Start by marking “The Trap (Trapped, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Trap (Trapped, #0.5)

The Trap

(Trapped 0.5)

Looking back, I should have seen it coming.

Paige didn’t like that I went so far away to university. But it was going to only be for two years. She'd join me after she did her two years at community college. I thought we could swing that no problem. We were solid.

But she hated the distance. She hated not seeing me every day. She complained that I didn’t come home enough.
Published May 6th 2014 by Season Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trap

Mysza
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
**** 4,5 stars ****
Wow, that was nerve wracking for such a short reading and I loved it. It sure made me want to read the next one really bad. I love an asshole hero and I love grovelling even more, which I hope I will find in the sequel.
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Currently FREE on Amazon.
USA - http://www.amazon.com/Trap-Trapped-Bo...
UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trap-Trapped-...

Mitch and Paige are childhood sweethearts who find themselves living in different cities... Mitch went away to University. This is where the romance starts to disintegrate for the young lovers....

The Trap is written with a lovely dose of angst but for me, if I'm perfectly honest, it was hard to completely care during the main body of the story because I hadn't built a reader relati
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Geri Reads
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Holy shit that was angsty!

Eighty-four pages of stomach-roiling angsty goodness. This novella packs quite a wallop from page one until the end. I was entertained from the get-go and intrigued by each character. Plus, there's an excerpt at the end for the next book and I almost cried reading it.

Paige and Mitch were sweethearts. Mitch was in college miles away from Paige. I think it's quite obvious from the title and the blurb that something happened and these two characters are dealing
Jen
I glance around the room and take in the women in my life, the women who mean the most to me. And then I look at the love of my life, my daughter, and know I need to be strong for her. I need to be strong for me.”

Oh hell yes! I love the fact that this young lady is getting it done and standing up for herself! I also love the fact that the demon baby daddy is still in the picture and we’ll have to deal with that angst in the next book. Did I want to junk punch Mitch? You betcha! I'm looking forwa
 B.E.Love
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**3rd re-read, and I cried again reading it**
re-read, I cried the second time around, now I have to dig into Trapped:}.

Let me fist start by saying you MUST read this, but let me follow that up with two pieces of advice 1) bring a box of tissue(yes you will need it, 2) be prepared you will be kicking yourself if Trapped isn't out and you have to wait for more. Oh MY GOSH this book was not amazing, it wasn't great it wasn't good it was mind blowingly insanely, awesome, to give this book 5 stars is
Sara
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mitch and Paige were high school sweethearts. After graduation, they were going to be separated. Mitch in NY going to school, and Paige staying in Georgia. After 2 years, she will transfer to NY with Mitch.

Being apart is harder than they thought. Just relying on sporadic phone calls, texts, and minimal visits was taking its toll. Mitch thought Paige was having a hard time with the separation.

One visit home changes everything when Paige tells him she's pregnant. She's only 18, he's only 19. They
Duchess Nicole
This was actually a really nice little prequel to what looks as if it will be an intense "win you back" kind of second chance romance. Our hero, Mitch, is quite the jerk in these pages, throwing blame around, denying his own responsibility, and basically blowing any chance of remaining in my good graces apart. Kid's got a long row to hoe, and I'm anxious to get to the meat of the story.

It sounds like Paige won't use her kid as a weapon, rather she's going to guard her own heart after such a mas
Rose
Quick review for a quick read. I'll admit I'm disappointed with this read for more reasons than one, but to start this review on a positive note, at least I see where Beverley Kendall's overall writing style has improved over time. This had a much better narrative flow to it than a few of the other contemporaries I've read from her in the past, and I see that as a good thing.

But beg my pardon on the pun, "The Trap" felt like a trap in itself. I think that's probably the best way I can sum it up
Angela
My heart broke reading this and I cried and cried.Mitch was such a selfish jackass and his best friend Josh an even bigger one.
Saffron
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG Why didnt I read this before today?! Hopping on to the next one!
Debbie DiFiore
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mitch is a loser

I can't believe that the idiot Mitch can be redeemed. I hate him and I don't knowing I will buy the book. Especially if he is making out and wanting OW. He is a PIG. So why four stars? Because the writing is good and the women in this book make me proud to be one. I felt their love, their compassion and all the feels. And mostly I felt the heroines pain. It consumed me. This is not a book either. Just 73 pages when I felt every one of them. I was 18 when I got pregnant too but my
Jenn
Two college teens.
One unplanned pregnancy.
Two shatter hearts.
One new bundle of joy.
And three lives that will be forever changed.

The author did a great job with evoking deep emotions out of me. I felt the sadness and pain for Paige. I felt hatred for Mitch. However, not once did I feel sorry for him and his selfishness or how he treated Paige. I also felt annoyed with Mitch's best friend, Josh. He has severe trust issues it seems with women and he clearly wasn't the best one to offer Mitch any ad
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
This was short and the Mitch acted like a douche, but it sets us up for some great redemption and some EPIC groveling potential for the next installment.

I LOVE groveling.
Sam
***Free copy in exchange for an honest review***

Okay, this story is not at all what I expected from reading the blurb.

I'm going to start with the good, because once I get to what I didn't like, ranting will likely ensue. My blood pressure shot through the roof more than a few times during my reading experience, and fair warning, if irresponsible deadbeat-dads raise your hackles, yours will, too.

The first thing I will say for this book is that I read it all in one sitting. I had to step away a
Kaycee ❤️

4 ANGSTY STARS!

Wow! It was so intense and nerve-wracking for such a short story. I loved the emotions that this book evoked.

