Start by marking “Beach Blondes: June Dreams / July's Promise / August Magic (Summer, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Beach Blondes: June Dreams / July's Promise / August Magic (Summer, #1-3)

Beach Blondes: June Dreams / July's Promise / August Magic

(Summer #1-3)

Three months. Three guys. One amazing summer.

Summer Smith is in for the best summer of her life. Between the cold weather and her boyfriendless existence in Minnesota, Summer is ready for sun, sand, and boys in the Florida Keys. And by the end of the first day, she has more than enough to keep her busy: Adam, the senator's son, has looks, power, and all the money in the wo
Published May 6th 2008 by Simon Pulse (first published April 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Beach Blondes, please sign up.
Zo It's a series and now there's beach blondes, spring break, tan lines, and some Christmas romance book
Najma In this book there are 721 pages. :)

Christina
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
OKAY.
Let me just start by saying this book was NOT the way I expected it to be. I mean, just read the discription. Sounds like a boring pointless girl book with pointless girl drama, right? Well, yeah, it was, but don't get me wrong! I was really impressed by how decent the plot was, and how it was never boring (I mean, it takes talent to not make a 700+ paged book not be boring at times). There was always action and they even took on some serious issues like rape and depression and didn't make
Emerald Sue
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
***Spoiler Free Summary*** By Emerald BookWorm

One those books you don't judge by it's cover. /// This is more than a summer silly read. /// It went far deeper and more serious than I would of ever thought and I loved it! /// I would totally read this again. I loved the summer fun and the characters but also the serious issues that were dealt with in this series. /// Don't miss out on this series guys!
Melinda
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Perfect summer read. It is kind of long (721 pages) though, so you might not want to read it at the beach... if you want to keep your book in a good condition :)

"Three months. Three guys. One amazing summer.

Adam, the senator's son, has looks
Kaeley Little
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In the book "Beach Blondes", the author did not directly state the purpose for writing this book. I think that the reason the author wrote the book was to inspire teen girls to be them self and that friends should come before boyfriends or else things could become confusing.
Another reason I think that the author wrote this book was to entertain young people and to also keep the readers wanting more. That is why I think that the author chose to write this book.

The author did not directly state t
Jennifer Maloney
Aug 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-before-2014
It wasn't terrible but I would've edited it a lot differently than it was. For the most part, it was just a bubblegum fun story with not much substance. Great for some no brainer evenings of fun reading.

About the bad editing, there were several parts that repeated themselves almost word for word with other parts in the book, and some instances where there were total misspellings of words or wrong character names used. So unprofessional, in my opinion!
Sophie
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had no expectations when starting this book because I hadn't really heard anything about it, I just saw it on sale in my book shop and decided to give it a read. But I was pleasantly surprised.

The plot. I really did enjoy the plot. This book is definitely not your regular summer read, there is a lot of family mystery and drama as well as the typical boy and friend drama as well as rape, depression and suicide which I definitely was not expecting from this book but I did think that it add to th
~Hannah S.
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Beach Blondes

Summer Smith doesn’t want to have just another lame summer in Minnesota. She wants to get away from the cold. That’s why she moves down to Crab Claw Key Florida with he cousin Diana. Besides all of the fun she is having with her friends and he new boyfriend Summer has to work at the Crab n’ Conch restaurant with her friend Marquez. Marquez notices that Summer and the main cook J.T. have some weird connection. They get burns at the exact same time and same place, they say the same t
Amy Simpson
Aug 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Honestly, this book is not very good at all. If you want a good summer novel go read The Summer I Turned Pretty series. I actually can't believe I made myself read this whole book, I kept thinking it would get better. Summer is the most annoying character I have had to read about since Bella in Twilight. She is a goodie two shoes who of course had no life untell she goes to beach town and then EVERY SINGLE GUY in the whole world notices her. Why? Not sure. The ending of the book is completely ch ...more
Michael
May 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
I bought this book thinking it would be alot better then today's the book and the story look very promising.

The story is about a girl name Summer Smith going to Florida for the summer. A Tarot card reader tells her she will meet three guys, The perfect one, dangerous and mysterious. We meet Diana, who's depressing after something bad to her. Along the way she make friends with a girl name Marquez and meets three guys name Seth, Adam and Diver.

