Start by marking “Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #1)

Sleepover Sleuths

(Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew #1)

Eight-year-old Nancy Drew has her first case to crack! Can you help? Nancy and her two best friends, George and Bess, are so excited! They have been invited to Deirdre's sleepover party! There will be pizza, cake, and even a pajama fashion show. But the most exciting thing is that the party has a City Girls doll theme. All of the guests are bringing their dolls with them!

B
Published September 1st 2007 by Spotlight (MN) (first published May 9th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sleepover Sleuths, please sign up.
Ann♥♪♪♪♪ You can read the preview for Sleepover Sleuths on this page, but to read the whole book you can buy it as an ebook which is available in several…moreYou can read the preview for Sleepover Sleuths on this page, but to read the whole book you can buy it as an ebook which is available in several formats and read it on an app or borrow it from the library. :) (less)

Lionel
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, mystery
I tried reading a "regular" Nancy Drew with Sophie, but she just wasn't in to it. Discovered that there's now a Nancy Drew series for younger readers, Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, and so we tried this one (the first). It was a big hit. We read two or three chapters a night and she was totally engrossed and wants to read more of them.

We've read several at this point. Some general observations:
The books are real mysteries (albeit not terribly complicated ones), introducing kids to the tropes of t
Lauren
Mar 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Well it was really good.I like mysteries. Well i like to slove them like Nancy Drew. In sleepover sleuths They are city girls there is onley one hollywood heather and derdie got hollywood heather and a bunch of other girls wanted holly wood heather. But she got her then the doll goes missing and nancy has to figure it out and she does it fell from the window sill and it slipped and fell in kendras bag.
Larissa
My nine year old sister gave me the two first titles in the "Clue Crew" series for Christmas this year, which I have to say, really made my day. Even though I'm going to be a little stodgy and say that I'm not sure that there needs to be yet another incarnation of the Nancy Drew books, I thought this was a pretty cute title, and not without merit. The invention of the "City Girls" dolls was rather on point with current trends in pre-teen collectibles and was a creative basis for a story. Also, t ...more
Melanie, Aaron, Annie, and Mary Project
Read by: Melanie
Genre: Mystery
Author: Carolyn Keene Illustrator: Macky Pamintuan
Interest Level: 3-5
Grade Level Equivalent: 3.2
DRA: N/A
Lexile: 580L

Nancy Drew and her friends are invited to a sleepover at Deirdre's house and were instructed to bring their City Girls dolls with them. Deirdre unveils the new, cool doll that she received for her birthday, Hollywood Heather, but when morning comes she is missing. Did someone steal her new doll and can Nancy figured out what happened? Nancy Drew has a
Ashley Li
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nancy Drew and The Clue Crew Review

PERSONAL RESPONSE

In children's minds, friends are much more important than the material things like the doll. Every child’s heart is pure and innocent. And if we do something wrong to friends, we should tell them the truth. There can’t be so many lies in friendships, so people should believe each other when they tell the truth. She/ he will forgive the liars, and they will still be friends. Personally after I read this book, I realized trust and honesty are the
Jenn M
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Nancy Drew and the Crew Clue series, that follows Nancy Drew and her two best friends Bess and George (the same cast of characters from the original Nancy Drew series written in the 1950's-1960's) when they began solving mysteries at age 8 and in the third grade.

In this book, Nancy, Bess and George are invited to a birthday sleepover at Deidre's house, where Deidre receives a much-sought-after gift of a rare doll. The doll disappears and Deidre asks Nancy and her friends to
Jerry
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty good.
EmsAdventures
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Eurocrime
Nancy, Bess & George's first adventure - aged 8.
Dolly
May 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
I absolutely loved, loved, loved Nancy Drew books when I was a young girl and I am so excited to start sharing them with our girls. These are perfect for their age; in them, Nancy and her friends are in the third grade. And the mysteries are very simple and not too scary. This one was about a missing doll at a slumber party and our girls had a blast trying to figure out "whodunit" from the clues. I can't wait to read more!
Jan
Jan 13, 2012 rated it liked it
This is the first of the "junior" Nancy Drew books, for 7- to 9-year-old chapter book readers. In this first book, Nancy and the rest of her 3rd grade friends solve their first mystery (a missing doll) and decide to organize the Clue Crew.

Not as smoothly written as some of the later books in the series, but notable for establishing the groundwork for the rest.
Samantha Osborne
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
loved
Dawn
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish I could go back and see myself when I was a Nancy Drew reader. Seems to me Nancy Drew books were quite sophisticated. This one was recommended by one of my students. I've been reading them some picture books that are mysteries and have told them I love mysteries so one student said I just had to read Nancy Drew. She said some of them were too scary for her, but she did like this one.

