Start by marking “How Not To Commit Murder” as Want to Read:
How Not To Commit Murder

Read Book

How Not To Commit Murder

Going straight is never easy – especially when you're blackmailed into murder.

“What a clever story with a wonderful balance of mystery and suspense and light-hearted comedy and fun.” A Life Through Books

Career conman Reuben Littlejohn is determined to go straight this time after his release from prison, with the help of his new wife.

But he hadn't counted on stumbling acr

Published April 14th 2013 by Robin Storey

To ask other readers questions about How Not To Commit Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Not To Commit Murder

Bj Gaskill
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't really mean to do it....Ahhhh how I love Reuben!
I have never been a big fan of crime novels, but this one blends just the right amount of comedy with the right about of crime.
Reuben is a WONDERFUL character. Seeing his struggles big and small was an enjoyment.
However, Frank is evil! I guess you can't reform them all right.
It's up to Reuben.....can he prevent a murder or is it pointless?
This story keeps you guessing to the very end.
Very well written and paced great.
Totally recommending!
Rosemary
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
How Not to Commit Murder - a review by Rosemary Kenny

It's often said the path to true love is seldom straight - never more true than in Reuben Littlejohn's case!

Ex-criminal and white collar conman Reuben is married to Carlene, a demanding, (but rich) woman who doesn't trust him when he's modelling swimming trunks - with busty beach-babes to ogle - or staying out til all hours, supposedly providing a shoulder to cry on for his (imaginary), friend Finn, when actually being embroiled in a plot to
John
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If there was ever such a thing as a well-meaning criminal, then Reuben, the central character, is just that. The problem is other people don't get hit good intentions at all.
After coming out of prison and marrying his prison visitor who is able to provide for him, one of his former fellow inmates, Frank, catches up with him and he is blackmailed into becoming involved in a plot to kill his parole officer Lucy. Given little choice but to comply, Ruben has to go more than the extra mile to ensure
Marty Langenberg
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Marty Langenbergon September 18, 2017
I liked this book a lot. For me, it was never in doubt how this would end, but that's okay. The way that we get to the end is what's important and there were enough twists and turns to keep me keen. Well done! BUT, I'm convinced that humour is like beauty - it's in the eye of the beholder, or in this case, the reader. Obviously, not my kind of humour. Again, that's okay. It's a darn good yarn.
Lora
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books’ main character Reuben is someone I alternately thought was a “pig”, a sort of a Ziggy character with the black cloud following him, a diamond in the rough, and a guy with a good heart. The author made me root for him.

The book also had a ton of humor! I laughed a lot. The story was complex and well written. It was also well edited. I would recommend it.
Anne
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't my favourite book but I did like it. It had some interesting parts but seemed to drag in a lot of places. I don't know what I would do to make me like it more but I have read other books by this author that I liked better, but I did like the story idea.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not kindle unlimited, sorta funny sorta not so a touch over okay

Comedy Shorts - Humorous Fiction Short Stories
How Not To Commit Murder - comedy crime - humorous mystery
Ninny HasAnInny
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: liked
Fun, online read. A bit drawn out, but I enjoyed the main character.
Heidi
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
im not a huge murder mystery fan but I am glad I read this one. I loved the comidic timming. The book has a great flow but lagged some much needed details I was dying to know. 3.5*
David Stimpson
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
good story ,,nice and light ..
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it

Great crime comedy - after leaving prison and trying to go straight, Reuben gets pulled back in to the criminal world.
Annemarie Groves
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
A gentle amble through the hiccups and trials of someone trying to be good and prevent harm but going about it in all the wrong ways.
jimmy moore
Dec 18, 2015
Peter Jackson
May 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
After many years as a freelance writer, I'm now hooked on fiction writing and love being an indie author. I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia - beautiful one day, perfect the next - where we complain if the temperature drops to below 14 degrees Centigrade.

I'd love you to come and visit me on my blog http://storey-lines.com/ and if you subscribe to my readers' group (there's a fo