Start by marking “Queen of Hearts (The Jayne Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Hearts (The Jayne Series #2)

Queen of Hearts (The Jayne Series #2)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  121 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
With a broken heart and nothing to lose, Jayne King leaves Las Vegas, running from the only man she ever loved. He used her. Lied to her. Got her father killed. Cost her everything.

All she wants is to start over somewhere new and escape her past. She finally finds a place to plant roots, and someone she can trust. But she should’ve known that when Flynn said he’d never giv
Kindle Edition
Published May 11th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Hearts

Hooked On Books
May 06, 2014 Hooked On Books rated it it was amazing
Jayne finds herself in Oklahoma. She’s trying to restart her life, yet she knows deep down she is missing Las Vegas but why? It’s a life she had wanted to leave behind for years; her Father was dead there was nothing in Las Vegas for her was there? The man she had fallen in love with had deceived her and left her heart broken.

Flynn is a man on a mission; he loves Jayne and will stop at nothing to have her. He has spent years watching her from a far and now he intends to give her the life she des
Jos
Nov 30, 2014 Jos rated it really liked it
4 Stars

OK, so I delved right into this book after finishing with the first book and it did play out better than I was thinking. I still thought that Jayne was frustrating at times BUT I did end up loving her as well as that sexy as sin Flynn!!!!!!! OK, can I say that I LOVED Jackson:( Yes, I did and his part in the story left my heart broken a bit BUT I did get why it had to happen but still he was so damn sexy and so genuinely kind to Jayne!

I am actually really looking forward to the next book
Now I Read Book Blog
May 19, 2014 Now I Read Book Blog rated it it was amazing

The Queen of Hearts is the second in "The Jayne " series and it is my favorite so far in this series . I think author Jamie Denise has went and hit her self a home run with this book. This book start where See Jayne Play ended . As soon as I sat down ad started reading this book I was hooked. This book was full of a lot more action and drama than the first book. This book had so many different kinds of emotional roller coaster of emotions . This book made me laugh so hard , it made me want to cr
Dee McGee
May 21, 2014 Dee McGee rated it really liked it
description

*I was given a complimentary copy of Queen of Hearts for an honest review.

After being left with a hell of a book hangover and slightly miffed after a cliffhanger of an ending, I jumped at the opportunity to read Queen of Hearts early. I needed to know immediately what happened to Jayne King, Flynn McGuire, Vince, and that massive jerk hole Doyle McGuire. Queen of Hearts is full of suspense, angst that comes with two completely stubborn main characters, and off the charts steamy chemistry between
Crystal
May 23, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing
She left Vegas. It was supposed to be for good. Could she ever really get over the man who has her heart? Jackson helps her try, but he'll never burn her inside like Flynn. She wants a simple life, but is she really built for it?

All these questions seem to be on repeat in Jayne's head. She wants to find Janie so bad, but the girl she was doesn't seem to be there anymore. She changed so much when she morphed into Jayne.

You can feel every emotion she's going through. The death of her father and V
The Hive
Jun 22, 2014 The Hive rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Liz's Review:

In this book we follow Jayne King as she runs away from the man who betrayed her. Lost and lonely, she finds herself in a small town and uses it to start over. With a new relationship and new friends, she thinks she has finally found her place, until the past appears at the foot of her bed.

When Jayne left, Flynn vowed that he would never give up and never let her go. When she is found, Jayne decides to return to where it all began. Although she tried to avoid him, the pull that she
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Jun 07, 2014 Sassy Moms Say Read Romance rated it it was amazing
Thank you to TRSOR Promotions and Jami Denise for providing us with an ARC so we could write this review.

Ok let me start off by saying that before you read Queen of Hearts you really need to read See Jayne Play, since that is the first of book in this series.

This series is soo good. Once I started reading it I couldn't stop. It has sexy characters, drama, excitement, action and intrigue. There are characters that you are dying to see how they play a role in the whole thing and others that you wa
Andrea
May 13, 2014 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Jami Denise has done it again. Taking us into a world of love, passion, friendship, betrayal, family and passion ... did I say passion?