When I started, a flood of memories came back as I realized the character names were the same. This one is
Amelia
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deirdre's City Girl doll went missing at her sleepover. Deirdre's cat pushed it into Madison's bag. When they were looking for it, Madison found it in her bag but she didn't want to seem like she was the thief so she kept it. I think that Madison shouldn't have hid that she had Deirdre's City Girl even though she didn't take it.
Kathy
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew is a very good series. I liked the first book and am now reading the third, because the library didn't have the second one. You should read this book if you like mysteries. If you like the Boxcar Children, you may like this series too. I suggest it for ages 6-10. --Whitney
Crissy Daniel-campbell
7 year olds loved it!

I read along with my 7yo twin daughters and they loved it! We just finished all the Junie B Jones books and were looking for another series of easy chapter books. These for the bill.
Rosa
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A really good beginner mystery book for girls. My 7 and 9 year old loved working out whodunit.
Michelle Thomas
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought it was pretty boring not at all like the old Nancy Drew novels I loved, but my 6 yo daughter enjoyed it thus have 3 stars.
Nam
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
George into dolls? They've ruined my favorite ND character. The only one I could relate to when I was younger.
Molly Holmes
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved that it was a mystery.
James
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teaching
It's Fun To Be Bourgeois, Or: Wow, It Really Took Us Way Longer to Get Over 9/11 Than Previously Imagined.
Autumn Crum
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute kids read

I wanted to reminisce on my childhood reads . Glad I picked this one. More to read so little time
Angela Edwards
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loves it!!

Omg!! I just started reading these books and I Luv them!! Defiantly my new fav!!! Can't wAit to read more!!
Deanna French
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Nancy Drew books when I was younger, and I think these are a great introduction for young readers!
Library_Dweller89
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was charming, although it begs the question, What mystery shows are Nancy and her dad watching together? If Nancy was watching CSI at age 8 that would explain a lot of things.
Danielle
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoy reading mystery novels with my 5 year old because she believes that every single red herring must be the ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
Richard WSUV
Published in 2006, this realistic fiction book is great for circa third grade students to get them thinking about the need for good outlines when conducting investigations.
Cecelia
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was about Nancy, Bess, and George getting invited to a sleepover. The sleepover was Deidre's birthday party. They had to bring their City Dolls to the party. George has Oklahoma City Olivia. Bess has Honolulu Hallie. Nancy has Chicago Cheryl. Deidre has the most expensive and special City Girl ever. Her name is Hollywood Heather. Her poncho is made of real sheep's wool and she has beautiful white boots. She has blonde hair. During the sleepover, after all the games, when they're trying ...more
Casamore Jones
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Your kids will love it

Excellent read! This is a pretty good read for young kids! I loved Nancy drew as a kid and even though this was for younger readers I still enjoyed it
April Hoy
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Now younger readers can enjoy what I enjoyed growing up- the ever popular Nancy Drew! What a cute story and modern cover for this new series. I think this is a great early chapter book reader that will transition readers into the bigger chapter books in a few years. Keep on sleuthing, Nancy Drew!

• Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • Purple Princess Wins the Prize (Perfectly Princess)
  • Violet Mackerel's Brilliant Plot (Violet Mackerel, #1)
  • Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5)
  • The Weeping Werewolf (Moongobble and Me, #2)
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  • Chrissa
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
  • Remembering Mrs. Rossi
  • The Case of the Missing Family (The Buddy Files, #3)
  • Sophie the Awesome (Sophie, #1)
  • Nancy Drew: A Novelization of the Hit Movie
  • The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt (Judy Moody & Stink, #2)
  • Bravo, Mia! (American Girl of the Year)
  • A Katie Kazoo Christmas (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, Super Super Special)
  • The Dark Stairs (Herculeah Jones Mysteries, #1)
  • Sprite's Secret (Pixie Tricks, #1)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew (1 - 10 of 48 books)
  • Scream for Ice Cream (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #2)
  • Pony Problems (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #3)
  • The Cinderella Ballet Mystery (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #4)
  • Case of the Sneaky Snowman (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #5)
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • The Circus Scare (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #7)
  • Lights, Camera . . . Cats! (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #8)
  • The Halloween Hoax (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #9)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • Ski School Sneak (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #11)
“She touched her forehead with the back of her” 2 likes