Start by marking “The Time Traveller's Almanac Part 3 - Mazes & Traps (The Time Traveller's Almanac, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Time Traveller's Almanac Part 3 - Mazes & Traps  (The Time Traveller's Almanac, #3)

The Time Traveller's Almanac Part 3 - Mazes & Traps

(The Time Traveller's Almanac #3)

Theodore Sturgeon, Kim Newman, Greg Egan and Adrian Tchaikovsky amongst others present 17 temporal paradoxes.

Intrepid chrononauts Ann and Jeff VanderMeer have scoured time itself to bring you this instalment (the third of four) from their über-guide to exploring the fourth dimension, THE TIME TRAVELLER’S ALMANAC. Be warned: reality will be warped, wormholes opened, paradox
Published May 1st 2014 by Head of Zeus

Be the first to ask a question about The Time Traveller's Almanac Part 3 - Mazes & Traps

Start your review of The Time Traveller's Almanac Part 3 - Mazes & Traps (The Time Traveller's Almanac, #3)
Ryan
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
I find this large volume of stories (that I am reading parts on audio) more and more disappointing

I was really quite exciting to start it and the part 1 was pretty great but I found myself losing interest in a lot of the stories in this one.

Sadly I'll be in no rush to start part 4 and finish the collection.
Sue Chant
Good mix of old and new stories.

“The Clock That Went Backwards” by Edward Page Mitchell - very good for it's age!
“Yesterday Was Monday” by Theodore Sturgeon good
“Is There Anybody There?” by Kim Newman - quite good
“Fish Night” by Joe Lansdale - ok
“The Lost Pilgrim” by Gene Wolfe the Greek myth of the Argonauts - a bit long-winded but OK
“Palindromic” by Peter Crowther - good
“Augusta Prima” by Karin Tidbeck - dull
“Life Trap” by Barrington J Bayley - dull - didn't finish
“The Lost Continent” by Greg
Troy
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
As always with a compilation, some entries are stronger than others. I found this one to be very engaging and don't remember a bad story.
Deborah
There were a few good ones. I'll try to add individual ratings later.
Most were horror, some were related to time, but not really time travel.
Helen
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
As I said with the other volumes in this series, a mixed bag of short stories meaning that some short stories were better than others. Increasingly, though, I found these stories unsatisfactory. Many of them didn't really seem to get anywhere. Disappointing.
Patrick
Oct 22, 2018
Child Deirdre
May 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: discarded
A couple of interesting stories, but the rest are unbearably boring. Some of them are just tangentially related to time-travel. I borrowed the audio version of this book from the library, so no loss in any case. I do recommend the second and third stories.
Malcolm
rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2019
Roryhogan
Apr 13, 2020

• Area X: The Southern Reach Trilogy (Southern Reach, #1-3)
  • Wolf in White Van
  • S.
  • A Burglar's Guide to the City
  • QI: The Sound of General Ignorance
  • Demon Dentist
  • The Deadliest Sin (The Medieval Murderers, #10)
  • Batman: Venom
  • Batman, Volume 8: Cold Days
  • Batman: Earth One, Volume 2
  • The Flower Fairies (Fairy Realm, #2)
  • Batman '66, Vol. 1
Ann VanderMeer is an American publisher and editor, and the second female editor of the horror magazine Weird Tales. She is the founder of Buzzcity Press.

Her work as Fiction Editor of Weird Tales won a Hugo Award. Work from her press and related periodicals has won the British Fantasy Award, the International Rhysling Award, and appeared in several year's best anthologies. Ann was also the founder

The Time Traveller's Almanac (4 books)
  • The Time Traveller's Almanac Part 1 - Experiments (The Time Traveller's Almanac, #1)
  • The Time Traveller's Almanac Part 2 - Reactionaries (The Time Traveller's Almanac, #2)
  • The Time Traveller's Almanac Part 4 - Communiqués (The Time Traveller's Almanac, #4)