We start off with Jayne living a quiet and secret life in the middle of nowhere America. Filling her days with simplicity and a caring man. A man, who isn't Flynn. In all actuality there can never be another Flynn...for us or for Jayne.

Ultimately drawn back to Vegas and the world she left behind Jayne has only one thing on her mind ... revenge. She has lost it
J.R.
Apr 06, 2015 J.R. rated it it was amazing
What a fun sequel to See Jayne Play! I can honestly say, if you haven't read the first in this series, you can still read through the Queen of Hearts as a stand alone, however, having read the first one, believe me when I say, you want to read it.
I'm a big old sucker for Flynn in this story. I loved how Denise set it all up though, having Jayne attempt a re-start with Jack. I like Jack. Jack is nice. But he's not Flynn. Just saying. Best feeling ever - seeing these two mend their relationship, w
Jennifer Guffey
Jul 17, 2015 Jennifer Guffey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vegas, 2015
Queen of Hearts (Jayne series #2)
By: Jami Denise
4/5 stars

I think that I should have done a reread of book 1, See Jayne Play, before reading this book. I didn’t remember a lot of the specifics and I felt like thing weren’t well re-explained like a lot of authors do in their sequels.

At the end of the first book, Jayne left Vegas, running away from Flynn after losing her father & her friend Vince. So, at the beginning of this book, Jayne is no longer a high-priced Vegas call girl, wearing fancy
Patty Presley
Jun 12, 2014 Patty Presley rated it it was amazing
I won this book from a blog giveaway.

As usual, Jami has done it again.

This is the continuing story of Jayne King, former call girl in Vegas. After the end of the last book, Jayne went "home" to Oklahoma to find herself, but realized that what she wanted was not there.

She feels that someone was following her, and she was right. But the person following her was one of the last people she ever expected to see in her life again.

I was shocked to find that both people that we expected were dead, w
Cheri Morningstar
May 20, 2014 Cheri Morningstar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Flynn

It's all about Flynn, even though we don't really know what or how he feels. So much of this story I was in the dark, because both Flynn and Vince wouldn't tell Jayne anything, hence as a reader, I didn't know either. Most of the story was about Jayne searching for answers.
The ending was nice, a cliffhanger, but a good one. Not as good as book one, but I definitely want to read more about Jayne and Flynn and their next chapter in life.
Meredith
May 13, 2014 Meredith rated it it was amazing
In book one I said that Jayne was a character that women could look up to. She was fierce and strong. I love those type of female MC's. In book 2 Jayne comes back, her heart a bit battered, but stronger than ever. My love for Flynn hasn't wavered regardless of how things turned out in book 1. Don't read this book and try to predict, just don't. Jami Denise keeps you on your toes throughout and of course the fire power and passion is intense yet again! This series is magnificent!
B.L. Wilde
May 28, 2014 B.L. Wilde rated it it was amazing
Jami Denise has done it again. This book captivated me from start to finish. I adore her raw gritty writing style.

I fell for Flynn in the first book, but now...ugh, yep, that man is something else.

Jayne does a lot of soul searching in this book and I warmed to her even more.

I'm not one for plot spoiling, but if you want a gritty captivating read, start this series today. You won't regret it.
Dawn Chic
May 12, 2014 Dawn Chic rated it it was amazing
Great read!! So excited to see what happened next for Jayne and Flynn, especially after the cliff in book 1. What I love about this series is its not only hot and steamy, but also exciting, suspenseful, and full of drama. The twists and turns in the plot will keep you on the edge of your seat. If you enjoyed See Jayne Play, Queen of Hearts will not disappoint.
Michelle
Jun 14, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chance
More of Janie and Flynn continues. I love their chemistry together and Flynn's dedication to her. I don't care much for Vince though because he is supposed to be like Janie's surrogate brother and doesn't always have her best interests at hand or has a weird way of showing it. Janie was on the run because her life was in danger but she eventually goes back to Las Vegas and decides that is where her life will always be. Doyle is hiding but he still wants Janie to pay while Janie wants her father' ...more
Lost Between the Pages
May 08, 2014 Lost Between the Pages rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is a teaser I made for Queen of Hearts