There were a few errors in the book like with the w
Alyssa
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't buy books like these, that look girly. Well I thought about it && the more I thought about it I thought that maybe this isnt something to pass up. Reluctantly I bought it, after reading about the 13th page and I was hooked! The dont judge a book by a cover slapped me across the face with this one. It isnt what you think it will be. MUST READ! I love this book. You hope for Summer, but even more secretly you hope for Marquez<3 It's funny, frustrating, and completely ama ...more
Alana
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really ended up enjoying this book. Things happen very quickly, you get hooked within the first 20 pages! This was a perfect summer read and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series! I couldn't help but smile and feel warm and fuzzy inside while reading about Summer and Seth, and they added interesting elements to the story so it wasn't just focused on the 3 guys. All in all, it was a very enjoyable book and I think that it's perfect for those people who love ...more
Sophia Christina
Jul 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
I LOVE this series!
Its soooo good! It makes me want to move to the Keys and just have a fun time.
Just to make it clear, the order of the series is Beach Blondes, Spring Break, Tan Lines, Sun Kissed Christmas.
This series was actually written in the 90's but they republished it and replaced it with modern day celebrities. They also changed the title of the book and the covers. Beach Blondes is three books of the old series in one.
On more info on the old series check out this link!
Abigail Woodruff
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of those times that you don't just judge a book by it's cover.
Haley Koloski
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've had this book and all of the rest of the books in this series on my book shelf for about 5-6 years, and I had never once read them. I figured they would just be some boring girly books. While they are "girly", this book had so much going on in it that pulled me in the entire time. There's a lot of real, deep stuff in this book, to put it very, very simply. The perfect summer read. Can't wait to read the rest!
Charlotte
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book borders on three stars. :P Beach Blondes is a compound of three books originally written in 1995. It was a fun, cheesy and somewhat dumb summer read. Perfect for hot days when all you're doing is drinking iced tea on the porch.

Beach Blondes follows Summer Smith, (and pretty much every character gets a bit of their POV at least once) a simple girl from Minnesota who has come down to Florida to stay with her aunt and cousin for the summer. On the plane ride a woman reads her future with
Kim Smiley
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I wish we could give half stars because I would really give this 3 1/2. What a long book but i finished it in 2 days.

This book is about Summer. She lives in Minnesota and has the chance to spend her summer vacation with her Aunt and cousin at their home in Crab Claw Key Florida. She's sohappy to go and get away from all the cold and snow.

On the plane down there, she meets a guy who ends up kissing her in the photo booth in the airport once they land. She is surprised but he is cute. But she doe
Emma Donald
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I decided to read 'Beach Blondes', written by Katherine Applegate, because my friend recommended it to me as an interesting read. The brightly coloured cover also caught my eye, and when I read the blurb on the back it seemed like a decent book, so I got it out.

My favourite setting in Beach Blondes was the scene in the underground caves, where Seth and Summer had gotten trapped on a small, desolate island while scuba diving in an underwater cave. There had been a cave-in, causing them to find an
Nikki
Aug 11, 2010 rated it liked it
I started reading this book because my 15 year old daughter said I had to. Lol I thought it was a fun read, very easy. I became attached to the characters the more I got into the story. There were times that I laughed out loud, got chocked up, had my stomach in knots, and felt love struck. Not a whole lot of deep thoughts and I figured out parts of the story before the author revealed the answers. The REALLY ANNOYING thing about the book, was the constant repeating of things that you already kne ...more
Marissa Marzano
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I WAS HOOKED!

For a girl who really isn't patient, and didn't have a lot of time on her hands, i still made a consious effort to read, from cover to cover, this 720 page book.

I'm a real big sucker for summer teen drama novels, I don't know why, i just am, but this book is just perfect for those who need a book to read on the beach.

It incompasses everything that sound happen in a regular summer holiday for a 17 year old girl. Sand, sun, sea and sex. Love it.