I won't elaborate more on this book because I might end up telling you the whole story. I only want to say that I love it and now I can’t wait to read the next book since I'm a sucker for a second chance and a groveling hero! I just hope that Ms. Kendall will deliver on that.

Pattrycia
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The hero is too much of an asshole. A great short story that leaves me wanting for more.
Coco.V
Nov 24, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/24/2017)! 💝
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted What I'm Reading

It's a love/hate relationship between prequel. I love the start of The Trap, but I hate I have to wait for rest of the story. Ok, I got that off my chest. Anyway, Beverley Kendall brings us a story about a couple who "supposedly" loved each other. When it all boiled down Mitch started to doubt Paige's story and basically dumped her. Now Paige is dealing with her breakup and a pregnancy. Sucks to be her.

Love The Trap, even if it caused a few tears. I felt horrible for Paig
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Absolutely loved it! So much!!!

First of all, the cover and the title reminds me a little bit harlequin and that's a shame because this book is more a college book than anything else. Actually, this short story.

It is a big teaser for the novel Trapped and I just loved it! It surprised me with how well written it was and despite the fact that it was short, it still was detailed enough and yet to the point!

The story is about Paige and Mitch and how they end up with the consequences of both their
Beverley Kendall
Mar 09, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
THE TRAP is currently available FREE on Kindle, iBooks, Nook, Kobo, Google Play, Smashwords and ARe!
Irene
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: galley-arc
4 stars

Damn I need the next book like NOW!

The Trap is a short prequel to the upcoming book Trapped. It's one of those books that captures your interest and you can't help but become emotional involved.

I don't usually get so worked up but I really really wanted to junk punch Mitch, he needs to grow up and stop with the pity party if he is ever going to redeem himself.
I loved the last few lines, I might have actually smiled with how things ended, yep Mitch let's see how this works out for you :)
Elodie
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok, this was a little bit of a rough draft... The writing was good, but sometimes the emotions were not enough described so you couldn't really get into the character's mind, it was fuzzy and felt like the author wanted the moment to pass as fast as possible so she could write the following chapter.

Also, Mitch, seriously ? Just because she "lied" once when she (view spoiler), it means that she obviously lied plenty of times and cheated on y
Natasha
Jan 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Melanie
I loved this book because it dealt with the issue of unexpected pregnancy honestly, especially with young adults. This is a nice, quick read novella.
Katherine
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
thanks Netgalley for ARC
I really enjoy it. I cant wait to read book 1 and read how Mitchell GROVELS for forgiveness.
Julia's Book Haven
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars*
Silvia
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Wow, I’ve had this on my tbr list for a looong time and it was definitely worth the wait. I’m hating Mitch right now but hopefully in the next book he’ll redeem himself for Paige and Brianne’s sake. It’s a sweet and realistic story that reminds me a girl I went to high school with. I have hope that everything will turn out for the best.
KathyB
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Amy
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up

This is your typical tale of young love; high school sweethearts who beat the odds and remain together through graduation and into freshman year of college. Then she stops taking her pills because 1- they're causing her physical pain (contraction like cramps) and 2- her man's away for college and she didn't think she'd need them. Shit hits the fan when he shows up for a surprise visit and, caught up in the moment, she forgets to tell him to use a condom/that she's off the pill. Lo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Nick and Lilac
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Just Married (More than Friends, #1)
  • The Certainty of Deception (The Truth in Lies Saga, #2)
  • To Win Her Trust
  • Mine Would Be You (Sweet Home Alabama #1)
  • Jocelyn's Choice
  • Wait for Me
  • Lean on Me (The MacKay Sisters #2)
  • Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Modern Arrangements: Complete Trilogy (Modern Arrangements, #1-3)
  • The Lady in Red (Season for Scandal, #3.5)
  • Sizzle (Sizzle, #1)
  • Lumber and Lace
  • In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)
Click here to sign up for my newsletter to receive news about future releases!

Beverley Kendall has lived on two continents, in three countries, two provinces, and four states. She stopped her nomadic existence and settled in the southeast with her young son. All things artistic feed her creative passion, but none more than writing.

Connect with me on Facebook
Communicate w

Trapped (3 books)
  • Trapped (Trapped, #1)
  • Played (Trapped, #2)
“No—uh—no, I’m good.” I hold up a sleeve of crackers. “You were right, Paige isn’t feeling well. I thought I’d get her something to eat.” Lame lame lame lame. She’s going to see right through this whole cracker ploy for what it is. Attempts to settle her pregnant daughter’s stomach. Mrs. Nichols lets out an audible sigh as her brow puckers in sympathy. “Poor thing. Those cramps have always been such a nightmare. For that reason alone, I wish she’d remained on the Pill.” For the second time in as many days, everything stops. My breathing. My heart. And I’m pretty sure the couple seconds it takes for her words to register and their meaning to sink in, time grinds to a halt too. Paige’s mother chokes back a laugh as she takes in my expression. “Oh dear, weren’t you supposed to know that I knew my daughter was on the Pill? Or is it me talking about a woman’s cycle that embarrassed you?” she asks, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. I” 1 likes
“You sure the kid is yours?” Josh might as well of punched me in the face. Before I can get to him and tear his head off, he’s on his feet, his hands so high this time, he’s waving a white flag. “I’m just asking,” he says defensively. “I mean you’re up in New York most of the time. You don’t know what she’s doing when you’re not here.” If he knew how close I am to beating the shit out of him, his ass would be halfway to his car by now. I stand and make a move toward him but the look on his face stops me cold. Something in his eyes tells me he’s not simply trying to get a rise out of me. He knows something. I pull back and look him dead in the eyes. “Is there something you want to tell me, Josh?” 0 likes