Review to come on release day!
Adriana Caceres
May 12, 2014 Adriana Caceres rated it it was amazing
Full review will follow on Sarah Says Read Romance blog, but I have to say this... A HUGE MUST READ!!!!
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Jayne has left Vegas, hurt by the events that turned her life inside out and broke her. She is determined to start a new life, but soon finds out that the past is never far behind. Once again being pulled back, she returns to Vegas where the battle of wills between her and Flynn resumes. She is hard pressed to stay away from Flynn and not give in to the feelings that threaten her sanity. Flynn is equally determined to make her realize they belong together. But as enemies continue to be hot on th ...more
Rhenna Morgan
Sep 25, 2014 Rhenna Morgan rated it it was amazing
A great continuation (book 2) of a very original storyline. I really love the way Jami creates such rich characters with honest emotions. And the chemistry between the couple? Fan-freakin'-tastic! I would recommend you read book one--See Jayne Play--before you read this one. Could this one stand alone? Probably. But why deprive yourself of the goodness of reading both? :) Looking forward to book 3.
Nicole Benitez
Feb 15, 2015 Nicole Benitez rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-ebooks
I normally get fed up with the whole tortured billionaire thing but this was different. I liked the fact that Jayne was a bit tougher than most but her wishy washy personality could get annoying after awhile. All in all, one of the better free books I've read.
Dena
Mar 14, 2015 Dena rated it it was amazing
Great ending and loved this story. Janet and Flynn were great romantic characters that fulfilled their dreams together. A love story worth reading
Cassandra Kutchara
Sep 24, 2014 Cassandra Kutchara rated it liked it
Nah...Not a fan of this series. Which I believe I mentioned in the last review. I really DON'T like Jayne..I think she is pretty dumb. I don't like the way she thinks..at all.

----------spoiler below--------------

Jayne ends up in Oklahoma. She is in a relationship type thing with her boss Jackson (she got a job at his diner). She is their for almost a year. Jackson is great! He is loving, caring, sweet, and any girl would have been happy to have him. But not Jayne, because he wasn't dangerous.

T
Sue
Aug 05, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it
I just love what Jami Denise did with this book. It is a fitting sequel to the first book but also quite excellent without taking the fact that it is a sequel into account. Flynn and Jayne make each other crazy but it works for them. Their chemistry and love for each other leap off of the page. This is definitely worth picking up!
Melinda
Aug 11, 2014 Melinda rated it liked it
Is probably give it a 3 1/2 or 3 3/4 if I could do half ratings. I like that the series wrapped up in a pretty bow but some of the character motivations didn't make all that much sense and this has a lot of telling and is missing some of the showing the first one had.
Katrin
“You don’t get to make me queen of this castle and think that makes everything better. Do what you have to do, and remember you have an impatient, very pissed off woman to get back to. Come back, ask me properly, and I just might marry you.”

Janee
Mar 10, 2016 Janee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Queen of Heats

Great book. Flynn was alpha all the way. To me it could of had a lot of action in the plot leading up to the climax of the story, not a bad little read. Great price too.
Rasha Hanna
Nov 28, 2014 Rasha Hanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good series

Really good series but I wish there was more and can't wait to read the next installment. Please keep them coming
Monica
Jul 11, 2015 Monica rated it really liked it
4.5 :D
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
  • Elah's Plaything (Playthings #3)
  • Summer Loving
  • Easter's Lilly
  • Destined Heart (Hart, #3)
  • The Way Back To Me
  • Worth It All (All, #3)
  • Wake Me Up ~ The Tainted Ink Series ~ Book 1
  • When the Heart Lies
  • Meg's Moment
  • Not His Type (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • The Darkest of Shadows
  • Then Kiss Me
  • Fallen (The Hidden, #2)

Jami Denise is a romance writer from Southern California.

She’s always had a passion for books and words. She loves the freedom to express herself through her stories and share them with others. She likes taking risks, pushing her characters into directions that challenge the reader and bring them out of their element. Her romance is always on the spicy side, with a little bit of sweet to make yo
More about Jami Denise...

The Jayne Series (3 books)
  • See Jayne Play  (The Jayne Series, #1)
  • Damned Sinner (The Jayne Series, #3)