This novel was just another book that
Katie
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVEEEE this book! It is probably my favorite book of all time. I read it last summer and I plan to read it every summer from now on. It is such a good book! So many love triangles and always keeping you guessing as to where the book will go. Although I am sad to see it come to an end, I'm very excited to read the next two books!! Definitely would recommend!
Joey
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really loved this book, very playful, very light hearted but does have really strong issues that are serious issues that need to be talked about and people really need to get an understanding on like depression and suicide. Definitely a summer read. Totally enjoyed this book. And I definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone!!!
Anita Bowden
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Katherine Applegate really outdid herself with this book! The book had so many unexpected twists and turns to it and really had me on the edge or my seat/bed during most of the book! I can't wait to dive into the sequel to this (Tan Lines) and continue reading Summer's story! Way to go Katherine Applegate .. Way to go! (:
Rheagen
Feb 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
One word: horrendous. It was just plain boring The main character.. Dull. The plot.. Where was it exactly?. And it went by too quickly for me.. There was no definite theme either.. I just don't understand why most enjoy such books... *pondering*
Jun 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Well, I rated this based on how much I enjoyed reading it. It's pretty much just a soap opera wrapped up into 600 pages. So, for a summer trash novel I'd give it five stars. But for what an easy read it was, i'd take off one.
Kennedy
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is something great to read during the summer & deserves to be read!!
Erianne Thedorf
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is the book that started my obsession with any kind of beachy-love read and I absolutely adore it. One of my all time favorite books.
Missus_Write
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Finished on June 17, 2018. Review does contain some spoilers.

Initial review: My God this book was such a struggle to read. Do you know how much shit I got for reading this? Most of it from myself! Thankful it's over; no offense.

Okay. So I've had a day or two to process my feelings and I would like to temper my initial, immense feeling of relief that the book was over by saying, astoundingly, it wasn't that bad. In fact, it was pretty good, considering the circumstances it exists in.

First off, mo
Stef
Oh man! What a wild ride this book is! Such a great book! I totally recommend! The best teen book I have read.

I felt like I went on a journey with these characters all summer! It felt like I was watching a movie. I'm so happy that I completely this book in a timely manner. I have so much I want to say about it and I can't wait to write about it for "Taking it One 'Stef' at a Time"! :D

I hope to write a more in-depth review here too!

I feel so accomplished to have finally finished reading this book
Keri
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really good beach read. It is actually 3 books combined into one so it is a little long but I needed a book with over 600 pages for book battle so it worked perfectly! It had a little bit of suspense and mystery too which was nice. I feel the name and cover really don't do the story justice. It appears like it would be really cheesy and silly but it was a lot more than that! I also loved that these books were written back in 1995 before cell phones which definitely made things more interesting. ...more
Jenn Mull
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Here is a perfect example of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Lots of the reviews of this book said the same sort of thing: by all appearances, this book is written for a 13-year-old, boy-crazy girl, but the content is actually much deeper than that. I'll definitely be reading the next book in this series. And to think, the woman who wrote this book is the same woman who wrote Animorphs!
What's the Name o...: summer [s] 7 61 Mar 06, 2014 03:06PM
Worth reading? 9 51 Jan 12, 2014 01:25PM
  • Summer Girls (Summer Girls, #1)
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • The Year I Turned Sixteen (The Year I Turned Sixteen, #1-4)
  • Forever Summer (Laguna Cove & Cruel Summer)
  • The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)
  • Sun-Kissed (The Au Pairs #3)
  • Sixteenth Summer (Sixteenth Summer #1)
  • Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)
  • Caribbean Cruising
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • Banana Splitsville (Courtney Von Dragen Smith, #1)
  • Slept Away
Katherine Applegate is the author of The One and Only Ivan, winner of the 2013 Newbery Medal. Her novel Crenshaw spent over twenty weeks on the New York Times children's bestseller list, and her first middle-grade stand-alone novel, the award-winning Home of the Brave, continues to be included on state reading lists, summer reading lists, and class reading lists.

Katherine has written three picture

Summer (8 books)
  • June Dreams (Summer, #1)
  • July's Promise (Summer, #2)
  • August Magic (Summer, #3)
  • Spring Break (Summer, #4)
  • Sand, Surf, and Secrets (Summer, #5)
  • Rays, Romance, and Rivalry (Summer, #6)
  • Beaches, Boys, and Betrayal (Summer #7)
  • Sun-Kissed Christmas (Summer #8)
“You can't have real pain without real love. You can't feel grief and loss and hurt without real love. Love is the only way you can ever be really hurt deep down.” 117 likes
“She got up and went to her tiny kitchen. On the way she turned on her radio. "You want something to eat?" she called over her shoulder.

"What do you have?"

"Um..." She opened her refrigerator. "Milk, yogurt, and wilted lettuce." She checked her cupboard. "Cheerios. Instant grits. Sorry-- I figured that since this is technically the South, I should try grits. Ah-hah! Pop-Tarts."

"Pop-Tarts! All right," he said enthusiastically. He came to join her as she loaded the toaster. "Life. It just doesn't get any better than this. You and Pop-Tarts.”
1 likes