Start by marking “The Awakening Heart: My Continuing Journey to Love” as Want to Read:
The Awakening Heart: My Continuing Journey to Love

The Awakening Heart: My Continuing Journey to Love

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  256 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Betty J. Eadie has shared her message with millions of readers eager to enrich their lives with the powerful faith, hope, and love she has so memorably described. Now, she takes us to new levels of spiritual discovery, addressing many of the concerns that affect us most by showing how she has transformed her own life with the mind-opening vision that captivated the world. ...more
Published November 1st 1997 by Pocket Books (first published July 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Awakening Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Awakening Heart

Myra
Feb 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love her story. How incredible. I would love to have the spiritual experiences she gets to have on what seems like a daily basis. I only wish she had gone into more detail on how she meditates, or how she is able to tap into God's love within herself. Action points to take away, like a good sermon gives!
Rik Schnabel
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoyed "Embraced By The Light" you'll love this one too.
The Goon
Feb 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: metaphysics, terrible
So, “The Awakening Heart: My Continuing Journey to Love,” is the sequel to “Embraced by the Light.”

Both books were written by a lady named Betty J. Eadie, and they recount her near death experience and subsequent readjustment to living life.

I read “The Awakening Heart” because it says on the back cover of the book that ‘“Embraced by the Light” was the plow; “Awakening the Heart” is the seed.’

Plus, I got both books from the used bookstore for a dime.

So, I thought, well I guess these two books
Reed
Feb 12, 2010 rated it did not like it
Ms. Eadie experienced one of the most profound near death episodes on file. I believe there is a lot to be learned about the nature of God and our mortal journey from studying such experiences. However, while her first book told of her experience, this book tells of her road to getting "Embraced by the Light" published. I stopped reading at page 108.

While Ms. Eadie appears to be a very spiritual person, I just cannot relate to her. She talks of all her trials while she seems to almost flaunt he
Mike
May 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Over all this book reads like a first draft fictional novel that has not yet been edited to flow. I say this because the stories are amazing and incredible. One of my Favorite stories in this book is when she tells of slapping the face of the driver, whom nearly hits her daughter. I think that I like this admission because it shows the human inability to control instinct, even with the proof of Jesus existence. She saves a man from suicide by praying for him through the phone. In fact she uses p ...more
Chantel
Oct 22, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This lady is a out of her mind and wants you to travel out of yours with her. There is nothing wrong with feeling spirituality and wanting to share a "Touched by God" experience but this woman is way out there. She didn't uplift or inspire me. Unfortunately, even if I didn't think she had fallen off the deep end, I wouldn't have enjoyed this book. She is a very poor writer. Fiction or non-fiction, it isn't worth your time.
Kelly Harvey
Although her first book was enchanting and kept you waiting to see what happens next, this one seemed to lack the detail and surprise as her first. It was a bit disappointing that she didn't actually describe things as well as she previously had. I enjoyed the book but it was somewhat a repetition to Embraced by the Light, with lack of details.
Judith Hall Simon
May 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was an elaborated version of Embraced by the Light and was poorly written. It got bogged down at times even without the typos. Some of the theology rang true to my own spiritual growth while other "insights" left me wondering. So I guess I could say that I came away from reading it with a lot of unsettled questions.
Amber
May 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
What happens after her near-death experience. Liked it even better than the first book because I always wondered how u can go on with a normal life after something like that. Interesting how her faith changes as well.
Dee
Nov 03, 2008 rated it it was ok
This is not my normal type of book, but sometimes in life you need to be a little creative in what you do and read. This book did just that for me. I read this at a time in my life where I need a little guidance and it helped. It makes you think about things a little more clearly.
Marina Quezada
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
a good book more good stuff but I do not remember it very much now.
Olga
Feb 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Kathryn
May 16, 2007 rated it liked it
I love Betty Eadie. I enjoy her books, really inspiring.
Chelsi
Dec 18, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read Embraced By The Light
Betty tells her personal experience even further, teaching you more about her experience and life.
Patricia
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: near-death-books
Totally impressed with her experiences and their impact....not only on hers but my own life.
David Linsday
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good follow up to the first book, but I prefer the rough edit of Embraced by the Light. The writing feels as thought written by a different person.
Tracey
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Tracey by: Carol
Book Club 67 - Chosen by Carol!

Not one of my favorite reads but an interesting discussion about religion!
Danny
Jul 27, 2012 added it
Shelves: destroyed
Read it years ago and was deceived by it. Once I realized that I had been deceived, I ripped it up and threw it away because I didn't want anyone else to buy that copy and be deceived as I was.
Helen Russell
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
had high hopes for this after 'embraced by the light' but tbh was bored with it.
Sue
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: esoteric
I don't know what I expected but this book just rehashes the first one.
Nothing to it. A mere shadow--if that.
Mary Roth
  • Meeting Faith: The Forest Journals of a Black Buddhist Nun
  • A Celebration Of Sex: A Guide to Enjoying God's Gift of Sexual Intimacy
  • The Cult Files: True Stories from the Extreme Edges of Religious Belief
  • Mary Magdalene, Bride in Exile
  • Unbelievable: Investigations into Ghosts, Poltergeists, Telepathy, and Other Unseen Phenomena from the Duke Parapsychology Laboratory
  • Mary Magdalene

• The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures
    $19.99 $1.99
  • Without a Doubt
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done (Harperbusiness Essentials)
    $11.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Belles on Their Toes
  • Unshakeable Trust: Find the Joy of Trusting God at All Times, in All Things
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Charlie Wilson's War: The Extraordinary Story of How the Wildest Man in Congress and a Rogue CIA Agent Changed the History
  • Unseen: The Gift of Being Hidden in a World That Loves to Be Noticed
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Things I've Been Silent About
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
    $10.99 $1.99
“Our spirit knows when we are on the right path. When we make a decision that we feel good about, we receive it as energy that propels us along a particular path...Our passion is the energy through which we serve our purpose. When we serve our purpose, we feel our passion. By following our passion, we will tap into the energy God gives us to serve our purpose.” 3 likes
“moved away, it was often for the purpose of acquiring new tools that could not have been acquired in any other way. When” 0 likes