out what to rate this book, I'm giving it 4-stars when I originally thought 3-stars. I wanted to love FRAGMENTS, because PARTIALS was pure brilliance. But I didn't. You want to know the real problem?

The beginning was dead boring and the ending was dead brilliant.

See how hard that is to rate?! The ending wins me over, because I felt wowed at the ending. Jaw drop. Bug eyed. The works. I was happy and shocked for the last 150-pages. After I finished I had the whole "W
Annabelle Marie Veronica
Dan Wells is a cruel jerk. Worst cliffhanger ever.

However, this book was amazing. Even better than book one. And that's saying something.

Review to come.
Hannah (PSIloveThatBook)
MORE? MORE! @ P.S. I love that book!

So I read Partials and I loved it! Then I read a novella Isolation and it was alright. Obviously as I am on Partials train I got myself a copy of the second book Fragments and was right into it!

THE WORLD: The world in this book gets expanded! Besides the little island where humans live and the land where Partials live we get to see Chicago and Denver! And I just loved how it was portrait, especially Denver. It was just crazy. I do not want to talk too much ab
Dana

This book made me question my morals constantly. Insane moral quandaries are scattered throughout this book and it makes for an amazing, if frustrating read. The benefit to this style of writing however, is that there are no black and white characters. Every choice made in this novel has epic consequences and no matter who you help someone else will suffer for it.

I almost don't want to read the next book because I feel like everything is so dire that to have any hope at all would require a farf
Darren Hagan
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**3.5 stars**
**No spoilers**

The first third of this book I found to be really quite boring and it made me slump quite bad. Then however it did seriously pick up and I flew through the rest of it. A couple of Kira's choices were questionable and there were some confusing bits. The third book has the potential to be a great finale though with all the cliffhangers from this book.
Amanda
Oh good Lord. For people who have been so kind as to read my review for Partials... You will understand this next command:
COMMENCE SCREAMING AND RUNNING IN 3...2...1...
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*breath*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hypatia
Mar 24, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm hoping Fragments will have more interactions between Kira and Samm to make up for Partials being sorely lacking in the romance department.
Samantha
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this one a little confusing at times with so many parties and stories going on but I still liked it a lot. Although I didn't like the cliff hanger of an end...ahhh!
Carmen
Mar 29, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Hopefully there will be more romance... OR ELSE I WILL HAVE A GIANT SPASTIC FREAK OUT.
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Thanks to Netgalley and HarperCollins UK, Children’s for me giving this book to review.

Kira has found a cure for RM but it is not easily accessible as it means using the partials, now she is on a search across the country with Samm, Heron and an unhinged computer expert called Afa for a cure for both the humans and partials as well as answers to who she is and who know about her. Meanwhile back on Long Island, Marcu
Mikaela Schmitt
So, this was my review for Partials: I LOVED this book!!!! It was sooooooo good!!! It had a great plot line and characters and kept you on edge the whole time. I finished it in a day because it was soooooo good!!!! This almost rates above Harry Potter and the Hunger Games!!! And for me (being a HP and HG crazed obbsessed fan) that is saying something!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...more
Andrea
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Después de más de 500 páginas de viaje, pistas contradictorias y desolación, el final del libro me puso la piel de gallina y el veredicto es que sí me gustó mucho.
Si no le puse 5 estrellas es porque esas 500 páginas de viaje, pistas contradictorias y desolación fueron muy largos (que no por eso menos interesantes) y a veces repetitivos.
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
I've had Fragments waiting to be read for a while, and it just continuously got pushed back to the end of the reading queue. I eventually gave up trying to read it and chose to pick up the audiobook with my credits, which would mean I wouldn't have to sacrifice a book to read this, and I can listen to this one the go.

The Plot
Fragments picks up a few months after Partials. Kira is off by herself, trying to find the cure to save humans and Partials, but also trying to find out more about herself a
Elicia Cheah
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can also find this review at http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot...

Detailed Review: Ok. Long story short. This book was... It was... It was just... Oh my god. I don't know what to say. It was just asd;flkjadflkjaposiu AMAZING. I'm on the verge on a mental breakdown. See what this book has done to me? SEE?!? After reading Partials, I did get a good impression of the author and we even interviewed the author! Yes, we interviewed the famous Dan Wells! (You should already know that if you're a
Kassidy
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I really wanted to love this one as much as I loved the first, but it was just sooo long!
I feel like it drags at parts, there are unnecessary scenes, and it could have been 100 pages shorter. However, there are so many cool plot developments and we get a lot of answers!! I really loved the ending and I flew through the last 50 pages like they were nothing.
I am confused on Marcus' character and the relationship between him and Kira.. along with other relationships that develop. I'm not really fe
Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings)
Fragments picks right up where Partials left off. You jump straight into the action. Kira, Marcus and the rest of the crew that I grew to love are back but they find themselves separated. There is little communication between the groups yet they are all working toward the same goal and it it so fun to see how the work Marcus's team compliments what Kira is up to. While like the first one the romance is kept to a minimum, there is one of my favorite couple-y lines of dialogue in this book. Like w ...more
UCAS English 10 H...: January Reading Assignment 1 3 Jan 16, 2018 06:47PM
Sam and kira or Marcus and kira 16 97 Nov 23, 2015 07:12AM
The first Human/Partial Hybrid? 10 145 Jan 09, 2014 03:55PM
Mansfield Public ...: Fragments by Dan Wells Review 1 8 Aug 16, 2013 07:09PM
Addicted to Novel...: Fragments (Partials Sequence #2) by Dan Wells 2 16 Jun 30, 2013 01:41AM
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers, #2)
  • Dualed (Dualed, #1)
  • False Sight (False Memory, #2)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • The Prey (The Hunt, #2)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • Ashen Winter (Ashfall, #2)
  • Fuse (Pure #2)
  • Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Arclight (Arclight, #1)
  • MILA 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)
  • Pulse (Pulse, #1)
  • Rise (Eve, #3)
Dan Wells is a thriller and science fiction writer. Born in Utah, he spent his early years reading and writing. He is he author of the Partials series (Partials, Isolation, Fragments, and Ruins), the John Cleaver series (I Am Not a Serial Killer, Mr. Monster, and I Don't Want To Kill You), and a few others (The Hollow City, A Night of Blacker Darkness, etc). He was a Campbell nomine for best new w ...more
More about Dan Wells

Partials Sequence (3 books)
  • Partials (Partials Sequence, #1)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Humanity will destroy itself, body and soul, before it will learn a simple lesson.” 56 likes
“Facts are too busy being true to worry about how you feel about them.” 46 likes